IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 273.
#12351 2 years ago
Quoted from Had:

How can we help to make this happen?
Also out of interest, how much time would you estimate to:
- Cycle bobs targets through pop bumpers (under used shot and conveniently adds randomness and integrates with diverter arm)
- Keep the city destroyed rather than resetting after Armageddon.
- Increase jackpot callout volume
- Add a little something after Showdown

I appreciate the enthusiasm but there isn't much that can be done to help.
- cycling bob targets is most likely not happening (per Joe Katz, the rule designer on DI)
- we can't do this, as Gogdog says, the modes destroy the city so you need it back (the story also supports the resetting of the city)
- I can bring this up, but volume/sound was decided by Dave Thiel as the sound designer, and he's great at what he does. I think it fits, personally
- I do plan on adding some choreo to Showdown, and its victory laps, at some point. Don't expect any more rule after winning though

#12352 2 years ago

The red channel of one of the LED on the beam from the bumpers seems dead.

Before I disassemble everything to replace the LED itself on the board (as if I recally it's basically a LED PCB), I would welcome a reference to the LED so I can order them and perform the replacement in one go. Not the PCB, I can unsolder the LED and solder a new one.

Although truth be told, I can also probably unmount the PCB, seems to be held in place by just a few screws, but I'm not sure it will help me to identify the LED part numbers

Regards

[EDIT] To clarify, I did look in the manual, they are easy to find, this is reference 24-0016-02, high power SMT LED. From the schematics I can make out it's a 5V component (I assume...), but I don't have the exact reference (and hence the associated power rating - since it will affect brightness).

Based on the layout, very likely something like the attached image, but they exist in 1W and 3W

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#12353 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

- cycling bob targets is most likely not happening (per Joe Katz, the rule designer on DI)
- we can't do this, as Gogdog says, the modes destroy the city so you need it back (the story also supports the resetting of the city)
- I can bring this up, but volume/sound was decided by Dave Thiel as the sound designer, and he's great at what he does. I think it fits, personally
- I do plan on adding some choreo to Showdown, and its victory laps, at some point. Don't expect any more rule after winning though

Quoted from dr_light:

YES!!!! Having some sort of epic ending would be amazing. I got to this wizard once, and loved it up until the point I finished it and didn't even realize it because there was no "big moment".

Think about how in MM when you destroy the King's castle, how everything shuts down and you know for sure you just did something great.

This is definitely what we need for this awesome game.

Thanks for all you do

#12354 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

YES!!!! Having some sort of epic ending would be amazing. I got to this wizard once, and loved it up until the point I finished it and didn't even realize it because there was no "big moment".
Think about how in MM when you destroy the King's castle, how everything shuts down and you know for sure you just did something great.
This is definitely what we need for this awesome game.
Thanks for all you do

Agree

#12355 2 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

Just today (and some other times before) I seemed to have beaten the mode by getting a lot hits in rapid succession in the jets. I'm still confused about how that mode works. Yes, the ramps and the phone are lit during the mode, but it looks like you can also beat it by enough switch hits or something.

pops, and maybe other switches do clear, but much slower. If I remember hitting both lit shots then the theater immediately will clear and win the mode but its a 3 way combo really fast.

#12356 2 years ago

So I'll admit this. I kind of suck at Dialed In! even though I've had it for 2 years.

Many games I'll get around 400,000.

Side note: today I had my best game, getting a bit over 2,000,000.

I'm not a rules person, I don't want to learn them all... generally. But I've decided to try and take a go at it. So I'll ask...

1. Is there a place with rules for that latest version? I know 1.75 didn't change anything rule wise, but rules from 4 years ago will be dated
2. If you were to provide 1 tip... just one... what would it be?

Thanks!

#12357 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

So I'll admit this. I kind of suck at Dialed In! even though I've had it for 2 years.
I'm not a rules person, I don't want to learn them all... generally. But I've decided to try and take a go at it. So I'll ask...
1. Is there a place with rules for that latest version? I know 1.75 didn't change anything rule wise, but rules from 4 years ago will be dated
Thanks!

1 tip…pretty much the only tip you need
Start a mode, complete it, collect the sim.
Repeat.

Each sim collect serves as a multiples for the next mode allowing points to 2-9x the normal value.

This game is all about the SIM cards which is why hitting that shot is soooo frustrating.

#12358 2 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

1 tip…pretty much the only tip you need
Start a mode, complete it, collect the sim.
Repeat.
Each sim collect serves as a multiples for the next mode allowing points to 2-9x the normal value.
This game is all about the SIM cards which is why hitting that shot is soooo frustrating.

I would turn on the sim rollover as well much less frustrating and rewarding.

#12359 2 years ago

I’ve never got more than 2 SIM cards!

(No sim rollover)

#12360 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Agree with this!

SIM card rollover is a must.

#12361 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Why is Joe so anti cycling bob targets? That B target on the bottom is basically impossible to hit unless luck/lucky bounce.

#12362 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Why is Joe so anti cycling bob targets? That B target on the bottom is basically impossible to hit unless luck/lucky bounce.

At least make it a setting... Like pop bumper cycles Bob targets On/Off.

#12363 2 years ago

It is a shame because the Bob modes are really really cool. I love Monkey Wrench MB, for instance. The idea that you should time your shots to get past the wrench is such a great one. Unfortunately, I’m luck if I see that mode once every few months.

#12364 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Just a vote for leaving SIM rollover off. With the SIM rollover set to off the endorphin rush is 100X when you collect a sim card.

#12365 2 years ago

Also get rid of the scoop protector and actually make the sim shot....

#12366 2 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Also get rid of the scoop protector and actually make the sim shot....

I'm seriously considering this.

#12367 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I'm seriously considering this.

I am too. Worried it will get really damaged though. I hear it’s a pain as well.

#12368 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I am too. Worried it will get really damaged though. I hear it’s a pain as well.

Haven't even looked at the steps... if the ramp above it needs to come off... but my gut feeling is it cannot be "that bad."

I also wonder --- and I'm no playfield clear coat guy --- if the fact that our games have had 3+ years to cure even more, the chance of any issue is reduced.

#12369 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Haven't even looked at the steps... if the ramp above it needs to come off... but my gut feeling is it cannot be "that bad."
I also wonder --- and I'm no playfield clear coat guy --- if the fact that our games have had 3+ years to cure even more, the chance of any issue is reduced.

It was sort of easy to remove, I don't think you have to take the ramp off - Its been a long time since I did it and would not look back, even if the area does get damaged it goes into the enjoy the game and take the few bucks off when you sell...

#12370 2 years ago

Anybody else have low speech for the bulldoze disaster mode (sink hole) guy talking?

Edit ---- loose connector always happens when you update a game ha ha

#12371 2 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

At least make it a setting... Like pop bumper cycles Bob targets On/Off.

If they ever do it, which they won't, it should be the flipper buttons, not the pops. This has been in pins already and works great.

#12372 2 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

It was sort of easy to remove, I don't think you have to take the ramp off - Its been a long time since I did it and would not look back, even if the area does get damaged it goes into the enjoy the game and take the few bucks off when you sell...

What he said … you can put some mylar on it to give some protection, I also took the rubber off the post which maybe a bit of a cheat but doesn’t by any means make it easy.

#12373 2 years ago

Just bought a DI LE and still getting the feel for shots, but my wife and I have had a ton of metallic-sounding rejects from the phone scoop. A Mantis protector is installed as shown in the picture. Is this gap normal or should I get in there and try to move it closer to the front of the hole somehow? (I'm not even sure how it is attached yet..)

Thanks!

mantis (resized).jpgmantis (resized).jpg
#12374 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Just bought a DI LE and still getting the feel for shots, but my wife and I have had a ton of metallic-sounding rejects from the phone scoop. A Mantis protector is installed as shown in the picture. Is this gap normal or should I get in there and try to move it closer to the front of the hole somehow? (I'm not even sure how it is attached yet..)
Thanks!
[quoted image]

That is not good, I’d remove it put some mylar on it and order a cliffy

#12375 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If it's easy, I'm pulling mine. Fun is more important than some wear

#12376 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

I've had several Mantis protectors, I think they are the best option for a non-worn playfield. In this case, I couldn't get it to line up. I ended up pulling mine all together from DI and I'm much happier for it. Scoop rejects ruin a game.

#12377 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I've had several Mantis protectors, I think they are the best option for a non-worn playfield. In this case, I couldn't get it to line up. I ended up pulling mine all together from DI and I'm much happier for it. Scoop rejects ruin a game.

Decided to try to fix the gap before pulling it altogether. The Mantis bracket was angled a little more than 90 degrees, so I bent it back to just a little less than 90 with some pliers, and was able to close the gap pretty well without changing the mounting holes location.

Seems better on shots, but still testing. I haven't played enough games to be good enough to reliably hit it yet.

Thanks for the comments!

#12378 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Seems better on shots, but still testing. I haven't played enough games to be good enough to reliably hit it yet.

Best way to hit the phone scoop is a backhand from the right flipper when cradling the ball.

#12379 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

If it's easy, I'm pulling mine. Fun is more important than some wear

I removed my phone scoop cliffy and it took about 2 hours. That was 90% removing the posts because I didn't have the right tools. With the right tools, a 30 min job. I am going to do the sim slot as well, and Lloyd has mentioned before its super easy. You remove a couple of screws and then you can swivel the ramp onto the electric guy's head. You don't need to fully remove it. I put a piece of mylar over and the difference in making the phone shot is noticeable. This is clearly the way the game was meant to be played in design.

#12380 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Thanks!

your scores are likely low because its designed to give low scores. Most of the high score you see posted are from people who are adding extra balls for scoring levels and/or carrying over the sim light from ball to ball. They are not playing under "normal rules"

#12381 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

people are already making the game too easy by carrying over sims. Maybe he wants to leave some challenge in the game that people can't just disable to make it super easy.

#12382 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

What he said … you can put some mylar on it to give some protection, I also took the rubber off the post which maybe a bit of a cheat but doesn’t by any means make it easy.

I also removed the rubber off both posts on either side of the SIM card scoop but didn't remove the Cliffy. That made the SIM card shot only slightly easier to hit, but still difficult and Cliffy protected. That's the best of all worlds IMHO. I might try putting some thinner rubber around both posts to keep the shot slightly easier to hit but also reduce blunt metal to metal contact with the unprotected posts.

#12383 2 years ago
Quoted from prentice:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

May want to replace that post sleeve while you're at it.

#12384 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

The red channel of one of the LED on the beam from the bumpers seems dead.
Before I disassemble everything to replace the LED itself on the board (as if I recally it's basically a LED PCB), I would welcome a reference to the LED so I can order them and perform the replacement in one go. Not the PCB, I can unsolder the LED and solder a new one.
Although truth be told, I can also probably unmount the PCB, seems to be held in place by just a few screws, but I'm not sure it will help me to identify the LED part numbers
Regards

I've had a similar issue with one of the ramp LEDs (red channel dead). In my case, one of three the current limiting resistors on the LED PCB was soldered incorrectly. Quick fix. Maybe have a look at that before attempting to replace the LED.

#12385 2 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

I've had a similar issue with one of the ramp LEDs (red channel dead). In my case, one of three the current limiting resistors on the LED PCB was soldered incorrectly. Quick fix. Maybe have a look at that before attempting to replace the LED.

Thanks for the tip. Turns out the led got back to life, so I suspect indeed a bad solder point somewhere

#12386 2 years ago

Hi there, I updated from 1.73 to 1.75 and now am stuck on the picture below (on the phone) AFTER the update was apparently successful, and I have rebooted with the USB drive removed..

I have since:
- reinstalled (with the coin door closed), no progress
- redownloaded and installed again, no change.

FWIW I also updated my JJP POTC with beta code AFTER having this not go well (I am a glutton for punishment ) and that went... perfectly.

No progress on Dialed In. Did this happen to anybody else? Any tips?
20211106_152744_HDR (resized).jpg20211106_152744_HDR (resized).jpg

Oh, I see others on the prior page with this issue. I will ask if there has been any progress...

#12387 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Hi there, I updated from 1.73 to 1.75 and now am stuck on the picture below (on the phone) AFTER the update was apparently successful, and I have rebooted with the USB drive removed..
I have since:
- reinstalled (with the coin door closed), no progress
- redownloaded and installed again, no change.
FWIW I also updated my JJP POTC with beta code AFTER having this not go well (I am a glutton for punishment ) and that went... perfectly.
No progress on Dialed In. Did this happen to anybody else? Any tips?
[quoted image]
Oh, I see others on the prior page with this issue. I will ask if there has been any progress...

Did you reboot with coin door shut?

#12388 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Did you reboot with coin door shut?

Yes, I think I did this at least 2x (the 2nd and third installs). Removed USB drive, closed coin door, rebooted.

The first time I think I left it open.

#12389 2 years ago

Start over. Blank USB stick 8GB to 16GB. Fresh download of Full Install. Use unetbootin to put on USB stick. Install in game. See if this attempt works better.

If you used US Mirror for download, then try EU Mirror. Maybe your download was corrupted ?

LTG : )

#12390 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Start over. Blank USB stick 8GB to 16GB. Fresh download of Full Install. Use unetbootin to put on USB stick. Install in game. See if this attempt works better.
If you used US Mirror for download, then try EU Mirror. Maybe your download was corrupted ?

I will give it a try; FWIW I am using the same memory stick every time, but reformatting it. I did the POTC install in between DI installs, reformatting before the disk image install, and no change in behavior each time.

#12391 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Yes, I think I did this at least 2x (the 2nd and third installs). Removed USB drive, closed coin door, rebooted.
The first time I think I left it open.

Hmm bummer. Hope you can get it to work… LTG is pretty knowledgeable hopefully he can steer you in the right direction

#12392 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No changes; update seemed to go okay, then... still stuck at the same spot post install reboot.

#12393 2 years ago

Need a little help. I've played with the magnet settings under the theater to get it to "throw" it up and around after a magnet catch but no luck. It catches fine. Ive removed the mylar as well. It worked fine in the past but now at even the highest setting no luck. Thoughts? I don't play it anymore because the catch and sdtm drains suck. O know u can shut off the magnet catch but I'd rather it work correctly.

#12394 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

No changes; update seemed to go okay, then... still stuck at the same spot post install reboot.

Follow up to my troubles updating to 1.75...

I thought "what the heck" and plugged my computer monitor into the phone VGA cable using an extension so I could actually read the text.

I set the "Initiate Graphic Adapter" from PEG (PCI card, the phone card) to IGD so it would output to the main game's monitor.

I did not really think that would fix things, but it did... it took a try or so to fully boot up (sorting things out?), since then it has been fine. I have not played a game or anything yet, I wanted to at least pop in and say... I think things are cool. Darn BIOS settings.

#12395 2 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

When working, in most situations it will fling the ball back setting a shot for the lock ramp. Really cool when working and when your game doesn’t do this it’s rubbish. Mine DID NOT work the same in test as game. It took a really long time to get it right - weeks.
I had to start at a number someone else was using, try -90 as above. Play several games, if it’s not working (probably won’t) move it say 5 either way, play several games. Repeat, Keep moving in the same direction. You will work out if you are getting closer or further away from the magic fling back. Write down your results. If you moved the wrong way, repeat in reverse. It’s frustrating but worth the time. The game doesn’t function properly if this isn’t working. This process didn’t work in test for me. Don’t know why. If your game isn’t flinging back properly you are missing a great feature but more importantly the flow is lost.

#12396 2 years ago

You can also do above in test, then try in game. Mine was different in test and game. Really frustrating but must fix.

#12397 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Hmm bummer. Hope you can get it to work… LTG is pretty knowledgeable hopefully he can steer you in the right direction

"Pretty knowledgeable"?

The man is the Alexa of pinball!

"@LTG, please set a reminder to play more pinball".

#12398 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

"Pretty knowledgeable"?
The man is the Alexa of pinball!
"LTG, please set a reminder to play more pinball".

You need a reminder to play more pinball?

#12399 2 years ago

Looking to join the club!
If your looking to sell yours in the south east give me a shout. I have cash in hand.
I'm in SC and need to give my Wonka a buddy!
Thanks, Jeff

20211102_103552 (resized).jpg20211102_103552 (resized).jpg
#12400 2 years ago

SOLD!
Machine - For Sale
HUO - Documented (Home Used Only) - “A like new Dialed In LE with factory RAD-CALS, led flipper buttons(orange), mirror blades, neon plastic protectors. full cliffys. Everything works and looks exactly as it should. W...”
2021-11-07
Mansfield, MA
8,600 (Firm)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 1122 times
Contributed to Pinside

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 22.50
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 248 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/248 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.