20211204_120024 (resized).jpg
20211204_115946 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211122-163746_Chrome (resized).jpg
superlube-lubricating-oil-for-3d-printers (resized).jpg
1DA081D5-7731-4613-B44C-A0DAE2814E1D (resized).jpeg
20211120_154111 (resized).jpg
image-25-10-21-20-08-1 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,568 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 252.
#12401 68 days ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Need a little help. I've played with the magnet settings under the theater to get it to "throw" it up and around after a magnet catch but no luck. It catches fine. Ive removed the mylar as well. It worked fine in the past but now at even the highest setting no luck. Thoughts? I don't play it anymore because the catch and sdtm drains suck. O know u can shut off the magnet catch but I'd rather it work correctly.

Bloody hell didn't know that it was supposed to work that way just thought it dropped back to the flippers, thanks. I've only had my game for 2 months and didn't know any better. Definitely gunna play with the settings to see if I can get to work the way it was designed, either way I still enjoy playing it the way it is.

#12402 66 days ago
Quoted from Knackers:

Bloody hell didn't know that it was supposed to work that way just thought it dropped back to the flippers, thanks. I've only had my game for 2 months and didn't know any better. Definitely gunna play with the settings to see if I can get to work the way it was designed, either way I still enjoy playing it the way it is.

-100 was my sweet spot. Your miles may vary. It works for me about 95%

#12403 66 days ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

-100 was my sweet spot. Your miles may vary. It works for me about 95%

Thanks

#12404 66 days ago

Anybody ever have an issue with the ball ejecting from the phone scoop at a consistently weird angle/spin and going SDTM? I feel like it's almost popping out with a torque that spins it over to the middle, but I can't tell exactly what's going on.

It happens only about 10% of the time or so, but that's enough for it to feel painful. The rest of the time it pops out what I presume to be "normal" to the right flipper, no problems.

I might remove the Mantis this weekend just to see if that changes anything.

#12405 66 days ago
Quoted from prentice:

Anybody ever have an issue with the ball ejecting from the phone scoop at a consistently weird angle/spin and going SDTM? I feel like it's almost popping out with a torque that spins it over to the middle, but I can't tell exactly what's going on.
It happens only about 10% of the time or so, but that's enough for it to feel painful. The rest of the time it pops out what I presume to be "normal" to the right flipper, no problems.
I might remove the Mantis this weekend just to see if that changes anything.

Are your balls magnetized by any chance?

#12406 65 days ago
Quoted from RJW:

Are your balls magnetized by any chance?

I just replaced them within the past two weeks so I presume they are not. Also it almost seem like a spin, because it seems to adjust position right after it lands onto the playfield a few inches out. It’s so weird when it happens but it always looks the same. I should try to record it.

#12407 65 days ago
Quoted from prentice:

I just replaced them within the past two weeks so I presume they are not. Also it almost seem like a spin, because it seems to adjust position right after it lands onto the playfield a few inches out. It’s so weird when it happens but it always looks the same. I should try to record it.

Mine hits the wire form coming out of the scoop sometimes, maybe this is what its doing?

#12408 65 days ago
Quoted from prentice:

Adjusting the power of the coil fixed it for me

#12409 65 days ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Mine hits the wire form coming out of the scoop sometimes, maybe this is what its doing?

Ah I wondered about that, it’s roughly that area whenever it takes that turn, but I never heard metal so I didn’t investigate that.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Adjusting the power of the coil fixed it for me

Thanks, this could be a great thing to try

#12410 65 days ago

Dear Dialed in owners (or other people who have experience with JJP software), I have a problem with my dialed in, hopefully some one can help me!

Couple of weeks ago I tried to update my dialed le from 1.73 to 1.75 (full install). Made a usb stick like stated on your website (did this more then 10 times before on my other JJP titles), and run the update. During the update I got a message "target partition size (10200 mb) is smaller than source (21475 mb). Use option -c to disable size checking(Dangerous)". I couldn't do anything at that moment and reboted. After a couple of tries, it worked and the dialed stated 'reboot the pinball remove the usb'. After doing that I got a black screen with a lot of text saying: "ALERT! UUID=...... does not exist. Dropping to a shell! A lot of other text and ending with "(initramfs) ".

I tried to do the install again, but still the samen problem..... I've added some pictures of what appears on the screen. Tried to contact JJP but after a first very quick reply from Steve, they didn't react on my emails for weeks......

Thanks for helping me out!!!

image-25-10-21-20-07 (resized).jpegimage-25-10-21-20-08 (resized).jpegimage-25-10-21-20-08-1 (resized).jpeg
#12411 65 days ago
Quoted from marvinmax:

Dear Dialed in owners (or other people who have experience with JJP software), I have a problem with my dialed in, hopefully some one can help me!
Couple of weeks ago I tried to update my dialed le from 1.73 to 1.75 (full install). Made a usb stick like stated on your website (did this more then 10 times before on my other JJP titles), and run the update. During the update I got a message "target partition size (10200 mb) is smaller than source (21475 mb). Use option -c to disable size checking(Dangerous)". I couldn't do anything at that moment and reboted. After a couple of tries, it worked and the dialed stated 'reboot the pinball remove the usb'. After doing that I got a black screen with a lot of text saying: "ALERT! UUID=...... does not exist. Dropping to a shell! A lot of other text and ending with "(initramfs) ".
I tried to do the install again, but still the samen problem..... I've added some pictures of what appears on the screen. Tried to contact JJP but after a first very quick reply from Steve, they didn't react on my emails for weeks......
Thanks for helping me out!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Hi - your case got closed in the system so I didn’t know you were still waiting for a reply sorry about that - did you try starting over with a complete full install from scratch? Delete your download from your computer completely as it may be corrupted or incomplete and start over by redownloading the iso and then do the full install all over again. If you used unetbootin to make the usb stick before use Rufus instead this time. Usb stick no smaller than 8gb no larger than 32 gb.

#12412 65 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Hi - your case got closed in the system so I didn’t know you were still waiting for a reply sorry about that - did you try starting over with a complete full install from scratch? Delete your download from your computer completely as it may be corrupted or incomplete and start over by redownloading the iso and then do the full install all over again. If you used unetbootin to make the usb stick before use Rufus instead this time. Usb stick no smaller than 8gb no larger than 32 gb.

Thanks Steve! Hope that you can help me solve my problem!

#12413 65 days ago

Other than the powder coating and invisiGlass.... what is the difference between the SE and LE?

#12414 65 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Other than the powder coating and invisiGlass.... what is the difference between the SE and LE?

LE has lights on the upper ramp.
LE has shaker motor.
Think cabinet art might be different also but not sure.

#12415 65 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

No camera flash on the LE
LE has LEDs on the ramps that sync with the playfield lighting

I think that’s it

#12416 65 days ago

I don’t think the SE has the acrylic panel on back, but I could be wrong.

#12417 64 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I don’t think the SE has the acrylic panel on back, but I could be wrong.

Yes this was difference I remember also!

Powder
Ramp lighting
Shaker
Acrylic panel
3D sign over the theater
Glass

#12418 64 days ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Yes this was difference I remember also!
Powder
Ramp lighting
Shaker
Acrylic panel
3D sign over the theater
Glass

Also
Headphone jack
Printed manual

#12419 64 days ago

Thanks,And did someone say something about a photo flash?I don’t know that one

#12420 64 days ago

I have a standard and the original owner told me it came with a shaker and headphone jack.

It also has a photo flash on top of the head.

#12421 64 days ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

I have a standard and the original owner told me it came with a shaker and headphone jack.
It also has a photo flash on top of the head.

I believe shaker did come on this se... no headphone jack but cld b added.

#12422 62 days ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Follow up to my troubles updating to 1.75...
I thought "what the heck" and plugged my computer monitor into the phone VGA cable using an extension so I could actually read the text.
I set the "Initiate Graphic Adapter" from PEG (PCI card, the phone card) to IGD so it would output to the main game's monitor.
I did not really think that would fix things, but it did... it took a try or so to fully boot up (sorting things out?), since then it has been fine. I have not played a game or anything yet, I wanted to at least pop in and say... I think things are cool. Darn BIOS settings.

Finally I got my update done to 1.75 with the help of BC_Gambit (thank you very much!) changing the BIOS setting of 'Initiate Graphic Adapter' to IGD.
After changing this setting the option 'IGD Multi-Monitor = Enabled' is no more available in the BIOS.
I wonder what is the recommended setting from JJP in 'normal mode' (not to resume a hanging full update): 'IGD Multi-Monitor = Enabled' and 'Initiate Graphic Adapter = PEG' or 'Initiate Graphic Adapter = IGD'?

#12423 60 days ago

So I just had a great game on my DI and I think I beat Showdown but I’m not 100% sure.
I know it’s been commented that it is not that exciting, but there was no “end”.
Is there a “you lost” or “you won” display at the end?
This pin has stellar shots and the code kicks ass but please, “Dr Light”, correct this!

#12424 60 days ago
Quoted from DK:

So I just had a great game on my DI and I think I beat Showdown but I’m not 100% sure.
I know it’s been commented that it is not that exciting, but there was no “end”.
Is there a “you lost” or “you won” display at the end?
This pin has stellar shots and the code kicks ass but please, “Dr Light”, correct this!

This is the complaint many of us have had, and I believe the coder recently chatted here about wanting to fix it.

I just beat AFM again last night, and when you finish the wizard mode, and the flipper and lights go out, you feel like you did something special.

Dialed In is a special game, so hopefully they give it an epic ending!

#12425 58 days ago

Hello,
do you know how the theater magnet works?
Should the ball be returned up or down?
The magnet can be adjusted through the menus.
How does it work ? Does it increase the power of the magnet?
The closer we get to 0, the stronger the magnet or vice versa?
thank you
seb

#12426 58 days ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
thank you
seb

In some modes (there are other posts here with the details when and when not) the ball will return upwards onto the playfield, so it goes around the back and returns to the right upper flipper.

I believe the number changes the timing before the magnet activates (so time before it deactivates and activates again for a short pulse), so the ball has time to roll downwards before the magnet pulses it to shoot the pinball upwards.
If the delay is too small the ball won't get enough power (not enough upwards movement in the pinball), if the delay is too long then the ball can get too far away from the magnet to be grabbed, and falls downwards.
I don't think the number should be near 0.

#12427 58 days ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello,
thank you
seb

It depends on the mode, if you look at the screen it will tell you when the ball is supposed to pass through, to be launched up or to be sent back down.
For exemple when the screen shows a spinner it passes through, when you see the train doors it sends the ball back down, when it's a rocket it will hold the ball and fire it up.

The above is correct for the timer, the higher will hold the ball and launch it up or block it, the lower will pass through. What you need to do when you adjust is to find the setting where the ball is held and sent up. When sent up it should at least go high enough to get in the scoop, but mine sends it all the way to the upper lane, sometimes down to the bumpers, and sometimes all the way to the upper right flipper.

#12428 57 days ago

Just picked up an LE and am getting this error...

Any thoughts on what to do?

Thanks!

20211120_154111 (resized).jpg
#12429 57 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Any thoughts on what to do?

First in Tests - Coils - run the trap door open then run trap door close. See if they both work right.

LTG : )

#12430 57 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

First in Tests - Coils - run the trap door open then run trap door close. See if they both work right.

Welli updated the code and now all is good hahhaa.

#12431 56 days ago

Hello, thank you for your answers.
I managed to adjust the magnet. on the other hand, from time to time, when I turn on the flip, I have a noise coming from the subwoofer of the body (a tac tac tac) .... if I turn the flip off and on again, the noise disappears. an idea?

#12432 56 days ago

Are there modes that effect the flippers?

#12433 56 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Are there modes that effect the flippers?

Just when you are attacked in MB, the attacks cause your flippers to lightly machine gun for a second or two.

#12434 56 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Well now it's back and it won't open or close in the test menu.

#12435 56 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just when you are attacked in MB, the attacks cause your flippers to lightly machine gun for a second or two.

Ok... I found that happening and wasn't sure. Thanks!

#12436 56 days ago
Quoted from sebseb12:

Hello, thank you for your answers.
I managed to adjust the magnet. on the other hand, from time to time, when I turn on the flip, I have a noise coming from the subwoofer of the body (a tac tac tac) .... if I turn the flip off and on again, the noise disappears. an idea?

Search for 'ground loop' here.
It's a known issue, some games have it more loud than others. You can buy a ground loop isolator that fixes (or reduces) the issue..

#12437 56 days ago

I have the exact same problem on my new to me Dialed In as BossK4hire. Not sure what to do but it is obviously a common problem.

1DA081D5-7731-4613-B44C-A0DAE2814E1D (resized).jpeg
#12438 55 days ago
Quoted from violinfather:

I have the exact same problem on my new to me Dialed In as BossK4hire. Not sure what to do but it is obviously a common problem.
[quoted image]

2 people have an issue on a game that came out 5 years ago and that's a "common problem"???

#12439 55 days ago
Quoted from bossk4hire:

Well now it's back and it won't open or close in the test menu.

I don’t have any trapdoor problems while playing but I just noticed that I can’t activate the trapdoor in the device tests.

#12440 55 days ago
Quoted from prentice:

I don’t have any trapdoor problems while playing but I just noticed that I can’t activate the trapdoor in the device tests.

Did you take care of the coin door interlock switch before trying? It cuts the high power when the coin door opens. You have to re-engage it before doing tests that require coils.

#12441 55 days ago

superlube-lubricating-oil-for-3d-printers (resized).jpg

There are metal on metal parts under the trapdoor that can cause a little much friction. I put a dab of Super lube on it a couple years ago and it's worked fine since.

#12442 55 days ago
Quoted from aeneas:

Search for 'ground loop' here.
It's a known issue, some games have it more loud than others. You can buy a ground loop isolator that fixes (or reduces) the issue..

hello, I put a ground loop for the loudspeakers of the froton.
But there, the noise comes from the subwoofer in the body.
It only does this when cold, if I turn it off and on again, the noise disappears

#12443 55 days ago

Not sure what to do

Check it. Fix it. Tests - Switches - Matrixed. See what the switches are doing. May not have been hit recently. Suck closed. Need adjusting. Broken wire.

#12444 55 days ago

[quoted image]

This was my issue...

Screenshot_20211122-163746_Chrome (resized).jpg
#12445 49 days ago

Has anyone made a decal or something to go on the back board behind the etched city scene for the LE/CE?

Just feels a bit naked.

#12446 48 days ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

2 people have an issue on a game that came out 5 years ago and that's a "common problem"???

Thanks for correcting me I appreciate it. I checked the coil and it opens the trap door but still says Matrix switch 20 Bob Trap Door Enter in red. I am clueless about the tech on pinball games so what is a matrix switch lol? Why does it open when I do a coil test but still shows red error?

#12447 48 days ago

Why does it open when I do a coil test but still shows red error?

Just a wild guess.

Matrix switch 20 Bob Trap Door Enter in red.

Because a ball hasn't gone in there and hit switch #20 , which has nothing to do with the trap door up/down switch.

Coil tests usually won't clear switch errors.

#12448 48 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Just a wild guess.

Because a ball hasn't gone in there and hit switch #20 , which has nothing to do with the trap door up/down switch.
Coil tests usually won't clear switch errors.

Thanks so much you are the best! I love this game! Just opened up the trap door and let a ball go in there and it cleared the switch. All good now.

#12449 44 days ago

Phone scoop eject just started having an issue that didn't exist before.

I have the latest code, game boots up, then the coil starts shooting rapidly about 10 times, then it stops. This also happens when closing the coin door which activates the power switches. During gameplay it works fine.

Any advice is appreciated.

#12450 43 days ago

Well, I was at my wits end and ready to sell Dialed In because of the B.O.B. code, but I thought I'd give it one last try and play with the rule adjustments. While it doesn't fix the problem completely, it does make the game MUCH better. For the record, all of my other games are adjusted to make the ruleset more difficult.

What I dislike about this game is that I'm mostly thinking about and fearing the left drain while I play it. 90% of my drains are from the left outlane because of the electric guy pushing the ball left, the drone magnet pushing the ball left, rebounds off the the electric guy target pushing the ball left... you get the point. Everything in the game wants to push the ball left. Without being able to hit the lower B.O.B. target, I'm stuck without a kickback pretty early.

So I said, "fuck it," and decided to try to fix the kickback issue and bring more of the B.O.B. stuff into the game: I did the following:

1. I adjusted the kickback to "2" difficulty, making it easier to light and adjusted the spotted letters to "2"
2. I adjusted the kickback stack to the max "10" so you can stack'em up to your heart's desire (you still run out, trust me)
3. I made each of the theatre modes require only one hit to the theatre to start
4. I turned sim memory "on"

This has made the game feel just like a W/B machine, but still slightly more difficult. The theatre is now fully part of the game. I'm now working to stack modes and multiballs with theatre multiball, which I still only see about one in every three games instead of almost never. The points are worth the stacking as well. It can be epic. I also usually see a B.O.B. multiball every game, and sometimes *gasp* even two.

I STILL die from that fucking left drain, but only 50% of the time now, and I concentrate on it the exact amount that I should have to.

If you're locked into "I must use default rules," I highly recommend you open your mind up as I think JJP dropped the ball on the default settings. Your scores will immediately be highter, but that is all relative.

Here are my settings for clarity:

20211204_115946 (resized).jpg20211204_120024 (resized).jpg

There are 12,568 posts in this topic. You are on page 249 of 252.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside