IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 273.
#12101 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

3 disaster modes or Bob modes? Thinking the latter….

Disaster modes. EB is set that way by default. Maybe your settings were changed? I can go in later today and see if I can find a setting for that. I’m guessing there is one, but I’m not sure if I ever looked. (There’s a setting for everything.)

#12102 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Disaster modes. EB is set that way by default. Maybe your settings were changed? I can go in later today and see if I can find a setting for that. I’m guessing there is one, but I’m not sure if I ever looked. (There’s a setting for everything.)

oh if it's 3 disasters that's def the issue. I didn't try that! I knew it was wired right haha. Thanks!

#12103 2 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

oh if it's 3 disasters that's def the issue. I didn't try that! I knew it was wired right haha. Thanks!

Ah, glad nothing is wrong then! Yeah, three disasters is way easier than getting three Bob modes. You can’t really aim for the lowest Bob target, so activating those modes is always a bit random for me.

#12104 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Ah, glad nothing is wrong then! Yeah, three disasters is way easier than getting three Bob modes. You can’t really aim for the lowest Bob target, so activating those modes is always a bit random for me.

Yep all good works perfect

#12105 2 years ago

Hi gang ! Im new one here having just scored a NOS Dialed In about a month ago … Im a long time collector (6 woodrails and a wedgehead) since 1980 and have been looking for a ‘modern’ machine for over 15 years. Had a chance to play Dialed In at a location a little over a month ago … it only took 5 games to get me hooked and i searched for a few weeks till I found a new one (distributer showroom demo with 133 games on the odo) …
Had a few issues :
1 the bob door but it was an easy fix … remove latch coil armature and bend lock tab from 90 degerrs to about 110 degrees .. works perfect
2 flipper area led board had a bad segment … JJP sent one quick … easy fix number 2
3 phone display wonky … I installed the lermods translite kit and discovered the left monitor latch had come loose (prob a bad bounce during
shipment) … fixed latch and tightened monitor connections … and phone glitches stopped .. having built PCs for decades I know multi monitor displays are picky and a loose connection in one can cause problems in another display … so far a week without a blankout … may want to check that before getting a new one

Just installed Ninjas and used 10grand wax on playfield … almost too fast for words !!!
For me paying $9750 for a pin was stupid money but well worth it

NOW my question … How do you light the specials in the outlanes … cant find any documention on that … btw Ive gotten to insane level 2 so far 1.7 mil …

#12106 2 years ago
Quoted from StachedMan:

NOW my question … How do you light the specials in the outlanes … cant find any documention on that … btw Ive gotten to insane level 2 so far 1.7 mil …

Welcome to the club! AFAIK special is point based (adjustable). Maybe you can get it as a mystery (drone delivery), but I can't recall ever getting it that way.

#12107 2 years ago

Thanxxx Ive been in the settings a lot but must have missed that one … had to get it off free play (ugh) and do some tweeks in the settings … I set all of my machines on coin so I can save up for the next addition LOL

#12108 2 years ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I forget the exact spot in the settings. But find the theater magnet and adjust to -100. I know others basically said the same thing but I've walked a streamer through the fix and he didn't understand what to change and nobody said the numbers. - 100 might not be your sweet spot but that was the value that helped me. Usually the sdtm drain happens when it attempts to throw the ball back and just drops it instead. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll screenshot it.

Thanks for the tip! It saved me two SDTM drains today!

I still can't get over how this is the least expensive JJP game. Crazy.

#12109 2 years ago

Thanxxx Ive been in the settings a lot but must have missed that one … had to get it off free play (ugh) and do some tweeks in the settings … I set all of my machines on coin so I can save up for the next addition LOL<

Welcome,I have owned all of jacks games except pirates and I like dialed in the best!

#12110 2 years ago

I've got a printed Dialed In manual

PM if interested. $60, free shipping (domestic U.S.)

20210827_232630 (resized).jpg20210827_232630 (resized).jpg
#12111 2 years ago

After being Bitch slapped by LTG lol I’m here being lazy asking where the setting for theatre magnet adjustment is?

#12112 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

After being Bitch slapped by LTG lol I’m here being lazy asking where the setting for theatre magnet adjustment is?

It's in the $60 manual (with free shipping) mentioned just above

#12113 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

It's in the $60 manual (with free shipping) mentioned just above

The hell with Pinside I’m done being bitch slapped I’ll figure it out myself!
Haha

#12114 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The hell with Pinside I’m done being bitch slapped I’ll figure it out myself!
Haha

This manual has free shipping too

https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/DI_Manual%203_3%20November%202018.pdf

Check out page E-3
and more specifically, page B-18

... Altan

#12115 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

This manual has free shipping too
https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/DI_Manual%203_3%20November%202018.pdf
Check out page E-3
and more specifically, page B-18
... Altan

Thanks man

#12116 2 years ago

If you have an LE or CE its totally free … I have an LE and they sent it gratis ….

#12117 2 years ago

I got my Dialed In as NOS about a month ago … does anybody know what you need to do to light the outlane special lites ? I cant find ANY info on that …..

#12118 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

It's in the theater magnet test under device tests

#12119 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It's in the theater magnet test under device tests

Thanks Steve set it on -100 and it worked perfectly.And oddly since update my cell for has been flawless.Don’t understand why but my grandpa always said to not look a gift horse in the mouth?

#12120 2 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Pinballomatic helped you here.

I was asking because I couldn't find anything theater related in Willy Wonka, the game or manual. So I wasn't sure if you confused threads or meant something else in Willy.

You got me going.
LTG : )

#12121 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Pinballomatic helped you here.
I was asking because I couldn't find anything theater related in Willy Wonka, the game or manual. So I wasn't sure if you confused threads or meant something else in Willy.
You got me going.
LTG : )

Dude I just thought you were messing with me for posting on wrong thread

#12122 2 years ago
Quoted from StachedMan:

I got my Dialed In as NOS about a month ago … does anybody know what you need to do to light the outlane special lites ? I cant find ANY info on that …..

Special is lit once you collect 6 SIM cards.

Default setting is points, others are extra ball or free game.

#12123 2 years ago

I want to remove the cliffy on the phone scoop and replace it with mylar. It's bent on the side and make it hard to shoot.

Is there a tutorial somewhere to remove the cliffy ? Do I just pull on it or is it more subtle ?

#12124 2 years ago

Just an observatio from an old pinball guy (been playing since 1965 … collecting since 1980) i grew up playing games on location an1 some sucked and some were good … BUT back in the day we never bitched that some shots were almost impossible … thats designed in … … so
Here is my 2 cents on the protectors (mine has original jjp ones) … its the way it was designed … just play the machine the way it is … start modifying playfield stuff what is next … moving ramps and posts to make life easier ? Pat Lawler machines were designed to be captivating AND infuriating at the same time … Dialed In is the epitome of his design .. love it or leave it …

#12125 2 years ago
Quoted from StachedMan:

Just an observatio from an old pinball guy (been playing since 1965 … collecting since 1980) i grew up playing games on location an1 some sucked and some were good … BUT back in the day we never bitched that some shots were almost impossible … thats designed in … … so
Here is my 2 cents on the protectors (mine has original jjp ones) … its the way it was designed … just play the machine the way it is … start modifying playfield stuff what is next … moving ramps and posts to make life easier ? Pat Lawler machines were designed to be captivating AND infuriating at the same time … Dialed In is the epitome of his design .. love it or leave it …

You are in a fabulous mood today! Thanks for your uplifting opinion

#12126 2 years ago

Observation part 2
On the other hand the processor on the motherboard is a biz chip good for MS word or Excel stuff … NOT a serious gaming CPU … It a 2.8 ghz celeron (2 core 2 meg cache) … this game code need a 4 core i5 or i7 at 3.0 + ghz to really run right (the MSI H81 mobo supports them) … im convinced my phone glitches are not from the phone but a way underachiever of an economy $40 cpu … (btw ive been building modding and hotrodding gaming computers since the early 90’s)

Any Dialed In pinhead computer geek like me on here with any insights ?

#12127 2 years ago

I hope that was a good smile LOL … im new here and still learning the ropes …

#12128 2 years ago
Quoted from StachedMan:

Observation part 2
On the other hand the processor on the motherboard is a biz chip good for MS word or Excel stuff … NOT a serious gaming CPU … It a 2.8 ghz celeron (2 core 2 meg cache) … this game code need a 4 core i5 or i7 at 3.0 + ghz to really run right (the MSI H81 mobo supports them) … im convinced my phone glitches are not from the phone but a way underachiever of an economy $40 cpu … (btw ive been building modding and hotrodding gaming computers since the early 90’s)
Any Dialed In pinhead computer geek like me on here with any insights ?

You think it needs an i5 chip? I am surprised that it has something as beefy as 2.8Ghz 2 core. I am not doubting you, but the game is mainly just playing videos... it's not doing any hardcore rendering in realtime.

#12129 2 years ago
Quoted from StachedMan:

I hope that was a good smile LOL … im new here and still learning the ropes …

I noticed on one of your posts that you had put Ninja pinballs in your Dialed In. Beware they will become magnetized quickly and start causing ruckus in you machine

#12130 2 years ago
Quoted from StachedMan:

As a long time video game player I couldnt agree more with you. Everyone is bitching old games are too hard instead of blaming their own lack of skills killed by a decade of no game over video games the norm since gaming is a multi billion dollar industry.

#12131 2 years ago

As far as the processor ‘just doing video clips’ its doing THREE at a time while running an led light show while processing audio and dealing with switch inputs and coil drivers at the same time with no time lag … if you are doing video console stuff maybe but it NOT serious gaming material

#12132 2 years ago

Processor rant number 2
Look on Intels web site and it says that celerons are ‘entry level’ chips ‘ not meant for serious gaming stuff … entry level either intel or amd just not up to multiple simultaneous gaming inputs computations and running multiple
Outputs …

#12133 2 years ago
Quoted from StachedMan:

Processor rant number 2
Look on Intels web site and it says that celerons are ‘entry level’ chips ‘ not meant for serious gaming stuff … entry level either intel or amd just not up to multiple simultaneous gaming inputs computations and running multiple
Outputs …

I still don’t think it is an issue. The minimum spec for fortnite is i3 - and it is rendering a 3D first person with 99 other active players. It probably doesn’t play great on an i3, but by the time you get to an i5 most people won’t experience many problems.

#12134 2 years ago

Well processor rant number 3
Try using a celeron processor on a micro atx nmodo on a pc to decode 3 videos in 3 different resolutions at the same time plus multiple audio tracks while controlling two outboards at the same time …

#12135 2 years ago

But thats just video game lag stuff … pinball is a totally different animal .. a video game is dealing a set controller and virtual stuff … pinball is a flood of real life inputs from the playfield not just one set from a ps 4 controller…

#12136 2 years ago
Quoted from StachedMan:

But thats just video game lag stuff … pinball is a totally different animal .. a video game is dealing a set controller and virtual stuff … pinball is a flood of real life inputs from the playfield not just one set from a ps 4 controller…

Are your plans to upgrade?

#12137 2 years ago

I plan to at some point … thinking of just building a hot rodded motherboard you can get a MSI H81 from newegg for $56 the do upgrades memory and processor on that and not mod the original … was planning to get a spare motherboard anyway while they are available

#12138 2 years ago
Quoted from StachedMan:

I plan to at some point … thinking of just building a hot rodded motherboard you can get a MSI H81 from newegg for $56 the do upgrades memory and processor on that and not mod the original … was planning to get a spare motherboard anyway while they are available

Please document and share when finished. I’m sure all of us will be interested in the results

#12139 2 years ago

I would have thought a computer geek pinhead like me would have done it already on here … lol

#12140 2 years ago

If anybody is having a Bob trap door not closing instead of bending brackets and putting oil and grease where it should not be here is my solution : remove the latch armature spring and stretch it out a bit … (im old skool EM mechanic and the spring is WAY too strong for the coil and armature gap) .. putting oil n grease in places it does not belong just causes problems later and gunks up thre works … Ive restored many woodrail and wedgeheads and the big problem was grease and oil in places its not meant to be and just crapping up the works … BTW Deoxit D5 electronics cleaner works wonders getting rid of that …..

#12141 2 years ago

Bob trap door part 2
If you do the trap door test and the close relay doesnt close the door put a finger on the coil and run the test .. if the coil vibrates a little and does not close the door its the spring tension … just stretch it out a little …

#12142 2 years ago
Quoted from StachedMan:

I would have thought a computer geek pinhead like me would have done it already on here … lol

Did this 2 years ago…. Core i3-4170 @3.7GHz works like a charm fixed all the lag before they tried to fix in s/w. Another note is that you don’t need a bunch of cores as the game code runs single threaded

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/175#post-5145382

#12143 2 years ago

Mageek
Im having the same problems on my DILE born 01/18 along with during busy events the phone screen blanks out between video clips and sometimes just stays dark until I power cucle the machine … ive checked the video connections and they seem fine and the phone itself works fine other then that … not weird color changes that others here have reported … just seems like the software ‘loses’ it when its doing a lot of things at once … only one problem I got mine NOS last month with the warranty … wonder if a cpu swap would boid it ..,

#12144 2 years ago

I am a newbie on here
I have 2 dumb wuestions …
How do you ‘quote’ somebody?
How do you set your location?
I cant seem to find a ‘profile edit’ on here or a help page

#12145 2 years ago
Quoted from StachedMan:

I am a newbie on here
I have 2 dumb wuestions …
How do you ‘quote’ somebody?
How do you set your location?
I cant seem to find a ‘profile edit’ on here or a help page

1 to quote someone click on the quotes under the person you want to quote.

2 click on your picture in the circle, that is where you set up stuff.

Screenshot_20210903-142840_Samsung Internet (resized).jpgScreenshot_20210903-142840_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#12146 2 years ago
Quoted from StachedMan:

Mageek
Im having the same problems on my DILE born 01/18 along with during busy events the phone screen blanks out between video clips and sometimes just stays dark until I power cucle the machine … ive checked the video connections and they seem fine and the phone itself works fine other then that … not weird color changes that others here have reported … just seems like the software ‘loses’ it when its doing a lot of things at once … only one problem I got mine NOS last month with the warranty … wonder if a cpu swap would boid it ..,

If it's still under warranty, call JJP and get help from them. Upgrading the CPU will not help the blanking issues.

#12147 2 years ago

I'm back in the club!

Sold my LE are few years ago, and lately I've been itching to play it again, so I found a really nice standard.

Can someone share a pic of their left and right adjustable posts (if you still have them at factory default).

Also, what is this thing on top of the head? I don't recall having this on my LE.

And, in the latest code, are SIM cards held if you drain. I remember when I had my game before that you'd lose your chance at SIMs once you drained. I know you can adjust this in the options, but curious to know if they made this change.

Thanks!

PXL_20210906_064428910 (resized).jpgPXL_20210906_064428910 (resized).jpg
#12148 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm back in the club!
Sold my LE are few years ago, and lately I've been itching to play it again, so I found a really nice standard.
Can someone share a pic of their left and right adjustable posts (if you still have them at factory default).
Also, what is this thing on top of the head? I don't recall having this on my LE.
And, in the latest code, are SIM cards held if you drain. I remember when I had my game before that you'd lose your chance at SIMs once you drained. I know you can adjust this in the options, but curious to know if they made this change.
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Sim card carryover is just an option in the settings. I think its been there for a long time. And the thing on top is a flasher when the camera takes pictures. I think the thought process was that most standards would be routed, and in dark places, so they added a camera flasher up there.

#12149 2 years ago
Quoted from WizardsCastle:

I'm back in the club!
Thanks!
[quoted image]

Older runs had the light for taking photos on top of the head.

The SIM card save is in settings but I’m not sure if the option came with one of the updates or alway been in the code

#12150 2 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Sim card carryover is just an option in the settings. I think its been there for a long time. And the thing on top is a flasher when the camera takes pictures. I think the thought process was that most standards would be routed, and in dark places, so they added a camera flasher up there.

When I had the game, the SIM carry-over was disabled by default. I only got to play one game last night after getting it set up, but I am pretty sure I finished a mode, lost the ball, and SIM was still lit. I also reset everything to factory default before playing.

And, can I bug someone for a pic of their left and right adjustable outlane posts (someone who has not changed from factory).

Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Lighting - Led
Lermods

There are 13,640 posts in this topic. You are on page 243 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/243 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.