IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 273.
#11851 3 years ago

I joined this club about 3-4 months ago with a very nice LE, #900 (I think it’s had a few owners). It really didn’t get a fair shake because I got it within a day or two of Elvira LE, Wonka CE, and GnR CE, but I probably got 10-20 games in (enough to get the GC) before I got those games (and a few more since). Tonight I dove in for a few hours. Beat my previous GC twice (at around 2.5M now, I know not great but still learning). I haven’t read the rules so I’ll spare you with my questions there that will hopefully be answered when I do. It plays so nice.

questions and a comments-
-Is there a calculated shot to hit the SIM card hole? If so, what is it? Seems like it just sort of bounces in by chance. I’ve gotten 4 in one of my better games, but then I’ll have games where I just can’t hit it. What’s the strategy here?

-somehow through a hard left orbit shot, the ball fell down into the cabinet. No idea how. In the process of retrieving it (and moving PinStadiums), I inadvertently backhanded the monkey wrench at that upper diverter and snapped it off. I’ve reached out to JJP, assuming I’ll have to buy a plastic set unless somebody has a 3D print file?

Great shooting game, off to read the rules!

#11852 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

You surely know more about electronics than I do, so you probably know about this already. I had concerns about the noisy hum that DI produces too. A friend recommended a cheap little buffer device that plugs into the board. It really cut down on that feedback/hum sound. Like I said, you probably are way ahead of me, but I wanted to mention it just in case you or others haven’t tried that.

Actually no, I don't know about this one, as for me the fan noise drowns everything. Which is logical when you have probably 70w+ of heat to dissipate.

Hum noise in a PC is usually a bad choice of PSU components, especially coils, I'm curious in the details (ie what to plug and where?)

Regards

#11853 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Actually no, I don't know about this one, as for me the fan noise drowns everything. Which is logical when you have probably 70w+ of heat to dissipate.
Hum noise in a PC is usually a bad choice of PSU components, especially coils, I'm curious in the details (ie what to plug and where?)
Regards

It’s a ground loop noise isolator. Pretty cheap, like $12. Very easy to install. From JJP: “unplug male cable from pink jack on sound card, plug that cable into female port on isolator, plug male cable from isolator into pink jack.” See pics below. It really helps cut the buzzing sound way down.

1075E480-FAAC-41E1-B972-AAE24F91E121 (resized).jpeg1075E480-FAAC-41E1-B972-AAE24F91E121 (resized).jpegCC149ECB-C27B-4C6B-AF85-064135E1085B (resized).pngCC149ECB-C27B-4C6B-AF85-064135E1085B (resized).png
#11854 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Truth be told, the electronic architecture of JJP baffles me. A consumer grade motherboard and graphics board are not really designed for this type of use case in my opinion. It draws so much power it's noisy, I can't let it powered on in my living room
This is pretty much the main complaint I have on this otherwise great game

Generally you are right but there are pros and cons. For private use it’s ok, for heavy commercial useage maybe not. It would certainly have been too expensive to develop a special hardware just for this machine. I see it as an advantage that the hardware is more or less standard so it can be replaced more easly in future with the same or similar components. I personally have a spare mainboard and processor for just in case.

#11855 3 years ago

Hi All- couple of things

Bought an isolator a while back fitted it, today turned game on and a consultant tick tick tick tick tick sound came from sub. Played with the isolator and it went away.. anyone else have this?

Also today- game is racking up points when I or press the flipper buttons.. 10pts.. every press from any flipper!

Is this likely vibration setting off a switch? Or something more sinister?

#11856 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All- couple of things
Bought an isolator a while back fitted it, today turned game on and a consultant tick tick tick tick tick sound came from sub. Played with the isolator and it went away.. anyone else have this?
Also today- game is racking up points when I or press the flipper buttons.. 10pts.. every press from any flipper!

Sounds like you need to re-gap a switch. Put the game in switch test mode and bang on the playfield and see what activates.

#11857 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All- couple of things

I had a similar issue in the drone area, the switch test will flush it out, but I would look there first.

#11858 3 years ago

Yeah @daveddd14- was this, drone rubber - put it in switch test and pressed the flippers. Been playing for last hour, and the tick tick ticking is back.. cheap Amazon noise filter

#11859 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Generally you are right but there are pros and cons. For private use it’s ok, for heavy commercial useage maybe not. It would certainly have been too expensive to develop a special hardware just for this machine. I see it as an advantage that the hardware is more or less standard so it can be replaced more easly in future with the same or similar components. I personally have a spare mainboard and processor for just in case.

It's definitely a bonus for development flexibility end engineering cost associated to it, not so much for long term reliability. Their MTBF is not designed for extensive duration. The issue will appear in 10y+, and as those boards are not manufactured even today, it's going to be hard to find an exact replacement. And it's not as straightforward to port migrate the entire SW stack to a new motherboard /graphics board combo, unless JJP invests the engineering resources to port it over.

So bottom line, I must admit unless JJP takes active step for SW maintenance allowing migration to new HW platforms (CPU, motherboard, graphics), I would be very cautious at considering any JJP pinball machine as a long term collector item (ie 10y plus)

Just my own personal feeling

#11860 3 years ago

Are they really doing anything that crazy? I would've guessed at worst one could just spin up a carefully configured virtual machine.

#11861 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

It's definitely a bonus for development flexibility end engineering cost associated to it, not so much for long term reliability. Their MTBF is not designed for extensive duration. The issue will appear in 10y+, and as those boards are not manufactured even today, it's going to be hard to find an exact replacement. And it's not as straightforward to port migrate the entire SW stack to a new motherboard /graphics board combo, unless JJP invests the engineering resources to port it over.
So bottom line, I must admit unless JJP takes active step for SW maintenance allowing migration to new HW platforms (CPU, motherboard, graphics), I would be very cautious at considering any JJP pinball machine as a long term collector item (ie 10y plus)
Just my own personal feeling

I wouldn't be that pessimistic. Aside from the fact that I can still find motherboards and processors from the 90s, the one common fail point is the capacitors that are easy to replace.

Also a replacement mobo doesn't have to be the exact same one, as long as the chipset is equivalent it will run seamlessly on different brands/models

And last but not least you can also look into virtual machines.

Personally I would be more worried about proprietary boards than about generic pc electronics, one sells in confidential numbers, the others in dozens of millions.

#11862 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Hi All- couple of things

I have that maybe 30% of the time on my first boot up. It matches a red LED on the CPU board that flashes at the same time as the tick. Once I reboot it goes away and doesn't come back until the game is powered down for a while and booted back up. It's been that way for a few years. JJP never got back with me on it, and I haven't been bugging them about it either. I just reboot and it is gone.

#11863 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I have that maybe 30% of the time on my first boot up. It matches a red LED on the CPU board that flashes at the same time as the tick. Once I reboot it goes away and doesn't come back until the game is powered down for a while and booted back up. It's been that way for a few years. JJP never got back with me on it, and I haven't been bugging them about it either. I just reboot and it is gone.

I've also seen this. Probably about 4 times in the <2 years I've had Dialed In. Freaked me out the first time.

LTG Any insights here?

#11864 2 years ago

OK- that’s interesting with the isolator..

Another thing, the Phone scoop- pitch is OK I think, the phone scoop kick out- reduced it a while ago and then removed the scoop protector to reduce bounce outs... anyway.. put it back up to 17 today (JJP recommendation) and the ball fires out and hits the cross over ramp. Think the scoop itself the roof could need bending down a bit, anyone else have this issue?

#11865 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

OK- that’s interesting with the isolator..
Another thing, the Phone scoop- pitch is OK I think, the phone scoop kick out- reduced it a while ago and then removed the scoop protector to reduce bounce outs... anyway.. put it back up to 17 today (JJP recommendation) and the ball fires out and hits the cross over ramp. Think the scoop itself the roof could need bending down a bit, anyone else have this issue?

I still can't find the proper setting for that phone scoop. It's either too strong and the ball goes stdm, or weaker and It's anywhere between hitting the ramp or bouncing on the playgirls, these 2 cases worry me about damaging the playgirls so I leave it higher but lose too many balls.

It's annoying that's for sure, I'll take any idea on how to fix that

#11866 2 years ago

Maybe we should ask LTG

#11867 2 years ago

I'm sure it has been discussed on here already, but tonight I noticed different things fly across the moon while the spot light is matching numbers. I have seen 2 different ones, and they both correspond to other JJP games. I just wondered how many others are there?

#11868 2 years ago

Just about a question about the LED board of the phone: are there LEDS facing outside only on the edge around the board or is there also a second row facing towards the player? I’m not sure but I think one is dead but the one facing outside on the edge is still lit. Can this be? Does anybody have some insight? The manual only shows LEDs on the edge.

#11869 2 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Just about a question about the LED board of the phone: are there LEDS facing outside only on the edge around the board or is there also a second row facing towards the player? I’m not sure but I think one is dead but the one facing outside on the edge is still lit. Can this be? Does anybody have some insight? The manual only shows LEDs on the edge.

I noticed there was a dim white one on the top left edge, like a power light. I had a dodgy led that when I squeezed the case the correct colours started showing, few good squeezes mainly fixed it. The led board for the phone is about $100 US. Leds face forward on the board.

#11870 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I noticed there was a dim white one on the top left edge, like a power light. I had a dodgy led that when I squeezed the case the correct colours started showing, few good squeezes mainly fixed it. The led board for the phone is about $100 US. Leds face forward on the board.

Where is the phone led board available?

#11871 2 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Where is the phone led board available?

Call Nate at JJP.

LTG : )

#11872 2 years ago

Alittle Help Please

Oddly when I hit either flipper it registers points. How do I correct this?

#11873 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Alittle Help Please

I would go into switch test and take a look at which switch is triggering. Probably just needs a minor adjustment.

#11874 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Alittle Help Please

Look up, someone else just asked a few days ago. Switch test but my issue and the guy about was one of the switches in the drone area that needs adjusted.

#11875 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

when I hit either flipper it registers points. How do I correct this?

Please go into Tests - Switches - Matrixed. Bang on playfield. The switch that registers on the screen, adjust it so it's less sensitive.

#11876 2 years ago

Have a NOS Dialed In promo translite (not for use in the game as it'd cover the LCD screen) signed by Jersey Jack for sale or trade.

Looking for a Walking Dead Pro, Iron Maiden Premium, TMNT Premium, AIQ Premium or Batman Catwoman Edition translite in trade. $75 shipped if no trades arise.

2 weeks later
#11877 2 years ago

I have a question about the Theater multiball. Are the animations in the theater supposed to become kind of glitchy during multiball? I assume they are but wanted to make sure.

#11878 2 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have a question about the Theater multiball. Are the animations in the theater supposed to become kind of glitchy during multiball? I assume they are but wanted to make sure.

Yep. That's by design.

#11879 2 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yep. That's by design.

Thank you

#11880 2 years ago

I had the right opto for the theatre come off the other week, one of the tabs broke. I hot glued it back but wondering if that will hold for long due the vibrations from the pops?

#11881 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I hot glued it back but wondering if that will hold for long due the vibrations from the pops?

Does it snap into the stainless steel wall ? Won't hold forever. I've found hot glue, then a piece of black electricians tape over it holds a heck of a lot longer if not forever.

#11882 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Does it snap into the stainless steel wall ? Won't hold forever. I've found hot glue, then a piece of black electricians tape over it holds a heck of a lot longer if not forever.

No one of the prongs was half broken so it wouldn’t snap back in properly, got some hot glue in the hole and on the metal then held it on and left for 24 hours before using. Was on there pretty solid. Time will tell. Was easier than I thought it would be to get to it so if it comes off will try something else.

#11883 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

No one of the prongs was half broken so it wouldn’t snap back in properly,

I understand that. I was curious if it was one of that type.

If it comes out again. Hot glue, then electricians black tape over it to help hold to the steel wall.

Quoted from Lostcause:

got some hot glue in the hole and on the metal then held it on and left for 24 hours before using.

As soon as the glue is cold, it won't get any better. No need to wait 24 hours.

1 week later
#11884 2 years ago

Back in the DI Club after searching most days for a good part of a year. I had an early LE and didn’t keep it long enough. Love it! Such a great game, perhaps my favorite JJP. Played GnRLE right next to it this morning and loved it as well, but Dialed In is so packed by comparison, and with incredible flow. Great to have another.

A9E665EB-0D15-4C2C-8555-2F3FBEA11710 (resized).jpegA9E665EB-0D15-4C2C-8555-2F3FBEA11710 (resized).jpegC9A69E92-49D3-4D94-94CE-07DD3E5E831F (resized).jpegC9A69E92-49D3-4D94-94CE-07DD3E5E831F (resized).jpegF92B7DEC-3A0F-4DD4-BBCC-B8BFFFF92FEC (resized).jpegF92B7DEC-3A0F-4DD4-BBCC-B8BFFFF92FEC (resized).jpeg
#11885 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Back in the DI Club after searching most days for a good part of a year. I had an early LE and didn’t keep it long enough. Love it! Such a great game, perhaps my favorite JJP. Played GnRLE right next to it this morning and loved it as well, but Dialed In is so packed by comparison, and with incredible flow. Great to have another.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome back! Assume you picked up that incredible CE that was listed in the market. Thats an awesome ending to a year long search! It really flows completely different than any other JJP pins, which is easy to forget unless you have another game to compare it to. I just got a POTC a few weeks ago and after ignoring all my other games I was really impressed by how well DI shoots compared to its JJP siblings. Incredibly smooth game.

#11886 2 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Welcome back! Assume you picked up that incredible CE that was listed in the market. Thats an awesome ending to a year long search! It really flows completely different than any other JJP pins, which is easy to forget unless you have another game to compare it to. I just got a POTC a few weeks ago and after ignoring all my other games I was really impressed by how well DI shoots compared to its JJP siblings. Incredibly smooth game.

Yeah, it is an epic game, so glad to have it! My buddy Sean Concretehardt knew I was looking and texted me at work after it was listed: buy this now or I will! Thanks to PDX-Mike for selling it to me, he is one of the good guys in the hobby.

#11887 2 years ago

Just here to say DI is easily my favorite JJP game and I hope to own one someday!

#11888 2 years ago

Just sold my CE, was a lot of fun. Best JJP pin. My GC was over 5 mil.

A84F1A54-AE9F-440C-B95D-EA4719E85C47 (resized).jpegA84F1A54-AE9F-440C-B95D-EA4719E85C47 (resized).jpeg
#11889 2 years ago

Hi guys - I bought a DI LE from a buddy of mine last month and loving it. However, the ball keeps getting stuck behind the phone. I think he added this protector (right?) but the ball still lodges there. Any suggestions?

Sorry if this has been addressed previously (likely! ha ha) but am new to the thread and there are 238 pages!!

Thank you! Larry

IMG_1645[11381] (resized).JPGIMG_1645[11381] (resized).JPG
#11890 2 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

I think he added this protector (right?)

Wrong.

Quoted from lschmidlin:

Any suggestions?

Be sure the game is level left to right and playfield at least a 6 1/2 degree pitch.

#11891 2 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Hi guys - I bought a DI LE from a buddy of mine last month and loving it. However, the ball keeps getting stuck behind the phone. I think he added this protector (right?) but the ball still lodges there. Any suggestions?
Sorry if this has been addressed previously (likely! ha ha) but am new to the thread and there are 238 pages!!
Thank you! Larry
[quoted image]

I added a post to prevent this. Here you go ->

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/152#post-4940308

#11892 2 years ago

Loving this game, so much to do! The only issue I’ve found so far is that the top drone doesn’t fire, just the lights go on. Also, when I hear drone sounds during play, the other two aren’t spinning...but the lower two activate when the standups are pressed and in the test menu.

#11893 2 years ago
Quoted from dts:

Loving this game, so much to do! The only issue I’ve found so far is that the top drone doesn’t fire, just the lights go on. Also, when I hear drone sounds during play, the other two aren’t spinning...but the lower two activate when the standups are pressed and in the test menu.

I think this is a wonky issue that is pretty well known, a decent amount of people have 1, 2 or none that work. I personally only ever had 2 that work and now I’m down to one. It bugged me at first but now that I’m used to just one working, it’s fine. One of the two that don’t work, will work if I push down on top of it in the switch test. It also sounds like the little motors are cheap and burn out, but it hasn’t bothered me enough to do reconstructive surgery on the drones.

#11894 2 years ago

On another note, I was just looking through the archived sales of DI and saw a CE that looks like it has an extra figure of some type right behind the last light at the top of the left ramp. To me it looks like head and shoulders of someone with an open mouth about to throw a spear or something with their right hand?

So this is either:

A. A special figure that is only on the CE

B. A mod that was added

C. The reflection of something that only in my mind looks like *see above. (Most likely)

29231E81-8486-41F9-8672-63A3EDD53244 (resized).jpeg29231E81-8486-41F9-8672-63A3EDD53244 (resized).jpeg
#11895 2 years ago

It’s a ggg ghost

#11896 2 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Just sold my CE, was a lot of fun. Best JJP pin. My GC was over 5 mil.[quoted image]

Just sold my DILE, the second one I’ve owned. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a round III. Love DI, and feel like I barely scratched the surface. But I wanna try owning an AFM and they aren’t cheap these days! Will miss being in the club.

#11897 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Just sold my DILE, the second one I’ve owned. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a round III. Love DI, and feel like I barely scratched the surface. But I wanna try owning an AFM and they aren’t cheap these days! Will miss being in the club.

I didn’t manage to reach the end, was one letter off but seen everything else I think and was amazing. Once I put a piece of Mylar like cover (non sticky) in front and on the sim hole protector it made the shot much easier. AFM is a great game and I was lucky to get a nice restored one for a good price.
Will miss DICE but I couldn’t refuse the sale!

#11898 2 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Hi guys - I bought a DI LE from a buddy of mine last month and loving it. However, the ball keeps getting stuck behind the phone.

Thanks for the responses guys – I guess I should clarify that the ball isn’t getting stuck where you suggested help (but thanks for that anyway, of course!) It’s getting stuck directly behind the phone sitting in that little cradle where all the electronics are. Looks like the plastic piece that is the designed to avoid that is far too widespread on either side. There’s a huge gap on either side of the phone, which allows the ball to fly right in there. See my white arrows. Any thoughts? Thanks! Larry

7464DB31-ED78-4BD3-8A9C-548D40F92DD7 (resized).jpeg7464DB31-ED78-4BD3-8A9C-548D40F92DD7 (resized).jpeg869E5111-69DF-413E-837C-F8486BD5C724 (resized).jpeg869E5111-69DF-413E-837C-F8486BD5C724 (resized).jpeg
#11899 2 years ago
Quoted from lschmidlin:

Thanks for the responses guys – I guess I should clarify that the ball isn’t getting stuck where you suggested help (but thanks for that anyway, of course!) It’s getting stuck directly behind the phone sitting in that little cradle where all the electronics are. Looks like the plastic piece that is the designed to avoid that is far too widespread on either side. There’s a huge gap on either side of the phone, which allows the ball to fly right in there. See my white arrows. Any thoughts? Thanks! Larry[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh.....sorry about that. Wow, no...I've never gotten a ball stuck "inside" the plastic barrier before, on either side.....

Though, mine is much closer to the phone on the left side, and seems about the same as yours on the right. Maybe you need to try and bend your left side?

20210526_141851 (resized).jpg20210526_141851 (resized).jpg20210526_141906 (resized).jpg20210526_141906 (resized).jpg
#11900 2 years ago

Gogdog Thanks for taking time to send the pictures for comparison. Really appreciate that. Yeah, I’ll take it off tomorrow and mess with it a bit. Obviously just don’t wanna break the darn thing. Seeing the tighter spacing on yours, maybe I’ll try and pull the two sides together (somehow!! Ha ha) Thanks again.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 238 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/238?hl=pdx-mike and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.