IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 273.
#13001 1 year ago

That is a great idea. I would be in.

#13002 1 year ago
Quoted from aeneas:

I tried something similar and wanted to 3d print a holder so they could move up.
Didn't continue after some tests as the cables don't have much space.

Cool idea with a 3d print. I stuck at the same problem with the cables as well. Has anybody knowledge of flex cables or something like that?

#13003 1 year ago

Drone topper that takes off.

#13004 1 year ago

Hey guys, new owner here. I've noticed that the emoji overload mode will sometimes end as soon as it begins without any of the shots mentioned on screen being hit. Is somewhat normal for the mode to do that? I've seen a couple people mention it earlier in the thread but couldn't find it there was a remedy for it.

I'm running the lates code 1.75.

#13005 1 year ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Hey guys, new owner here. I've noticed that the emoji overload mode will sometimes end as soon as it begins without any of the shots mentioned on screen being hit. Is somewhat normal for the mode to do that? I've seen a couple people mention it earlier in the thread but couldn't find it there was a remedy for it.
I'm running the lates code 1.75.

Well if the "Big Bang" target in the back left is lit and ready to go I think hitting it completes all active modes?

#13006 1 year ago

Very happy owner of both Twilight Zone and Dialed In. I've owned Dialed In a few months and love it. I do wonder why, why, why did they go with that theme?

Literally call it Twilight Zone. Keep the phone concept and every rule. Change the art, change the music and call outs. Make the video screen show Rod Sterling introducing the "strange" occurrence "Not an ordinary day, not an ordinary storm", etc. The game would have been insanely collectible.

Before any one says TZ is done, so was Pirates and look how popular that one is

I love Dialed In and I'm thankful it's not as popular. It's kept the price down for a game that is incredibly loaded. HUO DI cost less than my NIB Godzilla Pro and DI is way more loaded.

#13007 1 year ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

Well if the "Big Bang" target in the back left is lit and ready to go I think hitting it completes all active modes?

Thanks. I don't think that target was hit, but I'll look for it specifically next time the mode starts.

#13008 1 year ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

Very happy owner of both Twilight Zone and Dialed In. I've owned Dialed In a few months and love it. I do wonder why, why, why did they go with that theme?
Literally call it Twilight Zone. Keep the phone concept and every rule. Change the art, change the music and call outs. Make the video screen show Rod Sterling introducing the "strange" occurrence "Not an ordinary day, not an ordinary storm", etc. The game would have been insanely collectible.
Before any one says TZ is done, so was Pirates and look how popular that one is
I love Dialed In and I'm thankful it's not as popular. It's kept the price down for a game that is incredibly loaded. HUO DI cost less than my NIB Godzilla Pro and DI is way more loaded.

At the time it was created, JJP wanted an unlicensed theme, just like the Williams glory years. There were a lot of people on Pinside screaming for an unlicensed theme. Well JJP married Pat Lawlor/Youssi with a Disaster Theme, seemed like a no brainer. All Pinside cared about was that there was a cell phone on the pf and the main character wore "mom jeans". I think it's a great game loaded with mechs and tech.

I like the theme and I don't care what anyone thinks.

#13009 1 year ago

I get tired of defending dialed in but if some one avoids this classic because of a cell phone on the playfield and a title they don’t like that is there loss ,I bought one of the first one and have always loved the toys and theatre and the killer crazy crazy magnets and the cell phone with the funny characters ,the only think I don’t love is the sim shot that is to hard but is manageable with no protector and loose the rubbers on the posts.

#13010 1 year ago

Just got thru playing it 10min ago. I have had it about 3 months and I have to tell you I was going to get rid of it. The last month my tune has totally changed it's in the permeant line-up and usually the machine I start out with when I start playing.

#13011 1 year ago
Quoted from TwilightZone:

I think for a mainstream audience, "cell phone stuff" is pretty popular. I agree, calling it "Chaos" or something like that might have ended better. I think the theme is 100% fine, just the title.

#13012 1 year ago

This game really has that 1 more game factor. I go downstairs to play a game or 2 and before I know it hours and many games have gone by lol.
Very pleased with this one. I think I prefer wonka but this game is no slouch.

#13013 1 year ago

Looking for a replacement mirror for the quantum theater. Anyone have an extra one on the parts shelf?

Already checked with Brian at JJP and he also checked Marco, and Pinball Life.

#13014 1 year ago
Quoted from mbott1701:

Looking for a replacement mirror for the quantum theater.

If you can't find one. You might have to find a similar one. Drug store cosmetics, hardware store or auto parts store ( for checking hard to see places ) maybe Amazon for mirrors for pocket or purse.

And you may have to cut to size. If glass it can be done, if metal tin snips.

LTG : )

#13015 1 year ago

Thanks, yeah I figured that might be the way to go. Found a place online to get a custom size cut, so we’ll see how that works out.

#13016 1 year ago

Dialed in's default rules remove much of the game. Set Bob rules to easy and lower requirements for theatre modes and the game opens up. I now focus on stacking theatre MBs and modes and other MBs. It's no longer just modes and feels like a 90s machine.

#13017 1 year ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

On my game a connector (o to the phone was touching something that was touching near the pop bumper. So vibrations trickled down into the connector.
I used velcro cable tie type material to route the cables better. Took care of the problem thankfully. Next step was replacing that connector if it was still flaky.

Quoted from mbott1701:

Looking for a replacement mirror for the quantum theater. Anyone have an extra one on the parts shelf?
Already checked with Brian at JJP and he also checked Marco, and Pinball Life.

Wow, I am surprised they are out of those! I figured the would be stuck with a few hundred at the factory.

#13018 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Dialed in's default rules remove much of the game. Set Bob rules to easy and lower requirements for theatre modes and the game opens up. I now focus on stacking theatre MBs and modes and other MBs. It's no longer just modes and feels like a 90s machine.

Interesting. I always thought Bob multiballs were way too hard to obtain. I wish I still had my game to try.

#13019 1 year ago

Played it the other day and beat my highest score. Actually had forgotten what it can do when the machine gets going. Dare I say it may have one of JJP’s best light-shows!

#13020 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Could you take a picture of the setting,I looked and am confused!
Thanks

#13021 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

I think we should get a choice on that or at least notify us of the consequence's for uploaded the new code. Why have them work on test but not when the game plays . We are losing a toy.

Spinning drones are a useless "toy" you'd have a valid complaint if they actually made a different in the gameplay.

#13022 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Lololol, the rules are hard. I should be able to do everything whenever I play. Do you give yourself trohpies too?

#13023 1 year ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

Lololol, the rules are hard. I should be able to do everything whenever I play. Do you give yourself trohpies too?

Honestly I have my Bob multiballs set to one easier than default. You see them more than once in a blue moon. And in a really good game you can maybe see 2.

Stacking them with a mode is good fun.

#13024 1 year ago

I have most of my games set up far more difficult than default. Jjp struggles with rules and defaults in a lot of their titles.

Is your ego so big that you can't change sone settings on a game to make it more balanced? Oh, I see now. Your a newb. (Pats head).

#13025 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Could you take a picture of the setting,I looked and am confused!
Thanks

I posted my settings a while back of you search. I think I have drones set to one and the other theatres set to two. Bob set to easy and Bob stacking to 10. I raised the angle of the game to make it faster so that is a little tougher. Play around with the settings to see what you like. I only did this because I was going to sell it because of the code. It was a last ditch effort. I now love the game. It's about as difficult as Twilight zone and almost as fun. Jjp really dropped the ball on default settings imho.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#13026 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I posted my settings a while back of you search. I think I have drones set to one and the other theatres set to two. Bob set to easy and Bob stacking to 10. I raised the angle of the game to make it faster so that is a little tougher. Play around with the settings to see what you like. I only did this because I was going to sell it because of the code. It was a last ditch effort. I now love the game. It's about as difficult as Twilight zone and almost as fun. Jjp really dropped the ball on default settings imho.

Thanks

#13027 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I get tired of defending dialed in but if some one avoids this classic because of a cell phone on the playfield and a title they don’t like that is there loss ,I bought one of the first one and have always loved the toys and theatre and the killer crazy crazy magnets and the cell phone with the funny characters ,the only think I don’t love is the sim shot that is to hard but is manageable with no protector and loose the rubbers on the posts.

Absolutely !

On the plus side, for newcomer (like me), given the theme the price has been kept relatively low (lower than Woz or Wonka where I live), so "their loss, my gain"

I just wish I could change the music, it's not really good, but it gets in my head quite quickly and I can't get rid of it... And frankly it's a little bit annoying

#13028 1 year ago

Back in the club. Now, my THIRD time owning DI. I have gone through just about every game you can think of including games like MM, MB, AFM, GZ, all JJP pins, and more and DI still rises to the top for me. Love that it's so easy to understand the rules and yet its a challenging and rewarding game.

#13029 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I have most of my games set up far more difficult than default. Jjp struggles with rules and defaults in a lot of their titles.
Is your ego so big that you can't change sone settings on a game to make it more balanced? Oh, I see now. Your a newb. (Pats head).

"Your" a newb, lol. Not even close. Making it easier does not make it more balanced.

#13030 1 year ago

"Your" a newb, lol. Not even close. Making it easier does not make it more balanced.

Don’t you know that everyone that has just joined pinside is a (assumed) newbie? Even though you’ve owned pinball machines for 20 years……. I have gotten the same newbie comments. I won’t knock the spelling because I just don’t feel it’s my place to. I’ll save that for the English teachers

#13031 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Don’t you know that everyone that has just joined pinside is a (assumed) newbie? Even though you’ve owned pinball machines for 20 years……. I have gotten the same newbie comments. I won’t knock the spelling because I just don’t feel it’s my place to. I’ll save that for the English teachers

The newb comment was more about the rude response than the lack of years collecting.

The spelling was due to swipe typing, another newb assumption. He's two for two!

#13032 1 year ago

How about that SIM shot!

#13033 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

How about that SIM shot!

I'm working on a fix for that, an entire new metal scoop. So far, my first prototype has improved it about 20%. I have some major edits that need to be done still.

#13034 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm working on a fix for that, an entire new metal scoop. So far, my first prototype has improved it about 20%. I have some major edits that need to be done still.

That is good to hear. I’m flipping bare back into both the SIM and phone….. much more forgiving now. The protection of some kind would be nice though

#13035 1 year ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I am bareback also with just Mylar for protection and no rubbers but if I could get it even better with an improved scoop I would be in!

#13036 1 year ago

Anyone know where I can get the trap door flap? Mine s broken and can't find a replacement anywhere
Thanks

#13037 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Anyone know where I can get the trap door flap? Mine s broken and can't find a replacement anywhere
Thanks

Ditto to this

#13039 1 year ago

Since it’s not on JJP parts list on the website are you saying to email JJP and request the trap door to purchase? Thanks

#13040 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Since it’s not on JJP parts list on the website are you saying to email JJP and request the trap door to purchase? Thanks

yes email [email protected]

#13041 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Since it’s not on JJP parts list on the website are you saying to email JJP and request the trap door to purchase?

Or call and ask for Nate or Martha.

#13042 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Or call and ask for Nate or Martha.

Thanks guys! Flip on!

#13043 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Thanks guys!

Anytime. Martha is your best bet for parts. Nate has a different job now.

#13044 1 year ago

Does anyone know if it’s worth updating to the beta code? Any differences?

#13045 1 year ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Any differences?

Don't know about any beta version.

Here is the change log for 1.75 https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/di_changelog.txt

#13046 1 year ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I am bareback also with just Mylar for protection and no rubbers but if I could get it even better with an improved scoop I would be in!

This made a big difference for me... Can hit the shot with the upper flipper now. Still tough, but doable.

#13047 1 year ago

I just sold my DILE last week. I’ll miss it but it was time to change up the 4 game collection a bit. I’m sure I’ll always be able to pick up another in the future if I get the urge again

#13048 1 year ago

Quite a few of us have been owners a few times and you will be one I bet someday!

#13049 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

I think for a mainstream audience, "cell phone stuff" is pretty popular. I agree, calling it "Chaos" or something like that might have ended better. I think the theme is 100% fine, just the title.

Even Pat’s original title Killer App would’ve been better.This ones on Jack!

#13050 1 year ago

Looking to buy a nice Dialed In LE. I sold mine last year and miss it. Let me know if you have one for sale.

Jeff

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 261 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/261 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.