Screenshot_20211017-212443_Scorbit (resized).jpg
41E16852-D68C-487C-B7B8-556DA78A79AD (resized).jpeg
DD49AA25-6F8B-4D5E-AE1A-8D4D95B72167 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0089 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0085 (resized).PNG
IMG_0082 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0084 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 12355 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 248.
#12051 75 days ago
Quoted from arcadem:

So, how do I get the BETA release for my DI? What code do I need to be running first?

Have a look here... https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-open-beta-program

#12052 75 days ago

Somehow it’s weird that updates are rare for DI compared to other JJP pinball machines

#12053 75 days ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Somehow it’s weird that updates are rare for DI compared to other JJP pinball machines

The games great, what else do you expect. The games long finished. The fact they develop the updates for previous models is a credit to them. That’s a cost. Any other industry the consumer is going to pay however they structure it for future development.

#12054 74 days ago

Well I’ve owned this game on many occassions and miss it so I thought it’s time to rejoin but this time, go all in with the CE. I still think Dialed in is one of JJP’s best and it will look good next to my Wonka CE (which btw, new code is a game changer). Should have the CE this week.

I’m rereading the owners thread as I’ve missed many posts but the one thing I wanted to check on is that SIM shot. I’m starting to read about people removing the cliffy and it actually working better. I always thought that was the issue but concerned about the damage. For those that have done it, I see Mylar being applied but is that enough? Any damage? Do you have to remove the ramp to do this?

I tried removing the rubbers on my last one and it didn’t help.

Also - curious if the code has changed at all in the past year or so.

#12055 74 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Also - curious if the code has changed at all in the past year or so.

On the JJP website, under Support - Downloads - Dialed In, check the dates on the Change Log.

LTG : )

#12056 74 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

On the JJP website, under Support - Downloads - Dialed In, check the dates on the Change Log.

Looks like a no. 2019. Interesting DI hasn’t been updated like other games

I ended up though buying that wonka topper though even though I have the CE. I think it looks great.

#12057 74 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

As is your post.
People can and should be critical of all companies.

This is an owners and fans thread and their just here to be negative.

#12058 74 days ago
Quoted from romulusx:

This is an owners and fans thread and their just here to be negative.

There are no special rules here. I'm an owner and early adopter at that.

I'm here to be both appreciate and criticise. JJP has fallen from grace for many, and I look forward to hearing about it.

#12059 73 days ago

Not quite sure I understand the emoji overload mode. There's a 100k countdown, and I swear I've hit all the shots numerous times and the countdown still goes down. I also think I have beaten the mode before, but I don't know how I did it. Anyone have any more detailed rules to the mode than what's on the rulesheet?

"Crazy Emoji Overload
o Shoot Left Ramp, Right Ramp, & Phone Scoop to Clear Emoji (shots colored blue)"

#12060 73 days ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Not quite sure I understand the emoji overload mode. There's a 100k countdown, and I swear I've hit all the shots numerous times and the countdown still goes down. I also think I have beaten the mode before, but I don't know how I did it. Anyone have any more detailed rules to the mode than what's on the rulesheet?
"Crazy Emoji Overload
o Shoot Left Ramp, Right Ramp, & Phone Scoop to Clear Emoji (shots colored blue)"

I was also wondering about that. Sometimes I beat the mode immediately after starting it. My theory is that there is a certain, random switch you have to hit, if that makes any sense...

#12061 72 days ago
Quoted from the_zap:

I was also wondering about that. Sometimes I beat the mode immediately after starting it. My theory is that there is a certain, random switch you have to hit, if that makes any sense...

All I was aware of is the left ramp and scoop clear emojis, you beat it once they are gone.

#12062 72 days ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Basically you would remove the battery with game off, replace with new battery and close it all up, then plugin a USB keyboard via the usb cable in the coin-door and turn the game on, find and change the Multi-Monitor setting in the BIOS, save the settings and reboot.
If you need step-by-step on how to deal with the BIOS that could probably be done by someone kind enough to put together a few screenshots next time they do a battery swap.

I find it completely mental that this process is so convulated. I mean it's a pinball machine... Getting access to the battery should not be that complicated !!! Let alone resetting the multimonitor option.

Curious to know if JJP SW would work on another motherboard model

#12063 72 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Curious to know if JJP SW would work on another motherboard model

Hopefully this post isn't too negative for this positive thread. Mods please delete if so.

I doubt they will as they'd have to design and manufacture a new board. They use of the shelf computer motherboards.

#12064 72 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Hopefully this post isn't too negative for this positive thread. Mods please delete if so.
I doubt they will as they'd have to design and manufacture a new board. They use of the shelf computer motherboards.

?? Negative? In what way, and why/how would this violate any rule?

#12065 72 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

?? Negative? In what way, and why/how would this violate any rule?

See post 12058. There are aparently positivity rules that I was unaware of. I'm just not sure how cheerful I need to be. Saying that they likely won't update something is definitely on the negative side.

#12066 72 days ago

Is the beta code have any game play differences or it just add the score bit and wifi stuff?

#12067 72 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Is the beta code have any game play differences or it just add the score bit and wifi stuff?

Just Scorbit and WiFi updates.

#12068 71 days ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

add the score bit and wifi stuff?

And bluetooth.

#12069 71 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

See post 12058. There are aparently positivity rules that I was unaware of. I'm just not sure how cheerful I need to be. Saying that they likely won't update something is definitely on the negative side.

Well I don't know of any "positive" rule, and if there are, well, I'll be damned an leave this thread immediately. Not that I have anything bad to say about DialedIn, to me it's been operating flawlessly, but it's a question of principle.

And the reason I asked whether the code would run on another consumer motherboard of the same form factor is simply because if it breaks down the road and you can't find an equivalent motherboard, what do you do ? Same for the graphics board for that matter (which is even harder to find).

#12070 71 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Well I don't know of any "positive" rule, and if there are, well, I'll be damned an leave this thread immediately. Not that I have anything bad to say about DialedIn, to me it's been operating flawlessly, but it's a question of principle.
And the reason I asked whether the code would run on another consumer motherboard of the same form factor is simply because if it breaks down the road and you can't find an equivalent motherboard, what do you do ? Same for the graphics board for that matter (which is even harder to find).

There is no graphic card, it runs on the built in graphic chipset

#12071 71 days ago
Quoted from adol75:

There is no graphic card, it runs on the built in graphic chipset

There is. It's a low profile AMD card. There are three displays, and the integrated chipset can only drive two displays. And check the pictures from the pinsider who swapped the battery

Regards

#12072 71 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:There is. It's a low profile AMD card. There are three displays, and the integrated chipset can only drive two displays. And check the pictures from the pinsider who swapped the battery
Regards

Yeah, there definitely is a graphics card, and there will be replacements available via ebay. It will be from a family of cards, so you could even swap brands if need be. Same goes for the the motherboard. It will be based on the chipset, so you can just swap it with any board that is built for that chipset. There will be a bazillion available on ebay. The only issue will be the custom boards in the phone and likely the theatre. Even those will likely be available or hackable.

#12073 71 days ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I'm not allowed to post PMs, but my moderation PM essentially said that there are positivity rules in owner threads. I've been here a long time and this is the first I've heard of it. Sounds silly to have to go to a different thread if you want to reply to something with a criticism. I consider criticism the backbone of progress...

#12074 70 days ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Come on man you know what I meant.I got caught up arguing GnR was better looking then Stern LZ on the owners thread and got roasted over it being a owners thread.You know it’s true one way so why not the other

#12075 64 days ago

Anyone know what causes the mechanic in the back corner to enact the diverter up and down? Is that something the player causes? I know the one mode causes it but outside of modes, what makes it change?

#12076 64 days ago

It’s tied to ball lock some how. Sometimes ball lock raises the arm.

#12077 64 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Anyone know what causes the mechanic in the back corner to enact the diverter up and down? Is that something the player causes? I know the one mode causes it but outside of modes, what makes it change?

Drops for ball lock, acid rain mode, and moves up and down during monkey wrench multiball

#12078 64 days ago

Yep. There’s no rhyme or reason for why it drops for the ball lock other than it’s something you have to deal with until you get the ball locked.

#12079 64 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yep. There’s no rhyme or reason for why it drops for the ball lock other than it’s something you have to deal with until you get the ball locked.

I believe the idea is that it gets the ball somewhat down toward the upper right flipper.

#12080 64 days ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

I believe the idea is that it gets the ball somewhat down toward the upper right flipper.

You would obviously know best. I just don’t think I’ve ever locked a ball that was diverted off of the plexiglass playfield. The geometry doesn’t seem to line up for me. I always assumed it just was to add variety and make you do something to open up the full left ramp shot again.

All this reminds me that’s it’s been a while since I played DI. Overdue for a game or two.

#12081 64 days ago

The diverter also makes the pops 1000 per hit, which is not peanuts if you know how to nudge.

#12082 63 days ago

Ok, an answer may have already been posted (but I looked for it, I swear!) but is there a solution for the SDTM caused by the magnet in the Quantum Theatre? I know the code updates cause the QED guy to move and help deflect the ball, but other times he doesn't move and *poof* it drains. Are people knocking their game off level, or is there another option? We love the game, but man, when that happens it is probably one of the most frustrating drains of all time.

#12083 63 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Ok, an answer may have already been posted (but I looked for it, I swear!) but is there a solution for the SDTM caused by the magnet in the Quantum Theatre?

Page B-18 in the manual. Theater Magnet Test - play with the timing in there.

#12084 63 days ago

Listen to Lloyd, you gotta get the magnet flinging the ball backwards. If that’s not working your game isn’t playing as intended and kinda rubbish. This makes the game, if you don’t get it working you will probably end up selling one of the greatest games ever.

#12085 63 days ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Listen to Lloyd, you gotta get the magnet flinging the ball backwards. If that’s not working your game isn’t playing as intended and kinda rubbish. This makes the game, if you don’t get it working you will probably end up selling one of the greatest games ever.

Yeah, I will definitely give it a try. It doesn’t happen everytime, and not even all that often, but it always seems to happen during a good game.

We love DI, but this is our biggest source of frustration.

#12086 63 days ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page B-18 in the manual. Theater Magnet Test - play with the timing in there.

Thanks Lloyd! I’ll give it a try!

#12087 63 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Yeah, I will definitely give it a try. It doesn’t happen everytime, and not even all that often, but it always seems to happen during a good game.
We love DI, but this is our biggest source of frustration.

Yep, ball management with the theatre will always be a minor frustration with the game, even when working as planned.

#12088 63 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Thanks Lloyd! I’ll give it a try!

I forget the exact spot in the settings. But find the theater magnet and adjust to -100. I know others basically said the same thing but I've walked a streamer through the fix and he didn't understand what to change and nobody said the numbers. - 100 might not be your sweet spot but that was the value that helped me. Usually the sdtm drain happens when it attempts to throw the ball back and just drops it instead. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll screenshot it.

#12089 62 days ago

I thought most of the time it is supposed to drop it. Mine only throws it back when there is a package in the theater.

#12090 62 days ago
Quoted from Vernisious:

I forget the exact spot in the settings. But find the theater magnet and adjust to -100. I know others basically said the same thing but I've walked a streamer through the fix and he didn't understand what to change and nobody said the numbers. - 100 might not be your sweet spot but that was the value that helped me. Usually the sdtm drain happens when it attempts to throw the ball back and just drops it instead. If you can't find it, let me know and I'll screenshot it.

Mine happens on things like special deliveries - it catches it, drops it straight down, and the QED guy doesn't move so I get a SDTM. I don't have many issues with it misfiring back... maybe 1 out of every 25 games or so (if that often). However, the straight drops happens probably once every 3 games (or so).

#12091 62 days ago

Would someone mind posting a picture of how their bob lights are plugged in? For some reason I’m not getting an extra ball to get awarded going from crazy move (blue) then bonus (yellow) then red for mb but no color for extra ball and I don’t think it’s being collected

Here is mine

6DDAB0A1-4E65-4FD4-813A-50153912B28D (resized).jpeg
#12092 62 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Would someone mind posting a picture of how their bob lights are plugged in?

I couldn't get a good picture. Mine look the same as yours.

#12093 62 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

Would someone mind posting a picture of how their bob lights are plugged in? For some reason I’m not getting an extra ball to get awarded going from crazy move (blue) then bonus (yellow) then red for mb but no color for extra ball and I don’t think it’s being collected
Here is mine
[quoted image]

You can test the lights in the game menu to make sure they’re all working. While you’re there, check your extra ball settings. Maybe extra ball is turned off or reduced for some reason.

#12094 62 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

You can test the lights in the game menu to make sure they’re all working. While you’re there, check your extra ball settings. Maybe extra ball is turned off or reduced for some reason.

Thanks guys!

I checked the lights - they do all light up (although in tests they all light the same color). In game though, the first lights blue, the third red which I believe is right. Extra ball doesn't seem to light or trigger. Very odd. I did check extra ball and it's unlimited and set to two I believe per game. hmmmmm.

#12095 62 days ago

Here ya go.

E8AF19D0-6853-4C50-B911-0708C6C7A7F3 (resized).jpeg
#12096 62 days ago
Quoted from altan:

Here ya go.
[quoted image]

hmmm - looks like yours has the blue wires as #3. I think mine has those currently in #2. I can try that to see.
EDIT - so I tried flipping them and now its wrong as extra ball lights but it’s mb so I don’t think that is right. How I had it originally matches the game just no extra ball is given. I will check settings

#12097 62 days ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Mine happens on things like special deliveries - it catches it, drops it straight down, and the QED guy doesn't move so I get a SDTM. I don't have many issues with it misfiring back... maybe 1 out of every 25 games or so (if that often). However, the straight drops happens probably once every 3 games (or so).

Mine mainly happened on the EMP mode, which was a nightmare cause you could never predict if the EMP Would throw it or let it drain. It also was annoying to have it catch whenever a side ramp shot was needed. I just turned mine off completely with the settings just now, and it seems like a helluva lot better.

#12098 62 days ago
Quoted from delt31:

hmmm - looks like yours has the blue wires as #3. I think mine has those currently in #2. I can try that to see.
EDIT - so I tried flipping them and now its wrong as extra ball lights but it’s mb so I don’t think that is right. How I had it originally matches the game just no extra ball is given. I will check settings

If it’s wired correctly and the lights are working, it must be a settings thing. Extra ball should be lit after starting 3 modes, right after the third mode ends. Other things can light it as well. Mystery award, for example.

#12099 62 days ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Mine mainly happened on the EMP mode, which was a nightmare cause you could never predict if the EMP Would throw it or let it drain. It also was annoying to have it catch whenever a side ramp shot was needed. I just turned mine off completely with the settings just now, and it seems like a helluva lot better.

EMP mode does drop the ball not sling it.

#12100 62 days ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

If it’s wired correctly and the lights are working, it must be a settings thing. Extra ball should be lit after starting 3 modes, right after the third mode ends. Other things can light it as well. Mystery award, for example.

3 disaster modes or Bob modes? Thinking the latter….

There are 12355 posts in this topic. You are on page 242 of 248.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside