IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 273.
#12851 1 year ago

Finding I'm getting a ridiculous amount of side drains in this game. I had it set up great, and now that I moved it, can't find a sweet spot.

What's the angle are most of you on?

#12852 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Finding I'm getting a ridiculous amount of side drains in this game. I had it set up great, and now that I moved it, can't find a sweet spot.
What's the angle are most of you on?

6.9 on my torpedo level

#12853 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Sorry for the obvious question, but just to check, is this only happening during multiball?

No I don’t believe so but I think I first noticed it during multiple ball.

#12854 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

No I don’t believe so but I think I first noticed it during multiple ball.

I asked because when you get attacked during MB, if you don’t stop the attack, the machine makes your flipper machine gun. This is normal. You can tell an attack is coming from the lights on the two criss crossed straight lines down the middle of the playfield. The lights will slowly get closer to the flipper that is being attacked.

#12855 1 year ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I asked because when you get attacked during MB, if you don’t stop the attack, the machine makes your flipper machine gun. This is normal. You can tell an attack is coming from the lights on the two criss crossed straight lines down the middle of the playfield. The lights will slowly get closer to the flipper that is being attacked.

Yea I’m totally aware of that. No I just played the game again and it’s definitely like a button/flipper register issue. Holding the left flipper button, I got a quick drop on the flipper for example and also got a quick flip another time just now so it’s definitely acting super wonky.

#12856 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Yea I’m totally aware of that. No I just played the game again and it’s definitely like a button/flipper register issue. Holding the left flipper button, I got a quick drop on the flipper for example and also got a quick flip another time just now so it’s definitely acting super wonky.

sounds like the second wire in the coil for holding the flipper up is broken. check if one of the wires on the coil is broken. I had the same and it looked connected, but the contact was loose and so it did not really have contact.

#12857 1 year ago
Quoted from DropGems:

It's not the coil. It's jjps crappy flipper leaf switches. Make sure the contacts line up. Twist them and adjust as needed. If they are dirty, file the contacts clean. Mine did the same thing.

#12858 1 year ago

Okay thx guys. Sounds like a common easy fix. I was worried because I live in a small city apartment with no space, workbench or anything more than basic tools. So when something goes wrong I friggin’ panic lol.

#12859 1 year ago

Please don’t file contacts, you will destroy them!
With a piece of paper pull it through.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's not the coil. It's jjps crappy flipper leaf switches. Make sure the contacts line up. Twist them and adjust as needed. If they are dirty, file the contacts clean. Mine did the same thing.

#12860 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Please don’t file contacts, you will destroy them!
With a piece of paper pull it through.

I've filed contacts for ages with nothing but improved flipper response. Same with all other leaf switches.

#12861 1 year ago

Gents,

Just added DI to the lineup. It's on v1.6 code, I haven't updated code on JJP in a bit because my Wonka and POTC were able to do it via wifi. Is DI wifi enabled for code updates? I'm not seeing the wifi option in the menu so assuming that it wasn't enabled in 1.6 code yet.

Also, I'm not the most tech savvy, when downloading new code and putting onto a usb drive, like Stern updates, you just download>copy paste two files onto the thumb drive> and plug into usb port. Is JJP the same or do I have to use etcher or something similar that will completely scramble my eggs because the screen shot instructions from JJP never seem to match up with what I am seeing in the real world?

Thanks in advance for your insights.

#12862 1 year ago

Oh, one more, once i do the delta 1.6 to 1.73, will I then be able to go to 1.75 via wifi? looks like there is a 1.75 full download but only delta 1.6 to 1.73

#12863 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamwin:

Oh, one more, once i do the delta 1.6 to 1.73, will I then be able to go to 1.75 via wifi? looks like there is a 1.75 full download but only delta 1.6 to 1.73

1.75 is a full install release only. You cannot incrementally upgrade to it.
See the release notes below.

The first entry under "Core Code" should interest you.

NOTE: This is a FULL INSTALL release

=== Game Code
+ added achievements with Scorbit
+ added score tracking and mode display info with Scorbit
* tweaked ball save time for Quantum City Multiball
* tweaked Big Bang points in competition mode
- the Dialed In! mobile app is not supported from this version forward
* various bug fixes and improvements

=== Core Code
+ Added WiFi and hard-wired networking. This allows for future online update
support. You'll need to install a WiFi dongle or hardwire the game to your
network for this feature to work
+ added the option to opt-in to Beta Network Updates
+ Added Player Menu, accessing it by holding the right flipper button in
Attract Mode. This allows for connecting of Bluetooth headphones. You'll
need to install a Bluetooth dongle for this feature to work
+ added a shaker motor test
+ added shaker motor option to Matrixed Switches Test to help find flaky
switches without having to pound on the playfield
+ enhanced Camera Diagnostic screen with basic camera adjustments. added test
picture capability

Where to get the code? https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/DialedIn-v01.75.iso
How to install the code? https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full
Where is the changelog? https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/di_changelog.txt

More questions? Submit a ticket at http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/ and we'll take care of it ASAP.

#12864 1 year ago

Thx man!

Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

1.75 is a full install release only. You cannot incrementally upgrade to it.
See the release notes below.
The first entry under "Core Code" should interest you.
NOTE: This is a FULL INSTALL release
=== Game Code
+ added achievements with Scorbit
+ added score tracking and mode display info with Scorbit
* tweaked ball save time for Quantum City Multiball
* tweaked Big Bang points in competition mode
- the Dialed In! mobile app is not supported from this version forward
=== Core Code
+ Added WiFi and hard-wired networking. This allows for future online update
support. You'll need to install a WiFi dongle or hardwire the game to your
network for this feature to work
+ added the option to opt-in to Beta Network Updates
+ Added Player Menu, accessing it by holding the right flipper button in
Attract Mode. This allows for connecting of Bluetooth headphones. You'll
need to install a Bluetooth dongle for this feature to work
+ added a shaker motor test
+ added shaker motor option to Matrixed Switches Test to help find flaky
switches without having to pound on the playfield
+ enhanced Camera Diagnostic screen with basic camera adjustments. added test
picture capability
Where to get the code? https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/DialedIn-v01.75.iso
How to install the code? https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/general/install-full
Where is the changelog? https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/di_changelog.txt
More questions? Submit a ticket at http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Support-Form/ and we'll take care of it ASAP.

#12865 1 year ago

Just for clarity, I believe you can do a full install up from any version currently on the game, no need to do incrementals first. Can someone confirm this?

#12866 1 year ago
Quoted from johninc:

Just for clarity, I believe you can do a full install up from any version currently on the game, no need to do incrementals first. Can someone confirm this?

Yes delta installs must have the previous full install already on the game.

Full installs can be done at any time.

#12867 1 year ago

I keep telling people in the hobby that this game is likely the most unrecognized and underappreciated game.

I've owned a lot of top games, and Dialed In is right up there with them. I think it stands out more due to all the cool features.

Sure, I wish there was an epic finale to the main wizard, and I wish the rules were polished a bit more, but at the end of the day, the game is solid.

Strange how turds like Ghostbusters has shot up in price, but DI is still basically what it cost new.

#12868 1 year ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I keep telling people in the hobby that this game is likely the most unrecognized and underappreciated game.
I've owned a lot of top games, and Dialed In is right up there with them. I think it stands out more due to all the cool features.
Sure, I wish there was an epic finale to the main wizard, and I wish the rules were polished a bit more, but at the end of the day, the game is solid.
Strange how turds like Ghostbusters has shot up in price, but DI is still basically what it cost new.

I keep telling people that Dialed In is my favorite game, and nothing else even comes close. Whenever I decide to get out of the hobby, DI will be the only one that stays.

#12869 1 year ago

Love me some dialed in and ghostbusters premium

#12870 1 year ago

Trying to get to the theater magnet to cut the Mylar. Is this correct? Just double checking….

883FB0C8-B680-43D8-9E4C-16236934D167 (resized).jpeg883FB0C8-B680-43D8-9E4C-16236934D167 (resized).jpeg
#12872 1 year ago

Hi guys,

The little plastic at the end of my bob gate just broke, it seems it doesnot prevent the ball to go arround but slow it down a bit.
I wonder if some of you guys had the same issue and if you found a way to fix it.

Thanks

#12873 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Hi guys,
The little plastic at the end of my bob gate just broke, it seems it doesnot prevent the ball to go arround but slow it down a bit.
I wonder if some of you guys had the same issue and if you found a way to fix it.
Thanks

Please post a picture of the part and I'll see what I can do.

#12874 1 year ago

I have a problem with the quantum/theatre shot. When magnet activates and then releases, the ball goes straight down the middle .
Is that like it's designed or can I adjust it a bit?

#12875 1 year ago

Update your code. It will stop that happening with the latest. If that’s up to date you need to adjust the magnet setting. There are many good posts on how to do that.

#12876 1 year ago

Yes i'm on newest code...but I can't find the 'adjust magnet setting' in other posts....

Quoted from TOLLS:

Update your code. It will stop that happening with the latest. If that’s up to date you need to adjust the magnet setting. There are many good posts on how to do that.

#12877 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Yes i'm on newest code...but I can't find the 'adjust magnet setting' in other posts....

It’s in the magnet test menu under device tests. You can set the number for the delay to time the on off on delay for the fling around back.

#12878 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

I have a problem with the quantum/theatre shot. When magnet activates and then releases, the ball goes straight down the middle .

Keep in mind the magnet doesn't -always- throw the ball. It depends on what reason the ball was caught to begin with.

#12879 1 year ago
Quoted from arcyallen:

Keep in mind the magnet doesn't -always- throw the ball. It depends on what reason the ball was caught to begin with.

This is very true

#12880 1 year ago

Hmmm....setup was -80 (I guess default)....did -70 but then all magnet tricks are gone or too late....now on -75 and straight down the middle .....

#12881 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

Hmmm....setup was -80 (I guess default)....did -70 but then all magnet tricks are gone or too late....now on -75 and straight down the middle .....

Mine does well at -100

#12882 1 year ago
Quoted from JvdS:

You can adjust the left rear leg so the ball hits the end of the right flipper. Easy fix and no adjustment to magnet strength needed.

#12883 1 year ago

Relatively new to the club. I’m a calm player, not much for shaking or jostling the machine during game play. While playing, for what seems to be no apparent reason I get a tilt warning. Then later in the game, again for what appears to be no apparent reason the game Tilts. Anyone have a similar experience? Suggestions?

Also, recently when booting up the machine I get a run test message, listing all three dedicated flipper switches as stuck open. The flippers appear to work fine. Any idea what this means or how to clear this issue?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12884 1 year ago
Quoted from Whynot:

Any idea what this means or how to clear this issue?

Check all three end of stroke switches. Likely one has a broken wire killing all three of them.

Let jjp know to get LTG : ) back.

#12885 1 year ago

You probably need to lower the weight on the plumb bob inside the cabinet. There should be a wing nut underneath the weight: Just turn the wing nut so that it drops down near the bottom of the threaded rod.

#12886 1 year ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

You probably need to lower the weight on the plumb bob inside the cabinet. There should be a wing nut underneath the weight: Just turn the wing nut so that it drops down near the bottom of the threaded rod.

Be sure it is centered. And nothing leaning against it.

#12887 1 year ago
Quoted from Whynot:

Relatively new to the club. I’m a calm player, not much for shaking or jostling the machine during game play. While playing, for what seems to be no apparent reason I get a tilt warning. Then later in the game, again for what appears to be no apparent reason the game Tilts. Anyone have a similar experience? Suggestions?
Also, recently when booting up the machine I get a run test message, listing all three dedicated flipper switches as stuck open. The flippers appear to work fine. Any idea what this means or how to clear this issue?
[quoted image]

Post pictures of your plumb bob tilt inside the coin door
Post pictures of all the EOS switches on your flippers both with the flipper in resting position, and while holding the flipper at its fullest up position.

#12888 1 year ago

Do any of these pics help?

0F3E7221-1FE9-4088-B84B-54940052D682 (resized).jpeg0F3E7221-1FE9-4088-B84B-54940052D682 (resized).jpeg1D3D1A29-AE34-4BC2-BB50-85187FEABF40 (resized).jpeg1D3D1A29-AE34-4BC2-BB50-85187FEABF40 (resized).jpeg5819F199-E429-467E-9C5C-0419FD15635A (resized).jpeg5819F199-E429-467E-9C5C-0419FD15635A (resized).jpeg67FFB0E3-8382-4A86-B2D1-B47B590CCDC2 (resized).jpeg67FFB0E3-8382-4A86-B2D1-B47B590CCDC2 (resized).jpeg7C83D197-ED44-4036-8D30-46BAA9234DAE (resized).jpeg7C83D197-ED44-4036-8D30-46BAA9234DAE (resized).jpeg8824E6C7-D06A-4517-B1FC-8A83938FE215 (resized).jpeg8824E6C7-D06A-4517-B1FC-8A83938FE215 (resized).jpegD47E41D7-66BC-49E4-8084-94C47241DEE0 (resized).jpegD47E41D7-66BC-49E4-8084-94C47241DEE0 (resized).jpegEC9B7E03-FEBE-4F20-9EF1-78ACD3BCD33A (resized).jpegEC9B7E03-FEBE-4F20-9EF1-78ACD3BCD33A (resized).jpeg
#12889 1 year ago

Yes, they sure do.

Next, put the machine into dedicated switch test and push each flipper by hand to see if the switches are detected.
If they, then try it again with the flipper buttons.
If the switches are not detected at all, we've got a broken wire somewhere.
I'd inspect J601 connector next, specifically pin 1.

#12890 1 year ago
Quoted from Whynot:

Are these touching ? If so separate them. Then try them in dedicate switch test.

If you can't find a broken wire at the EOS points. Then go to Tests - Switches Dedicated - move the flipper bat back and forth. If none of them register, then look at page C-135 in the manual. Those three switches have a common black wire going to J601 ( pin 1 ) on the I/O board. Give it a look see if it came unplugged.

If not then you'll need to dig deeper and find the break from J601 pin 1 to the EOS switches.

LTG : )
Disclaimer : Call jjp and tell them you want LTG : ) back.

ebc87ce143ea84f6df95902ecb5b037fb3cc190a (resized).jpgebc87ce143ea84f6df95902ecb5b037fb3cc190a (resized).jpg
#12891 1 year ago
Quoted from Whynot:

This one appears to be the only one with two wires to one lug - be sure they are soldered together and making a good connection with each other.

You didn't see a black wire hanging by itself anywhere near these ?

6412bfcef2d81975bd87550b5fbbc09ef4148a5c (resized).jpg6412bfcef2d81975bd87550b5fbbc09ef4148a5c (resized).jpg
#12892 1 year ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

Next, put the machine into dedicated switch test and push each flipper by hand to see if the switches are detected.
If they, then try it again with the flipper buttons.

Thank you both for your quick responses. Connections are good at all the solder points. Nothing is touching where it shouldn’t be. Nothing registers on the dedicated switch test when I move them by hand. Nothing on the left flipper EOS, right flipper EOS or upper flipper EOS registers when using the flipper buttons. Flipper buttons switch register but not the flippers.

I reseated the J601 on both ends.

Quoted from LTG:

If not then you'll need to dig deeper and find the break from J601 pin 1 to the EOS switches.

Unfortunately nothing changes. You mention looking for a break from J601 to EOS. Stupid question I’m sure, but what might that look like? What am I searching for?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12893 1 year ago
Quoted from Pizzaman13:

Thank you both for your quick responses. Connections are good at all the solder points. Nothing is touching where it shouldn’t be. Nothing registers on the dedicated switch test when I move them by hand. Nothing on the left flipper EOS, right flipper EOS or upper flipper EOS registers when using the flipper buttons. Flipper buttons switch register but not the flippers.
I reseated the J601 on both ends.

Unfortunately nothing changes. You mention looking for a break from J601 to EOS. Stupid question I’m sure, but what might that look like? What am I searching for?
[quoted image]

Find this connector on the I/O board in the backbox behind the monitor - it is probably cocked or pulled off or whatever. It is in a group of 4 on the bottom right edge as mounted

Screenshot 2022-05-27 182227 (resized).pngScreenshot 2022-05-27 182227 (resized).png
#12894 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Find this connector on the I/O board in the backbox behind the monitor - it is probably cocked or pulled off or whatever. It is in a group of 4 on the bottom right edge as mounted

I can’t thank you guys enough. The connector on the I/O board was loose. Reseated and all is good to go. What an amazing community!

And don’t worry LTG, I’ll let JJP know how we feel about you.

1 week later
#12896 1 year ago

Hi guys,

Got a question, on my left ramp, it seems sometime the ball got a reject from the top switch (located next the the wrench women divertor).
Does any of you have a similar issue? Do you know how to solve it?
It happens every 5 6 shot, the ball hit the switch and usually bounce out and the ramp is not counted.

Thanks

#12897 1 year ago

Here are two picture

90437B39-2C59-401A-803E-E25E37CA9ECA (resized).jpeg90437B39-2C59-401A-803E-E25E37CA9ECA (resized).jpeg98E7D335-8ACC-4C33-A9CF-4EC89E2A5F7F (resized).jpeg98E7D335-8ACC-4C33-A9CF-4EC89E2A5F7F (resized).jpeg
#12898 1 year ago
Quoted from skwal:

Do you know how to solve it?

See picture. Balls rolls along the rail, see green line. The ball sticks a little past the green line to the rear.

The red arrow - gently bend the switch arm at that spot so the angle bend in the switch doesn't stick so far across the rails. See the yellow line, more like that.

b0ab72ca4e63e34984c45dddcb31386889f626eb (resized).jpgb0ab72ca4e63e34984c45dddcb31386889f626eb (resized).jpg

#12899 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

See picture. Balls rolls along the rail, see green line. The ball sticks a little past the green line to the rear.
The red arrow - gently bend the switch arm at that spot so the angle bend in the switch doesn't stick so far across the rails. See the yellow line, more like that.
[quoted image]

Ok i found the issue, the white rubber on the mini playfield was just a tiny bit too close from the ramp and sometime the ball would touch it.
I hope this can help if someone has the same issue
PS: Love dialed in

#12900 1 year ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

I have a Hobbit and DialedIn...feedback like this is so precious to the community. It’s remarkable really.

I see that there are ‘new’ JJP people watching these threads.... but so far none are as valuable, selfless, and helpful as you LTG.

Might have to make it to your 50th year party just to meet you and continue to be inspired on how I can act here, and in my personal life. Oh and I like pump cheese, so that’s a plus...

Thanks LTG

Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 258 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/258 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.