IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 273.
#11801 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Any suggestions?

Full instructions are on the website. Follow them carefully. First do a Full Install of 1.60. Then do a Delta update to 1.73

Quoted from smokinhos:

I hear you can brick the game without the right code update sequence.

Follow instructions and you shouldn't have a problem.

Worst case scenario if you should "brick" your game. Start over. Do a Full Install of 1.60. After that do a Delta update to 1.73.

LTG : )

#11802 3 years ago

Thanks guys.. im 2 hrs into this and followed the instructions. Insert the USB, fire the game, nothing happens. Just boots up to 1.50. And I can't get the backbox open. Read about that in another post. So far not real impressed with owning this. Game is cool, just haven't had update issues on my Sterns or American like this. I've gone thru the process twice. 1.5 it is..

#11803 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Thanks guys.. im 2 hrs into this and followed the instructions. Insert the USB, fire the game, nothing happens. Just boots up to 1.50. And I can't get the backbox open. Read about that in another post. So far not real impressed with owning this. Game is cool, just haven't had update issues on my Sterns or American like this. I've gone thru the process twice. 1.5 it is..

Try a different USB stick. Make sure it has nothing else on it. I think you want to use an 8gb one, but LTG can weigh in for sure.

Also make sure the USB cable is connected at the other end.

#11804 3 years ago

Ok.. I'll check both. I assume I need to get into the backbox. Should be interesting. I used an 8G, but I'm going to pick a new one. Give it another try today. Thanks for the help.

#11805 3 years ago
Quoted from smokinhos:

Ok.. I'll check both. I assume I need to get into the backbox. Should be interesting. I used an 8G, but I'm going to pick a new one. Give it another try today. Thanks for the help.

No, you update the code by using the USB that has the Bluetooth dongle. It can be accessed through the coin door.

#11806 3 years ago

I get the same thing on my Wonka

#11807 3 years ago

I tried to play my DI with my phone but the app said you can no longer use it as the app no longer is supported by the App Store. When did this feature vanish? My nephew when he comes over loved playing the game and flipping it with the phone.

#11808 3 years ago

Just replaced my battery for one of the more stressful pieces of routine maintenance I've done to date. That area on DI is tight!

#11809 3 years ago

I love di ,I believe it to be a top 10 but the SIM card shot take away a lot of fun for me,just to hard to make,I wish there was another way to complete the sim shot,maybe a super combination of ramps and orbits ect,just some other way!

#11810 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Just replaced my battery for one of the more stressful pieces of routine maintenance I've done to date. That area on DI is tight!

Ditto... last week for me. I was shocked at how much of a pain it is to get in that spot with my big mittens.... and the battery was seated really tight!

#11811 3 years ago

Better wait until the Battery is empty and needs to be replaced. The only thing would be to enter the BIOS and activate the multimonitor setting. Much safer that way.

#11812 3 years ago

Need some help, fellow DI owners. My kickback coil suddenly went offline. No response in play or test. The switch for the kickback is fine. The fuse, F706 is fine. It’s almost brand new, like 150 plays. So coil should be ok, right?

Any suggestions much appreciated!

#11813 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Need some help, fellow DI owners. My kickback coil suddenly went offline. No response in play or test. The switch for the kickback is fine. The fuse, F706 is fine. It’s almost brand new, like 150 plays. So coil should be ok, right?
Any suggestions much appreciated!

Thoughts:

1. Kickback in a 70V coil. Did you ensure the coin door interlock switch was "active"? If not, it cuts the 70V during testing
2. If you did have 70V and it's still not working, I'd start with the basics... look at the coil and verify it doesn't have a broken wire

#11814 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Thoughts:
1. Kickback in a 70V coil. Did you ensure the coin door interlock switch was "active"? If not, it cuts the 70V during testing
2. If you did have 70V and it's still not working, I'd start with the basics... look at the coil and verify it doesn't have a broken wire

Yep, I made sure of that. Coin door is closed during test. All other coils are firing on “repeat” in test mode (trough, auto-plunge, etc.) Only kickback won’t. The game is almost new, opened a few months ago. I checked the coil, looks normal. Wires are soldered well and nothing is loose that I can find.

#11815 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

nothing is loose that I can find.

Any connectors on the I/O board loose or off ?

#11816 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Any connectors on the I/O board loose or off ?

I checked there too, but if the fuse is good, and the wires are connected to the coil perfectly, it seems either the connection at the board is bad, or the coil somehow failed. Coil failure on a new pin with under 200 plays seems unlikely. It seems like a connection must be loose. But where? Does anyone know exactly where on the board the kickback connects?

#11817 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

board the kickback connects?

I/O board pinouts are in the manual. D-103 and D-104

#11818 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I/O board pinouts are in the manual. D-103 and D-104

Thanks, Lloyd!

I’m still trying to score a hard copy of the owners manual. I bought my DILE last summer but it didn’t come with one.

#11819 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m still trying to score a hard copy of the owners manual.

Looks like JJP still has them on sale on their website, $39.99:
http://store.jerseyjackpinball.com/Parts/Dialed-In-Parts/Dialed-In-Operations-Manual.html

#11820 3 years ago

I grabbed this and a full set of replacement plastics in the fall for around $100.

#11821 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m still trying to score a hard copy of the owners manual.

You can download a PDF one from the website under Support - Downloads - pick the game you want.

#11822 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can download a PDF one from the website under Support - Downloads - pick the game you want.

And of course you can access the manual from the service menu in the games. Take a look sometime at what is in the delta code updates. The reason the delta file is so large is that it has a copy of the manual in it.

#11823 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Put it on a USB stick & take it to Kinkos or Fedex and have it printed & spiral bound.

#11824 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for the suggestions on the upgrade. After buying an LE with 1.50 code I had trouble loading the new code. The hang up was the download tool. Unetbootin would not work after multiple attempts. Rufus worked on the first try. Was also told to use 8-32gb stick, nothing smaller or larger. Worked fine with Rufus and 32gb USB stick. Up and running.. fun game.

1 week later
#11825 3 years ago

So I just joined the club, and I decided to download the Jersey Jack iPhone app only to discover I can’t find it in the App Store. When I googled it, the app comes up, but then I get a message that it’s not available in my region ( I live in the US). Is the app no longer available?

#11826 3 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

Is the app no longer available?

It doesn't seem to be.

Problems early on. A lot of phones wouldn't hook up to it.

#11827 3 years ago
Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

So I just joined the club, and I decided to download the Jersey Jack iPhone app only to discover I can’t find it in the App Store. When I googled it, the app comes up, but then I get a message that it’s not available in my region ( I live in the US). Is the app no longer available?

That seems pretty remiss of JJP if true - after all it’s a pretty cool and unique feature of the game. Even though not many people would use that feature to play normally, it’s fun to show guests. I also use it to give my 6 yo a helping hand when she’s playing! I’ve still got the app on my phone and it works fine. Maybe message JJP about it.

#11828 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

That seems pretty remiss of JJP if true - after all it’s a pretty cool and unique feature of the game. Even though not many people would use that feature to play normally, it’s fun to show guests. I also use it to give my 6 yo a helping hand when she’s playing! I’ve still got the app on my phone and it works fine. Maybe message JJP about it.

My feelings as well. Hopefully we can find a copy of the app online or through JJP even if its not supported by Google play anymore. I've had my game for about a month and am dissapointed the app isn't available. Its advertised on the game itself.

#11829 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

My feelings as well. Hopefully we can find a copy of the app online or through JJP even if its not supported by Google play anymore. I've had my game for about a month and am dissapointed the app isn't available. Its advertised on the game itself.

To be fair, I was never able to make it work anyway... It did not stay connected, so I could not use it.

I was also hoping the application would be slightly more than just control, like for ex high score recording or something of that nature, but it does not seem to be the case (not that I can check, since it does not work )

#11830 3 years ago

The App never worked on my iPhone, unfortunately.

Here's what surprises me... typically if an App is no longer available for "purchase" (even if it's free), if you previously purchased it then you could download it again. While I'm certain I "purchased" it in the past (how else would I have found it doesn't work), it doesn't show up in my list of purchases. At least in the case of Apple's App Store, it looks any history of it has been erased?

Interesting.

"Hello. I'm calling from Dialed In Electronics. We have detected a problem with your App"

#11831 3 years ago

App was 'neat' but a missed opportunity to do something interesting with multiplayer.

#11832 3 years ago

Totally hit n miss with the app for me, sometimes it worked but mostly not. Because of the flaws the game’s far better off being played without it IMO.

#11833 3 years ago

I really liked the app, my 6 year old nephew couldn't get enough of it when he came over. I hope this is just getting updated and not disappearing. I have the app on my phone and it just wont work now, requesting to update but app no longer in the App Store!

#11834 3 years ago

Picking up a DILE tomorrow! Now someone tell me everything I need to know, so I dont have to read this whole thread. Ready.........GO

#11835 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Picking up a DILE tomorrow! Now someone tell me everything I need to know, so I dont have to read this whole thread. Ready.........GO

Reading the thread is fun!

#11836 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Congrats!

Just look at the key posts for now. They cover a lot of the major stuff.

#11837 3 years ago

So 4 issues right off the bat that I noticed that are not in the key posts.

1. I'm not getting anything but "fuzz" on the phone screen.

2. Sounds like a screech when the kick back triggers, cant tell if it's in the sound or from the coil.

3. Sounds like when 1 of the characters talks from the phone, it is distorting.

4. My theater is not sending the ball up, but dropping it back to the flippers.

I will start searching these issues, but if anyone wants to send me in the right direction, i wont be mad.

#11838 3 years ago

And according to JJP site the code went from 1.60 to 1.73.
My code says its 1.71 LE. Is this correct?

#11839 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

And according to JJP site the code went from 1.60 to 1.73.
My code says its 1.71 LE. Is this correct?

Read the change log - https://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/di_changelog.txt

Do the Delta update to 1.73 if you want. Read instructions carefully.

#11840 3 years ago

So I updated to newest code and I started troubleshooting the phone issue. When I swap the theater and phone then the theater has the "fuzz" and the phone shows upside down which think is correct. So if the problem is being sent to the device, how do I fix that?

#11841 3 years ago

Joined the club a few weeks ago and am really enjoying the game so far. Need to learn the other nuances to scoring as all im doing is lighting up the phone and completing modes. What else am I missing? What else is worth pursuing?

Did get incredibly close to the Showdown last night. Had all but one letter and then everything fell apart. Ill get there!

20210416_215751 (resized).jpg20210416_215751 (resized).jpg

#11842 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

So I updated to newest code and I started troubleshooting the phone issue. When I swap the theater and phone then the theater has the "fuzz" and the phone shows upside down which think is correct. So if the problem is being sent to the device, how do I fix that?

Sorry you are having some trouble.

Did you purchase it NIB or from someone else? If from someone else, did this phone problem exit before you purchased it? I'm only asking for context and to, perhaps, eliminate thing like "something came loose" while it was being moved.

With no further insight available, seeing "fuzz" is odd IMHO. I'd expect the little display, whether the theater or the phone, it either show the video mostly correctly or not at all. This is because the display device is synching to the analog signal. Seeing snow may represent a more several graphic card problem.

But before assuming anything, if possible, I'd suggest plugging an older VGA monitor directly into the phone output on the Dialed In PC box.

Sorry I don't have any "this will fix it the issue" comments.

#11843 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Sorry you are having some trouble.
Did you purchase it NIB or from someone else? If from someone else, did this phone problem exit before you purchased it? I'm only asking for context and to, perhaps, eliminate thing like "something came loose" while it was being moved.
With no further insight available, seeing "fuzz" is odd IMHO. I'd expect the little display, whether the theater or the phone, it either show the video mostly correctly or not at all. This is because the display device is synching to the analog signal. Seeing snow may represent a more several graphic card problem.
But before assuming anything, if possible, I'd suggest plugging an older VGA monitor directly into the phone output on the Dialed In PC box.
Sorry I don't have any "this will fix it the issue" comments.

I got into the computer in back and found the video card was not plugged in all the way. Phone is back up and running.

My next question is when I played this on location, I would start multiball with 3 balls. I have only had 2 ball multiball. Even the animation shows 2 balls going through the station. I'm assuming this is a setting, but cant find it anywhere.

And how do you get access to the small speakers? I had to unhook the right side because certain tones would distort.

#11844 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I got into the computer in back and found the video card was not plugged in all the way. Phone is back up and running.
My next question is when I played this on location, I would start multiball with 3 balls. I have only had 2 ball multiball. Even the animation shows 2 balls going through the station. I'm assuming this is a setting, but cant find it anywhere.
And how do you get access to the small speakers? I had to unhook the right side because certain tones would distort.

First MB is a two ball MB. The next one is three ball and so on.

#11845 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

First MB is a two ball MB. The next one is three ball and so on.

And the add a ball feature when you knock a ball back into the phone scoop during multiball..... just another possibility

Quoted from finnflash:

#11846 3 years ago

Wait.... There's a graphics card in the system?? Curious to know which one...

#11847 3 years ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Joined the club a few weeks ago and am really enjoying the game so far. Need to learn the other nuances to scoring as all im doing is lighting up the phone and completing modes. What else am I missing? What else is worth pursuing?
Did get incredibly close to the Showdown last night. Had all but one letter and then everything fell apart. Ill get there!
[quoted image]

Welcome to the club! You just got your DI and you already are 1 letter away from Showdown? Man, you don’t waste any time! I’ve owned a dile twice and never get further than 4 letters. I struggle to collect SIM cards. Very challenging game. Other than MB and phone modes, you have the BOB and Quantum Theatre features to finish. Monkey Wrench MB and some other stuff.

Let us know if you beat it!

#11848 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Wait.... There's a graphics card in the system?? Curious to know which one...

A ATI Radeon 6450, only for the phone monitor connected via VGA. Take one with active cooling (fan), hard to find.

#11849 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

A ATI Radeon 6450, only for the phone monitor connected via VGA. Take one with active cooling (fan), hard to find.

Truth be told, the electronic architecture of JJP baffles me. A consumer grade motherboard and graphics board are not really designed for this type of use case in my opinion. It draws so much power it's noisy, I can't let it powered on in my living room

This is pretty much the main complaint I have on this otherwise great game

#11850 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Truth be told, the electronic architecture of JJP baffles me. A consumer grade motherboard and graphics board are not really designed for this type of use case in my opinion. It draws so much power it's noisy, I can't let it powered on in my living room
This is pretty much the main complaint I have on this otherwise great game

You surely know more about electronics than I do, so you probably know about this already. I had concerns about the noisy hum that DI produces too. A friend recommended a cheap little buffer device that plugs into the board. It really cut down on that feedback/hum sound. Like I said, you probably are way ahead of me, but I wanted to mention it just in case you or others haven’t tried that.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 237 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/237?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.