IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 273.
#12201 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

This thing hands out achievements quite easily. I'm surprised there isn't an achievement that says "Powered On!" because you powered on the game
But I'm sure there are harder ones to get. Here's what I got from a single play (and there's more, they don't all fit)
[quoted image]
This is pretty cool...

They get much harder.

#12202 2 years ago

A little geek network mumbo jumbo follows (I like to know what my network devices are doing). When Dialed In! is powered on, it (generally, this is from one example and a very high level summary) does the following in the first 60 seconds or so

1. Looks for api.scorebit.io
2. Connects to api.scorebit.io (172.67.69.180:443) via TLS 1.3 and exchanges some encrypted data
3. Apparently as a result of above, it also connects several times to 104.26.13.186:443 which is CLOUDFLARENET and exchanges some encrypted data
4. Looks for jjps.jerseyjackpinbal.com
5. Attempts to connect to jjps.jerseyjackpinball.com, but there's no service running. This occurs a few more times.
5. Looks for marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com
6. Connects to marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com (159.203.76.48:443) via TLS 1.2 and exchanges some encrypted data

So ...

This is all totally normal!
I'm happy to see my Dialed In! pinball isn't connecting to crazy/unexpected servers across the world.
I'm happy to see TLS 1.3 in use (or even TLS 1.2). You might be surprised the junk that gets deployed.

#12203 2 years ago

If I dont plan on using Scorbit, do you think I need this update? I have yet to update a JJP, and not sure if it's going to wipe my settings.

#12204 2 years ago

Unfortunately I'm having zero luck with the Bluetooth functionality.

First, I'm certain my Sony headphones are in pairing mode because they show up on my iPhone when I go to the Bluetooth pairing screen (along with other devices I've not previously paired against).

Dialed In is showing a zillion Bluetooth devices (because I have connected lighting), but never shows my Sony Headphones. It even shows my iPhone and my NVIDIA Shield. But the Sony headphones don't appear no matter how long I wait or how many times I tell it to restart bluetooth.

I'll be interested to hear how Bluetooth works for others. I suppose there's probably a discussion in GNR or maybe Wonka threads too.

This is the Bluetooth dongle I have. As far as I know, it's the OG one.

IMG_0089 (resized).jpegIMG_0089 (resized).jpeg

#12205 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Well, it does look like you've got the right bluetooth dongle and you are seeing connections. But from my experience, the bluetooth stack on linux is a random affair and the device support is very low. I was able to connect my Sony WH-1000mx2 headphones but trying to broadcast to my Denon receiver failed.

Keith

#12206 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

First, I'm certain my Sony headphones are in pairing mode because they show up on my iPhone when I go to the Bluetooth pairing screen (along with other devices I've not previously paired against).
Dialed In is showing a zillion Bluetooth devices (because I have connected lighting), but never shows my Sony Headphones. It even shows my iPhone and my NVIDIA Shield. But the Sony headphones don't appear no matter how long I wait or how many times I tell it to restart bluetooth.
I'll be interested to hear how Bluetooth works for others. I suppose there's probably a discussion in GNR or maybe Wonka threads too.
This is the Bluetooth dongle I have. As far as I know, it's the OG one.
[quoted image]

Same OG dongle I have too. I haven’t done update but am curious to see how I fair with the Bluetooth connectivity

#12207 2 years ago

Folks. Tried to update my DI and it completed successfully. However after the reboot I get this.. tried plugging in keyboard and hitting f2 or any key, same message appears.. Any ideas?

DD49AA25-6F8B-4D5E-AE1A-8D4D95B72167 (resized).jpegDD49AA25-6F8B-4D5E-AE1A-8D4D95B72167 (resized).jpeg
#12208 2 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Folks. Tried to update my DI and it completed successfully. However after the reboot I get this.. tried plugging in keyboard and hitting f2 or any key, same message appears.. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Sorry you are running into troubles. I didn't see anything like this. While this is just a guess, I'm assuming the upgrade didn't correctly write the data to the SSD so your SSD boot drive is not bootable. When I did mine, the upgrade operations in several iterations which appear to create and write to different partitions. Maybe one of these partitions didn't get created correctly.

After the update, Dialed In! certainly has a different boot (and I'd venture it takes a bit longer).

All that said, I'd try booting from your USB device again and attempting the full upgrade again. Did you see the "The update is complete" screen that I pictured in my post above? If that doesn't work, I'd try using unetbootin again and re-create the USB boot.

But that's just a couple of guesses.

#12209 2 years ago

For those who successfully installed the latest update - with the wi-fi dongle replacing the Bluetooth dongle on the USB extension cable by the coin door, where did you move the Bluetooth dongle to? I only see one available USB port on the motherboard I/O bracket inside the backbox. Is that where the Bluetooth dongle should go now? Also, before the latest update, was the only purpose of the Bluetooth dongle for the phone app that is now no longer supported?

#12210 2 years ago

I literally just came here to post this exact same question!

Quoted from BriFi:

For those who successfully installed the latest update - with the wi-fi dongle replacing the Bluetooth dongle on the USB extension cable by the coin door, where did you move the Bluetooth dongle to? I only see one available USB port on the motherboard I/O bracket inside the backbox. Is that where the Bluetooth dongle should go now? Also, before the latest update, was the only purpose of the Bluetooth dongle for the phone app that is now no longer supported?

#12211 2 years ago
Quoted from BriFi:

where did you move the Bluetooth dongle to?

Get one of these hubs. Plug bluetooth and WiFi dongles into a hub. Plug the hub into the USB cable by the cashbox.

USB Hub :

https://www.microcenter.com/product/485912/inland-4-port-usb-31-(gen-1-type-a)-hub---black

LTG : )

#12212 2 years ago

Is Bluetooth even needed though? No app support would this just potentially be for sound?

Quoted from LTG:

Get one of these hubs. Plug bluetooth and WiFi dongles into a hub. Plug the hub into the USB cable by the cashbox.
USB Hub :
https://www.microcenter.com/product/485912/inland-4-port-usb-31-(gen-1-type-a)-hub---black

#12213 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

Is Bluetooth even needed though? No app support would this just potentially be for sound?

For headphones. For app if you have it on a phone. So it doesn't come up in error if bluetooth dongle isn't plugged in.

#12214 2 years ago
Quoted from BriFi:

There's an open USB port on the computer in the backbox, I plugged the Bluetooth in there and the WiFi dongle to the extension cable inside the coin door.

#12215 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

For headphones. For app if you have it on a phone. So it doesn't come up in error if bluetooth dongle isn't plugged in.

Latest release doesn’t complain if there’s no Bluetooth. Also, per release notes, phone functionality has been removed.

#12216 2 years ago
Quoted from djsolzs:

If you end up like me (unable to get Bluetooth pairing working) then for the moment I’d say the Bluetooth dongle is of no value.

Btw, this is with my Sony 1000xm3 headphones.

#12217 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

If you end up like me (unable to get Bluetooth pairing working) then for the moment I’d say the Bluetooth dongle is of no value.
Btw, this is with my Sony 1000xm3 headphones.

Bluetooth is extremely difficult to work with as a developer of an app, in terms of providing a consistent experience.

#12218 2 years ago

Can’t update, tried several times and different usb Sticks , but it always ended this. Any idea ?

41E16852-D68C-487C-B7B8-556DA78A79AD (resized).jpeg41E16852-D68C-487C-B7B8-556DA78A79AD (resized).jpeg
#12219 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Can’t update, tried several times and different usb Sticks , but it always ended this. Any idea ?[quoted image]

You might want to check the checksum of that .iso image. It may be corrupted. Did you download it a second time already?

#12220 2 years ago

There are two places to download. USA and EU. Start over fresh with the one you didn't try first.

#12221 2 years ago

I tried both Eu and USA. Both with the same result

#12222 2 years ago

Your USB sticks. Are they 8GB to 16GB ?

You might search for people using rufus instead of unetbootin, maybe that would help ?

#12223 2 years ago
Quoted from sirlonzelot:

Can’t update, tried several times and different usb Sticks , but it always ended this. Any idea ?[quoted image]

I ran into this as well.

Initially it would mount the 32gb USB flash drive but then eventually boot off the ssd. I reformatted my flash drive, switched from unetbootin to rufus, and didn't make progress. Swapped 32gb flash drives (different manufacturer), and ran into the same corrupt-partition error using rufus. So I re-extracted using unetbootin and the update worked. I was planning to test a 3rd 16gb usb flash drive but thankfully didn't need it.

#12224 2 years ago

Not sure it’s worth the update to lose the phone app. It’s always cool to show that feature to folks who haven’t seen it.

#12225 2 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Not sure it’s worth the update to lose the phone app. It’s always cool to show that feature to folks who haven’t seen it.

What was your favorite part of the phone app?

#12226 2 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

I agree. I’m not sure I care about Scorbit. I am curious about the tweak to the ball save which may help my scores. But, occasionally, I find the app cool. Kids tend to like it and can relate to it. It’s a real shame that it was a hyped feature that they dropped. That said, I do prefer traditional methods of flipping myself. For now, I’ll probably hold off on updating.

#12227 2 years ago

I have to admit that any time I do a full install on a jjp I get nervous,this one worked fine but nothing on main screen during update process just the theater screen.

#12228 2 years ago

Yeah, I'm not going to bother with this update. Would have loved to see the effort go toward a true code update. *Sigh*

#12229 2 years ago

Regarding upgrading or not upgrading, to each their own. There's no wrong answer.

I'll offer my thoughts after limited use of 1.75

1. It's great JJP offered any update after > 2 years
2. It's full of smaller tweaks from diagnostics to gameplay
3. This might just be me being crazy, but I thought it felt more refined when I played it. Just seemed to play better. However, I admit I have no data to support this
4. I was never able to get the Bluetooth app working in the first place, so that functionality going away is no loss to me
5. The final verdict on Scorbit integration (and achievements) remains to be determined, but I really appreciate the functionality being added. I'm going to give it a go

So IMHO, as long as you don't mind losing the already questionable bluetooth app feature (which JJP removed from the App stores a while ago), it seems like a winner

#12230 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

So IMHO, as long as you don't mind losing the already questionable bluetooth app feature (which JJP removed from the App stores a while ago), it seems like a winner

So I’ll probably lose it whenever I get a new phone anyway, is that right?

#12231 2 years ago

Hey jsa

If I've got a Dialed In! in my home, do I need to scan the QR code and/or have my phone nearby each time I want to play a game? That seems to be the case ... hopeful it's not. I don't want to be required to access my phone just to play pinball at home.

Also, I'm seeing 2 issues / items. Any thoughts?

1. The QR button on the app doesn't recognize the QR code. Rather, I need to use the iPhone's camera app
2. Half the time the app hangs at Loading Session screen

... Altan

#12232 2 years ago

There's something wonky with the system time adjustment in this update. I can't connect to wifi since the system time is wrong, and anytime i try changing the time, I can't get the system time in PM. I select 17:00 and I get 9am on the system time. I tried all different combinations trying to get something to work. Somehow I then got the wife to work and it automatically changed the system time. And then that caused a disconnect on the Wifi at the same time. I gave up after screwing around with the wifi and system time for 90 minutes.

Such an annoying bug in the software.

#12233 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

There's something wonky with the system time adjustment in this update. I can't connect to wifi since the system time is wrong, and anytime i try changing the time, I can't get the system time in PM. I select 17:00 and I get 9am on the system time. I tried all different combinations trying to get something to work. Somehow I then got the wife to work and it automatically changed the system time. And then that caused a disconnect on the Wifi at the same time. I gave up after screwing around with the wifi and system time for 90 minutes.

Why do you believe connecting to WIFi is related to system time?

Having correct date is important for most certificate validation but not to associate with WIFi.

When I did it, after I got WiFi connected, the pin got time from NTP. You do need to set the Timezone because the pin doesn’t know that.

#12234 2 years ago

To me, that's the only oddball here. I've tried 4 wifi networks and a guest hotspot with no authentication and nothing works. I've never had a device have issues like this before.

#12235 2 years ago

I was able to connect via Bluetooth to my jLab ear buds no problems. I still need to purchase a WiFi dongle to try to connect.

Quoted from yaksplat:

I also couldn’t get the clock to cooperate with my efforts. Put in correct time zone and it still didn’t change anything

#12236 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

To me, that's the only oddball here. I've tried 4 wifi networks and a guest hotspot with no authentication and nothing works. I've never had a device have issues like this before.

I think they are two independent problems...

One suggestion (if you have a PC)... put the WiFi dongle in the PC and try connecting to your network using it.

#12237 2 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I was able to connect via Bluetooth to my jLab ear buds no problems. I still need to purchase a WiFi dongle to try to connect.

I also couldn’t get the clock to cooperate with my efforts. Put in correct time zone and it still didn’t change anything

One thing that bit me when trying to set the timezone is that you need to press the state button to have the settings stick / be saved.

(Oh, great to "hear" the jLab ear buds worked!!!)

#12238 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

One thing that bit me when trying to set the timezone is that you need to press the state button to have the settings stick / be saved.
(Oh, great to "hear" the jLab ear buds worked!!!)

Yeah I notice the start button to save feature. I thought by figuring that part of it out it would stick but it did not. Ugh

#12239 2 years ago

Finally got it. Mounted the dongle directly on the motherboard and all is well. It just did not like the extension for some reason.

#12240 2 years ago

Having to trade the Dialed In app for Scorbit is a real bummer to me. Obviously I really want to get Scorbit on all my games, the whole thing is super compelling, but I also like playing pinball with my phone, the kids also love it, they almost only play with the phone actually, must be a generational thing.

I'm pretty sure JJP got drowned into service tickets for the bluetooth connexion, it's random between devices, often breaks between different Android version and frequently gets lost with the phone maker firmware (Samsung typically) that sits on top of the Android base, but when it works, it's a one of a kind feature, never seen before and never seen after, almost a piece of pinball history on its own.

Giving up on that, kinda sucks actually.

#12241 2 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Finally got it. Mounted the dongle directly on the motherboard and all is well. It just did not like the extension for some reason.

Maybe the extension cable doesn't have power wired.

#12242 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Having to trade the Dialed In app for Scorbit is a real bummer to me. Obviously I really want to get Scorbit on all my games, the whole thing is super compelling, but I also like playing pinball with my phone, the kids also love it, they almost only play with the phone actually, must be a generational thing.
I'm pretty sure JJP got drowned into service tickets for the bluetooth connexion, it's random between devices, often breaks between different Android version and frequently gets lost with the phone maker firmware (Samsung typically) that sits on top of the Android base, but when it works, it's a one of a kind feature, never seen before and never seen after, almost a piece of pinball history on its own.
Giving up on that, kinda sucks actually.

The reality here is that JJP could make this work over WiFi or Ethernet (Phone communicates over WiFi, then end up at Dialed In via WiFi or Ethernet) and it would probably be 100x more consistent. The latency shouldn't be any worse as long as your WiFi network isn't congested.

Maybe you can convince JJP to head down that road...

#12243 2 years ago

Just installed the update, and it could just be placebo effect but I did feel that some new lighting effects were added, but hard to tell.

#12244 2 years ago

Wanted to post an update...

I got Bluetooth headphones working!

Details:

1. These are Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones
2. They don't work with Dialed In! 1.75 by default
3. If I use the Sony Headphone app and change the configuration named "Sound Quality Mode" from "Priority on Sound Quality" to "Priority on Stable Connection", they will pair with Dialed In!

Some observations when using Bluetooth audio

1. The audio would break up pretty badly while NOT PLAYING. This is odd. Once you start a game and it gets going, the audio seems to be pretty stable. But if the game ended, remaining sound effects would break up
2. It has noticeable latency. I didn't measure it but I'd guess 300ms to 500ms.

Bottom line?

1. Hurrah it is (kind of ) working
2. It's probably best to just stick with a wired solution
3. If your Bluetooth headphones aren't working and you still want to try it out, see if your headphones have a sound quality mode you can downgrade

Note:

1. I did plug the Bluetooth dongle directly into the PC in the backbox. While that's a pretty short distance, I do wonder if lack of shielding somewhere is making this location non-optimal.
2. I might try moving it to the coin box area and see if the drop outs go away, but since the drop out has an odd correlation with gameplay, I'm not optimistic this will help

#12245 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

The reality here is that JJP could make this work over WiFi or Ethernet (Phone communicates over WiFi, then end up at Dialed In via WiFi or Ethernet) and it would probably be 100x more consistent. The latency shouldn't be any worse as long as your WiFi network isn't congested.
Maybe you can convince JJP to head down that road...

They removed the app from the store a while ago, I think they gave up them and made it just a bit more official

#12246 2 years ago

Does anyone have a copy of the app or know where to find one?

Maurizio

#12247 2 years ago
Quoted from maur:

Does anyone have a copy of the app or know where to find one?
Maurizio

Yeah, anyone have the apk?

#12248 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Wanted to post an update...
I got Bluetooth headphones working!
Details:
1. These are Sony WH-1000XM3 headphones
2. They don't work with Dialed In! 1.75 by default
3. If I use the Sony Headphone app and change the configuration named "Sound Quality Mode" from "Priority on Sound Quality" to "Priority on Stable Connection", they will pair with Dialed In!
Some observations when using Bluetooth audio
1. The audio would break up pretty badly while NOT PLAYING. This is odd. Once you start a game and it gets going, the audio seems to be pretty stable. But if the game ended, remaining sound effects would break up
2. It has noticeable latency. I didn't measure it but I'd guess 300ms to 500ms.
Bottom line?
1. Hurrah it is (kind of ) working
2. It's probably best to just stick with a wired solution
3. If your Bluetooth headphones aren't working and you still want to try it out, see if your headphones have a sound quality mode you can downgrade
Note:
1. I did plug the Bluetooth dongle directly into the PC in the backbox. While that's a pretty short distance, I do wonder if lack of shielding somewhere is making this location non-optimal.
2. I might try moving it to the coin box area and see if the drop outs go away, but since the drop out has an odd correlation with gameplay, I'm not optimistic this will help

My Focal's linked up 1st shot, but everything else is the same and I'm using coin door factory bluetooth dongle. The audio before you hit the start button is very weird.

#12249 2 years ago

Does the latest code basically render the drone blades motionless? My drones work in test mode... during gameplay, nothin!

Is there a setting?

#12250 2 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Does the latest code basically render the drone blades motionless? My drones work in test mode... during gameplay, nothin!
Is there a setting?

Newer code basically makes the drones do nothing. They will spin once in a while only for a second or so to keep the motors from burning out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 22.50
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 245 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/245?hl=maur and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.