IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 273.
#12951 1 year ago

After many many months I finally spent last evening and some this morning replacing the factory scoop and sim card protectors with newer version cliffy's they sent me. Wasnt very fun, but I got it done, man the game is so much more fun and enoyable now, feels like the shots are better. Putting a coat of wax also helped the game play.

Does anyone have some tips on those washers underneath the playfield that hold the posts, I hate those things everytime I get a good turn then the post itself turns, my hands are hurting, any good tricks?
Thanks

#12952 1 year ago

I was having my best game ever yesterday. Was in chaos multiball and had 3 or 4 sim cards all was going well in multiball when......The power went out in the entire neighborhood. Ugh!

#12953 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

any good tricks?

Grab the post above with a vice grips. Where rubber ring goes. Or if a smooth post wrap a towel on it first. Doesn't take much to hold it so you can tighten the nut.

LTG : )

#12954 1 year ago

Man so glad I switched out those protectors, Ive gotten to parts in the game I have never seen before.
Its so much crazy fun, great game! I just keep wanting to play more and more

Bravo!

#12955 1 year ago

Why would you, its nice!

Quoted from arcyallen:

At one point I thought there was a way to shut off the "wave your hand" requirement for Lottery Frenzy, but can't find that option anywhere in the game menu, the manual, or in this forum. Did I imagine it?

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man so glad I switched out those protectors, Ive gotten to parts in the game I have never seen before.
Its so much crazy fun, great game! I just keep wanting to play more and more
Bravo!

So no problems on the playfield (chipping etc)?

#12956 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Why would you, its nice!

So no problems on the playfield (chipping etc)?

I have all jjp games , never had a single playfield issue

#12957 1 year ago

Ok, so you got rid of the protectors and still no problems with the PF. Do you have mylar or a PF protector?

Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I have all jjp games , never had a single playfield issue

#12958 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Ok, so you got rid of the protectors and still no problems with the PF. Do you have mylar or a PF protector?

miscommunication. I got rid of the original factory protectors on the phone scoop and the sim chip shot. The original protectors from the factory were too thick and I would get lots of missed shots, very very annoying
So I contacted JJP about it a long time ago and they sent me new and improved protectors which Im assuming are cliffs. So I installed those on the phone scoop and sim chip shot, much much better, old ones went into the trash.

#12959 1 year ago

I’m curious how can I make the phone (disaster) mode voices louder? Everything else is loud enough but the voices are a bit too quiet.

#12960 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I’m curious how can I make the phone (disaster) mode voices louder? Everything else is loud enough but the voices are a bit too quiet.

Settings - System Settings - scroll down to Sound. There you can play with various volumes and mixes.

Disclaimer : Call Pat Lawlor and let him know you'd like LTG back.

#12961 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Settings - System Settings - scroll down to Sound. There you can play with various volumes and mixes.
Disclaimer : Call Pat Lawlor and let him know you'd like LTG back.

I am aware there are sound settings, I wanted to know what setting makes the voices louder. I tried to adjust somewhat up/down not finding anything that makes the voices any better.

#12962 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I wanted to know what setting makes the voices louder.

Did you try the one for speech ?

You might have to reduce others to get what you want.

#12963 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Did you try the one for speech ?
You might have to reduce others to get what you want.

Thanks Lloyd. I had thought that I did adjust the speech but must’ve not saved when I exited because it was still on default setting.

#12964 1 year ago

THANK YOU!

I thought this was NOT happening to me, since I was 99% sure that I did not leave any parts inside the machine when I fixed the trap door.
Well - I was wrong and your post made me detach the tunnel and stick my fingers inside the phone scoop from below - there it was: The same trap door part that got stuck in the phone scoop.

I love this forum and wanted to say thank you for putting this kind of info in it.

You just made my day .

Quoted from TOLLS:

Phone scoop coil inconsistent.
This problem started some time ago and got worse with the update it seemed, until it intermittently didn’t fire at all. Thought I had a switch problem but that worked in test most of the time. Long story short, turns out the broken end from the trap door had worked itself down the subway and was around the Phone entry switch area. I would have sworn I had found that bit when it broke, but obviously not. If you have had a broken subway door check your subway. It’s a real pain getting the thing out of that mech. It fits in tight.[quoted image]

#12965 1 year ago

If you fill in the email survey, please put down get LTG : ) Back.

#12966 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

I was just coming on here to post the same thing. Just filled in my survey. We should all upvote his post above when done so we can see how much feedback JJP will actually get on this.

#12967 1 year ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

I was just coming on here to post the same thing. Just filled in my survey. Bring LTG back!.

#12968 1 year ago
Quoted from mjfisher:

I was just coming on here to post the same thing. Just filled in my survey. We should all upvote his post above when done so we can see how much feedback JJP will actually get on this.

Upvote…. I alway vote up for LLOYD

#12969 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Already done!

#12970 1 year ago

Just got my dialed in today! Seems like a super cool game. My back button for the menu button doesn’t work however. Checked loose connections but doesn’t seem to be that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#12971 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Just got my dialed in today! Seems like a super cool game. My back button for the menu button doesn’t work however. Checked loose connections but doesn’t seem to be that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check j601-604 on the I o board behind the monitor - if the head was just folded and unfolded those smaller switch wires can get tugged off or crookedly partially on their pins and those four share a ground wire at pin1 on each connector. Any tension on those harnesses can cause what you are seeing.

#12972 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Check j601-604 on the I o board behind the monitor - if the head was just folded and unfolded those smaller switch wires can get tugged off or crookedly partially on their pins and those four share a ground wire at pin1 on each connector. Any tension on those harnesses can cause what you are seeing.

That was it! Thanks very much. Noticed a couple of crooked connectors and fixed them.

#12973 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

That was it! Thanks very much. Noticed a couple of crooked connectors and fixed them.

No problem glad I could help.

#12974 1 year ago

Have been playing my DI a lot lately, I go through phases where I only play one game at a time so for the past two weeks been playing my DI. I have the factory protectors so the SIM shot and the phone shot are not easy, but I am not good at taking apart my games so I am living with what I have. But I did adjust the SIM carryover to at least give me a better chance to collect some.

To my surprise the wrench just broke off right at the base where it screws on, don't know if this is common or not but for now I am going to play without it.

I used to own TZ and I see a lot of similarities with DI at least the two shots (SIM and Phone- Camera and Slot machine). I actually prefer DI over TZ although TZ has a lot more character or nostalgia, the disaster modes in DI are much more to my preference and I love the theater and the magnets, EMP strike is the best although it's such a danger but I love how the ball is thrown around the play field.

#12975 1 year ago

Hello all, just got my dialed in last weekend. Was wondering about a post without a rubber on it. Is it supposed to have no rubber on it? I tried adding several sizes and all of them caused the ball to hang up.

4F6B12DF-661B-4740-AAB9-6C155654437A (resized).jpeg4F6B12DF-661B-4740-AAB9-6C155654437A (resized).jpeg
#12976 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Is it supposed to have no rubber on it?

No.

Quoted from Enron64:

I tried adding several sizes and all of them caused the ball to hang up.

That is why.

Disclaimer : Former jjp tech support and pinball ambassador.

#12977 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

That is why.
Disclaimer : Former jjp tech support and pinball ambassador.

Thank you very much LTG! Appreciate the knowledge and help.

#12978 1 year ago

Joined the club yesterday. My son is loving it!

29D5DCCD-EDCB-4ED1-B331-86A4734E54D4 (resized).jpeg29D5DCCD-EDCB-4ED1-B331-86A4734E54D4 (resized).jpeg43890CC5-4F22-4D4C-A4A3-731A2BB434C8 (resized).jpeg43890CC5-4F22-4D4C-A4A3-731A2BB434C8 (resized).jpegA1C10BF7-D30B-430C-B4C6-42FEACE77B63 (resized).jpegA1C10BF7-D30B-430C-B4C6-42FEACE77B63 (resized).jpeg
#12979 1 year ago
Quoted from Bos98:

Joined the club yesterday. My son is loving it!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks like he figured out the selfie mode already. JJP's best I believe, and congrats!

And I love the plates!!

#12980 1 year ago

Has anyone else had the electric guy scratch the glass from underneath. I put a fresh piece of voodoo glass in and noticed scratch marks on the underside of the glass right where his path of travel is. He clears it fine in the test mode. I am wondering if hitting him while he moves causes his bolts to hit the glass.

#12981 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

causes his bolts to hit the glass.

Are they installed right, not upside down ?

#12982 1 year ago

Just picked one up recently (finally!) Have only been able to put a handful of plays on it, but when do the drones actually spin the propellers? I know they paired it down in the new code, but I don’t think they activated at all, and I know they all work.

#12983 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Has anyone else had the electric guy scratch the glass from underneath. I put a fresh piece of voodoo glass in and noticed scratch marks on the underside of the glass right where his path of travel is. He clears it fine in the test mode. I am wondering if hitting him while he moves causes his bolts to hit the glass.

No, but I have scratches in my glass around that spot from taking the glass out with coin door open..

#12984 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

Are they installed right, not upside down ?

Nope not upside down.

#12985 1 year ago
Quoted from aeneas:

No, but I have scratches in my glass around that spot from taking the glass out with coin door open..

I normally always close the coin door when sliding the glass off but that being said sometimes I forget. Could be that for sure.

#12986 1 year ago
Quoted from GrandFireball1:

Just picked one up recently (finally!) Have only been able to put a handful of plays on it, but when do the drones actually spin the propellers? I know they paired it down in the new code, but I don’t think they activated at all, and I know they all work.

It was purposely left out in the latest code as apparently there were too many problems with them. I confirmed that with JJP support.

#12987 1 year ago

I think we should get a choice on that or at least notify us of the consequence's for uploaded the new code. Why have them work on test but not when the game plays . We are losing a toy.

#12988 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

I think we should get a choice on that or at least notify us of the consequence's for uploaded the new code. Why have them work on test but not when the game plays . We are losing a toy.

I am at 1.73 software. That is the last one with support for the app (not available anymore, but still on my phone and is still working). This software spins the drones one after another a little bit, but it still spins them. Will stay on that, if you don't need Bluetooth headphones or online features, just go back to that software. If one drone fails and you are able to solder small things and have some time, it's very cheap to repair.

#12989 1 year ago

Sounds good

#12990 1 year ago
Quoted from ripit:

Read the change log on the website before installing an update. ( they don't know where all the games are or who owns all of them, notify everybody would be impossible )

Drones still work. Just not often or all the time. So they last longer.

#12991 1 year ago

Ok upon further investigation the scratches are perfectly inline with the electric guys lightning bolts. My question is now is he supposed to have play back and forth and side to side or is he supposed to be sturdy. Mine has play so I can imagine that when the ball hits him he moves around a bit.

#12992 1 year ago
Quoted from Enron64:

Ok upon further investigation the scratches are perfectly inline with the electric guys lightning bolts. My question is now is he supposed to have play back and forth and side to side or is he supposed to be sturdy. Mine has play so I can imagine that when the ball hits him he moves around a bit.

Maybe there was an incident where, after having the playfield up it did not completely go down into place. This has happened to me and the electric guy did hit my glass.

#12993 1 year ago

I would still vote for an option to turn drones back to full usage (with the higher risk of failing) on own risk.
I have modified all drones to avoid burnt motors, so I would like to have them spinning like in early versions of the SW.
Could be an option in the settings and by default set to the new behavior...

#12994 1 year ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

I would still vote for an option to turn drones back to full usage (with the higher risk of failing) on own risk.
I have modified all drones to avoid burnt motors, so I would like to have them spinning like in early versions of the SW.
Could be an option in the settings and by default set to the new behavior...

It's funny people are so passionate about this! I thought I'd be sad about the minimal drone spinning, but I only really notice them spinning every ten or so games. They're so tiny they just blend in. Having said that, I can understand why someone else might want them spinning more.

#12995 1 year ago

It would be nice to have them all spin at the very least when the drone sounds happen!

#12996 1 year ago

That's what I'm talking about

#12997 1 year ago

Drone spins are cool. It’s funny how some people are NOT so passionate about the drone spinning more often.

#12998 1 year ago
Quoted from Sugar:

Drone spins are cool. It’s funny how some people are NOT so passionate about the drone spinning more often.

I was thinking about modding them, but didn't yet because of minor usage in newer software. My idea would be to mount them on a spring instead of the screw and give the cables a little more space. The drones would not just spin but also fly off a little bit. Wouldn't that be cool if it was working? Maybe it's an idea and someone here can do that

#12999 1 year ago

I am surprised someone didn't come up with something other don't use

#13000 1 year ago
Quoted from TrekTobbyGermany:

I was thinking about modding them, but didn't yet because of minor usage in newer software. My idea would be to mount them on a spring instead of the screw and give the cables a little more space. The drones would not just spin but also fly off a little bit. Wouldn't that be cool if it was working? Maybe it's an idea and someone here can do that

I tried something similar and wanted to 3d print a holder so they could move up.
Didn't continue after some tests as the cables don't have much space.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 22.50
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 260 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/260 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.