Topic Stats

• 6,529 posts - Hot topic!
  • 402 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 hours ago by Nokoro
  • Topic is favorited by 147 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 769 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20181216_152159 (resized).jpg
20181216_152132 (resized).jpg
2018-12-16 19.20.39 (resized).jpg
20181216_161345 (resized).jpg
20181216_161427 (resized).jpg
IMG_20181216_155155 (resized).jpg
IMG_2306 (resized).JPG
DI (resized).jpg
689E6EB3-3149-47F5-83C9-B9BC7366A699 (resized).jpeg
FCF45848-613E-4BE7-ACF4-23AB097E7E0E (resized).jpeg
FBE0CCEE-F6EF-400F-9B34-6DA5C809E681 (resized).jpeg
4CF85029-E4B2-4EC5-AC77-A8456922F173 (resized).jpeg
FED37008-F723-4A5B-8F3F-74AE76DEEA3F (resized).jpeg
6F4ECA0E-6C15-4D9C-8869-1D4EDDB9C230 (resized).jpeg
8A339919-E49A-4556-BCED-ABCE828E8825 (resized).jpeg
C8846C58-FDAE-4D83-89E7-9EAADDDA2842 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

20 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6529 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 131.
#1251 1 year ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Of course during my high score game

That's a weird ball trap. Ours has had that happen there a handful of times, too, usually as it dumps off the mini playfield.

#1252 1 year ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone having issue with the ball being ejected to the shooter lane ? Got my Friday most of the time it takes 3 tries to get the ball ejected, I tried to boost power in settings, Did nothing.
Also having ball hang up issues at switch in front of skill shot plunger. If ball goes in slowly it just stops at switch . Talked to Frank at tech, He never heard of the issue. Its happened about a handful of times

I was having the issue with the ball getting hung up on the switch as well. Easy fix. Raised the playfield, two screws, pull the switch out and bent the actuator a bit. Haven't had an issue since.

#1253 1 year ago

So here's where I put the felt for the right ramp hang. I still get a very occasional reject, but has definitely helped. I've used the soft side of adhesive Velcro. Its at the very start of the right ramp flap, under where the clear left ramp meets the wireform. It's at ball height - where the ball rolls along the ball guide, just before the left loop entrance. I had to partially remove the left ramp wireform to access. Hope it helps.

IMG_9413 (resized).JPG
IMG_9415 (resized).JPG
IMG_9416 (resized).JPG

#1254 1 year ago

Finally figured out the problem with the balls coming out endlessly. The 4pin connector about 4 inches from the through boards was loose. It looked connected at first, just gave it a little tug and it clicked. Good news is game plays as it should....Bad News is I went to bed at 1am last night because I couldn't stop playing LOL

#1255 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

So here's where I put the felt for the right ramp hang. I still get a very occasional reject, but has definitely helped. I've used the soft side of adhesive Velcro. Its at the very start of the right ramp flap, under where the clear left ramp meets the wireform. It's at ball height - where the ball rolls along the ball guide, just before the left loop entrance. I had to partially remove the left ramp wireform to access. Hope it helps.

Thanks for posting this as I wasn't sure where you had put it. That is super helpful and I may need to consider something like this if the frequency of the issue continues.

#1256 1 year ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Finally figured out the problem with the balls coming out endlessly. The 4pin connector about 4 inches from the through boards was loose. It looked connected at first, just gave it a little tug and it clicked. Good news is game plays as it should....Bad News is I went to bed at 1am last night because I couldn't stop playing LOL

That's excellent news and glad you got it all going!

#1257 1 year ago

Sitting by the front door today waiting for my LE

When I get it, I want to deal with the magnet mylar issue, so would appreciate any advice on how to fix it up so the mylar doesn't bubble up on me.

Excited!!!!!!!!!!!

#1258 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Sitting by the front door today waiting for my LE
When I get it, I want to deal with the magnet mylar issue, so would appreciate any advice on how to fix it up so the mylar doesn't bubble up on me.
Excited!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats, I just got me DI LE last week and loving it! The first thing I would check is to make sure the Crazy Bob trap door (under the station ball lock) is working properly. I played for a day before I even realized that it was supposed to stay closed until BOB was lit. It was a bit of a pain to finally get it greased and adjusted just right to open up and close properly.

It was stuck open out of the box, so I put some grease on it according to recommendations in this thread by ltg . After that it was closing, but would not catch to stay up. It just kept popping open and closing immediately. Once I finally got that adjusted, it wasn't opening up enough, which made the BOB shot hard to hit because the ball had to have enough force to slam it through the hole. After more adjusting and tweaking of the latch, I finally got it to where when it pops open, it's high enough to have the ball just drop into the crazy bob hole as intended.

I think my biggest problem was that I wasn't sure exactly how it was supposed to work, so I was adjusting blindly and trying to figure it out at the same time.

Here are some pictures that hopefully will help someone else out that is having same issues.

2017-10-31_12-36-09 (resized).png

2017-10-31_12-33-51 (resized).png

2017-10-31_12-49-00 (resized).png

2017-10-31_12-46-08 (resized).png

2017-10-31_12-40-06 (resized).png

#1259 1 year ago

Is it just me or is anyone else itching to get there hands on 1.46 I wonder what the holdup is..

#1260 1 year ago

When released it will be 1.50 now. Soon very soon.

#1261 1 year ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Is it just me or is anyone else itching to get there hands on 1.46 I wonder what the holdup is..

Nope

#1263 1 year ago

Let’s talk monkey wrench multiball. Of about the 50 games I’ve played, I’ve only seen the mode once, and thought it was great. Trying to time the left loop to sneak balls by the diverter was a blast. Can anyone tell me what triggers this mode?

Edited to say left ramp, not left loop.

#1264 1 year ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Let’s talk monkey wrench multiball. Of about the 50 games I’ve played, I’ve only seen the mode once, and thought it was great. Trying to time the left loop to sneak balls by the diverter was a blast. Can anyone tell me what triggers this mode?

Light B-O-B targets to light Quick Multiball on the sign, then hit the left orbit, then hope the one you get (of 3 possible) is the Monkey Wrench multiball.

#1265 1 year ago

Just got my game in today, and having issues with the left wireform. Shot a quick video (pardon the crappy lighting) to show how the ball rolls to the bottom and then pops out rather than dropping down the hole.

Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?

#1266 1 year ago

Turn that flipper power down some and add a few washers under the wireform. It will calm down after playing a bit also. What angle u at?

#1267 1 year ago

Other than that what do u think of it? What code r u running?

#1268 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Turn that flipper power down some and add a few washers under the wireform. It will calm down after playing a bit also. What angle u at?

Feel like the flipper strength any lower wouldn't make ramp shots. I think it's the angle of the wireform. I've tried loosen and moving it slightly, and it has improved, but still does not come down like the right side. I'm at 6.5 degrees.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Other than that what do u think of it? What code r u running?

I'm running the stock code (haven't even looked at what that is yet). It's a bit tough to play with the left ramp always putting the ball in danger, but it definitely looks like it's going to be a great game!

Two more questions for you guys...

1) When the ball rolls down from the theatre, it almost always goes SDTM. Is that how it's supposed to be?

2) I was under the impression that the scoops had metal protector that were only on the perimeter of the hole, and I even ordered Cliffy's to protect the surface, however my game has protectors that seem to cover everything. It was manufactured earlier this month, so maybe this is an updated improvement?

#1269 1 year ago

Got mine yesterday, protectors fitted and on 1.13 software.

Slid it 5 feet on a polished wood floor and the slider came off.

20171031_195454 (resized).jpg

#1270 1 year ago
Quoted from epotech:

Got mine yesterday, protectors fitted and on 1.13 software.
Slid it 5 feet on a polished wood floor and the slider came off.

Lucky that's an easy fix with paint. Mine came with a bad head decal that Im told will be fixed. Love the game.

#1271 1 year ago

Per the JJP google group, code 1.50 should be available today pending final testing! Woo hoo!

#1272 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Per the JJP google group, code 1.50 should be available today pending final testing! Woo hoo!

That's awesome news !!!!

#1273 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

That's great news!
Do have the link to the software updates for JJP? How different/difficult is it compared to a Stern update?
Thanks.

#1274 1 year ago

The main issues with the trap door are caused by the fact that JJP is not using the adjustment tab for some reason. I try to explain it here:

Ron...

Quoted from foobeer:

Congrats, I just got me DI LE last week and loving it! The first thing I would check is to make sure the Crazy Bob trap door (under the station ball lock) is working properly. I played for a day before I even realized that it was supposed to stay closed until BOB was lit. It was a bit of a pain to finally get it greased and adjusted just right to open up and close properly.
It was stuck open out of the box, so I put some grease on it according to recommendations in this thread by ltg . After that it was closing, but would not catch to stay up. It just kept popping open and closing immediately. Once I finally got that adjusted, it wasn't opening up enough, which made the BOB shot hard to hit because the ball had to have enough force to slam it through the hole. After more adjusting and tweaking of the latch, I finally got it to where when it pops open, it's high enough to have the ball just drop into the crazy bob hole as intended.
I think my biggest problem was that I wasn't sure exactly how it was supposed to work, so I was adjusting blindly and trying to figure it out at the same time.
Here are some pictures that hopefully will help someone else out that is having same issues.

#1275 1 year ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

That's great news!
Do have the link to the software updates for JJP? How different/difficult is it compared to a Stern update?
Thanks.

Once the update is available, it will be at the following page. There are two update methods (Full Install and Delta Updates) - instructions for each type can also be found at the link below. I think this update will just be a delta update (but not sure). It is usually very easy I think (put it on a USB drive, plug it in, and choose the update option from the menus).

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/

#1276 1 year ago

Can someone explain the difference between the delta install and the full?

#1277 1 year ago

I don't think this will do it justice (and not sure why the different methods are always needed), but a full install does just that - it completely re-installs everything, while a delta install just installs/updates bits and pieces and not everything. I am sure someone else could possibly explain it better than me .

#1278 1 year ago

I think a full has more to do with major changes to the operating system.

#1279 1 year ago

The two switches on my left ramp (the one by Betty and the one after that, not the one at the entrance) have very loose actuator arms. Is anyone else's like that. Trying to see if it's normal. Usually the arms are firm on switches.

#1280 1 year ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Nevermind....found it

Can someone explain where to find the Director's Cut?? I've looked in the manual, went through settings on the pin...can't seem to find. Thanks!

#1281 1 year ago

That reminds me has anyone received their printed manual yet? I haven't received mine....

#1282 1 year ago

They aren’t printed yet

#1283 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

The two switches on my left ramp (the one by Betty and the one after that, not the one at the entrance) have very loose actuator arms. Is anyone else's like that. Trying to see if it's normal. Usually the arms are firm on switches.

Mine are loose as well, and the middle one has been giving me fits since day one. Not registering ramp shots, very frustrating. I've bent/adjusted the switch wire multiple times with varying results.

#1284 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Feel like the flipper strength any lower wouldn't make ramp shots. I think it's the angle of the wireform. I've tried loosen and moving it slightly, and it has improved, but still does not come down like the right side. I'm at 6.5 degrees.

I'm running the stock code (haven't even looked at what that is yet). It's a bit tough to play with the left ramp always putting the ball in danger, but it definitely looks like it's going to be a great game!
Two more questions for you guys...
1) When the ball rolls down from the theatre, it almost always goes SDTM. Is that how it's supposed to be?
2) I was under the impression that the scoops had metal protector that were only on the perimeter of the hole, and I even ordered Cliffy's to protect the surface, however my game has protectors that seem to cover everything. It was manufactured earlier this month, so maybe this is an updated improvement?

Anyone?

#1285 1 year ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think mine are pretty loose as well. Born date 10/5/17. Haven't had any issues with them though.

#1286 1 year ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

I think mine are pretty loose as well. Born date 10/5/17. Haven't had any issues with them though.

Mine were not consistently registering last night. Went into test mode and they register when I push on them and roll a ball through, but I think during game play when the ball moves fast, it doesn’t register all the time. During whirlwind mode, I kept hitting the ramp with no registered hits. After I went into test mode and pushed on the switches, the next game they were fine. I opened a ticket so will see what jjp says about it.

#1287 1 year ago

From the software team - today is the day!

Version 1.50 is being packaged up at the moment, and we are doing some final sanity tests. Should be available on Wednesday.

Here are the changes since Release 1.13. We will be pushing phone app updates out as well.
--Ted

==============================================================================
== Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==
== Presents ==
== Dialed In ==
== http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/ ==
== Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/JerseyJackPinball ==
== Support Portal: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com ==
== Company Twitter: @JJPinball ==
== Software Department Twitter: @JJPSoftware ==
== Copyright © 2017 Jersey Jack Pinball, Inc. ==

Comments, questions, and/or bug reports? Ask @JJPSoftware, which is monitored
and responded by humans.

Issues with your game?
Please open a ticket: http://support.jerseyjackpinball.com

== Legend ==

+ Addition * Change/bugfix - Note
== Version 1.50 October 31, 2017 ==

=== Game Code

+ Added Test Report message for BT dongle not present
* Updated some choreography for Chaos in Quantum City mode
+ Added design team selfies in attract mode
* Added some new graphics and sound effects
* Fixed Crazy Mode display effects hanging around during wizard modes

=== Core Code

+ Added check for switches stuck closed/open at power up
+ Added check for any opto switch working at power up; multiball devices will
not kick if no opto switch working
+ Added display message at power up if Test Report error detected
* Trough will abandon kicking after a while
+ Added check for all trough switches closed (including jam); trough will not
kick when this condition detected (likely a failure of the trough board);
game will not start during this condition, and a Trough Error message is
displayed
* Multiball devices will abandon kicking with coin door open now; abandoned
devices will kick when door is closed
* Turned on Test Report "dot" Paid Play preset

== Version 1.46T October 20, 2017 ==

=== Game Code

* Fixed a crash in attract mode that occurred after taking a high score picture
* Fixed "player up" display for Reserved Ball setting
* Fixed Under Attack MB incoming call after Chaos MB, Armageddon, and Showdown
* Fixed newscaster sometimes talking over himself
* Fixed old photos of a player carrying over to next game
* Fixed Last Game scores not showing all players in attract mode
* Fixed double scoring of bonus when bonus count is short-circuited
* Fixed score pushed to phone before bonus applied on last ball
* No longer display "Lock/Extra Ball/Special is Lit" at end of ball
* Turned off Daily High Scores for COIN-OP preset

=== Core Code

* Fixed displays sometimes go black when restarting a game

== Version 1.45 October 11, 2017 ==

- KNOWN ISSUE: Crash/reset in attract mode after taking a high score photo.

=== Game Code

+ Added "rough cut" of Chaos in Quantum City mode (available after six
Disaster Modes + 1 multiball)

+ Added support for Collectors Edition topper lamp
+ Added operators manual
- hide quoted text -

* Turned off extra ball score award setting
* Added delay to opening trap door when left loop is made
* Fixed SIM Card carryover setting
* Fixed logic for marking moving target bad when it fails to initialize

== Version 1.40 September 18, 2017 ==

- KNOWN ISSUES:
High Score photo will crash game if face not detected.
High Score photo does not work correctly with multi-player games.
(Photo of wrong player is displayed/saved for players 2-4.)

- IMPORTANT: The smartphone app has been updated to work with this release.
Previous versions of the phone app will not work with this or later
releases of of game software.

=== Game Code

+ Added option to take player photos for High Score
* Improved operation of camera when unplugging/re-plugging
* Major re-work of Bluetooth connectivity code
* Fixed Left Orbit/Trap Door scoring interaction
+ Added some display, lamp, and sound/music effects
* Balanced and/or re-worked scoring in lots of areas
+ Added Grouped LED Test
* Showdown can now be played more than once in the same game
+ Added a Phone "overcharge" rule
* Changed some display effects to disallow short-circuiting via flippers
+ Added Enter Initials for Armageddon, High Voltage, Monkey Wrench, Drones Gone
Wild, and Combo champs
* Fixed Combo shot logic
* Moved Light Extra Ball to 35th Combo
* Implemented competition mode for some normally random things
+ Added adjustment to always show mode timers on main display (defaults to
MB only)

=== Core Code

* Fixed a drain/tilt condition that could cause a game to hang
* Suppress knocker when Match is skipped via start button (on free play only)

#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

Just got my game in today, and having issues with the left wireform. Shot a quick video (pardon the crappy lighting) to show how the ball rolls to the bottom and then pops out rather than dropping down the hole.
» YouTube video

Take a strong small magnet (I get mine from my old Sonicare Toothbrush heads before I throw them away) and place it on the underside of the hole at the end of the wireform. Put it on the front edge - the side toward the head of the machine. This will decelerate the ball enough to keep it from jumping out.

#1289 1 year ago
Quoted from movingpictures:

From the software team - today is the day!

Hopefully

#1290 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

» YouTube video

I solved this by putting two Mezelmods slinshot protectors under the top screw on the left slingshot. It elevated the ramp enough that it slowed down and doesn't bounce out anymore. I also lowered the power of my right flipper by a few increments.

https://mezelmods.com/products/slingshot?variant=938045689

#1291 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Can someone explain where to find the Director's Cut?? I've looked in the manual, went through settings on the pin...can't seem to find. Thanks!

Ditto on this would also like to know

#1292 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I solved this by putting two Mezelmods slinshot protectors under the top screw on the left slingshot. It elevated the ramp enough that it slowed down and doesn't bounce out anymore. I also lowered the power of my right flipper by a few increments.
https://mezelmods.com/products/slingshot?variant=938045689

Cool, I'll try that out.

Does anyone know if JJP started putting Cliffy stype protectors in their recent builds? Mine has a full protector, not just the perimeter one they were putting in previously.

And, when my ball drops out of the theater, or doesn't fully make it through, it drops right down the middle. Does this seem right?

Aside from that, the game is fantastic! Definitely n my top 3, and likely higher as I get deeper into it.

#1293 1 year ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Quoted from romulusx:

Ditto on this would also like to know

Here is how to get into the Settings menu to install the "Director's Cut". I hope this helps!

dialed_in_directorscut2 (resized).png

#1294 1 year ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I think this update will just be a delta update

It's a full install.

Deltas are usually smaller and don't require as much. Full installs redo things in the operating system that the deltas can't do.

Instructions for both are on the jerseyjackpinball.com website under Support.

LTG : )

#1297 1 year ago

Delta is a replacement of the game binary only. Full is a bootable image that does an install of additional upgrades at the OS level.

#1298 1 year ago
Quoted from Damien:

And, when my ball drops out of the theater, or doesn't fully make it through, it drops right down the middle.

It should hit the tip of the left flipper if your game is levelled correctly. It's critical that DI be level and set at 6.5 degrees to play as designed.

#1299 1 year ago

I just did a backup of settings, Will I be able to use it after upgrading from 1.13 to 1.50?

#1300 1 year ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

I just did a backup of settings, Will I be able to use it after upgrading from 1.13 to 1.50?

Yes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 21.00
8,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 8,000.00
$ 9,000.00
There are 6529 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 131.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside