bettyarm (resized).jpg
20240429_201523 (resized).jpg
raiseramp (resized).JPG
IMG_3546 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1331 (resized).JPG
IMG_1332 (resized).JPG
IMG_1330 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 275.
#12301 2 years ago

Thanks for considering this!

Quoted from dr_light:

I would love to. I'm the one that coded it in the first place (one of the first things I did here at JJP), and I've always wanted to give it some more love. It's just a matter of finding the time to do so.

#12302 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I agree with the art critique, but it's more than that. The theme is goofy and weak. Maybe if they increased the intensity and feel of damage or armageddon or survival or something! But instead we have trains, emojis, spiders, drones, a cell phone, lottery tickets, selfies, BoB, Betty Wrench, Weather, Aliens.... It's soooo random. Maybe the character animation assets came from a canceled video game?
I've said it before and I'll say it again - BOTH the playfield and ruleset deserved better.
And I do own the game. Due to the theme, it's probably the best value game in all of pinball.

I love the quirky original theme. IMO, it's refreshing as compared to some recycled property that's been shoved down my throat for the last 20 years.

That said, DI would greatly benefit from one simple change: powerful and exciting Jackpot call outs. Just something with a little weight and emotion to get the blood flowing.

#12303 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I would love to. I'm the one that coded it in the first place (one of the first things I did here at JJP), and I've always wanted to give it some more love. It's just a matter of finding the time to do so.

This is not the most important ask ever, but IF you are going back into the DI code, could the number of tilt warnings left be indicated somewhere? The four lights near the bottom of the apron seem like one way to show this, and they don't seem to have a function otherwise.

After having easy visual access to tilt warnings on POTC and GNR, that should be standard IMO . Especially when they are "per game". Those games spoiled us, what can I say.

#12304 2 years ago

I would just like to say, that temporarily, i was the number 3 player in the world on scorbit with my DI score.

#12305 2 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

This is not the most important ask ever, but IF you are going back into the DI code, could the number of tilt warnings left be indicated somewhere? The four lights near the bottom of the apron seem like one way to show this, and they don't seem to have a function otherwise.
After having easy visual access to tilt warnings on POTC and GNR, that should be standard IMO . Especially when they are "per game". Those games spoiled us, what can I say.

I love that on POTC and GNR too. Maybe I can put them on the apron lights now that the phone app isn't supported anymore (that is what they were originally for). I'll talk to the guys here and see what they think.

#12306 2 years ago

And while we’re talking about code wish lists, making the BOB targets cycle with the flipper switches . . .

I know, I know. This was talked about before and rejected. But, I still have hope.

#12307 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I love that on POTC and GNR too. Maybe I can put them on the apron lights now that the phone app isn't supported anymore (that is what they were originally for). I'll talk to the guys here and see what they think.

Cool! I will keep my expectations in check but that is nice of you.

#12308 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

That would be great, and will make a very good game Perfect!

I’ll spend some of my time for testing

Thanks for your efforts

#12309 2 years ago

dr_light - very cool to see you in this thread taking suggesting on code updates!

I'll x2 the ask for greater call out on jackpots as well as a greater end for showdown.

I completed showdown for the 1st time a few weeks back and I was confused if I defeated or messed it up as the end was a little anti-climatic. The entire event itself was amazing though!

#12310 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

This would be a nice add, cycling the BOB lights is a bad idea. What woudl be cool since its already an insane disaster theme is a midnight madness mode.

#12311 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Yeah (resized).pngYeah (resized).png
#12312 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

This would be a nice add, cycling the BOB lights is a bad idea. What woudl be cool since its already an insane disaster theme is a midnight madness mode.

Disagree. That bottom BOB target is so hard to hit, some option to be able to light it is a very good idea. Right now it is nearly random.

#12313 2 years ago
Quoted from porkcarrot:

Disagree. That bottom BOB target is so hard to hit, some option to be able to light it is a very good idea. Right now it is nearly random.

I agree it would be great to roll the light on BOB, hitting the first B is totally random.

#12314 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I agree it would be great to roll the light on BOB, hitting the first B is totally random.

If the thought is it should be harder, maybe make it rotate with a ramp shot or something so you have to hit the ramp, get the ball to the right flipper, and then hit the correct target. That way it’s possible but not simple.

#12315 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Any reason why this one wouldn't work? Dialed In doesn't see it but works fine on my PC.
https://www.microcenter.com/product/604933/tp-link-archer-t3u-ac1300-mini-wireless-mu-mimo-usb-adapter

I bought the AC600 that was mentioned, was recognized w/o issue and then logged into my router. Haven't tried ScorBit yet. One thing I noticed between those two is the AC600 is USB 2.0, the AC1300 being USB 3.0.

Don't think that would make a difference - just pointing that out in case there's some sort of hardware quirk.

#12316 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

That’s great. Can you also give showdown some more coding ?

…and a (secret?) 12th desaster!

#12317 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Of corse us owner would be over the moon if we got a good update for out beloved dialed in pins but like you said,you need to find the time and I am sure jack keeps you very busy so we all hope you love dialed in as much as we all do!

#12318 2 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

dr_light - very cool to see you in this thread taking suggesting on code updates!
I'll x2 the ask for greater call out on jackpots as well as a greater end for showdown.
I completed showdown for the 1st time a few weeks back and I was confused if I defeated or messed it up as the end was a little anti-climatic. The entire event itself was amazing though!

I can't help on the callouts, we can't hire voice actors again for an old game. Do you really not like what's in there? I personally love DIs callouts. We have 3 different people announcing shots!

Yes, the end of Showdown is where I really want to put in more work. If I found some time to work on it that would be the first thing I would do.

#12319 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I bought the AC600 that was mentioned, was recognized w/o issue and then logged into my router. Haven't tried ScorBit yet. One thing I noticed between those two is the AC600 is USB 2.0, the AC1300 being USB 3.0.
Don't think that would make a difference - just pointing that out in case there's some sort of hardware quirk.

Oh yes indeed thanks for pointing that out, it might well be the issue, It lights up as soon as I plug it in my laptop but does nothing in DI.

#12320 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Oh yes indeed thanks for pointing that out, it might well be the issue, It lights up as soon as I plug it in my laptop but does nothing in DI.

Also, wanted to add I plugged it into the USB extension cable. Didn't have to plug it into the DI computer. Since I haven't used ScorBit yet, can't vouch that the dongle stays connected to the WiFi 100% of the time. Router is in the adjacent room, so link should be strong.

I also had loaded 1.75 first (which went fine). Then plugged in the AC600 during a reboot. I didn't check, but I'm guessing it is on the 2.4GHz network, not the 5GHz link? I can verify if it's on 2.4GHz or the 5GHz if you think that's important.

Not sure if that helps, just my experience.

#12321 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I can't help on the callouts, we can't hire voice actors again for an old game. Do you really not like what's in there? I personally love DIs callouts.

I agree. The jackpot callouts are consistent with the rest of the voice work in the game.

Cycling the BOB targets would be great. The BOB multi-balls are fun to play but I hardly ever see them. DI is my daughter's favorite game in the collection and I don't think she's ever played a BOB multi-ball. (Maybe a BOB multi-ball could be a random drone award?)

#12322 2 years ago

For me are the callouts also ok. I like everything on this game with the exception of the showdown wizard mode. There must be something special , a wow effect when you beat it. (Similar to Grappa angry ) As other already said, at the moment you didn’t really notice that you beat it and you ask yourself, what was that ?

And add big big points when beating

So that would be great if that could be changed.

#12323 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I can't help on the callouts, we can't hire voice actors again for an old game. Do you really not like what's in there? I personally love DIs callouts. We have 3 different people announcing shots!
Yes, the end of Showdown is where I really want to put in more work. If I found some time to work on it that would be the first thing I would do.

I like the call outs… but the game could use a powerful, emotion-filled jackpot call out (my opinion, of course!

#12324 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Get Steve Richie to do the call outs in revised Showdown - a bit of taunting and player abuse is great!

#12325 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Actually, the easiest path to content everyone would be to document how to change assets. Similar to what Pinball Browser does with Stern Roms.

I don't mind the call out, but the music... God the music, somebody help me to replace it. With what, I don't know, but I find the current music really, well, let's just say not to the level of the game, plus it sticks in my head for hours after playing just one game.

Regards

#12326 2 years ago

I think the call outs and music are excellent. I do agree the bob multiballs and the theatre multiball are too seldom, too hard to get and somehow decoupled from the rest of the rules - meaning it doesn’t seem to matter if you play these multiballs or not - they’re just kind of there.

#12327 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Totally fair!

I guess maybe some increase in volume when the jackpot call out is made could be fun. I'm thinking like AFM, it seems that the Jackpot call out is like 5 notches higher volume than the rest of the sounds. Don't know that it needs this much but just a touch more.

Honestly though I'll happily take a more intense showdown end vs jackpot call outs

#12328 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Get Steve Richie to do the call outs in revised Showdown - a bit of taunting and player abuse is great!

I like that idea. AlwaYs fun to hear Steve in a pinball machine

#12329 2 years ago

Hello,

my update from 1.73 to 1.75 failed.
After removing the usb thumb drive and rebooting the machine it stuck with an error.
Any suggestions are welcome.

DI_1.75 (resized).jpgDI_1.75 (resized).jpg
#12330 2 years ago
Quoted from grabul:

Hello,
After removing the usb thumb drive and rebooting the machine it stuck with an error.
[quoted image]

Mine was a pain in the ass too. Try a different usb port on the motherboard behind the monitor. I personally had nothing but failures using the USB in the cabinet.

#12331 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Please no more Steve Richie callouts. It's been done and overdone, then done again. Maybe as a goof single callout somewhere, or an Easter egg, but please hire real voice talent. For some reason I pictured SR doing the callouts in Iron Maiden the other day while playing. I would have to sell the game.

#12332 2 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Mine was a pain in the ass too. Try a different usb port on the motherboard behind the monitor. I personally had nothing but failures using the USB in the cabinet.

thanks
now tried usb port on main board,
a second usb thumb drive on both ports,
got always the same error any other thoughts...

#12333 2 years ago
Quoted from grabul:

thanks
now tried usb port on main board,
a second usb thumb drive on both ports,
got always the same error any other thoughts...

Different USB thumb drive altogether, and try using rufus instead of whatever utility they tell you to use.

https://rufus.ie/en/

download the portable version, choose your usb drive for the drive, chose the downloaded iso from JJP as the iso, click start. rufus may warn you it needs to download a couple files for linux to be compatible, which is fine.

The jjp update seems to be finicky, but this worked for me.

#12334 2 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Please no more Steve Richie callouts. It's been done and overdone, then done again. Maybe as a goof single callout somewhere, or an Easter egg, but please hire real voice talent. For some reason I pictured SR doing the callouts in Iron Maiden the other day while playing. I would have to sell the game.

I’ll take the job! Would love to do pinball call outs. I’m not a pro but pretty good at acting a fool doing cartoon voices

#12335 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’ll take the job! Would love to do pinball call outs. I’m not a pro but pretty good at acting fool doing cartoon voices

Well no need for voice acting... Enter AI, and more precisely GAN (deep neural network type used for example in the creation of deep fake):
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/44184

They have multiple versions trained on multiple games, select the one you want, enter the Callout text, set some parameters, and voilà, callout generated

OK, I'm slightly exaggerating, but you see my point

Kind of appropriate if you think about it, to generate callouts using a neural network for a game featuring an AI phone assistant...

#12336 2 years ago
Quoted from grabul:

Hello,
[quoted image]

I get the same /dev/usb and dev-sdb1 errors but doesn’t affect the game, it still boots and plays fine, scorbit works fine too.

#12337 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

I get the same /dev/usb and dev-sdb1 errors but doesn’t affect the game, it still boots and plays fine, scorbit works fine too.

Don't know why the boot doesn't continue, some startups even show that error 3 times before they stop.
After it stops then after a few seconds the startup is done again and so on until you switch off the pin.

Tried nearly everything, use rufus tool to write the image, also using different block sizes (8k and 4k), because the default in rufus is 8k but in unetbootin it is 4k. Even connected a keyboard to step into the bios and change nothing there, but write the bios at exit.
Well now opened a support ticket at JJP...

#12338 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I think I speak for everyone in this thread... PRETTY PLEASE!!!!

#12339 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I'm curious about what's involved w/updates. Are you able to do updates whenever you want too (on your own time), or do they have to be authorized by JJP (if on the clock)? I assume being an unlicensed theme makes updates easier. Is there a certain about of beta testing it has to go thru? Or do you pretty much call the shots?

Not trying to snoop on JJP, just wondering about the process.

#12340 2 years ago

A few suggestions to dr_light

- It would be nice that a player slot remains assigned to a Scorbit user until explicitly logged out (either combination of pinball buttons, and through the app). That would allow to play multiple games in a row without having to reassign on each game. Unless it's already there and I missed it ?

Would be especially useful in a home environnment

- Can Scorbit accomodate sub users / profile under the same app ? Again in home environnment this would allow kids to play without having to setup a full Scorbit account (my youngest is 10y old, no email adress nor phone, yet she'd like to be able to record her scores - not to mention I believe there is a lower age limit for creating email adress in most countries anyway - sure I could cheat, but that's not ideal).

Regards

#12341 2 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I'm curious about what's involved w/updates. Are you able to do updates whenever you want too (on your own time), or do they have to be authorized by JJP (if on the clock)? I assume being an unlicensed theme makes updates easier. Is there a certain about of beta testing it has to go thru? Or do you pretty much call the shots?
Not trying to snoop on JJP, just wondering about the process.

Everything has to be authorized unless I do it in my free time. All games do have a beta update channel now but it's up to us as a team to decided how much testing is needed for each update.

#12342 2 years ago

I also like the idea of a nice and interesting ending of wizard mode(s) and I would add the thought of a little bit more of a challenge. With DI it feels like very hard to reach Armageddon and even harder to reach Showdown. But if you reach one, both are easy to win. In fact I never missed to win the modes at all...

With all other machines I own it is a bit simpler to reach or the same as with DI, but then it is really hard to finish...

I also see the error messages at boot up, but also without any problems caused by it.

And last but not least I would add a +1 in regards of staying "logged in" at Scorbit, if chosen even if the app is closed. Making it possible to log in once as a one player in a home location and earning archivements and highscores even without keeping the app online all the time...

#12343 2 years ago

I don't understand all the rules of crazy Emoji overload? There is a hurry up on the screen of the phone. But how can we take this points?

#12344 2 years ago
Quoted from TICTAC:

I don't understand all the rules of crazy Emoji overload? There is a hurry up on the screen of the phone. But how can we take this points?

clear the emoji's from the screen by hitting orbits and the center if i recall. do it rapidly you beat the mode. Otherwise its a slow clearing by hitting ramps and orbits.

#12345 2 years ago
Quoted from pinballizfun:

clear the emoji's from the screen by hitting orbits and the center if i recall. do it rapidly you beat the mode. Otherwise its a slow clearing by hitting ramps and orbits.

Just today (and some other times before) I seemed to have beaten the mode by getting a lot hits in rapid succession in the jets. I'm still confused about how that mode works. Yes, the ramps and the phone are lit during the mode, but it looks like you can also beat it by enough switch hits or something.

#12346 2 years ago

Can a SW update affect magnet behavior?

It might be a coincidence, but since I applied the latest DI update, the theater magnet cannot properly capture and eject the ball toward the top right. It seems the ball is simply released and falls down toward the drain

Is there a SW setting which control the magnet behavior? I tried to look it up, could not find it

Otherwise, if not SW... What else? It was working fine before, so I'm quite puzzled

Regards

#12347 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

It might be a coincidence, but since I applied the latest DI update, the theater magnet cannot properly capture and eject the ball toward the top right. It seems the ball is simply released and falls down toward the drain
Is there a SW setting which control the magnet behavior? I tried to look it up, could not find it
Otherwise, if not SW... What else? It was working fine before, so I'm quite puzzled
Regards

Depends on what software version you were on but absolutely.

There is indeed a setting for the theater magnet behavior. Sorry to say I can’t remember where it’s at and not in front of game, but it’s there.

#12348 2 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Regards

Tests, Device Tests, Theater Magnet

You will have to test how it works on yours to determine what's best for you. I have mine at -130 with the mylar removed from the top of the magnet.

On another note, I recommend doing a settings backup and restore (in utilities) whenever doing a software update. You may have wiped out your own theater magnet setting when you did the update.

Junky

#12349 2 years ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Everything has to be authorized unless I do it in my free time. All games do have a beta update channel now but it's up to us as a team to decided how much testing is needed for each update.

How can we help to make this happen?

Also out of interest, how much time would you estimate to:

- Cycle bobs targets through pop bumpers (under used shot and conveniently adds randomness and integrates with diverter arm)
- Keep the city destroyed rather than resetting after Armageddon.
- Increase jackpot callout volume
- Add a little something after Showdown

#12350 2 years ago
Quoted from Had:

How can we help to make this happen?
Also out of interest, how much time would you estimate to:
- Cycle bobs targets through pop bumpers (under used shot and conveniently adds randomness and integrates with diverter arm)
- Keep the city destroyed rather than resetting after Armageddon.
- Increase jackpot callout volume
- Add a little something after Showdown

Why do you want -> - Keep the city destroyed rather than resetting after Armageddon.

You go through the modes again after armageddon, so redestroying the city shows your new progress and how well you did on each mode. The whole mode shows you going through a quantum time shift....so keeping it destroyed serves what purpose?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Olympia, WA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,723 posts in this topic. You are on page 247 of 275.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/247?hl=grabul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.