pasted_image (resized).png
3D1ACA23-463F-4497-B93D-9AE492C9964B (resized).jpeg
95750394-E3C0-4DA3-B878-20867CC1B642 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8906 (resized).png
IMG_8902 (resized).png
IMG_8903 (resized).png
IMG_0779 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12,864 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 258.
#12251 7 months ago
Quoted from dug:

Newer code basically makes the drones do nothing. They will spin once in a while only for a second or so to keep the motors from burning out.

Which is a shame that its not a software option to control how often they fire. I added resistors to the drones to slow down the motors to keep them from burning up so theoretically could have them be fired much more often now. But, not really a big deal.

#12252 7 months ago

I posted this video about 8 months ago after repairing my drones (and running 1.73).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/235#post-6137475

It shows what my drones do during the game. Yes, they typically run for 1s or less. They run when the game makes the "whirl" sound and at other times. The game controls each drone individually, I haven't spent any time trying to understand when it controls each drone.

Not sure if others see the same or different, but it's one data point

#12253 7 months ago
Quoted from dug:

Newer code basically makes the drones do nothing. They will spin once in a while only for a second or so to keep the motors from burning out.

BUT is it any less than the prior updates where they made this change? It has been like that on my game since I bought it years ago. Vs. the very early code where they spun so much they broke

#12254 7 months ago

I made it today to showdown. It is a great wizard mode, but I think it needs some love/coding. There must be something special when beating it. As it is you don’t really notice it and you feel like was that all ? There’s something missing to have more wow effect.

#12255 7 months ago

Ok...
I'm pulling my hair out with this update/wifi/scorbit.

My DI will NOT stay connected to my wifi network, or save the wifi password. So frustrating.

It connects and everything appears to be working in the menu.

Then I open my scorbit app. I scan the QR code, or find my venue and my game (see pics). Then the app changes to a blank white screen and stays there. Then I check the network settings on DI and it shows no network connection. AND my password has been forgotten.
I have to keep entering in the password each time.

I've tried reinstalling 1.75.
I've tried deleting the game and venue from the scorbit app.
I've tried reinstalling the scorbit app.

Anyone else have these problems?

Any help would be appreciated

Junky

Screenshot_20211017-212435_Scorbit (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211017-212443_Scorbit (resized).jpg
#12256 7 months ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Ok...
I'm pulling my hair out with this update/wifi/scorbit.
My DI will NOT stay connected to my wifi network, or save the wifi password. So frustrating.
It connects and everything appears to be working in the menu.
Then I open my scorbit app. I scan the QR code, or find my venue and my game (see pics). Then the app changes to a blank white screen and stays there. Then I check the network settings on DI and it shows no network connection. AND my password has been forgotten.
I have to keep entering in the password each time.
I've tried reinstalling 1.75.
I've tried deleting the game and venue from the scorbit app.
I've tried reinstalling the scorbit app.
Anyone else have these problems?
Junky

Have you tried replacing the usb WiFi adapter?

#12257 7 months ago

Junky sorry for the trouble. I’m going to check out your account now.

#12258 7 months ago

Ok...
Junky
[quoted image][quoted image]

I sent you an email. We'll figure it out!

#12259 7 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I made it today to showdown. It is a great wizard mode, but I think it needs some love/coding. There must be something special when beating it. As it is you don’t really notice it and you feel like was that all ? There’s something missing to have more wow effect.

I have been saying this for a long time. Showdown is an awesome wizard mode, but also, probably the most anticlimactic.

Something definitely should happen when you defeat it. I was thinking flippers die, and some sort of power down effect with the lights. Kind of like WOZ when the witch melts.

The only other thing I would love to see, is have Chaos In Quantum city more relevant towards your progress. I occasionally just let the balls drain to get back to the core game unless I have SIMs to collect.

Aside from that, it's a fantastic game, and I'm happy to own it for a second time!

#12260 7 months ago

Are you sure your machine is not on the edge of your wifi signal? Can you try to connect, then go to the network status page in the menu, and sit there for a while to see if your connection goes in and out?

#12261 7 months ago

Update..

I got everything working. I guess the problem was the USB Wi-Fi dongle plugged into the USB extension cable at the cash box. Once I was able to pull my dialed in out of its location and access the back box I tried using the Wi-Fi dongle directly connected in the motherboard. The machine is saving the password and staying connected to my Wi-Fi now.

But... for about 20 minutes the scorbit app on my android phone would not function correctly even though the machine was still connected to my Wi-Fi. The app continued showing a white screen each time I would try selecting my game.

Now when I start a game on the machine it allows me to claim the player and then the scorbit app functions correctly. I'm not sure what changed on the app, but everything is working now!

I must admit having unlockable challenges on a pinball machine is a cool new concept. And how fitting for it to be on a dialed-in machine. A++

Thank you to those who reached out and tried to help.

Junky

#12262 7 months ago

Is there any benefit to updating the dialed-in software to 1.75 beta 2 over 1.75?

#12263 7 months ago

Is there any benefit to updating the dialed-in software to 1.75 beta 2 over 1.75?

No there isn't.

#12264 7 months ago

Hey dr_light

I've got a question / observation with 1.75 and achievements.

Why is it every time I start a game, even if I haven't claimed the player, I get an achievement that says

"WELCOME TO QUANTUM CITY! PLAYED 1 GAME OF DIALED IN!"

Seems out of place...

#12265 7 months ago

This feature is pretty awesome in my opinion.
As you play a game your name is displayed next to your score (instead of the generic player 1, 2, etc).
I didn't expect this feature. Love it

20211018_113937 (resized).jpg
#12266 7 months ago
Quoted from altan:

Hey dr_light
I've got a question / observation with 1.75 and achievements.
Why is it every time I start a game, even if I haven't claimed the player, I get an achievement that says
"WELCOME TO QUANTUM CITY! PLAYED 1 GAME OF DIALED IN!"
Seems out of place...

Hmm. sounds like a bug. I'll look into it. Thanks for bringing it up.

#12267 7 months ago

This feature is pretty awesome in my opinion.
As you play a game your name is displayed next to your score (instead of the generic player 1, 2, etc).
I didn't expect this feature. Love it
[quoted image]

I'm glad you like it! It's one of my favorite features as well. That and how your name gets automatically put into the high score entry at game over.

#12268 7 months ago

This is my favorite achievement so far...

Image from iOS (resized).jpg

There may have been some Alexa ordering of goofy stuff going on at a pinball league event in the past...

#12269 7 months ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I'm glad you like it! It's one of my favorite features as well. That and how your name gets automatically put into the high score entry at game over.

In a future update can you add the functionality so that it automatically displays your name on a one player game? Right now it only shows it on a multiplayer game

#12270 7 months ago

In a future update can you add the functionality so that it automatically displays your name on a one player game? Right now it only shows it on a multiplayer game

Oh!

I was just looking into this... I never saw my name appear. I was just going to post... "That's an awesome feature but I'm not seeing it."

I'm connected to scorbit, claimed, but I get this

IMG_0106 (resized).jpeg

The scorbit app doesn't show my name either

IMG_0107 (resized).PNG

But at the end of the game, it DOES show my name (didn't take a pic).

#12271 7 months ago
Quoted from altan:

Oh!
I was just looking into this... I never saw my name appear. I was just going to post... "That's an awesome feature but I'm not seeing it."
I'm connected to scorbit, claimed, but I get this
[quoted image]
The scorbit app doesn't show my name either
[quoted image]
But at the end of the game, it DOES show my name (didn't take a pic).

Try a 2 player game

#12272 7 months ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I have been saying this for a long time. Showdown is an awesome wizard mode, but also, probably the most anticlimactic.
Something definitely should happen when you defeat it. I was thinking flippers die, and some sort of power down effect with the lights. Kind of like WOZ when the witch melts.
The only other thing I would love to see, is have Chaos In Quantum city more relevant towards your progress. I occasionally just let the balls drain to get back to the core game unless I have SIMs to collect.
Aside from that, it's a fantastic game, and I'm happy to own it for a second time!

Who must we contact that this will be done ? But after seeing how long potc has no update, I doubt that it will ever happen

#12273 7 months ago

Hi Guys:

Looking to buy a low plays HUO DI LE or Standard in the Dallas Fort Worth area. Must be great condition.

If you have one you are thinking of selling, please send me a private message.

Thanks.

Roger

#12274 7 months ago

JJP is in this thread just a few posts up - they see it. Wonka just got an amazing code update so who knows.

Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Who must we contact that this will be done ? But after seeing how long potc has no update, I doubt that it will ever happen

#12275 7 months ago

Does anybody know what the enhancements are with the new code? Did the bug that has inconsistent kick out at the phone scoop and that pulsing light on Betty get addressed?

#12276 7 months ago

Update..
I got everything working. I guess the problem was the USB Wi-Fi dongle plugged into the USB extension cable at the cash box. Once I was able to pull my dialed in out of its location and access the back box I tried using the Wi-Fi dongle directly connected in the motherboard. The machine is saving the password and staying connected to my Wi-Fi now...

Did you by chance use the JJP recommended WiFi dongle? Just curious since I ordered one from Amazon.

#12277 7 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

I think Ted Estes was on code.

#12278 7 months ago

Hey guys - anyone have the link that is recommended for the Wi-Fi dongle? Thanks

#12280 7 months ago

Just recently picked this game up (traded out Avengers and a little cash). Didn't know what to think but I knew I LOVED mechs and this game is loaded, this game is criminally underrated. Im glad its underrated though, otherwise I would not have been able to afford it with what prices have been doing lately.

Only issue ive seen was the sound "hissing" which seems common. Not all in line filters are created equal, first one all but muted all sounds out of the right speaker and phone, but the other filter I used I am getting all the sounds and NO hissing.

Anyways, loving this game, cant wait to try the scorbit stuff.

#12281 7 months ago

Has anyone tried one of those dongles that has both wifi and bluetooth in one?
Thanks

#12283 7 months ago

I would like to do something but the user interface would require a bit of redesign to make that happen. I'm shoehorning this into the old games. DI is the only game where it's an issue. Going forward, all games will be designed with this in mind.

I did just add this which will be in the next release. So it's at least showing it sometimes. Let me give it some thought. Maybe I can come up with something more.

di (resized).png
#12285 7 months ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Any reason why this one wouldn't work?

No idea if it would work or not. My link is for the one I use in my JJP games and it works.

LTG : )

#12286 7 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

No idea if it would work or not. My link is for the one I use in my JJP games and it works.
LTG : )

Appreciate it, ordered one soon as I saw your link.

#12287 7 months ago

I have never seen so many di le game for sale,I bought mine after selling the first one,I hope there is no regrets!

#12288 7 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I have never seen so many di le game for sale,I bought mine after selling the first one,I hope there is no regrets!

So many people seem to struggle with the theme. Theme or no theme Dialed is endless fun. Uniquely original all around.

#12289 7 months ago
Quoted from dr_light:

I would like to do something but the user interface would require a bit of redesign to make that happen. I'm shoehorning this into the old games. DI is the only game where it's an issue. Going forward, all games will be designed with this in mind.
I did just add this which will be in the next release. So it's at least showing it sometimes. Let me give it some thought. Maybe I can come up with something more.
[quoted image]

That’s great. Can you also give showdown some more coding ?

#12290 7 months ago
Quoted from dr_light:

Thank you and JJP. I appreciate the effort.

I was going to play some Di now that I’m home from work. But the power is out!

#12291 7 months ago
Quoted from Tiltbob:

So many people seem to struggle with the theme. Theme or no theme Dialed is endless fun. Uniquely original all around.

I would argue that code is the issue. If they didn't like the theme, they likely wouldn't buy it.

#12292 7 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I would argue that code is the issue. If they didn't like the theme, they likely wouldn't buy it.

I don’t argue. So no need

#12293 7 months ago

I think it’s theme - and you don’t see them on location much not many people have time in on one then they make up their mind based on theme and what other people who have never played one says.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

#12294 7 months ago

It’s truly absurd but I hear people complain about the wrench woman, the the main guy on the cab / playfield wearing “mom jeans”. Plus they don’t like the power co. Guy art that movies back and forth.

Change those and I think the art obsessed wound love the game.

#12295 7 months ago
Quoted from altan:It’s truly absurd but I hear people complain about the wrench woman, the the main guy on the cab / playfield wearing “mom jeans”. Plus they don’t like the power co. Guy art that movies back and forth.

For sure, but I hear that mostly from those who don't want to buy the game. Those that are seekting get sick of the weak code. I'm with them, for the most part.

#12296 7 months ago
Quoted from altan:

It’s truly absurd but I hear people complain about the wrench woman, the the main guy on the cab / playfield wearing “mom jeans”. Plus they don’t like the power co. Guy art that movies back and forth.

I agree with the art critique, but it's more than that. The theme is goofy and weak. Maybe if they increased the intensity and feel of damage or armageddon or survival or something! But instead we have trains, emojis, spiders, drones, a cell phone, lottery tickets, selfies, BoB, Betty Wrench, Weather, Aliens.... It's soooo random. Maybe the character animation assets came from a canceled video game?

I've said it before and I'll say it again - BOTH the playfield and ruleset deserved better.

And I do own the game. Due to the theme, it's probably the best value game in all of pinball.

#12297 7 months ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who can’t get the theatre magnet working properly or even know how it is meant to work. I would sell mine if it wasn’t working properly as it is pivotal to the flow of the game and ruleset. I persisted and got it working perfectly. Yes, it was a challenge. When this game is set up well, the theme is not even the slightest thought in your mind.

#12298 7 months ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Unfortunately there are a lot of people who can’t get the theatre magnet working properly or even know how it is meant to work. I would sell mine if it wasn’t working properly as it is pivotal to the flow of the game and ruleset. I persisted and got it working perfectly. Yes, it was a challenge. When this game is set up well, the theme is not even the slightest thought in your mind.

Initially my game had a playfield protector installed and it DEFINITELY messed with the magnet behavior. Once the protector was removed, the game played great.

#12299 7 months ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Initially my game had a playfield protector installed and it DEFINITELY messed with the magnet behavior. Once the protector was removed, the game played great.

after adjust mine works fine with PP

#12300 7 months ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

That’s great. Can you also give showdown some more coding ?

I would love to. I'm the one that coded it in the first place (one of the first things I did here at JJP), and I've always wanted to give it some more love. It's just a matter of finding the time to do so.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
East Wenatchee, WA
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 415.00
7,500 (Firm)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Hesperia, CA
$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
San Jose, CA
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 599.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Machine - For Sale
Allen, TX
There are 12,864 posts in this topic. You are on page 246 of 258.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!