IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 273.
#1201 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Might just be a broken wire, though. I'd visually inspect and wiggle connectors for that while in switch mode to see if it toggles.

This. Check them all the way to the board in the head. Look for loose wire, wire sticking out of a connector a little. etc.

LTG : )

#1202 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

Ok. How do we fix that?

Just trying to go back to basics just in case it's something simple. Try clearing out all of the balls out of the machine and make sure you have the correct amount. Once the balls are all out power down and back on the machine. Then check to see if you are getting the ball jam error. If not then load then back in and hopefully that will get you going. If it's still on when all balls are out then try DCFAN solder suggestion.

Let us know how it goes.

#1203 6 years ago

I literally got the game last night. Shooter lane swtich is good (up), BAll 6 jam is hoswing green in the meny. Everything else seems ok (no red in the switch menu).

Just been through this exact scenario - trough optos 5 & 6 were flaky. Game was endlessly shooting balls into the trough. Spent hours trying to troubleshoot including re-flowing solder, replacing plugs, testing switches etc etc. Game was out of action for a couple of weeks. In the end one of the opto boards was broken and getting a new set did the trick. Jjp supplied replacements, no problem, but I've got a feeling there's a bad batch as there's at least one more locally with exact same problem.

#1204 6 years ago

Are the jjp trough boards similar to wpc ones?

#1205 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Are the jjp trough boards similar to wpc ones?

Similar, but not interchangeable

#1206 6 years ago

Ok. How do we fix that?

Did you end up getting it fixed for the party?

#1207 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Did you end up getting it fixed for the party?

Nope.

#1208 6 years ago

Sorry to hear that. It must have been torture. Were you able to determine the issue?

#1209 6 years ago

I was playing and heard what sounded like a spring, upon further inspection, looks like the metal flap on my trap door snapped clean off.

trap door (resized).jpgtrap door (resized).jpg

#1210 6 years ago

Got my Dialed In last week and love it.

Love the flow and modes.

Question

Where should the magnet throw the ball? To the flipper or to the pops. Mine is on 108 and it goes to the flipper.

#1211 6 years ago

Magnet should fling the ball to the upper flipper.

#1212 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Magnet should fling the ball to the upper flipper.

Doesn't it depend on the mode and scenario?

#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are there scenarios where it is supposed to go to the pops? Sometimes it drops it straight down, but that didn't seem to be part of the question. (In test mode, it should be throwing it to the upper flipper).

#1214 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Sometimes mine throws to pops /skill shot area and sometimes to upper flipper. Then it also just drops it sometimes

#1215 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Sometimes mine throws to pops /skill shot area and sometimes to upper flipper. Then it also just drops it sometimes

So far mine seems to do the same, and seems random so far but it may not be.

#1216 6 years ago

One issue I've been having with mine is a lot of rejects - I'm assuming the protectors are doing it on the phone and SIM card, but I'm also getting a lot of rejects on fast shots to the right ramp. The ball hits something in the transition and bounces back.

Anyone else seeing this happen?

#1217 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

One issue I've been having with mine is a lot of rejects - I'm assuming the protectors are doing it on the phone and SIM card, but I'm also getting a lot of rejects on fast shots to the right ramp. The ball hits something in the transition and bounces back.

I've experience that as well - whipping shots to the right ramp sometimes bounce back out and I've had some absolute rockets actually continue around the orbit! Majority go on the ramp but it's def the incredible speed that causes it to deviate.

#1218 6 years ago

Thanks

How do you connect via Bluetooth. I paired my phone with the game, but the app is stuck on connecting. My guess is I need to do something else.

Still struggling to get 1,000,000.

#1219 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I had rejects to both left and right when I first got it. On the right, I think the cutout from the left loop was causing it. I put some adhesive felt just under the cutout which seems to force the ball away from the cutout. I'll take a photo tonight or tomorrow. Whatever was causing it, the felt (was actually the soft side of adhesive Velcro) seemed to do the trick and I don't get rejects anymore.

#1220 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

I had rejects to both left and right when I first got it. On the right, I think the cutout from the left loop was causing it. I put some adhesive felt just under the cutout which seems to force the ball away from the cutout. I'll take a photo tonight or tomorrow. Whatever was causing it, the felt (was actually the soft side of adhesive Velcro) seemed to do the trick and I don't get rejects anymore.

It is the cutout causing the issue but it happens so rarely I don't worry about it. I play 4 hours on mine Friday night and it only happened twice. It only happens on the screamer right ramp shots.

#1221 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

It is the cutout causing the issue but it happens so rarely I don't worry about it. I play 4 hours on mine Friday night and it only happened twice. It only happens on the screamer right ramp shots.

Any hard shot on the right does it for me. The felt idea is interesting, I'll give it a try.

#1222 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Same scenario for my machine it's not enough to address "yet"

#1223 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That would be great if you could post a pic of what worked for you. Thanks!

#1224 6 years ago

Spoiler alert! Here's a look at Chaos in Quantum City, the new Dialed In mini-wizard mode:

#1225 6 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Spoiler alert! Here's a look at Chaos in Quantum City, the new Dialed In mini-wizard mode:
» YouTube video

How does it compare to showdown or Armageddon? I thought chaos was awesome with one the best lightshows ive ever seen. Ill probably never see the other wizard modes lol.

#1226 6 years ago

Anyone know how to use Bluetooth and the app?

#1227 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

That would be great if you could post a pic of what worked for you. Thanks!

I would like to see this as well.

#1228 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Anyone know how to use Bluetooth and the app?

It used to be simple to just start a game, hold left flipper button in on the game and the phone and they would pair. That doesn't happen now - I think you need to update the app and wait for the new code on the game to drop.

#1229 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

How does it compare to showdown or Armageddon? I thought chaos was awesome with one the best lightshows ive ever seen. Ill probably never see the other wizard modes lol.

I haven't gotten to Showdown yet personally, but they all seem to be really cool but they get progressively better. So Showdown > Armageddon > Chaos

#1230 6 years ago

I haven't gotten to Showdown yet personally, but they all seem to be really cool but they get progressively better. So Showdown > Armageddon > Chaos

I think I'm gonna put my pursuit for a dialed in on hold after seeing this; or at the very least, until I play it again. Showdown, Armageddon, and it appears chaos, are all great modes - I've down showdown once and Armageddon twice. They're very creative, unique, and coded well. But, they're just making the game more and more linear and removing chunks of breadth. So now it would appear, a home owner, will be playing chaos too often making it a little too repetitive and even prolonging their quest to Armageddon.

It would have been great if there were two separate paths to take to achieve one or the other mini wizard modes (chaos & Armageddon); all while having a chance to qualify showdown without even playing either of the mini wizard modes. Use the bob modes or other aspects of the game to qualify chaos forcing the player down those paths if they want to risk qualifying it; Breadth.

The game seems to be getting too centered and weighted down on the phone start scoop; no?

#1231 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I think I'm gonna put my pursuit for a dialed in on hold after seeing this; or at the very least, until I play it again. Showdown, Armageddon, and it appears chaos, are all great modes - I've down showdown once and Armageddon twice. They're very creative, unique, and coded well. But, they're just making the game more and more linear and removing chunks of breadth. So now it would appear, a home owner, will be playing chaos too often making it a little too repetitive and even prolonging their quest to Armageddon.
It would have been great if there were two separate paths to take to achieve one or the other mini wizard modes (chaos & Armageddon); all while having a chance to qualify showdown without even playing either of the mini wizard modes. Use the bob modes or other aspects of the game to qualify chaos forcing the player down those paths if they want to risk qualifying it; Breadth.
The game seems to be getting too centered and weighted down on the phone start scoop; no?

Have over 600 games on mine in the past few months and game is still just as great as it was day 1. Im glad they added the chaos mode bc ill probably never c the other wizard modes. Ive only seen chaos twice in 2 weeks ..guess i have my game set up to difficult lol. What a great game and my favorite by far since being in this hobby. Cant wait to c what else is added in future updates but its dam good now

#1232 6 years ago

Truly a work of art in design, quality, flow, design, shots, light show, and rules. Really hard not to like any and all of these aspects.

#1233 6 years ago

The challenge/hook for me is collecting SIM cards. It's not easy at all, but highly rewarding. And with 11 different modes that appear randomly, the game always feels fresh.

It's nice to have the new Chaos in Quantum City as the way I have my game set up (only one extra ball), it's difficult getting to the other wizard modes (translation, I haven't yet).

#1234 6 years ago
Quoted from NickBuffaloPinball:

The challenge/hook for me is collecting SIM cards. It's not easy at all, but highly rewarding. And with 11 different modes that appear randomly, the game always feels fresh.
It's nice to have the new Chaos in Quantum City as the way I have my game set up (only one extra ball), it's difficult getting to the other wizard modes (translation, I haven't yet).

Has anyone found a similarity with DI to the rules of Lawlor's RBION?

(Sim cards equal Ripleys letters, Disasters equal Continents, Showdown equals Atlantis, etc?)

#1235 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

(Sim cards equal Ripleys letters, Disasters equal Continents, Showdown equals Atlantis, etc?)

I had a guest over the other day and he made that observation when I was showing him the game.

#1236 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I had a decent "Chaos" and played it for about two minutes in the video above. I don't consider that very prolonging. The nature of the mulitballs on this game keep them relatively short with the attacks coming in at the flippers and forcing you to keep the balls in play and not trapped up.

It's a nice addition to the game for those who won't make it to Armageddon/Showdown while not extending things much during the quest, IMO. And it breaks things up a little in the middle of working through all the modes.

#1237 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Owned rbion and got rid of it quickly. Di is much better player and so much more going on. But i guess i cld see some similarities but i also see similarities from many of pats other pins in di. Its a mesh of all of pats hits over the last 30 years.

#1238 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Have over 600 games on mine in the past few months and game is still just as great as it was day 1. Im glad they added the chaos mode bc ill probably never c the other wizard modes. Ive only seen chaos twice in 2 weeks ..guess i have my game set up to difficult lol. What a great game and my favorite by far since being in this hobby. Cant wait to c what else is added in future updates but its dam good now

I feel the same way. I have had mine just a little longer than you and it is the first game I have ever owned that truly had that one more game feel. I almost played it all night friday and completely lost track of time.

#1239 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But, they're just making the game more and more linear and removing chunks of breadth.

I guess I'm just a crappy player because I haven't seen any of the wizard modes yet. However, the game is as linear as you play it - if all you do is go after disasters, then I guess you get the grind. Maybe try stacking multiball and modes, or max out BOB, or get drones, etc. There's a literal TON of stuff to do that isn't grinding modes.

#1240 6 years ago

Anyone having issue with the ball being ejected to the shooter lane ? Got my Friday most of the time it takes 3 tries to get the ball ejected, I tried to boost power in settings, Did nothing.

Also having ball hang up issues at switch in front of skill shot plunger. If ball goes in slowly it just stops at switch . Talked to Frank at tech, He never heard of the issue. Its happened about a handful of times

#1241 6 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Anyone having issue with the ball being ejected to the shooter lane ? Got my Friday most of the time it takes 3 tries to get the ball ejected, I tried to boost power in settings, Did nothing.
Also having ball hang up issues at switch in front of skill shot plunger. If ball goes in slowly it just stops at switch . Talked to Frank at tech, He never heard of the issue. Its happened about a handful of times

Make sure your game is leveled correctly for skill shot. Not sure about trough, but make sure nothing is lodged in there and that everything is tight.

#1242 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I guess I'm just a crappy player because I haven't seen any of the wizard modes yet.

You're not. As I mentioned above, my DI has over 1000 plays on it and only one person has reached either.

(And the new one that's being discussed is on unreleased code).

#1243 6 years ago

I had a decent "Chaos" and played it for about two minutes in the video above. I don't consider that very prolonging. The nature of the mulitballs on this game keep them relatively short with the attacks coming in at the flippers and forcing you to keep the balls in play and not trapped up.
It's a nice addition to the game for those who won't make it to Armageddon/Showdown while not extending things much during the quest, IMO. And it breaks things up a little in the middle of working through all the modes.

I should clarify; I’m ok with an extra multiball - especially with how well coded DI mb’s Are. It’s just the placement of CIQC seems like a bad choice. Everytime you play the game, you’re 6th disaster will always be this multiball. But I’ll still reserve right for full judgement for when I play it; like I’ve said before, the game is phenomenal and on my radar, I’m just a little turned off by the placement of the mode.

#1244 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I should clarify; I’m ok with an extra multiball - especially with how well coded DI mb’s Are. It’s just the placement of CIQC seems like a bad choice. Everytime you play the game, you’re 6th disaster will always be this multiball. But I’ll still reserve right for full judgement for when I play it; like I’ve said before, the game is phenomenal and on my radar, I’m just a little turned off by the placement of the mode.

As someone with several hundred plays who has maybe made it through 6 disasters maximum in all my games, I welcome this halfway point multiball (but I get where you are coming from...I am clearly not as good of a player).

#1245 6 years ago

Anyone know when the new update is coming? It seems like it has been testing for a while now.

#1246 6 years ago

Of course during my high score game

IMG_0629 (resized).JPGIMG_0629 (resized).JPG

#1247 6 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Of course during my high score game

Lol

#1248 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

RBION is a good game, underrated (I think) but it didn't feel finished to me. I've only had DI a few weeks... so far I think it's great! I like mode based games.

#1249 6 years ago

I’ve had my DILE for a few weeks now but only started having this issue tonight. When I hit left ramp ball comes down wire form, hits end of wire form and instead of dropping into hurry up inlane, it jumps out of the wire form and either into the lite drone inland or onto PF and SDTM
Game is level left to right and set at 6.5. Happens about once every 3 Times I hit ramp or more.
Bend wire form some, place washers under nut to raise up wire form some, wait to see if it continues?

#1250 6 years ago

Raising it would help. Mine has settled down quite a bit with 100 or so games on it but others have had success raising it slightly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 22.50
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 25 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/25?hl=tryton1000 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.