20211204_120024 (resized).jpg
20211204_115946 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-163746_Chrome (resized).jpg
superlube-lubricating-oil-for-3d-printers (resized).jpg
1DA081D5-7731-4613-B44C-A0DAE2814E1D (resized).jpeg
20211120_154111 (resized).jpg
image-25-10-21-20-08-1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,581 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 252.
#12451 49 days ago

This is just a personal and stupid rant about the game. I'm a second-time-around owner (had it once and regretted selling) but the one thing that just bugs me is that by default, the SIM cards are lost on a drain.

I get that I can change this, but I prefer not too. And if I play one on location, it's always infuriating to put in all that work just to lose it all on a drain.

I think the game would actually be in my top 10 if the standard rules were to hold the SIM and also if they finally coded in an epic finale to the wizard mode.

I just bear AIQ a couple of days ago, and when you hit that final shot and the flippers die, and the lights slowly go out, you know you've done something awesome.

Come on JJP team, put one last update in on this game and make it one of the best out there. I ok at this game compared to most otherodern games, and I feel like there is so much going on in this one.

Oh, and please make that Quantum MB mean something. I personally the it out most of the time because it's not worth the effort to play it.

Thanks!

#12452 49 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

This is just a personal and stupid rant about the game. I'm a second-time-around owner (had it once and regretted selling) but the one thing that just bugs me is that by default, the SIM cards are lost on a drain.
I get that I can change this, but I prefer not too. And if I play one on location, it's always infuriating to put in all that work just to lose it all on a drain.
I think the game would actually be in my top 10 if the standard rules were to hold the SIM and also if they finally coded in an epic finale to the wizard mode.
I just bear AIQ a couple of days ago, and when you hit that final shot and the flippers die, and the lights slowly go out, you know you've done something awesome.
Come on JJP team, put one last update in on this game and make it one of the best out there. I ok at this game compared to most otherodern games, and I feel like there is so much going on in this one.
Oh, and please make that Quantum MB mean something. I personally the it out most of the time because it's not worth the effort to play it.
Thanks!

Seriousely, change the rules as I said in my last post. The multiballs suddenly mean a lot. Modes are suddenly not everything. It's way, way better. DI is the first game I've come across where the defaults are so off the mark. Just change them.

#12453 49 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

So I said, "fuck it," and decided to try to fix the kickback issue and bring more of the B.O.B. stuff into the game: I did the following:
1. I adjusted the kickback to "2" difficulty, making it easier to light and adjusted the spotted letters to "2"
2. I adjusted the kickback stack to the max "10" so you can stack'em up to your heart's desire (you still run out, trust me)
3. I made each of the theatre modes require only one hit to the theatre to start
4. I turned sim memory "on"
This has made the game feel just like a W/B machine, but still slightly more difficult.
If you're locked into "I must use default rules," I highly recommend you open your mind up as I think JJP dropped the ball on the default settings. Your scores will immediately be highter, but that is all relative.
[quoted image][quoted image]

You know, I first read this and thought "this recommendation is a joke".

In all my years of pins, I've always held to the rule that you keep the games on their defaults.

After thinking about your post for just 30 seconds, you made me realize... WTF have I been thinking.

I was "locked into 'I must use the default rules'" but you've opened my mind!

I'll give your settings a try.

... Altan

#12454 49 days ago
Quoted from altan:

You know, I first read this and thought "this recommendation is a joke".
In all my years of pins, I've always held to the rule that you keep the games on their defaults.
After thinking about your post for just 30 seconds, you made me realize... WTF have I been thinking.
I was "locked into 'I must use the default rules'" but you've opened my mind!
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"2d40942fc45e40830c583c414d2d4b5b94eb86b8-1638663127-1800"};
//]]>

I'll give your settings a try.
... Altan

You will have a whole new love for the game. I did it awhile back and it’s wAy less frustrating

#12455 49 days ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

You will have a whole new love for the game. I did it awhile back and it’s wAy less frustrating

:thumbup:

(I know that doesn't work, but it should)

Maybe we should all lower our flipper power and play 1 ball? Maybe that would be fun!

Of course, that's a joke... just pointing out that while some changes may be awesome, you can certainly also screw up the fun! haha

#12456 49 days ago
Quoted from altan:

:thumbup:
(I know that doesn't work, but it should)
Maybe we should all lower our flipper power and play 1 ball? Maybe that would be fun!
Of course, that's a joke... just pointing out that while some changes may be awesome, you can certainly also screw up the fun! haha

I always play on one ball. Yeah I’m that good

#12457 49 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, I was at my wits end and ready to sell Dialed In because of the B.O.B. code, but I thought I'd give it one last try and play with the rule adjustments. While it doesn't fix the problem completely, it does make the game MUCH better. For the record, all of my other games are adjusted to make the ruleset more difficult.
What I dislike about this game is that I'm mostly thinking about and fearing the left drain while I play it. 90% of my drains are from the left outlane because of the electric guy pushing the ball left, the drone magnet pushing the ball left, rebounds off the the electric guy target pushing the ball left... you get the point. Everything in the game wants to push the ball left. Without being able to hit the lower B.O.B. target, I'm stuck without a kickback pretty early.
So I said, "fuck it," and decided to try to fix the kickback issue and bring more of the B.O.B. stuff into the game: I did the following:
1. I adjusted the kickback to "2" difficulty, making it easier to light and adjusted the spotted letters to "2"
2. I adjusted the kickback stack to the max "10" so you can stack'em up to your heart's desire (you still run out, trust me)
3. I made each of the theatre modes require only one hit to the theatre to start
This has made the game feel just like a W/B machine, but still slightly more difficult. The theatre is now fully part of the game. I'm now working to stack modes and multiballs with theatre multiball, which I still only see about one in every three games instead of almost never. The points are worth the stacking as well. It can be epic. I also usually see a B.O.B. multiball every game, and sometimes *gasp* even two.
I STILL die from that fucking left drain, but only 50% of the time now, and I concentrate on it the exact amount that I should have to.
If you're locked into "I must use default rules," I highly recommend you open your mind up as I think JJP dropped the ball on the default settings. Your scores will immediately be highter, but that is all relative.
Here are my settings for clarity:

Thanks for the write up.
It’s rare that I will convert to “non-factory” rules but there’s times where logic overrides what came from factory. Shadow is a perfect example. There’s a modified rule set that makes the game a TON more fun.
I’m changing the rules to your setting when I get a chance.

#12458 48 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, I was at my wits end and ready to sell Dialed In because of the B.O.B. code, but I thought I'd give it one last try and play with the rule adjustments. While it doesn't fix the problem completely, it does make the game MUCH better. For the record, all of my other games are adjusted to make the ruleset more difficult.
What I dislike about this game is that I'm mostly thinking about and fearing the left drain while I play it. 90% of my drains are from the left outlane because of the electric guy pushing the ball left, the drone magnet pushing the ball left, rebounds off the the electric guy target pushing the ball left... you get the point. Everything in the game wants to push the ball left. Without being able to hit the lower B.O.B. target, I'm stuck without a kickback pretty early.
This has made the game feel just like a W/B machine, but still slightly more difficult. The theatre is now fully part of the game. I'm now working to stack modes and multiballs with theatre multiball, which I still only see about one in every three games instead of almost never. The points are worth the stacking as well. It can be epic. I also usually see a B.O.B. multiball every game, and sometimes *gasp* even two.
I STILL die from that fucking left drain, but only 50% of the time now, and I concentrate on it the exact amount that I should have to.

lets see the audits on the drains. Its incredibly unlikely you were anywhere near 90%

#12459 48 days ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

Thanks!

no sim carryover is the best part it makes the game hard to score high. you have to actually make a shot or lose the benefit. its perfect as designed.

#12460 47 days ago

I did the same,not many games i rebuy after selling it but di is one I had to have again,I changed my setting but I really I love it anyway it is sits

#12461 47 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I probably wont put all these suggestions into place, but certainly sim card. Also I like the kickback idea because I have friends coming over this weekend and I want to increase their ball time. I may end up "forgetting" to change it back, but all good

Thanks for this

#12462 47 days ago

Hello,
on my "dialed in" pinball machine, in attrack mode, I sometimes have a coil that is triggered (impossible to know which one). Has someone already had this problem ?
In game or test, everything works perfectly.
thank you.
seb

#12463 47 days ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
on my "dialed in" pinball machine, in attrack mode, I sometimes have a coil that is triggered (impossible to know which one). Has someone already had this problem ?
thank you.
seb

how do you know a coil is triggered? If there is a coil firing you should see something happen. What is happening that makes you think a coil is triggered?

#12464 47 days ago

sorry for my english, i'm french.
I hear the sound of the coil (it only fires once in a while).
Like, I can't see anything moving, I think maybe it's the knocker or the phone coil

#12465 47 days ago

Yes, you should feel free to tweak your settings to make the game fun for YOU. Imagine that .

My DI has Sim card memory on and the BOB targets set to one less than the factory default (even then I see the Red Multiballs very rarely).

I have been tempted to set the "Drone" requirement for Quantum Theater multiball to 1.

I also choose to not pick a specific mode to go into when cradled and lining up a phone shot. I have done that for some games and you end up playing similar games over and over again (pick this mode if you are near multiball, pick this other mode for single ball play etc.). So you can adjust "your own" settings as you play to make the game more challenging as well.

#12466 46 days ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

lets see the audits on the drains. Its incredibly unlikely you were anywhere near 90%

#12467 46 days ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

sorry for my english, i'm french.
I hear the sound of the coil (it only fires once in a while).
Like, I can't see anything moving, I think maybe it's the knocker or the phone coil

The knocker should be really obvious, you'll hear and feel the cabinet make the noise. If its a playflied coil and you don't see a pop move, sling move etc. its gotta be either the phone scoop or ball trough. There's not a lot of coils under the field that do not cause a visible action above the field.

#12468 46 days ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

no sim carryover is the best part it makes the game hard to score high. you have to actually make a shot or lose the benefit. its perfect as designed.

No one is stating otherwise, but were permitted to change the settings to our liking for a reason, just like were able to change pitch, ball save settings, etc.

#12469 46 days ago

I put my game on the very easy setting and enjoy it. Others wouldn't and that's fine for them.

#12470 46 days ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Leave it is Tests - Switches - Matrixed for awhile. See if anything closes that shouldn't.

Quoted from sebseb12:

I can't see anything moving,

Glass off. Listen or rest your hand on the playfield and try and narrow to an area to investigate.

LTG : )

#12471 46 days ago

In the menu, there is the option "control knoker", what is it for?

#12472 46 days ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

In the menu, there is the option "control knoker", what is it for?

To control the knocker. The sound made for matching, winning a game.

#12473 46 days ago

Well, I've put in a few more hours on my new settings, and it's like a new game. The theatre always has something going on, and I'm working on focusing on bonus by cranking up the theatre modes. This paired with Bob, theatre and main multiballs and modes finally brings out the nuances that I've never seen in this game before. These should have been there from the beginning. What a blast!

#12474 46 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Well, I've put in a few more hours on my new settings, and it's like a new game. The theatre always has something going on, and I'm working on focusing on bonus by cranking up the theatre modes. This paired with Bob, theatre and main multiballs and modes finally brings out the nuances that I've never seen in this game before. These should have been there from the beginning. What a blast!

I changed to the new recommendations and am enjoying it much more!

#12475 45 days ago

Going to try those settings and make things a little easier -- great ideas here!

QQ as someone new to owning a pin: my DILE shooter rod feels friction-y, especially at the more pulled-out end. It is making dialing in on the Skill Shot somewhat difficult due to the inconsistent feel. What would be the steps to take or parts to replace to fix? I don't see any obvious bend in the rod itself.

I saw a shooter rod tubing for WOZ on the JJP site but nothing for DI. (http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/Tubing-Coil-.html)

Thanks!

#12476 45 days ago
Quoted from prentice:

I saw a shooter rod tubing for WOZ on the JJP site but nothing for DI. (http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Wizard-of-Oz-Parts/Tubing-Coil-.html)

Same part.

#12477 41 days ago

Hello everyone. Ill be joining the dialed in club with an LE shortly. Would someone let me know what pitch this game plays best at? And is there anything I should really focus on when looking at the game before buying?

Mostly i look for any chipping pooling especially on JJP games but this one is fine there. Thanks!

#12478 41 days ago

No pooling on my DI LE anywhere. But good to check. Double check the head where it lays on the cabinet. I assume it will have cliffys installed in both holes. I think they come with em, but people get frustrated with the phone scoop and sometimes remove it. I carefully took the mylar off both magnets because over time it can get all jacked up. Better to carefully remove so its clean. The theater magnet is notorious for not working properly but there's a setting you can adjust. Its finicky though. Mine is perfect for a while, then it starts acting up. If it works right, it changes the game play dramatically. Ive heard of people having usdues with the Bob trap door, but I never have. I can honestly say in 8 months or so having it, I haven't had any issues. Almoat forgot, make sure the invisiglass is in it.. Good luck!

20211204_160634 (resized).jpg
#12479 41 days ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
thank you.
seb

I have something similiar on MM - the upkicker on the left (from the castle) fires (often, but not always) during the match sequence - just as the arrow hits the target - kind of a cool effect, but to this day I am not sure if this is intended or not. So sometimes one is not sure if a coil should be firing. On DI I have never heard one fire during the attract mode - and after playing I often just stand in front of the game and watch the pretty colors!

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I have been tempted to set the "Drone" requirement for Quantum Theater multiball to 1.

I did that - actually for all 4 theatre events !

#12480 41 days ago
Quoted from DK:

Shadow is a perfect example. There’s a modified rule set that makes the game a TON more fun.

I was not aware of this and I own a Shadow. What are the alternate rules?

#12481 40 days ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

No pooling on my DI LE anywhere. But good to check. Double check the head where it lays on the cabinet. I assume it will have cliffys installed in both holes. I think they come with em, but people get frustrated with the phone scoop and sometimes remove it. I carefully took the mylar off both magnets because over time it can get all jacked up. Better to carefully remove so its clean. The theater magnet is notorious for not working properly but there's a setting you can adjust. Its finicky though. Mine is perfect for a while, then it starts acting up. If it works right, it changes the game play dramatically. Ive heard of people having usdues with the Bob trap door, but I never have. I can honestly say in 8 months or so having it, I haven't had any issues. Almoat forgot, make sure the invisiglass is in it.. Good luck!
[quoted image]

Good points. And i believe jjp invisiglass actually had invisiglass etched on the bottom too to be sure. What pitch do you play at?

#12483 34 days ago

I stole this pic from another pinsider, but curious where I can buy a replacement ? This snapped off the trapdoor

fcfd6581b85faeaee4149e22d08dd0481c0d29e1 (resized).jpg
#12484 34 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I stole this pic from another pinsider, but curious where I can buy a replacement ? This snapped off the trapdoor

Check with Nate at JJP. Might only have the whole trap door. Or get blue spring steel. Cut to size and make a couple holes. Remove the old piece and rivet on the new one.

Check this thread about raising the ramp above it a little so this doesn't hit it and snap off.

#12485 34 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check this thread about raising the ramp above it a little so this doesn't hit it and snap off.

Post 11469 has a picture.

#12486 34 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Check with Nate at JJP. Might only have the whole trap door. Or get blue spring steel. Cut to size and make a couple holes. Remove the old piece and rivet on the new one.

As always, thank you sir .

#12487 34 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Post 11469 has a picture.

Here is wireform to raise.

dispacer (resized).jpg
#12488 34 days ago

Got my LE yesterday in a trade. Question about the below pic. Is this where most of your wire form is screwed into place? The ball returns so fast the the left inlane and many times falls off, im wondering if its because of this.

Next the theatre magnet. The magnet loves to drop the ball SDTM. Is the only fix to just make sure game is level?

Lastly the left outlane post. Mine is in the hard position and it looks like Id have to take the wireform off to move it, do most have it in that hard position?

20211220_040015232_iOS (resized).jpg
#12489 34 days ago

Theater magnet should fling the ball around the back ala The Shadow a large percentage of the time. Go into device tests - magnet test and mess with the setting. Mine works well at -100

#12490 34 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Theater magnet should fling the ball around the back ala The Shadow a large percentage of the time. Go into device tests - magnet test and mess with the setting. Mine works well at -100

thanks! Ill do that tomorrow. I have the game pretty steep at around 7 which may also impact things

#12491 34 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

What are the implications for not replacing? My game seems to work fine, but just recently noticed this was snapped off and in the coin box. Extra wear on the balls? Damage to trapdoor area?

#12492 34 days ago
Quoted from prentice:

What are the implications for not replacing?

Won't sit flat. Balls bounce across or drop into bottom of cabinet.

#12493 34 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

Got my LE yesterday in a trade. Question about the below pic. Is this where most of your wire form is screwed into place? The ball returns so fast the the left inlane and many times falls off, im wondering if its because of this.
Next the theatre magnet. The magnet loves to drop the ball SDTM. Is the only fix to just make sure game is level?
Lastly the left outlane post. Mine is in the hard position and it looks like Id have to take the wireform off to move it, do most have it in that hard position?[quoted image]

There's a clear plastic to install over the end of the ramp.
Early games didn't have it and you couls request it from jjp. Late run machines had it installed from factory.

#12494 34 days ago

Get the light right. This happens with the cabinet art.

069570EA-F9D7-41A3-B846-268D4818C41C (resized).jpegB2183052-10FB-4E9C-AC8F-0D11790E5CFC (resized).jpeg
#12495 34 days ago
Quoted from prentice:

What are the implications for not replacing? My game seems to work fine, but just recently noticed this was snapped off and in the coin box. Extra wear on the balls? Damage to trapdoor area?

I don’t think you have to repair the flap for the trap door. Some people have issues like LTG said. Others don’t. My flap broke off months ago, and the shot seems smoother without it.

#12496 34 days ago
Quoted from aeneas:

There's a clear plastic to install over the end of the ramp.
Early games didn't have it and you couls request it from jjp. Late run machines had it installed from factory.

plastic flap for the ramp? Or for the ball return to the inlane? Thats where the issue is for me.

#12497 34 days ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

plastic flap for the ramp? Or for the ball return to the inlane? Thats where the issue is for me.

He meant the ball return at the end of the wireform. JJP added a piece of plastic to prevent fast balls from falling off.

#12498 34 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

He meant the ball return at the end of the wireform. JJP added a piece of plastic to prevent fast balls from falling off.

ok figured, ill reach out to them. ty

#12499 33 days ago

The outlane post can be set to the easy position by coming in from the side with needle-nose plyers. Just get it loosened up a bit and unscrew by hand the rest of the way.

#12500 33 days ago

Thx. How about the drones? When i go into switch test they work flawlessly. But during gameplay i hear drone sounds but no real movement. Maybe one of them sputters a bit. Is that a settings issue or hardware?

There are 12,581 posts in this topic. You are on page 250 of 252.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside