IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 273.
#12551 2 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

It’s not a bad idea to have a couple of spare switches on hand.

Would you happen to know what switch would work in my case? Would this work?
https://www.pinballlife.com/microswitch-with-diode.html

#12552 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Sent them an email. Can you buy the switch from Marco or pinballlife?

If you look up in the owner manual the type of part/# and try to match it it may be possible to buy elsewhere, but I’ve found the JjP prices to be reasonable and just easier than the research.

#12553 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Having the same issue. I think it's the leveling, because when I first brought the game hone, it played fine.
Moved it, and now it's giving me almost 100% SDTM from the magnet hold and release.
What level are you guys at for this game, and what line on the bubble are you at?

Not sure where in your house your game room is, but I find that in my basement with a concrete floor and just some thin carpet tiles over it, most of my pins go out of whack a bit with pitch, level, or both in the winter. Less so this winter after we had a mini split unit installed, but it's still happening, especially with those pins the furthest away from the heat.

#12554 2 years ago

Has anyone changed their battery with the game on? I gave up after an hour even with help. I searched for any news, it’s been a while that anyone has posted and DI owners wound up doing with the game off. What a terrible place that battery was put.

#12555 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Has anyone changed their battery with the game on? I gave up after an hour even with help. I searched for any news, it’s been a while that anyone has posted and DI owners wound up doing with the game off. What a terrible place that battery was put.

I did. Very tight but doable. How specifically did you get hung up?

#12556 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I did. Very tight but doable. How specifically did you get hung up?

The battery is in so tight. I’ve tried various makeshift “tools” out of wood and plastic to just get a bit on the side or underneath. Can’t budge it. The board that sticks out really prevents you for any wiggle room.
How did you do it?
It would have been smart for JJP to put a “string” under the battery so you could pull it out. I will do that if I ever get it out. Frustrated.

#12557 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

The battery is in so tight. I’ve tried various makeshift “tools” out of wood and plastic to just get a bit on the side or underneath. Can’t budge it. The board that sticks out really prevents you for any wiggle room.
How did you do it?
It would have been smart for JJP to put a “string” under the battery so you could pull it out. I will do that if I ever get it out. Frustrated.

Did you use the masking tape method described in the manual? If not, you really need to. There’s a tab at the bottom of the battery holder. Once you depress it enough, the battery pops right out and will stay on the masking tape. No prying required. It is VERY tight, but if you do it that way, you can get it.

#12558 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Did you use the masking tape method described in the manual? If not, you really need to. There’s a tab at the bottom of the battery holder. Once you depress it enough, the battery pops right out and will stay on the masking tape. No prying required. It is VERY tight, but if you do it that way, you can get it.

Thks for this Nokoro however I do not have a tab at the bottom of the battery but a tab on top. That tab has to be pulled out so the battery could move out. But, that tab has very little flex and no way to pick that out a bit and push/pick/pull the battery out. Yes I did put masking tape per the manual. You would need to get tape that could pull up 250lbs per sq in. The tape is obviously good so that battery doesn’t fall and cause a short.

#12559 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

Thks for this Nokoro however I do not have a tab at the bottom of the battery but a tab on top. That tab has to be pulled out so the battery could move out. But, that tab has very little flex and no way to pick that out a bit and push/pick/pull the battery out. Yes I did put masking tape per the manual. You would need to get tape that could pull up 250lbs per sq in. The tape is obviously good so that battery doesn’t fall and cause a short.

Sorry. Forgot whether the tab was at the top or bottom. The tab doesn’t get pulled. It gets pushed to be flush with the side of the plastic holder. So, I guess up if it’s on that side. It takes a bit of work, but if you push it up enough, the battery does pop out.

If it becomes too difficult, someone somewhere in this thread posted how to do it with the game off. You have to save your settings and be prepared to reset bios and stuff.

#12560 2 years ago

Shit i didnt even know these newer games had batteries to change. When do you change the battery and where is it on dialed in/jjp games?

Do modern sterns need this as well? I really thought spike2 got rid of the need to replace batteries

#12561 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Shit i didnt even know these newer games had batteries to change. When do you change the battery and where is it on dialed in/jjp games?

Check the manual. There’ll be instructions and location info. They recommend every 3 years.

#12562 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Check the manual. There’ll be instructions and location info. They recommend every 3 years.

Ok thanks guess ill do that. New sterns too?

#12563 2 years ago

Hello everyone
Had my DI for 3 years, all worked fine and throughly enjoy the game.
But have recently noticed now and again the phone speach is very low when you qualify a mode.
Any advise as to why this is would be much appreciated.
Thankyou

#12564 2 years ago

I bought a power regulator, an APC line 1200-R it cost around 100$. My pinball is overall much more consistent but the most visible improvement is that my phone scoop doesn't throw the ball STDM anymore.
I'm happy

#12565 2 years ago

Also having an “issue” where the phone screen will turn off for a few seconds when a ball hits the scoop hard or the post to the left of it. I can’t seem to find any loose cables. Does anyone else have this issue?

#12566 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Ok thanks guess ill do that. New sterns too?

I’m not sure. Been a while since I had a Stern.

#12567 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Also having an “issue” where the phone screen will turn off for a few seconds when a ball hits the scoop hard or the post to the left of it. I can’t seem to find any loose cables. Does anyone else have this issue?

On my game a connector (or wires near the connector) to the phone power was touching something that was touching near the pop bumper. So vibrations trickled down into the connector. If I recall correctly it was a 2 pin power connector, vs the others coming out of the phone.

I used velcro cable tie type material to route the cables better. Took care of the problem thankfully. Next step was replacing that connector if it was still flaky.

#12568 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Having this exact issue here!

#12569 2 years ago

Here is a random question....sterns have a "coindoor ball saver" option, where if you open the coindoor during a game (will drain the ball), when you close it, the game will launch a new ball. Basically makes it so you can fix a ball jam, or answer the door, and still keep your place in the game.

I'm looking through the options but not seeing anything...does jersey jack not have an option like that on their games?

#12570 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Here is a random question....sterns have a "coindoor ball saver" option, where if you open the coindoor during a game (will drain the ball), when you close it, the game will launch a new ball. Basically makes it so you can fix a ball jam, or answer the door, and still keep your place in the game.
I'm looking through the options but not seeing anything...does jersey jack not have an option like that on their games?

Anyone at my door will just have to wait till I’m finished playing the ball

#12571 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

In my experience with Dialed In, after opening the coin door and fixing stuck balls you can simply place the ball in the shooter lane and it won't auto-plunge when you close it (unlike my stern games).

#12572 2 years ago

But if you don't want to risk scratches on your glass you have to close the door whilst removing / putting the glass back in.. so the ball gets kicked into play anyway whilst you're putting the glass back.

#12573 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

But if you don't want to risk scratches on your glass you have to close the door whilst removing / putting the glass back in.. so the ball gets kicked into play anyway whilst you're putting the glass back.

Glass flexes. Just bend it a bit as you insert. Problem solved

#12574 2 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Does yours kick the ball back in? On my Stern machines it does but on my JJP it doesn't.

#12575 2 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

Could possibly be a bad video driver board for the phone. Mine just recently went out. I went thru a lot of troubleshooting steps first. Checked all plugs. Only two on the back of the phone. Two under the playfield. After removing the phone and taking it all apart just to check the connections, put it all back together and same thing. Phone would sometimes go black. Talked to Ken at JJP and he suggested the phone video driver board. Says common issue to go bad on this game. Fortunately it was only a $40 part. Unfortunately the first replacement I ordered was faulty. JJP sent out a replacement and now the phone works flawlessly.

So worst case scenario is your out $40 for the new driver board. Contact JJP

#12576 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I believe this happened to me awhile ago, not 100% but it did catch me off guard as when I retrieved the ball it drained as there was no power to the flippers and I thought that Fkn sucks. Then once I slid the glass back and closed the door it spat a ball into the shooter lane. I didn't think that much about it until later as I was having a good game and not sure whether it just gave me my next ball.

#12577 2 years ago

I thought I was about to have that game where I beat DI! Spelled and collected DIALED on ball one, and had 4 balls to go (collected 2 EBs).

Then..... Pinball happened!

#12578 2 years ago

Anyone have issues with the scoop rejecting a decent percentage of hits? Ball rattles in and out a lot

#12579 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Anyone have issues with the scoop rejecting a decent percentage of hits? Ball rattles in and out a lot

I did, and just pulled the protector out altogether, replacing with a bit of Mylar. Infrequent, HUO so I don’t think it will lead to any meaningful wear and tear difference.

#12580 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

I did, and just pulled the protector out altogether, replacing with a bit of Mylar. Infrequent, HUO so I don’t think it will lead to any meaningful wear and tear difference.

I want to do that on mine. Can you point me to the mylar you use ? I'm looking on Amazon but can't figure which one is adhesive and transparent.

#12581 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I want to do that on mine. Can you point me to the mylar you use ? I'm looking on Amazon but can't figure which one is adhesive and transparent.

Just buy a roll from marco. It comes in handy for all sorts of things, even non-pinball.

#12582 2 years ago

Better late to the party than never.

8E82A401-08B4-40E1-A4F0-6D1166280FCB (resized).jpeg8E82A401-08B4-40E1-A4F0-6D1166280FCB (resized).jpegCD4FF1EA-D8DB-4EF3-9E1C-BECE7E7EB8ED (resized).jpegCD4FF1EA-D8DB-4EF3-9E1C-BECE7E7EB8ED (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#12583 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

it's because you missed the shot. It's not the holes fault.

#12584 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

it's because you missed the shot. It's not the holes fault.

hehe, I mean in many cases i hit it straight on it hits the back of the plate and bounces out.

#12585 2 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

hehe, I mean in many cases i hit it straight on it hits the back of the plate and bounces out.

I removed my mantis protector because of gypsy rejects. Helped tremendously as the shot got way more satisfying and far fewer rejects (I’d say they went down 50%).

Bevelled wood edge is nice. No visible wear.

#12586 2 years ago

I need help before I lose my mind. In trying to remove this pole on the right of the phone scoop to remove the cliffy. I took out the nut under but that pole isn't moving an inch, and I swear I checked 10 times that I removed the right nut.
PXL_20220130_015723445.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20220130_015723445.MP (resized).jpg

#12587 2 years ago

Nevermind, I got it out. This was my first time using a hammer under a playfield

#12588 2 years ago

A quick question. I have a DICE with purple legs. On moving it I scratched the legs with the hydraulic lifting trolley, as the legs seem to be closer together width-wise than other pins, so were scratched by the sides of the lifting trolley

Is there a purple paint available anywhere than can patch the scratches?

#12589 2 years ago

The color code would be interesting indeed

#12590 2 years ago

Agreed. I don't know it, but CEs have purple legs.

#12591 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

A quick question. I have a DICE with purple legs. On moving it I scratched the legs with the hydraulic lifting trolley, as the legs seem to be closer together width-wise than other pins, so were scratched by the sides of the lifting trolley
Is there a purple paint available anywhere than can patch the scratches?

FWIW I have confirmed that the same purple armor & legs are used on both GNR CE and DICE. Replacement leg should be available from the factory.

#12592 2 years ago

Anyone in the Washington, DC area looking to sell or trade their DI?

#12593 2 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

FWIW I have confirmed that the same purple armor & legs are used on both GNR CE and DICE. Replacement leg should be available from the factory.

Thanks.

TBH I was just looking for some nail varnishy-type little pot of paint to touch it up. The damage isn't too bad.

#12594 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Thanks.
TBH I was just looking for some nail varnishy-type little pot of paint to touch it up. The damage isn't too bad.

If you figure something out please share. I have the same issue on a couple of my DICE legs.

#12595 2 years ago

Will do.

If no-one is able to help I'll try to find a solution with automotive touch-up gloss paint. Presumably there are apps which will tell you the colour code of paint.

I contacted a UK dealer who said get the legs powder coated. The issue for me is- what can you do for MINOR scratches. I don't want to powder coat these, or buy new ones.

#12596 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballs:

Will do.
If no-one is able to help I'll try to find a solution with automotive touch-up gloss paint. Presumably there are apps which will tell you the colour code of paint.
I contacted a UK dealer who said get the legs powder coated. The issue for me is- what can you do for MINOR scratches. I don't want to powder coat these, or buy new ones.

If it is really minor why not try a purple sharpie or perhaps a piece of mirror tape

https://www.etsy.com/ie/listing/538217018/34-purple-mirror-hula-hoop-tape

or treat all your legs to a sticker with a drone or alien ship on it?

#12597 2 years ago

Today the ramp flap of the Crazy Bob‘s trapdoor broke off. I ordered a new flap.

How can the trapdoor be removed? Only loosen the two nylon stop nuts on the underside of the playfield?

#12598 2 years ago

50 games later with the cliffy off the phone scoop. Probably the best thing I've done on Dialed In, it's still a hard shot to make but the ball doesn't bounce back when it goes in anymore..

I was prepared to put some mylar but there was already some mylar under the cliffy.

#12599 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

50 games later with the cliffy off the phone scoop. Probably the best thing I've done on Dialed In, it's still a hard shot to make but the ball doesn't bounce back when it goes in anymore..
I was prepared to put some mylar but there was already some mylar under the cliffy.

I've read about this.
I've thought about doing it.
I haven't done it yet.

I need to.

#12600 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Totally agreed!

With that and even with easier settings I still can’t spell the whole ‘Dialed In’ but I’ve got Dialed at least, and I feel like the entirety of the game is now explorable.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 252 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/252 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.