IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 273.
#11951 2 years ago

Can someone tell me what the intended function of the drones are? Whenever the magnet "activates" it just seems to throw the ball in a random direction. I understand the theatre magnet is either a) drop it back down, or b) suck in and around to the flipper, but the drones are a mystery to me. Thanks for your help

#11952 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Trying to upgrade fro 1.13 with a full install to 1.60 and I've followed JJP steps perfectly and no go
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"6655f1c8c90e53c1cd03d90a52c82456a1390f74-1625466069-1800"};
//]]>

I've even tried multiple USB sticks with no luck. The port recognizes the sticks but again no luck....does anyone have any thoughts?

I had to use a usb card reader with an SD card to get mine to work.

#11953 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Make sure the stick is formatted Fat 32.

Yeah it was

#11954 2 years ago

Got it to work. I had to use a usb card reader with a sd card

#11955 2 years ago

I need to replace the reflective glass in the theatre. Are there any guides on how to remove the theatre, it looks complex!

#11956 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

Are there any guides on how to remove the theatre,

Unhook power and data cables.

Remove the clear plastic thing over pop bumper area. Remove plastic on left side.

Then a bolt or two and a couple screws.

Can't ask for much easier.

LTG : )

#11957 2 years ago
Quoted from Eagle14:

I need to replace the reflective glass in the theatre. Are there any guides on how to remove the theatre, it looks complex!

I'm curious, why do you need to replace that glass ? Did a ball hit it ? Is it just plain dirty through time ? Cleaning that thing is not in my maintenance schedule, but I'm wondering if I should add it.

#11958 2 years ago

I'm getting some drains after a solid left ramp shot going too fast and bouncing over the metal feeding to the left flipper and over the left flipper. Is there a quick fix to give the metal feeding the left flipper more support or a backstop?

#11959 2 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

I'm getting some drains after a solid left ramp shot going too fast and bouncing over the metal feeding to the left flipper and over the left flipper. Is there a quick fix to give the metal feeding the left flipper more support or a backstop?

There is an official fix for that, as can be seen here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/42#post-4134733

Maybe contact JJP or your distributer to get the clear plastic part?

#11960 2 years ago

I‘m still hoping for an all-in-one updater to the latest release with a secret 12th Desaster…

#11961 2 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

There is an official fix for that, as can be seen here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/42#post-4134733
Maybe contact JJP or your distributer to get the clear plastic part?

Thanks!

#11962 2 years ago

Wanting to find out if there is a settings area for the theater video screen?
I played a DI on location today and the brightness of the theater looked much better then mine at home. Mine almost looks kind of yellow when the subway doors come up on the screen.

#11963 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

You'd need the little thing that plugs into the board for the small LCD.

#11964 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You'd need the little thing that plugs into the board for the small LCD.

One of these.

DSC00541 (resized).JPGDSC00541 (resized).JPG
#11965 2 years ago

Where do you get one of those? Is there one in the game already?

#11966 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Is there one in the game already?

No.

Quoted from finnflash:

Where do you get one of those?

Came with a replacement one.

#11967 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Where do you get one of those? Is there one in the game already?

You can order the whole set over at eBay for 25 dollars

#11968 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I played a DI on location today and the brightness of the theater looked much better then mine at home. Mine almost looks kind of yellow when the subway doors come up on the screen.

Are you sure all of the color channels are present (red, green, blue)? Perhaps the panel connector is loose.

#11969 2 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Are you sure all of the color channels are present (red, green, blue)? Perhaps the panel connector is loose.

I will check, but here is mine compared to the one I played.

20210710_163318 (resized).jpg20210710_163318 (resized).jpg20210711_121041 (resized).jpg20210711_121041 (resized).jpg
#11970 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Would I be stupid to remove the jjp cliffies on the 2 scoops and replace them with mylar? I just think the game would play way better.

Have any others out there removed the protection from the Sim Card scoop? I'd love to hear more opinions about the success rate of this shot without the cliffy or JJP protector installed.

#11971 2 years ago

I pulled the protector off the Sim scoop and added mylar to the area. Much easier to hit now. Feels like this is how it should be. Still difficult but doable.

#11972 2 years ago

What’s the procedure for adjusting theatre magnet again.Got it dialed in perfect until update

#11973 2 years ago
Quoted from dgposter:

Have any others out there removed the protection from the Sim Card scoop? I'd love to hear more opinions about the success rate of this shot without the cliffy or JJP protector installed.

I took it off and added mylar , AND took the rubber off the post which really helped

#11974 2 years ago

So I just got my alert that my HUO is now 3 years old and it is time to change the battery.
1. Should I actually change it after 3 years since it was only in a home?
2. I don't want to go through the back up process as it seems like a PAIN.

#11975 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Being in your home, is shorter than 3 years ?

#11976 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

So I just got my alert that my HUO is now 3 years old and it is time to change the battery.

Yes. Change it. The battery is constantly draining to preserve your settings when the pin is not on. Home or out of the home makes no difference.

#11977 2 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

It is not difficult,just be careful of the fan

#11978 2 years ago

For those of you wanting a physical DI Operations Manual, JJP just found a limited supply in their factory. I ordered mine right away. Get 'em while they last!
https://pinballwizard.com/products/dialed-in-operations-manual

#11979 2 years ago
Quoted from BriFi:

For those of you wanting a physical DI Operations Manual, JJP just found a limited supply in their factory. I ordered mine right away. Get 'em while they last!

Thats like 80% off. amazing deal.

#11980 2 years ago

Hey there! Long time wanna be DI owner here. I’ve been waiting for something to pop up in the marketplace within a couple hour drive of southeast Michigan, but haven’t seen anything around here in a while. If anyone in the vicinity is ready to sell, keep me in mind. I’m ready to buy!

#11981 2 years ago
Quoted from RockBass14:

Hey there! Long time wanna be DI owner here. I’ve been waiting for something to pop up in the marketplace within a couple hour drive of southeast Michigan, but haven’t seen anything around here in a while. If anyone in the vicinity is ready to sell, keep me in mind. I’m ready to buy!

What model? Have a HUO (first owner) standard that i might be willing to let go.

#11982 2 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

What model? Have a HUO (first owner) standard that i might be willing to let go.

PM sent!

#11983 2 years ago
Quoted from BriFi:

It popped up on my Instagram feed, I got one right away. I got 15$ shipping added which doubled the price but I'm still happy to finally get one

#11984 2 years ago

I finally decided not to hold off changing the CR2032 battery any longer. I dreaded having to do it. The process should be simple but it is not (hopefully it was not simple for me since as I explain below I tried to use electrical tape rather than masking tape….)

My back glass is really tight in the lock. I feel like I have to force the lock to turn to get it to open and similar to close it. But it came off as usual.

I have the physical manual so I followed the steps on pages E-11 and E12.

I am pointing with the screwdriver to the two latches you need to pull up after you rotate the wood out of way so the latches can come up. Then I moved away the screen.

I removed the four screws but you also need to disconnect the LEDs that are at the top of the shield to remove the shield from the game.

I tried to use electrical tape. Clearly reading the instructions NOW it says masking tape. Maybe that is why my tape would not stick to the battery. I will use masking tape 3 or 4 years from now when I have to do it again. Oh well, it is amazing what I READ and what I THINK I READ....

I ended up using a small screwdriver with a clean rag protecting the lower part of the computer area. I only buzzed my fingers against the fan a few times. I used the small screwdriver to pop the battery out of the holder and fling it out to me. Probably not the best way to do it (now that I know I didn't use masking tape), but it flew out really nicely and far away from the game.

I did use electrical tape to place the new battery in without an issue.

I turned off the game. Put the shield back on. The 4 screws were secure but still felt like they moved in the hole so I covered them with electrical tape. I put the monitor back in position. I turned on the game and thankfully it worked.

I checked the voltage on the old battery and it was 2.895 V.

IMG_1254 (resized).jpegIMG_1254 (resized).jpegIMG_1255 (resized).jpegIMG_1255 (resized).jpegIMG_1256 (resized).jpegIMG_1256 (resized).jpegIMG_1257 (resized).jpegIMG_1257 (resized).jpegIMG_1258 (resized).jpegIMG_1258 (resized).jpegIMG_1259 (resized).jpegIMG_1259 (resized).jpegIMG_1260 (resized).jpegIMG_1260 (resized).jpegIMG_1261 (resized).jpegIMG_1261 (resized).jpegIMG_1262 (resized).jpegIMG_1262 (resized).jpegIMG_1263 (resized).jpegIMG_1263 (resized).jpegIMG_1264 (resized).jpegIMG_1264 (resized).jpegIMG_1265 (resized).jpegIMG_1265 (resized).jpegIMG_1266 (resized).jpegIMG_1266 (resized).jpegIMG_1267 (resized).jpegIMG_1267 (resized).jpeg

#11985 2 years ago

Interesting report - but I would never ever change the battery while turned on. Too many things could happen. And as only the multimonitor support option in the BIOS must be turned on again after the battery has been replaced while turned off, it’s not worth it risking anything…

#11986 2 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Interesting report - but I would never ever change the battery while turned on. Too many things could happen. And as only the multimonitor support option in the BIOS must be turned on again after the battery has been replaced while turned off, it’s not worth it risking anything…

I was wondering the same thing but the manual clearly states to switch out the battery with the game on to avoid loosing Bios settings. Thanks for posting the great pictures on how to do this, very helpful.

#11987 2 years ago
Quoted from Kingpin22:

I was wondering the same thing but the manual clearly states to switch out the battery with the game on to avoid loosing Bios settings. Thanks for posting the great pictures on how to do this, very helpful.

It doesn’t matter if the BIOS settings are resetted to the standard values - as I said, the only thing that need to be changed in the standard BIOS settings is the multimonitor setting enabled. That’s it.

The space in the area where the battery is located is THAT tight that you can easily cause a short circuit when doing that while turned on - I wouldn’t risk that. But, of course, man forges his own destiny.

#11988 2 years ago

I experienced the nightmare of changing the battery. I just cannot believe they could not make it easier. Resetting the multimonitor setting in the BIOS is not that difficult but no where in the manual does it tell you that's what you have to do. Furthermore, you need a keyboard attachment in order to change that setting. It took me days, with the help of a few pinsiders, to figure it out. Again, it should not be this difficult!!

Maurizio

#11989 2 years ago
Quoted from maur:

I experienced the nightmare of changing the battery. I just cannot believe they could not make it easier. Resetting the multimonitor setting in the BIOS is not that difficult but no where in the manual does it tell you that's what you have to do. Furthermore, you need a keyboard attachment in order to change that setting. It took me days, with the help of a few pinsiders, to figure it out. Again, it should not be this difficult!!
Maurizio

Honestly, that’s what scares me about changing the battery with the power off. It would be nice if someone could put together some step by step instructions. I would definitely do it to avoid the risk if I knew better how to deal with BIOS settings.

#11990 2 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Honestly, that’s what scares me about changing the battery with the power off. It would be nice if someone could put together some step by step instructions. I would definitely do it to avoid the risk if I knew better how to deal with BIOS settings.

Basically you would remove the battery with game off, replace with new battery and close it all up, then plugin a USB keyboard via the usb cable in the coin-door and turn the game on, find and change the Multi-Monitor setting in the BIOS, save the settings and reboot.

If you need step-by-step on how to deal with the BIOS that could probably be done by someone kind enough to put together a few screenshots next time they do a battery swap.

#11991 2 years ago

It's a PC motherboard battery swap, not brain surgery. C'mon guys....

#11992 2 years ago

They should have added a couple more steps to the manual to make this easier for people.

3a) While the machine is off, remove the video card located next to the CPU battery.

13a) While the machine is off plug the video card back into the motherboard.

With the video card out of the way, it gives you a lot more room, and you don't have to worry about bumping into the video card fan.

#11993 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

They should have added a couple more steps to the manual to make this easier for people.
3a) While the machine is off, remove the video card located next to the CPU battery.
13a) While the machine is off plug the video card back into the motherboard.
With the video card out of the way, it gives you a lot more room, and you don't have to worry about bumping into the video card fan.

My guess is removing the video card will create at least as many problems.

#11994 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

It's a PC motherboard battery swap, not brain surgery. C'mon guys....

I’m sure it’s very simple for those who have done it. For those that haven’t, step by step instructions would be helpful. It’s not like you want to guess if you don’t know what you’re doing.

I just replaced a battery on my home PC, and it took me a while to figure out what to do, and there I just had to reset the date. Online instructions that I could find were not that intuitive.

#11995 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

My guess is removing the video card will create at least as many problems.

I just did it. It took less than 5 minutes and zero problems.

#11996 2 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I just did it. It took less than 5 minutes and zero problems.

To clarify, I didn't mean to imply that taking out the card is a problem for everyone... But I suspect JJP believes that more people will screw things up if they take out the card.

(And I'm happy yours went smoothly)

#11997 2 years ago
Quoted from altan:

To clarify, I didn't mean to imply that taking out the card is a problem for everyone... But I suspect JJP believes that more people will screw things up if they take out the card.
(And I'm happy yours went smoothly)

Possibly. I'd think it would cause more problems with people trying to pop the battery out with the machine on and almost no space to maneuver.

#11998 2 years ago

That was the info from JJP some time ago:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-wont-boot/page/2#post-5955968

But the whole battery replacing discussion was already documented with some photos here:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/228#post-5957378

#11999 2 years ago
Quoted from maur:

Maurizio

Agreed FWIW! I had to stumble around and figure it out myself as well. It was a few hours spent, I did learn a few things.

I also learned I am not replacing that CMOS battery for a long while

#12000 2 years ago

I’m not much of a mod guy but added these 2 additions and they bring the WOW factor Babee, pictures just don’t do them justice. The first one is the backbox illumination kit bought from Mezel Mods and the second is the pinblades from Pingraffix. The pinblades really shine like diamonds with the game on and off. Just amazing, and the backbox light kit really shows a lot of art that just doesn’t get seen from stock lighting.

4079BC43-A998-49A0-B075-5CDBD3A31049 (resized).jpeg4079BC43-A998-49A0-B075-5CDBD3A31049 (resized).jpegCE34ED3F-D178-4851-827D-09B9FEB77A93 (resized).jpegCE34ED3F-D178-4851-827D-09B9FEB77A93 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 22.50
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 240 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/240 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.