IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 273.
#1151 6 years ago
Quoted from schukei:

My Dialed In also with kick out light on will not kick back the ball into play about one half the time. If the ball is not kicked back I always get a ball save. I don't know if I should look at the assembly or if the game does this just to screw with my head and is part of the software

Here is how I fixed mine as the previous owner must have changed it. The one with the Kickback Strength at 6 and Kickback Delay at 55 milliseconds is the BEFORE (has problems just like you) and the AFTER (which fixed it) has the Kickback Strength at 6 still but the Kickback Delay at the recommended factory setting of 40. If yours is not at 40, then I would try that and then adjust accordingly either way. Sounds like this should potentially help. Let me know. Also is a video (46 seconds in) that shows it working like it should after I changed it. I hope this helps!

dikickbacknew (resized).pngdikickbacknew (resized).png

dikickback2new (resized).pngdikickback2new (resized).png

#1152 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

That seems to have done the trick. Big thanks!

So adjusting the magnet strength doesn't seem to make any difference as to when the ball is released it still drops SDTM. I've been watching Dead Flip's Twitch video and it shows the ball dropping off to the side, which mine doesn't do. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated!

#1153 6 years ago

In the club. ...... had to run back to work...so I couldn't play it much...awesome looking game.. power coating seems a little blah not much depth or shine...its just bright.

20171027_121742 (resized).jpg20171027_121742 (resized).jpg

#1154 6 years ago

When mine comes down off the Theater it just touches the tip of the right flipper enough to get a wide angle light shot to the left side of the playfield. It's semi close to draining but 9 out of 10 doesn't. Maybe double check the level of the playfield to make sure? Let me know how that checks out.

#1155 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

When mine comes down off the Theater it just touches the tip of the right flipper enough to get a wide angle light shot to the left side of the playfield. It's semi close to draining but 9 out of 10 doesn't. Maybe double check the level of the playfield to make sure? Let me know how that checks out.

Yea, I think key is having the game perfectly level. Once I got mine leveled it hits tip of flipper now and no drains.

#1156 6 years ago

Are you leveling left/right on the frame, or on the playfield?

#1157 6 years ago
Quoted from Raincity:

Are you leveling left/right on the frame, or on the playfield?

I always to do the playfield

#1158 6 years ago

Yes I think a hair to the right lean will fix it. Which means maybe leaning right to get it level "on the playfield" not glass.

#1159 6 years ago

I have been getting some wicked air balls on my DI. Mainly off the standup's. On top of that, the ball would get trapped behind the upper flipper. Every time I've watched folks play DI, there seems to be no issue. Well today I cut my playfield protector off, novus'd the pf, Now it play like a dream, The color pops, the lighting is brighter, and most importantly no more air balls! It was a $150.00 lesson.

#1160 6 years ago

Just got to chaos in quantum city again and wow ..... the lightshow makes it very hard to see anything (which i love) its almost like a strobe effect with every color. Seems to be a 4 or 5 ball mb with every shot being a jackpot? Still not real sure whats going on lol bc its so crazy. Any other testers get to this mode?

#1161 6 years ago
Quoted from tryton1000:

Well today I cut my playfield protector off,

So is it fair to say the playfield protector is not worth the extra $150?

#1162 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

yeah, it raises the ball just high enough to go airborne with whatever it hits.. don't waste your $

#1163 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

Ball gets stuck behind upper right flipper and on the QED guy path, not to mention tons of air balls. Haven't had any of these issues with machines I've played on location. Sounds like a good idea in theory but in practice it's just frustration. I can see why it doesn't seem to be an option for the new game.

#1164 6 years ago

I'm thinking about replacing rubbers. For those that have done this, do you have the information on what to get? Also - I'm assuming it requires taking off all related plastics?

#1165 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm thinking about replacing rubbers. For those that have done this, do you have the information on what to get? Also - I'm assuming it requires taking off all related plastics?

Go to titanpinball.com. There is a verified “kit” that someone put together on their site. If you don’t like the colors, you can mimic the kit pieces with colors of your choice. The kit is red silicone bands, but I chose clear silicone bands for mine.
I installed the kit last night on my DI and it’s perfect. You do have to disassemble a few things but it’s not too bad, and it will give you some experience for when you have to fix something or replace a broken rubber. Just be sure to take lots of pictures of the fasteners and washers before you disassemble each part to make reassembly a sure thing. And you don’t have to tighten the plastic centered nuts more than snug. They stay tight and you don’t want to harm any plastics by overtightining.

#1166 6 years ago

great much appreciated.

#1167 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Just got to chaos in quantum city again and wow ..... the lightshow makes it very hard to see anything (which i love) its almost like a strobe effect with every color. Seems to be a 4 or 5 ball mb with every shot being a jackpot? Still not real sure whats going on lol bc its so crazy. Any other testers get to this mode?

Have not seen this yet, it would be great if you could capture a video of it. I know it would be hard since it's not common.

#1168 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

Go to titanpinball.com. There is a verified “kit” that someone put together on their site. If you don’t like the colors, you can mimic the kit pieces with colors of your choice. The kit is red silicone bands, but I chose clear silicone bands for mine.
I installed the kit last night on my DI and it’s perfect. You do have to disassemble a few things but it’s not too bad, and it will give you some experience for when you have to fix something or replace a broken rubber. Just be sure to take lots of pictures of the fasteners and washers before you disassemble each part to make reassembly a sure thing. And you don’t have to tighten the plastic centered nuts more than snug. They stay tight and you don’t want to harm any plastics by overtightining.

The clear bands sounds like they would look really good with the playfield. Can you post up some pictures of what it looks like ?

#1169 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

The clear bands sounds like they would look really good with the playfield. Can you post up some pictures of what it looks like ?

Did clear when got mine and love them but I like them on all JJP pins I've had....like how it lets light thru them..

20171028_112708 (resized).jpg20171028_112708 (resized).jpg

20171028_112724 (resized).jpg20171028_112724 (resized).jpg

#1170 6 years ago

Man, I may not be Keith Elwin, but I'm also not completely inept at pinball... That said I just cannot make the SIM shot with a direct hit from the top right flipper. Any shot near the SIM hole tends to get deflected.

My game came with the JJP SIM protector installed which is definitely curled up a bit off the playfield. I have a Cliffy coming in the mail and will swap it out, sure hope it makes the shot more make-able.

#1171 6 years ago

I just installed cliffies, it's makeable with them.

#1172 6 years ago

I need a favour. I'm hosting a halloween party tonight. I got my dialed In last night and want to make sure the pitch is 6.5 degress and that my settings are all optimal. However, My digital leveler is place behind a crap load of stuff that I sealed off for the event. Can someone take a picture of the bubble level on their dialed in so I can wing it. As well wondering what your flipper strentghts are set at. Would be awesome for help. I still have a shit load of things to do and I'm running out of time

#1173 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

I need a favour. I'm hosting a halloween party tonight. I got my dialed In last night and want to make sure the pitch is 6.5 degress and that my settings are all optimal. However, My digital leveler is place behind a crap load of stuff that I sealed off for the event. Can someone take a picture of the bubble level on their dialed in so I can wing it. As well wondering what your flipper strentghts are set at. Would be awesome for help. I still have a shit load of things to do and I'm running out of time

I don't have immediate access to the game but here are my flipper strengths I fine tuned.

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#1174 6 years ago

Can someone take a picture of the bubble level

They aren't highly accurate.

Eye ball it, or put an app on your phone.

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/iphone2/index.html

http://www.pinballnews.com/learn/iphone/index.html

LTG : )

#1175 6 years ago
Quoted from BladeFury:

Did clear when got mine and love them but I like them on all JJP pins I've had....like how it lets light thru them..

Thanks these look really good!

#1176 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I don't have immediate access to the game but here are my flipper strengths I fine tuned.

Wow thats some high numbers ... have my game at 7.0 with factory settings and make every shot very easily.

#1177 6 years ago

There is a much better tool available (at least for the IPhone - not sure if it’s available for Android) for leveling your pin. It’s called PinGuy. It’s made for leveling pins. When you put it on the playfield it speaks so you can get under the pin and level it. It will say something like “Back -3 high, left and right level” and keeps speaking until it’s set right. I believe that it defaults to 6.5 degrees. Once you have leveled the playfield you can then put the glass back on the pin and put the phone on the glass. Then tap “Learn Glass” and it will learn what the glass is like when the pin is level so that the next time you use it for that pin you can just put it on the glass instead of on the playfield. It keeps a database for each of your pins. It’s great! I think that it’s free as well.

CA4290CE-56DE-439C-BAFA-01152C3DBE5D (resized).pngCA4290CE-56DE-439C-BAFA-01152C3DBE5D (resized).png

554124B9-E1C0-48E0-B536-CE96EC376A56 (resized).jpeg554124B9-E1C0-48E0-B536-CE96EC376A56 (resized).jpeg

#1178 6 years ago

Does anyone else hear a buzzing sound not vibrating from the shaker each time the phone rings before multiball? Not sure if this is a bug or bad shaker motor. Thanks.

#1179 6 years ago

I had installed my SIM card cliffy weeks ago but just got around to my phone scoop cliffy today. After I installed it the ball stopped feeding the right flipper out of the scoop. I tore it apart like 3 times and it was still doing it. I bumped up the eject coil strength a few notches and now it works great again. What the heck???

#1180 6 years ago

I got my game Friday. I saw in the goodie bag Mylar for the sling area. Are you guys putting it on? My Woz came with them factory installed.

#1181 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

I had installed my SIM card cliffy weeks ago but just got around to my phone scoop cliffy today. After I installed it the ball stopped feeding the right flipper out of the scoop. I tore it apart like 3 times and it was still doing it. I bumped up the eject coil strength a few notches and now it works great again. What the heck???

It must have been just enough to move it a hair when it came out of the scoop and the tragectory was thrown off. The coil strength increase was enough for it to skim over that area it was hitting. Glad you got it working properly again.

#1182 6 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Does anyone else hear a buzzing sound not vibrating from the shaker each time the phone rings before multiball? Not sure if this is a bug or bad shaker motor. Thanks.

I have this exactly the same. I think it is a lower voltage applied to the shaker to make it so that you can feel the phone ringing as the ringing stops after a few times.

#1183 6 years ago
Quoted from JWE:

Yep, I think that is normal.

I also have a hiss from the speakers if you get close to them. Not sure if that is normal. They also pop twice when booting the system up.

#1184 6 years ago

The double pop is normal sound board startup

#1185 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Yep, I think that is normal.
I also have a hiss from the speakers if you get close to them. Not sure if that is normal. They also pop twice when booting the system up.

Pop is normal. Hit up JJP and they'll send you a filter for the hiss.

#1186 6 years ago
Quoted from ronaldvg:

I have this exactly the same. I think it is a lower voltage applied to the shaker to make it so that you can feel the phone ringing as the ringing stops after a few times.

Thanks for confirming as it Just seemed odd that it didn't vibrate like in the other modes.

#1187 6 years ago
Quoted from crwjumper:

There is a much better tool available (at least for the IPhone - not sure if it’s available for Android) for leveling your pin. It’s called PinGuy. It’s made for leveling pins. When you put it on the playfield it speaks so you can get under the pin and level it. It will say something like “Back -3 high, left and right level” and keeps speaking until it’s set right. I believe that it defaults to 6.5 degrees. Once you have leveled the playfield you can then put the glass back on the pin and put the phone on the glass. Then tap “Learn Glass” and it will learn what the glass is like when the pin is level so that the next time you use it for that pin you can just put it on the glass instead of on the playfield. It keeps a database for each of your pins. It’s great! I think that it’s free as well.

That's a super invention and completely makes sense. It is something that has always been needed and the "Learn Glass" is a smart idea!

#1188 6 years ago

Party is on...dialed in is not... Game won't detect that there are 5 balls in the through. Now it keep sspeewing balls out. I've reset the connectors and nothing. Suggestions would be appreciated. Also note that in the test the switches show green as in ok.

#1189 6 years ago

Also note that in the test the switches show green as in ok.

What does 06 Ball Jam show ?

Shooter lane switch stuck down ?

Any switches stuck closed that should be open ?

#1190 6 years ago

I literally got the game last night. Shooter lane swtich is good (up), BAll 6 jam is hoswing green in the meny. Everything else seems ok (no red in the switch menu).

20171028_210650_HDR (resized).jpg20171028_210650_HDR (resized).jpg

#1191 6 years ago

Party is on...dialed in is not... Game won't detect that there are 5 balls in the through. Now it keep sspeewing balls out. I've reset the connectors and nothing. Suggestions would be appreciated. Also note that in the test the switches show green as in ok.

Had same thing happen little bit ago.... i rebooted and all is good now....

#1193 6 years ago

Too many balls in the machine?

Is it continuously kicking all the balls out, or kicking out two at a time?

#1194 6 years ago

Has to be something easy imo.... ugh im sorry man. It wld n a huge hit at the party imo

#1195 6 years ago

oh man sorry to hear - hopefully you fix it.

#1196 6 years ago

BAll 6 jam is hoswing green in the meny.

There's your problem. 06 shouldn't be green. Game thinks a ball is there and kicks.

06 should be the Inactive Opto color.

#1197 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

There's your problem. 06 shouldn't be green. Game thinks a ball is there and kicks.
06 should be the Inactive Opto color.

Ok. How do we fix that?

#1198 6 years ago

How do we fix that?

Open a ticket at jerseyjackpinball.com under Support.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer, my suspicion is the 06 transmitter or receiver failed.

#1199 6 years ago

Maybe try resoldering the points for that opto pair and the the connectors.

#1200 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Open a ticket at jerseyjackpinball.com under Support.
I'm sorry I don't have a better answer, my suspicion is the 06 transmitter or receiver failed.

Might just be a broken wire, though. I'd visually inspect and wiggle connectors for that while in switch mode to see if it toggles.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/24?hl=vidiotgt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.