IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 273.
#11751 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I have both and neither will leave any time soon. I know you said STTNG is never leaving, but in my book that is the one I would let go by far. It's fairly common and I see it for sale often. If you missed it that much you could replace it easily, unless your particular example has some sentimental value.

That’s a good point. THE STTNG is a bit of a proud geek and retro art thing with me, and the Picard maneuver and borg multiball is something I would miss. Biggest thing is mine is a true “players” version and I wouldn’t get much for it (it plays flawlessly). But maybe I’ll consider it.

#11752 3 years ago
Quoted from Izzy24:

My phone LCD went out mid game last night. I checked all the connections and everything looks good. When the machine boots up the blue screen comes on and I see AV1, then it goes dark the rest of the game. It seems the monitor is fine, but not getting the signal. I’ve read in the thread that the dvi cable sometimes goes bad and the ribbon cable that goes to the dvi output in the back box goes bad. I wondering if anyone had a similar experience and what their solution was? Thank much for any help!

I've been having the same issue for a while. All I've been doing is turning the machine off and on, whenever it occurs and thinking I should look into it. Yesterday I got the IMDN I've been longing for, so I'll probably continue with the DI laziness unless it totally stops or someone posts a definitive fix.

#11753 3 years ago
Quoted from AntennaMan:

I've been having the same issue for a while. All I've been doing is turning the machine off and on, whenever it occurs and thinking I should look into it. Yesterday I got the IMDN I've been longing for, so I'll probably continue with the DI laziness unless it totally stops or someone posts a definitive fix.

Thanks for the confirmation, trying to figure out what has worked for others as this seems to have occurred to many other people as well.

No help on rebooting for me, always a black phone screen. I checked the phone vga out from the back box and it works to the theater. When I boot up, the phone screen turns on and I get the blue AV1 screen on boot, then goes black. I am hoping it’s the vga cable or else it’s the connection from inside lcd to the vga input. I have a new vga cable on the way and will test the new cable from the back box to the phone. Im hoping to figure this one out not needing any parts from JJP (please!).

#11754 3 years ago

Phone sound keeps going quite low.

When I hit the phone for the mode and the character speaks sometime it’s quite low, so I turn the game off and reboot it’s ok for a white then it will go again. Any advice ???

#11755 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I'm looking for a pic of the Smartphone Assembly from the side.
In my setup, it is mounted on the front most 2 screws. I'm wondering if that's typical. I was only able to find 1 pictures showing this and, in that picture, the mounting used the back 2 screws. Here's a pic. Sorry for the over exposure.
[quoted image]

Maybe one of the most unnecessary fixes ever? Anyway, I ordered the correct post from JJP and I've got my Smartphone back to factory mounting!

IMG_4378 (resized).JPGIMG_4378 (resized).JPG

Ok, I actually added 2 little rubber washers where it attaches. Not sure if it will help but it should reduce the shock a little when the ball hits it or the playfield vibrates.

#11756 3 years ago

Can't plunge the right ramp. Slope is at 2nd bubble line as JJP recommended.
Any suggestions?

#11757 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Any suggestions?

Here are a couple of ideas:
Make sure that the plunger isn't being blocked the auto plunger. The easiest solution for me when this happens is to rotate my plunger a bit and try again.

Right after DI came out there were 'sagging' issues reported and discussed here on Pinside. This may be part of your problem. If you track down those posts you can see how people attempted to resolve it.

One last thing is to see if you have a long or short barrel spring outside of the cabinet on your plunger. If you have a long one you can replace it with a short one(3/4") and that might get you over the hump.

Please let us know what you figure out.

#11758 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Any suggestions?

Quoted from fnosm:

Make sure that the plunger isn't being blocked the auto plunger. The easiest solution for me when this happens is to rotate my plunger a bit and try again.
Right after DI came out there were 'sagging' issues reported and discussed here on Pinside. This may be part of your problem. If you track down those posts you can see how people attempted to resolve it.
One last thing is to see if you have a long or short barrel spring outside of the cabinet on your plunger. If you have a long one you can replace it with a short one(3/4") and that might get you over the hump.

Also try compressing the outside spring in some vise grips a bit. That did the trick for me.

#11759 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Any suggestions?

Sometimes my ball gets caught on the rollover switch and that prevents it from sitting as far back as it should. I need to adjust the actuator.

#11760 3 years ago

Do any of you know how to change the ball save timer for different multi-ball modes- say under attack multi-ball?

#11761 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Here is a peek at this issue in the GnR thread with some good advice.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-jjp-gnr-thread/page/131#post-6164378

#11762 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

are your playfield hooks bent? Mine were bent and it caused the plunger to hit the top of the ball.

#11763 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

are your playfield hooks bent? Mine were bent and it caused the plunger to hit the top of the ball.

I will check that out thanks!

#11764 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Quoted from fnosm:

I will check that out thanks!

Or the bracket that holds the hooks and lockdown bar may be loose and not flush with the front of the cabinet. That happened to mine.

#11765 3 years ago

Just joined the club (literally today), man this was a heavy machine to move around compared to Stern.

That said, just a question: the Theatre ramp exit tends to divert the ball toward center drain, even after leveling the pinball machine. Is this an expected behaviour ? Besides leveling, is there something else I should look at to adjust (the top right flipper maybe ?).

Cheers

#11766 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Just joined the club (literally today), man this was a heavy machine to move around compared to Stern.
That said, just a question: the Theatre ramp exit tends to divert the ball toward center drain, even after leveling the pinball machine. Is this an expected behaviour ? Besides leveling, is there something else I should look at to adjust (the top right flipper maybe ?).
Cheers

You can raise the left rear leg enough so the ball hits the end of the right flipper.

#11767 3 years ago

Check the Theatre kicks the ball back to the upper flipper when it’s supposed to. It doesn’t always drop to the bottom flippers if working.

#11768 3 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

You can raise the left rear leg enough so the ball hits the end of the right flipper.

I did, it's not enough

That said I noticed something : I have a PF protector, and it seems the right magnet (beneath the Drones) is not flush with the playfield, thus creating a bump on the PF protector. I believe this bump is the cause of the deviation

So question : could someone please check if the magnet is supposed to be flushed with the playfield?

Thanks

#11769 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I did, it's not enough
That said I noticed something : I have a PF protector, and it seems the right magnet (beneath the Drones) is not flush with the playfield, thus creating a bump on the PF protector. I believe this bump is the cause of the deviation
So question : could someone please check if the magnet is supposed to be flushed with the playfield?
Thanks

I believe it should be flush. By the way, have you removed the Mylar from the magnets? The magnets are so strong they will damage the Mylar over time so many folks cut out a circle for the magnets.

How can raising the left rear leg not be enough unless the leveler is maxed out?

#11770 3 years ago

Do you have the latest code. The QED guy should in some circumstances interact with the ball after release.

#11771 3 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

I believe it should be flush. By the way, have you removed the Mylar from the magnets? The magnets are so strong they will damage the Mylar over time so many folks cut out a circle for the magnets.
How can raising the left rear leg not be enough unless the leveler is maxed out?

I have not checked the mylar indeed
I can indeed increase further, but at the expense of overall balance

Quoted from TOLLS:

Do you have the latest code. The QED guy should in some circumstances interact with the ball after release.

To clarify, this is the exit which causes me problems, just next to the top right flipper

#11772 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

To clarify, this is the exit which causes me problems, just next to the top right flipper

Are you referring to the Smartphone vertical up kicker? I believe the people above believe you are talking about the ball leaving the Quantum Theater (at least that's what I thought you meant initially). To clarify, are you referring to the location where the ball comes out, under the smartphone, after starting modes (and other situations)?

If so, that's not something I've heard people mention before. Have you adjusted the coil strength? Perhaps you've made it too high.

#11773 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Are you referring to the Smartphone vertical up kicker? I believe the people above believe you are talking about the ball leaving the Quantum Theater (at least that's what I thought you meant initially). To clarify, are you referring to the location where the ball comes out, under the smartphone, after starting modes (and other situations)?
If so, that's not something I've heard people mention before. Have you adjusted the coil strength? Perhaps you've made it too high.

I'm indeed referring to the exit under the smartphone, just where the top right flipper is. In some occasion when the ball exit at full speed (either direct shot, or when the ball is ejected by Quantum Theater), it gets slightly diverted toward the left, right to the center drain.

#11774 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

I'm indeed referring to the exit under the smartphone, just where the top right flipper is. In some occasion when the ball exit at full speed (either direct shot, or when the ball is ejected by Quantum Theater), it gets slightly diverted toward the left, right to the center drain.

In some cases if your VUK strength is turned up too high (i had to lower mine from default settings), the ball will hit the right ramp habitrail and do some crazy things coming out of the phone....maybe something to try.

#11775 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

In some cases if your VUK strength is turned up too high (i had to lower mine from default settings), the ball will hit the right ramp habitrail and do some crazy things coming out of the phone....maybe something to try.

I've also had the scoop itself was bent upwards a bit, so when the ball came up, it would actually hit the wireframe in front of the scoop (right ramp wireframe). I simply bent the scoop back down.

#11776 3 years ago

Joined the club finally and what a fantastic game. Asking the group for anyone who has installed pinstadiums to the game. How did you go about doing it. This is the first JJP game i will be putting them on and all the GI appears to be light boards. Just wondering if someone can share a little insight.

Cheers

#11777 3 years ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Joined the club finally and what a fantastic game. Asking the group for anyone who has installed pinstadiums to the game. How did you go about doing it. This is the first JJP game i will be putting them on and all the GI appears to be light boards. Just wondering if someone can share a little insight.
Cheers

Here you go. I put neos on when I had mine.

Here's where Scott's thread on dialed in starts.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/18#post-4038653

Here's my thread with pictures.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/129#post-5885896

#11778 3 years ago

Pinside shows that 1600 copies of Dialed In were built. Is that correct?

(sorry if this has already been brought up)

#11779 3 years ago

First stuck ball in a year and a half or so!

IMG_4390 (resized).JPGIMG_4390 (resized).JPG

#11780 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

Pinside shows that 1600 copies of Dialed In were built. Is that correct?
(sorry if this has already been brought up)

Interesting. They must have gotten that number from somewhere. I think with the new price increases and nerfed games, DI is going to increase in demand and value as it should. It's f'n loaded. Charlie was likely the last loaded, semi-affordable JJP. The good ol' days are drifting away, like Wilson at the end of a long journey.

#11781 3 years ago

Was told years ago that between 1500-2000 total dialed in pins were produced. So the 1600 fits in that area so its somewhere around that number. Was told around 1000 le , 500 se and 150 ce versions. However maybe only 100 ce got ordered before the cutoff date which wld be 1600. Its a excellent pin and probably the best shooting jjp with Wonka a close 2nd. Also lots of stuff squeezed into a standard body pin. Recently went back to playing dile and i am remembering why I fell in love with this pin from the first time playing. It plays so amazing with great flow, speed, combos and is so smooth with lots of shots and toys. Plus the 5 full size magnets work so well doing all kinds neat things. Such a classic pin and will be desired as more come around to playing it and being theme/ name snobs lol.

#11782 3 years ago

Here is a close up of the magnet just below the Drones, can someone please let me know if this is normal

If not, any advice on how to make it flush with the playfield?

Thanks

20210312_191017 (resized).jpg20210312_191017 (resized).jpg
#11783 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

please let me know if this is normal

No.

Quoted from Ashram56:

If not, any advice on how to make it flush with the playfield?

Page C-24 in the manual. Under the playfield. Big nut item #4 , loosen it. Stick large screw driver in magnet pole to adjust up or down as needed. Then retighten the big nut.

LTG : )

#11784 3 years ago

Got myself some spares today

01D251F5-C73E-4244-8902-8AF06A78B689 (resized).jpeg01D251F5-C73E-4244-8902-8AF06A78B689 (resized).jpeg
#11785 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No.

Page C-24 in the manual. Under the playfield. Big nut item #4 , loosen it. Stick large screw driver in magnet pole to adjust up or down as needed. Then retighten the big nut.

Many thanks

#11786 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Got myself some spares today[quoted image]

How did you get a spare DI pf?

#11787 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

How did you get a spare DI pf?

From the same person I bought my DI from.

#11788 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

From the same person I bought my DI from.

But how does anybody get a populated playfield in the first place??

#11789 3 years ago

I don’t now man, a deal was done probably as the original playfield had issues and shipping back costly. You don’t just get these things for nothing.
But on reflection it looks good to me, thing weighs a ton.

B59500B0-1ABD-4762-AD45-B959E7DF41F9 (resized).jpegB59500B0-1ABD-4762-AD45-B959E7DF41F9 (resized).jpeg
#11790 3 years ago

Question: How often is the magnet under the theatre supposed to be activated? I've played the game on location alot and it seemed like the theatre shot fed to the 3rd flipper fairly often, but now on my home game the magnet seems to stop a majority of the balls from going around. How is the game supposed to work (or when is the magnet under the theatre supposed to be activated?)

#11791 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

Question: How often is the magnet under the theatre supposed to be activated? I've played the game on location alot and it seemed like the theatre shot fed to the 3rd flipper fairly often, but now on my home game the magnet seems to stop a majority of the balls from going around. How is the game supposed to work (or when is the magnet under the theatre supposed to be activated?)

Yours probably needs ajusted under device settings. U can do a test with your hand and ajust accordingly.

#11792 3 years ago

It doesn’t fling the ball during subway and virtual drops. It flings pretty much the rest of the time.

#11793 3 years ago

Just picked up a new to me DI LE and am having a couple of USB issues.

1.) Bluetooth Dongle Not Found Error

-Dongle lights up but no detect-o by the PC. Do we have a list of compatible BT dongles?

2.) Update USB Extension in the coin door not working

-Swapped my own USB 3.0 extension cable and my USB stick then worked (also 3.0). Not sure if the machine was picky about my USB stick or if the cable was bad. Either way seems to be fixed with a cable swap.

Thanks!

#11794 3 years ago
Quoted from ShaffeTrain:

Just picked up a new to me DI LE and am having a couple of USB issues.
1.) Bluetooth Dongle Not Found Error
-Dongle lights up but no detect-o by the PC. Do we have a list of compatible BT dongles?
2.) Update USB Extension in the coin door not working
-Swapped my own USB 3.0 extension cable and my USB stick then worked (also 3.0). Not sure if the machine was picky about my USB stick or if the cable was bad. Either way seems to be fixed with a cable swap.
Thanks!

To piggy back on this... I am also getting the dongle error.

Also, I am getting an EOS error on all 3 flippers. However, all of the flippers seem to be operating correctly. Any ideas?

#11795 3 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I am getting an EOS error on all 3 flippers. However, all of the flippers seem to be operating correctly. Any ideas?

Broken wire at one of them killing all of them. Or a broken common wire on the way to the I/O board.

#11796 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Broken wire at one of them killing all of them. Or a broken common wire on the way to the I/O board.

That makes sense

#11797 3 years ago

I would really like to join this club if anyone wants to trade?

Machine - For Trade
HUO - Undocumented (Home Used Only) - “Looking for trades for my HUO Deadpool Premium. No playfield issues and plays as it should. Not sure what I'm looking for until it is offered to me. Other Stern premiums possibly ...”
2021-03-18
O'fallon, MO
Trade
Archived after: 35 days
Viewed: 1183 times

#11798 3 years ago

Just curious, is there any way to change the music in the game?

Because while I love the game flow, rules, etc...i must admit the music is not really at the same level as the rest of the game, to say the least. And it has a tendency to get stuck in your head for the rest of the day..

Not sure what to replace it with though, even if it was possible

#11799 3 years ago
Quoted from Ashram56:

Not sure what to replace it with though, even if it was possible

Not possible.

#11800 3 years ago

Joined the club... however code is 1.50. I hear you can brick the game without the right code update sequence. Any suggestions? I can do multiple code updates in order, but I'm not even sure how many there are. Thanks!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 236 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/236?hl=skipnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.