IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 273.
#12651 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok, so I own both DI and GZ.....you really need to keep both. Godzilla is also fantastic. Maybe...lose GOTG instead? (like you I also have JP prem and LOTR and wouldn't lose those either)...

Thanks for the input. GOTG is already going when it's time for weird al and heist to be delivered. C'est la vie

#12652 2 years ago

The original name was "Killer App," a far better name. It was better themed with the disasters and had better art. The likely reason it was changed is because Jack wanted only family-friendly themes back then and had it changed to mom-jeans. The theme could have been way better. It's the truth. I don't mind it at all, but I see why others do. That and the code and you're where we're at. A game that isn't selling like every other JJP.

#12653 2 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

...If I download the full update V1.75 a place it in a USB stick will I be able to update? No wonder JJP has gone with WiFi updates. The way they describe updating from a USB stick in an older game is a nightmare.

No. You need to use that tool as it places the data on the USB drive in a special way.

You can tell your Mac to open it, it's under security and privacy. Your call whether you want to enable that or not.

And yes, the original code update process (with full and deltas, requiring this tool, not working with some USB drives, etc.) presents challenges for many users.

#12654 2 years ago

In my opinion the name Dialed In is great - I like it. Short and catchy.
I also like the theme, it’s simply a desaster theme. A game in the same sense as all other Lawlor games. I only think people stumble against the phone. No idea why. If they used the word display or similar instead of phone (without the graphical reference to a phone) nobody would have criticized the theme at all. But it’s ok for me, I see this as a mission select only anyway. As already mentioned I think it’s more difficult to promote as it’s not a licensed theme which are certainly easier to sell as people know what they get. I on the other had prefer independent themes.

#12655 2 years ago

Still working on updating to V1.75. I'm on V1.73. Does JJP publishes a document that describes what are the changes in a code update like Stern does?

#12656 2 years ago

What is a "good" score in Dialed In? Trying to gauge my progress -- if any...

#12657 2 years ago

Still working on updating to V1.75. I'm on V1.73. Does JJP publishes a document that describes what are the changes in a code update like Stern does?

There is a change log on the downloads page.

#12658 2 years ago

I don't know if I'm on the good side, I'm very happy when I pass 1 million, my top score is 1,8 million.
A sidenote : Despite going at it for more than 20 years, I desperately suck at pinball, so take my good score with a grain of salt.

#12659 2 years ago

Depends on settings, specifically if you have SIM card carryover or not makes a huge difference.

#12660 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Depends on settings, specifically if you have SIM card carryover or not makes a huge difference.

Whom would ever do such a thing!

#12661 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Lazy ass losers who only feel good if the number is high

#12662 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Much more enjoyable game with the roll over. My opinion, as well as others, I normally don’t make settings easier but it was warranted to me. Especially with the rejects you get out of the shot with the “cliffy”.

To each their own though.

#12663 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

Lazy ass losers who only feel good if the number is high

9E09168A-8B66-4369-B225-2B82411F5879.gif9E09168A-8B66-4369-B225-2B82411F5879.gifCA1D5A46-7D61-479F-BBB5-96139FAB725A.gifCA1D5A46-7D61-479F-BBB5-96139FAB725A.gif
#12664 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Especially with the rejects you get out of the shot with the “cliffy”.

Uff fair point there. It does sort of stop everything and turn into a flailing for the sim card shot....until draining a short time after.

#12665 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

There is a change log on the downloads page.

Thank, that’s exactly what I was looking for

#12666 2 years ago

I don't get all the obsession with theme. Obviously it's a personal opinion, bit for me, theme is nowhere near as important as shots, layout and code.

Theme wise, Star Wars, Mando, TMNT, Zeppelin are all dreams to me, but I'm so turned off on the gameplay that I can't even enjoy the theme.

I owned TMNT for 2 weeks, and couldn't wait to dump it.

Sure, Dialed In is uninspiring and corny AF, but what games comes as stacked as this since maybe TZ.

I've owned a LE, sold it, regretted it, and later bought the Standard I now happily own.

If Ghostbusters are going for $15-20K, this game should be $30K.

Anyhow, my 2 cents.

#12667 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I don't get all the obsession with theme. Obviously it's a personal opinion, bit for me, theme is nowhere near as important as shots, layout and code.
Theme wise, Star Wars, Mando, TMNT, Zeppelin are all dreams to me, but I'm so turned off on the gameplay that I can't even enjoy the theme.
I owned TMNT for 2 weeks, and couldn't wait to dump it.
Sure, Dialed In is uninspiring and corny AF, but what games comes as stacked as this since maybe TZ.
I've owned a LE, sold it, regretted it, and later bought the Standard I now happily own.
If Ghostbusters are going for $15-20K, this game should be $30K.
Anyhow, my 2 cents.

I have always been a dialed in supporter but made the same mistake you did and replaced it just like you did,so happy to have one back.I have read about a few other pinsiders doing the same.be interesting to know how many have sold and bought again.

#12668 2 years ago

New at this game so I'm trying to figure things out. Can anyone tell me what it takes to get the drones activated. I have played a few games by now and I have yet to see the drones active. I check in test and they work fine so I conclude that they may be at a stage that I have not reached yet. Is this correct?
Thanks in advance.

#12669 2 years ago

New at this game so I'm trying to figure things out. Can anyone tell me what it takes to get the drones activated. I have played a few games by now and I have yet to see the drones active. I check in test and they work fine so I conclude that they may be at a stage that I have not reached yet. Is this correct?
Thanks in advance.

Current code barely (if ever?) turn on the motors because the motors were unreliable (and I believe JJP grew tired of sending replacements). It's a shame, I wish it was a software option.

#12670 2 years ago

totally agree... I would love JJP offering an option to turn the drone activity back to the original level. I have modified my drones to protect the motors and would love to see the spinning like in the good old days.

#12671 2 years ago

Back to code update. Is anyone willing to make me an USB stick with the V1.75 upgrade code? I will compensate. PM me if interested.

#12672 2 years ago

Back to code update. Is anyone willing to make me an USB stick with the V1.75 upgrade code? I will compensate. PM me if interested.

Have you tried Rufus? I have only been able to get Rufus to work on several of my JJP's

SmartSelect_20220304-233434_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220304-233434_Chrome (resized).jpg
#12673 2 years ago

I've just noticed another positive effect of removing the cliffy on the phone scoop. The balls no longer go STDM when the phone shoots them back. I've put back the coil setting to its default, the game plays super nice and smooth now

I guess I'm gonna remove the sim card cliffy this weekend.

#12674 2 years ago

I pulled all the cliffys years ago and just layer down some Mylar and and good,I also removed the rubber off of both posts at the sim and it helped a lot,

#12675 2 years ago

Anyone selling or have any leads on the pop bumper building mod? Thx!

#12676 2 years ago

Mezel mods have them listed

#12677 2 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Mezel mods have them listed

Yea out of stock unfortunately

#12678 2 years ago

anyone looking to part with their CE?

#12679 2 years ago

Hi Dial In owners. I just updated to V1.75 and therefore the pin is WiFi capable. I think I read in a past post that in order to get it hooked up to the WiFi I had to buy a Wifi dongle? If this is correct, would somebody point me in the right direction to purchase a WiFi dongle so that I can get my pin in my network. Thank you in advance.

#12680 2 years ago

Hi Dial In owners. I just updated to V1.75 and therefore the pin is WiFi capable. I think I read in a past post that in order to get it hooked up to the WiFi I had to buy a Wifi dongle? If this is correct, would somebody point me in the right direction to purchase a WiFi dongle so that I can get my pin in my network. Thank you in advance.

I use this one without issue:

https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B008IFXQFU?ref_=pe_19115062_429603572_302_E_DDE_dt_1

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12681 2 years ago

Thank you. Just ordered it. This is just plug and play, right?

#12682 2 years ago

Thank you. Just ordered it. This is just plug and play, right?

yes

#12683 2 years ago

Have had my Dialed In SE for about a year. It came with Pinstadiums, though I never would buy them, they came with the pin. Until yesterday it was running software 1.71 and everything, including the PS were working great. Now I’ve upgraded to version 1.75 the PS flash constantly, cycling through colors. Because the PS came with the game, I’m not even sure if there are any adjustments for them. I can’t believe anyone would change the software so drastically to make this game now look like a ‘70s disco. Any thoughts?

#12684 2 years ago

Decided to take my Cliffy protectors off this weekend (been wanting to do this for a while and have just been lazy). Wow...the phone scoop is SO much easier to hit with so many less rejections. I wish I had taken it off long ago. Put some mylar down around the scoop to try and protect it. I also hit the SIM card shot a couple times directly from the upper flipper (which usually doesn't happen). Still hard to hit, and it may be a fluke, but that seems better as well. I will take my chances with some beat up scoops in place of a better playing game.

Thanks for those who posted about this recently...it inspired me to do it to my machine Now I need to research and fix balls hopping off the left wireform at the inlanes (I don't want a big ugly piece of clear plastic over it, so I may try and make something for a wire hanger).

#12685 2 years ago

Two questions: How does one adjust the shaker motor? And is there a level app you would recommend for an iPhone?

#12686 2 years ago

Two questions: How does one adjust the shaker motor? And is there a level app you would recommend for an iPhone?

front legs down, back legs up. that will set your pitch. Level is best determined by rolling balls down the PF and seeing if they go straight down or not and adjusting as needed.

#12687 2 years ago

PinGuy app works great. Just make sure it is in fact calibrated correctly on a perfectly level surface.

#12688 2 years ago

Shaker can be adjusted in settings and a physical adjustment can be made by loosening the set screw on the shaft of the shaker and adjusting the counter weight to desired intensity

#12689 2 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

Have had my Dialed In SE for about a year. It came with Pinstadiums, though I never would buy them, they came with the pin. Until yesterday it was running software 1.71 and everything, including the PS were working great. Now I’ve upgraded to version 1.75 the PS flash constantly, cycling through colors. Because the PS came with the game, I’m not even sure if there are any adjustments for them. I can’t believe anyone would change the software so drastically to make this game now look like a ‘70s disco. Any thoughts?

Need to pair the pinstadiums with your phone and set the color you want. The flashing colors is the default behavior before it is paired. The software update somehow factory reset the pinstadiums.

https://pinstadium.com/app-faqs/

#12690 2 years ago

Poll: If your trapdoor flap has been broken off - do you have a playfield protector or not?

#12691 2 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Poll: If your trapdoor flap has been broken off - do you have a playfield protector or not?

No protector

#12692 2 years ago

Wormhole Pinball in Houston, TX is streaming Dialed In! tonight! Come join the fun on Twitch wormholepinball

7:30pm Central

https://twitch.tv/wormholepinball

#12693 2 years ago

Thank you sir. I received and installed the WiFi dongle and it worked perfectly. Dial In is now fully WiFi.

#12694 2 years ago

I filled in that unsightly black space on the left side of the backboard on my DI SE.

9DDCB8A0-5F89-4820-966C-895688BCE7A1 (resized).jpeg9DDCB8A0-5F89-4820-966C-895688BCE7A1 (resized).jpeg
#12695 2 years ago

For those worried about changing the battery or updating to 1.75 with the dongle it was very easy, I was worried about messing something up (or losing a finger) but all went well and I am up and running. Now time to learn about Scorbit!

#12696 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

For those worried about changing the battery or updating to 1.75 with the dongle it was very easy, I was worried about messing something up (or losing a finger) but all went well and I am up and running. Now time to learn about Scorbit!

I havent yet, mainly because I didnt know what I've changed in settings and didnt want to figure it out.

#12697 2 years ago

Do we have to change batteries??

#12698 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Do we have to change batteries??

Yes you should. If your battery dies out, you will lose all your settings, high scores etc. But also you will need to restart your game by going into the bios and using a keyboard. I dont know the whole process and but others know how to do. I wanted to avoid that. I actually just changed my battery this past weekend. I tried once before and it was a bitch to get out becasue of the location and the small space to work in. I quit trying but knew i needed to as my game is over 5yrs old. The coin cell batteries last a long time but didnt want to take any more chances. My battery was very tight in the holder. There is a tab on the top of the coin cell holder. You have to push that up and pull the battery without dropping (game on) so as to avoid a short. Manipulating a piece of tape on the battery and something to push the tab up will eventually work. I also put a small piece of cloth around the bottom of the coin holder just in case it fell and hopefully not hit any of the circuit board. Anyone who says this is a piece of cake is very lucky to not have battery in so tight, .

#12699 2 years ago

That does not seem easy

#12700 2 years ago

I posted this before and I will repeat it again, changing the battery should NOT be this difficult. My experience was a nightmare. I had to go into the BIOS with a keyboard in order to get it to work after changing a battery. What a complete joke!

Maurizio

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 254 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/254?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.