IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 273.
#11901 2 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Gogdog Thanks for taking time to send the pictures for comparison. Really appreciate that. Yeah, I’ll take it off tomorrow and mess with it a bit. Obviously just don’t wanna break the darn thing. Seeing the tighter spacing on yours, maybe I’ll try and pull the two sides together (somehow!! Ha ha) Thanks again.

Mine was also spread out a bit too much. I think I used a hair dryer to soften the plastic and bent it a little bit. It's fine since then. Have patience when heating / bending it, don't break it! Good luck!

1 week later
#11902 2 years ago

Every time I shoot theater it gets stuck on magnet?

Use to work like a champ.
Any opinions?

#11903 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Use to work like a champ.
Any opinions?

Magnetized balls, replace.

#11904 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Magnetized balls, replace.

You got on it!

I'll change out tomorrow a.m. with GNR balls I just got and am not using.

#11905 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Magnet lower in the playfield and needs to be raised so it's even with the playfield ?

LTG : )

#11906 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Magnet lower in the playfield and needs to be raised so it's even with the playfield ?

Page C-24 in the manual. Loosen nut #4 and screw magnet pole higher or lower as needed. Then retighten the nut.

You can download the manual from jerseyjackpinball.com - under Support under Downloads under Dialed In.

#11907 2 years ago

Another theater magnet question: what setting makes it throw the ball around the back loop more strongly? I have the delay on -100 currently and sometimes it is strong, other times not as much. I’m guessing it is variable but not sure...

1 week later
#11908 2 years ago

Ball not being seen in Cell Phone scoop?
Tried cleaning lens. ZIP
Looked for broken wire? Nope

Any ideas?

#11909 2 years ago

Follow the wires to the opto driver board under the playfield. Swap that opto set to a different spot ( unplug one of the others ) If it still doesn't work, then most likely a failed opto.

#11910 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Follow the wires to the opto driver board under the playfield. Swap that opto set to a different spot ( unplug one of the others ) If it still doesn't work, then most likely a failed opto.

Will do
Thanks

#11911 2 years ago

Can I still buy a Dialed In from JJP or is this out of production? I am shopping for my first modern pin and seriously considering this game if I can find one.

#11912 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Can I still buy a Dialed In from JJP or is this out of production? I am shopping for my first modern pin and seriously considering this game if I can find one.

Pretty sure it's done. Check with jjp.

#11913 2 years ago

I need to adjust a switch on the left bumper, he fires by himself. Is there a tutorial to do that properly ? I don't know if I need to bend the front leaf or the back one, how far to bend it and where.

Any help appreciated.

#11914 2 years ago

You may find that the switch spoon is off center , in which case just loosen switch stack and center it or if you need to adjust the switch you’ll need a Switch adjustment tool.

Everything you wanted to know about pop bumpers is here thanks to vid1900

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers

Switch adjusting tool (resized).pngSwitch adjusting tool (resized).png
#11915 2 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Any help appreciated.

Turn game off.

Adjust the leaf blade switch for it below the playfield.

Turn the game off. Lift playfield up and lean back. See the leaf blade switch ? The long one with the plastic spoon is pushed by a plastic rod coming down from the pop bumper skirt. This plastic spoon should be clean, ( not worn on older games ) well centered on the rod, just resting on it, not pushing it up. The shorter lower leaf blade switch should be close enough so the slightest ball hit triggers it yet vibration doesn't set it off. A little adjusting/tweaking, and you'll be fine.

#11916 2 years ago

Thank you !

#11917 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

There are NIBs in Australia if you can wait for delivery.

#11918 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

JJ at Game exchange is showing a standard in stock?
Might be worth a call
https://gameexchange.biz/dialed-in-standard-edition

#11919 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I bought my brand new LE this time last year. My distributor didn't have it in their stock, so they contacted JJP and they still had them in stock. It was shipped directly from JJP to my house. I have number 870. A lot has happened in a year, but it's possible they still might have some in stock. JJP's website still shows LE's and Standards are available for purchase. Wouldn't hurt to check.

#11920 2 years ago

Thanks for the replies. I did email JJP and they do not know of any available. I need to look closer at what is missing in the standard vs the LE. I really want everything in it that affects game play but do not care about cosmetic add ons. I am willing to be patient and get the machine I want. I sold a couple older titles and have a couple more on the chopping block.

#11921 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Thanks for the replies. I did email JJP and they do not know of any available. I need to look closer at what is missing in the standard vs the LE. I really want everything in it that affects game play but do not care about cosmetic add ons. I am willing to be patient and get the machine I want. I sold a couple older titles and have a couple more on the chopping block.

Regarding the gameplay, nothing is missing in the SE versus the LE (Kudos to JJP for that!). Most notably, the LE has the additional ramp lighting, which you probably only miss if you first play the LE, then the SE.

A full feature comparison can be found here: http://web.archive.org/web/20171129085824/http://docs.jerseyjackpinball.com/dialed-in/DI-Compare-NEW.pdf

#11922 2 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

Regarding the gameplay, nothing is missing in the SE versus the LE (Kudos to JJP for that!). Most notably, the LE has the additional ramp lighting, which you probably only miss if you first play the LE, then the SE.
A full feature comparison can be found here: http://web.archive.org/web/20171129085824/http://docs.jerseyjackpinball.com/dialed-in/DI-Compare-NEW.pdf

Well I reached out but apparently that game is sold now. I will just keep my eye out and see. Used will probably be an issue since it would need to be shipped to AK.

#11923 2 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

There are NIBs in Australia if you can wait for delivery.

No there isn't

#11924 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Well I reached out but apparently that game is sold now. I will just keep my eye out and see. Used will probably be an issue since it would need to be shipped to AK.

I have one 1 in st. Louis if you have anything to trade for it?

#11925 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have one 1 in st. Louis if you have anything to trade for it?

I would but that means shipping from alaska to you for the trade. Shipping would be pretty high considering both games.

#11926 2 years ago
Quoted from Tomass:

I would but that means shipping from alaska to you for the trade. Shipping would be pretty high considering both games.

Lol, I thought AK was Arkansas.

#11927 2 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

Mine was also spread out a bit too much. I think I used a hair dryer to soften the plastic and bent it a little bit. It's fine since then. Have patience when heating / bending it, don't break it! Good luck!

Gogdog the_zap

Finally got to it. Too much family in town! Ha ha. Flame therapy did the trick! I was nervous, but took my time and it went perfectly. Thanks again for the insight.

E925BE6F-C052-4053-94DF-C836A517D58C (resized).jpegE925BE6F-C052-4053-94DF-C836A517D58C (resized).jpeg
#11928 2 years ago

Funny, after having this game for more than three years now, I noticed something new: I was playing the machine via Bluetooth and when you start the main multiball, there's a different callout from that deep Dialed In Electronics voice: "Remote Control Activated!". What a nice touch! I wonder how many more differences there are between regular play and remote controlled play...

#11929 2 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

Funny, after having this game for more than three years now, I noticed something new: I was playing the machine via Bluetooth and when you start the main multiball, there's a different callout from that deep Dialed In Electronics voice: "Remote Control Activated!". What a nice touch! I wonder how many more differences there are between regular play and remote controlled play...

I wish they still had that feature, would love to try it.

#11930 2 years ago

Is anyone looking to sell their Dialed In? I have a TMNT Pro for trade, but only if it’s close enough to make sense. I’m in Concord, NC. Will also buy outright.

#11931 2 years ago

Hi All

So today my Theatre screen turned BLUE- all animations just on single colour..Blue..

I turned the game off, lifted the playfied and. Checked/ reseated some connections.

The screen did return to Semi normal, with different colours, but looks a little washed out..

anyone had issues like this?

Thanks

#11932 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

anyone had issues like this?

Reseat the connector to the motherboard.

If it goes to the video card, be sure that is pushed into the motherboard tight.

#11933 2 years ago

I recently bought a DI LE. The 2 switches on the ramp either side of the Betty diverter seem to be installed back to front ie. the switch that should be before the diverter is after and the after switch is before when you compare the positions to the graphical diagram on the screen. Do I need to physically need to swap the switches around or can they be reassigned in the settings? Thanks.

#11934 2 years ago
Quoted from Niggle1981:

Do I need to physically need to swap the switches around

If they register incorrectly on the screen in Tests - Switches - Matrixed, yes.

#11935 2 years ago
Quoted from Niggle1981:

I recently bought a DI LE. The 2 switches on the ramp either side of the Betty diverter seem to be installed back to front ie. the switch that should be before the diverter is after and the after switch is before when you compare the positions to the graphical diagram on the screen. Do I need to physically need to swap the switches around or can they be reassigned in the settings? Thanks.

Mine was like that.

#11937 2 years ago

Does DI have Scorbit support now?

#11938 2 years ago

Not yet

#11939 2 years ago

It does in the beta release.

#11940 2 years ago
Quoted from nettek:

It does in the beta release.

You sure about that ?

#11941 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You sure about that ?

Pretty sure....

Screenshot_20210704-085917 (resized).pngScreenshot_20210704-085917 (resized).png
#11942 2 years ago
Quoted from nettek:

Pretty sure....

Thank you.

#11943 2 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

Does DI have Scorbit support now?

Yep going into full release soon.

#11944 2 years ago

Would I be stupid to remove the jjp cliffies on the 2 scoops and replace them with mylar? I just think the game would play way better.

#11945 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Would I be stupid to remove the jjp cliffies on the 2 scoops and replace them with mylar? I just think the game would play way better.

I would say go for it, maybe get a cliffy for the phone. JJP replaced the JJP protectors with Real Cliffys back when it was new, they are a lot thinner than JJPs. I took it off the Sim card hole and just put mylar.

#11946 2 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

I was having a hard time consistently hitting the phone, so I removed the Cliffy and now I can hit it much easier.

#11947 2 years ago

Removed my cliffies and mylared. Plays as it was intended (much better).

#11948 2 years ago

Trying to upgrade fro 1.13 with a full install to 1.60 and I've followed JJP steps perfectly and no go I've even tried multiple USB sticks with no luck. The port recognizes the sticks but again no luck....does anyone have any thoughts?

#11949 2 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Trying to upgrade fro 1.13 with a full install to 1.60 and I've followed JJP steps perfectly and no go
//<![CDATA[
window.__mirage2 = {petok:"a196847b95e03fb3344919a2ccd1b7907a4a999f-1625452455-1800"};
//]]>

I've even tried multiple USB sticks with no luck. The port recognizes the sticks but again no luck....does anyone have any thoughts?

Make sure the stick is formatted Fat 32.

#11950 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Make sure the stick is formatted Fat 32.

Who you callin’ fat!?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 239 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/239 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.