IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 273.
#11651 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Well, that sounds, kind of like..... lame!

They were just looking for people to test the WIFI changes on all of the pins. The interface will be common from one machine to the next - all common. It works nice. They gave us some game code changes for pirates and some small changes for Wonka, but the primary testing was for the WIFI and ethernet connections. We might get more to test soon. TBD.

#11652 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

They were just looking for people to test the WIFI changes on all of the pins. The interface will be common from one machine to the next - all common. It works nice. They gave us some game code changes for pirates and some small changes for Wonka, but the primary testing was for the WIFI and ethernet connections. We might get more to test soon. TBD.

That’s cool. Can’t wait to see how this all improves updating.

#11653 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Agreed. I thought there was a difficult one for the primary multiball as well before reading that rulesheet. Now I feel a little stupid cranking through that multiball wondering where my letter was. I know there are a couple Beta testers on here that probably aren't allowed to say what changes are ahead but that would be nice.

FWIW the simplicity of Dialed In is a bit of the draw. Glass half full, the multiballs are actual battles where you can't just cradle and daintily pick off your shots. They have magnets, chaos and tend to be short. A good counter to games like my JJP POTC which CAN be multiball heavy when you get it rocking. From what I have seen GNR is like that, on steroids.

I say that "Dialed In is one of the best 90's games ever made". And that is due to the ruleset. There are generally separate goals that don't necessarily twist into a super duper mega goal. You CAN go for Quantum Theater multiball mode if you feel like it. You can try for Bob modes and multiball. I have my bob modes/multiball qualification to one easier than the default just to see the red multiball modes a bit more often than "almost never". I swear without that adjustment I would get to Chaos in Quantum City more often than the red multiballs.

Is it a perfect game? No. But it keeps bringing me back after a year + of ownership so it must be doing something right.

#11654 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

FWIW the simplicity of Dialed In is a bit of the draw. Glass half full, the multiballs are actual battles where you can't just cradle and daintily pick off your shots. They have magnets, chaos and tend to be short. A good counter to games like my JJP POTC which CAN be multiball heavy when you get it rocking. From what I have seen GNR is like that, on steroids.
I say that "Dialed In is one of the best 90's games ever made". And that is due to the ruleset. There are generally separate goals that don't necessarily twist into a super duper mega goal. You CAN go for Quantum Theater multiball mode if you feel like it. You can try for Bob modes and multiball. I have my bob modes/multiball qualification to one easier than the default just to see the red multiball modes a bit more often than "almost never". I swear without that adjustment I would get to Chaos in Quantum City more often than the red multiballs.
Is it a perfect game? No. But it keeps bringing me back after a year + of ownership so it must be doing something right.

I'd argue it's missing what the 90s games have. Look at the jackpot goals in TAF, TZ, TOTAN, STTNG, MM etc etc. You work up to a big jackpot and reset it and try again. DI has jackpots everywhere. There is no climax of any kind. The multiballs aren't really worth much and don't really involve excitement. Same goes for theatre modes. What's the point of shooting for the virtual spinner etc? To increase the points for a single multiball that you might not get and if you do, you might play for 1 minute? Way safer and more value to just shoot modes and use multiballs to get lit sims. It makes the game 2 dimensional.

The game is great, but IMDN made me realize that the code on DI is incomplete. Theatre modes should lead to sims as should the main multiballs. In fact, you should be able to collect two on the main multiball if you're good enough. That would make it well rounded and fun at all times.

I've heard that they're done with the code as well, so that's a big bummer. I don't see it lasting much longer if that is the case. I love the shooting, lightning, LCD with etc, but code is really bad in places.

#11655 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I'm not complaining, I'd just like to see the final wizard mode! I've gotten very close a few times. I'll get it. I totally agree with the best 90's game statement, I've made similar comparisons. I definitely get to Chaos in Quantum City more often than seeing a Bob's multiball. I'm not much of a trap the ball player, I like the chaos. On a side note, GnR is definitely multiball chaos, but it's not the "oh great, another multiball" feeling of the Data East multiball heavy games. Another great JJP game. I don't see GnR, WW, or DI leaving any time soon.

#11656 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'd argue it's missing what the 90s games have. Look at the jackpot goals in TAF, TZ, TOTAN, STTNG, MM etc etc. You work up to a big jackpot and reset it and try again. DI has jackpots everywhere. There is no climax of any kind. The multiballs aren't really worth much and don't really involve excitement. Same goes for theatre modes. What's the point of shooting for the virtual spinner etc? To increase the points for a single multiball that you might not get and if you do, you might play for 1 minute? Way safer and more value to just shoot modes and use multiballs to get lit sims. It makes the game 2 dimensional.
The game is great, but IMDN made me realize that the code on DI is incomplete. Theatre modes should lead to sims as should the main multiballs. In fact, you should be able to collect two on the main multiball if you're good enough. That would make it well rounded and fun at all times.
I've heard that they're done with the code as well, so that's a big bummer. I don't see it lasting much longer if that is the case. I love the shooting, lightning, LCD with etc, but code is really bad in places.

Fair, I am not against "more"

Little things that IMO they should try to update:
- give a visual for the number of tilt warnings left; redoing animations on the screen might be a bit much, but the four lights towards the bottom of the apron don't do much. If they are not individually controlled then maybe green (2 warnings) , yellow (1) red (0) would be one way to show that.

- on my game, with the current software, for reasons that are not clear when I collect an extra ball "shoot again" is not lit. That insert does light up when the ball save is on so I assume it is a bug in the code ?

More Reasons to go after the theater things:
- maybe every 10-15 things it collects a lit Sim card (and have it increment upwards after the first collect); that would change the math in terms of how much you want to start whacking the theater. And/or have some arbitrarily high number (30, 40?) hits to light a sim card. Why not. Given the multiplication from collected Sim cards it would be hard to break the scoring tweaking stuff like that ; if I was proven wrong and the strategy becomes "theater all day" I will hang up my backseat dev hat

#11657 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

- give a visual for the number of tilt warnings left; redoing animations on the screen might be a bit much, but the four lights towards the bottom of the apron don't do much. If they are not individually controlled then maybe green (2 warnings) , yellow (1) red (0) would be one way to show that.
- on my game, with the current software, for reasons that are not clear when I collect an extra ball "shoot again" is not lit. That insert does light up when the ball save is on so I assume it is a bug in the code ?
- maybe every 10-15 things it collects a lit Sim card (and have it increment upwards after the first collect); that would change the math in terms of how much you want to start whacking the theater. And/or have some arbitrarily high number (30, 40?) hits to light a sim card. Why not. Given the multiplication from collected Sim cards it would be hard to break the scoring tweaking stuff like that ; if I was proven wrong and the strategy becomes "theater all day" I will hang up my backseat dev hat

Those are all great suggestions. I'd add that thirty theatre hits should award a sim, not just light it. Why make collecting them so difficult? I complete the door on tz maybe once every 40 games and still love it to death. DI would be better if more progression was more common. You need such crazy long games to get through it.... Wish it was possible to progress more quickly.

#11658 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

The shoot again insert will not light after obtaining an extra ball if you have Balls in Reserve turned on, which may have been turned on by default in latest code...tho I can't be sure if that's default now.

#11659 3 years ago
Quoted from Skipnatty:

The shoot again insert will not light after obtaining an extra ball if you have Balls in Reserve turned on, which may have been turned on by default in latest code...tho I can't be sure if that's default now.

Ah thank you! I would not have guessed this. Since I do mainly single player games seems like a small loss to bask in the glow of the extra ball light.

#11660 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

DI has jackpots everywhere. There is no climax of any kind.

I thought the main goal of Under Attack Multiball was to get the Super Jackpots when you‘re under attack and only have a short time before a flipper stops working. These give a lot more points and are thrilling.

Quoted from Tranquilize:

Same goes for theatre modes. What's the point of shooting for the virtual spinner etc? To increase the points for a single multiball that you might not get and if you do, you might play for 1 minute?

Isn‘t this the definition of risk vs. reward? But I agree, one could debate if the reward is high enough to justify the risk. The theatre can, though, be hit with regularity and not too much risk.

Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I have my bob modes/multiball qualification to one easier than the default just to see the red multiball modes a bit more often than "almost never".

Absolutely, the default settings make the Bob/red multiballs happen way too seldom - same with the Theatre multiball - it‘s easy to change the game settings so you get these more often. It doesn‘t change the score that much. And it‘s nice to pick up the occasional sim card with a Bob multiball.

#11661 3 years ago

anyone heard anything recent about updated code with wifi? Keen to get this game on Scorbit.

#11662 3 years ago

What’s a red multi ball?

#11663 3 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

What’s a red multi ball?

Crazy bob multiball started from left orbit. The light on the crazy bob light shows red when ready.

#11664 3 years ago

Hello all. Been a while but about a year or so ago there was an update that was making the cell phone video glitch and people with older CPUs were updating them to get back to smooth video.

I simply didn't update software thinking a fix would come out. Did one?

So question is, is it safe to update to latest software for older games? If not, how do I figure out if I have an old or newer cpu (what version is safe?) Thanks.

#11665 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

Hello all. Been a while but about a year or so ago there was an update that was making the cell phone video glitch and people with older CPUs were updating them to get back to smooth video.
So question is, is it safe to update to latest software for older games? If not, how do I figure out if I have an old or newer cpu (what version is safe?) Thanks.

I believe I have the older CPU and no problem with the latest code.

#11666 3 years ago

Same here...I do have the old CPU and latest code resolved the video problems on the phone. From my perspective, no reason to consider updating the CPU anymore.

#11667 3 years ago

Same, no problems on an old CPU with latest code. Quite the contrary, it fixed a lot of things.

#11668 3 years ago

I was hoping someone can help me ...

I have the 1.73 code.

When multiball alert comes up at the phone and I hit my flippers simultaneously it diesnt cancel the multiball like it says...

I cant find it in the settings..

Amni doing something wrong?..

Thank you in advance ..

#11669 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

I have the 1.73 code.
When multiball alert comes up at the phone and I hit my flippers simultaneously it diesnt cancel the multiball like it says...
Thank you in advance ..

Isn’t it double tap both flippers?

#11670 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

I have the 1.73 code.
Thank you in advance ..

You have to hit both flippers several times right away.

#11671 3 years ago
Quoted from JoeJet:

I never had an issue with video until I updated to newest code. Old cpu and voices do not match.

#11672 3 years ago

EDIT: All positions filled. I had a big response to the notice for JJP Tibetan Breeze kit testers and all machine testing slots are already filled. Thanks to all who were willing to jump in!

#11673 3 years ago
Quoted from Liakos:

I have the 1.73 code.
Thank you in advance ..

I double tap as soon as the bezel lights start to indicate a multiball is ready and then I double tap again after a micro pause.
This maneuver takes about 2 seconds and the rhythm is 3 beats, beat one (Tap, Tap), beat two (Rest), beat three (Tap, Tap).
This always works for me.

#11674 3 years ago

Thnx guys

#11675 3 years ago

Ball keeps getting stuck in this spot. anyone solve this issue?

PXL_20210130_213249491.jpgPXL_20210130_213249491.jpg
#11676 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

Ball keeps getting stuck in this spot. anyone solve this issue?
[quoted image]

That’s weird. Can you tell what it is catching on?

#11677 3 years ago

Wait, is that elevated? How does that happen? And when?

#11678 3 years ago

Maybe your upper right flipper coil is set a bit too powerful.

#11679 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

This happened to me too. The BOB opto is very close to the sim hole (they share the same subway) and the sim hole shot will roll the ball back up the subway and activate the BoB opto before the SIM hole opto. I followed the suggestion from another pinsider and moved the BoB opto further up the subway. I did have to drill two teeny pilot holes for the screws but it was a simple fix that has solved this issue completely.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/31#post-4167664

fnosm can you include pics on your fix please? I'd really like to get a visual on how you fixed this issue on your machine. I'm also thinking about the shim idea from another pinsider on that same thread you linked. Thanks.

#11680 3 years ago

Is there anything I can do to make the sim shot more from the upper flipper? I have set the power to the lowest setting on the upper flipper and found that the best setting to hit the shot and still makes the ramp shot just. I feel it’s bouncing out like on Indy, think I need to get some slow mo footage to see what’s going on as it would be nice to have more power in the flipper. Cliffy not helping I guess but that’s needed otherwise it will be a mess in there.
Phone shot is sweet even with the cliffy, would be nice for the sim to be the same.

#11681 3 years ago
Quoted from BriFi:

fnosm can you include pics on your fix please? I'd really like to get a visual on how you fixed this issue on your machine. I'm also thinking about the shim idea from another pinsider on that same thread you linked. Thanks.

Here you go,
Just move the Bob Opto back up the subway. The top arrow shows where it was originally and the bottom arrow points to where I moved it to.
It hasn't been a problem that there arent opto holes in the subway. In this case the optos seem to work just fine without them.
I don't recall if I drilled pilot holes or not but I don't think I did.

Moment.jpgMoment.jpg
#11682 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Is there anything I can do to make the sim shot more from the upper flipper?

What you have to do is the same thing you need to do to get to Carnegie Hall.
Who knows what you have to do to get to Carnegie Hall?

But in all seriousness, the only thing I have seen people do that they claim has helped is:
Removing the whole cliffy
Removing a piece of the cliffy
Removing the rubber on the post next to the hole
I think I saw that someone recommended using a bit foam tape on the scoop
I think someone may have tweaked the shape/direction of the scoop by bending it

If you are going to remove the cliffy you can use Mylar to protect the playfield. Not as good as the cliffy, but better than nothing.

That hole sure is a pistol, and you really can't beat the rush when you collect a sim card.

#11683 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

But in all seriousness, the only thing I have seen people do that they claim has helped is:
Removing the whole cliffy
Removing a piece of the cliffy
Removing the rubber on the post next to the hole
I think I saw that someone recommended using a bit foam tape on the scoop
I think someone may have tweaked the shape/direction of the scoop by bending it
If you are going to remove the cliffy you can use Mylar to protect the playfield. Not as good as the cliffy, but better than nothing.
That hole sure is a pistol, and you really can't beat the rush when you collect a sim card.

I took the small rubber off the top post and slid on a post rubber and didn’t notice any benefit, was going to try next with nothing on it but that might bend the post.
Thought about sticking a bit of lockdown bar foam in there as I have done that on Indy and Robocop but would be annoying if it came off and fell into the subway.
Have seen the modified Cliffy thing but would like to leave as is.
Maybe a flap of something hanging down over hole would keep it in there.
Slo mo footage needed to see what is going on, probably the best place to start.

Collecting the sim from the upper flipper is extremely satisfying probably because it’s so hard to nail it but frustrating when you can’t.

#11684 3 years ago

Practice.

#11685 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Practice!

#11686 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Wait, is that elevated? How does that happen? And when?

I think it's bouncing off the sim hole protector. I removed the protector and haven't repeated it again, but it doesn't happen that often. I don't know how else it could've popped up there. It's happened twice in three days though. I tried pounding the protector flat but when I try and install it again it bends up as soon as any pressure is put on it from the posts that screw into it.

I read that cliffy has a better design and sent an email to order that but who knows when it will come in.

I actually posted this in frustration until I guessed what was occurring but wondered if it was a common issue.

#11687 3 years ago

I have but when it bounces out most of the time with lowest power flipper setting I need to look into it.

#11688 3 years ago

I’m thinking of trading my DILE or a Wonka LE. Good or bad decision?

#11689 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I think it's bouncing off the sim hole protector. I removed the protector and haven't repeated it again, but it doesn't happen that often. I don't know how else it could've popped up there. It's happened twice in three days though. I tried pounding the protector flat but when I try and install it again it bends up as soon as any pressure is put on it from the posts that screw into it.
I read that cliffy has a better design and sent an email to order that but who knows when it will come in.
I actually posted this in frustration until I guessed what was occurring but wondered if it was a common issue.

Just looked at the Cliffy, it’s now in 2 pieces. The front edge on the original that sticks up has now been separated so should stay flat. That will help.
Damn another cliffy order, had a few recently.

#11690 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I didn’t like Wonka when I had a go, maybe I needed more time. I liked DI instantly.

#11691 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I've had both. I traded my original DI away awhile ago but just picked up another one. It's such a great pin and I'm loving it but I'd give the edge to wonka. The integration with the film is great. Rules are super fun and it shoots like butter. It's just a fantastic pin.

#11692 3 years ago

I have both games,I sold my orginal dile and had to by another one,tough choice between and am glad I don’t have to decide!

#11693 3 years ago
Quoted from Deez:

I've had both. I traded my original DI away awhile ago but just picked up another one. It's such a great pin and I'm loving it but I'd give the edge to wonka. The integration with the film is great. Rules are super fun and it shoots like butter. It's just a fantastic pin.

Yeah I played my friends Wonka LE. Not sure if it’s the honeymoon phase or if I like better. RRWOZ and GNRCE are not moving. I love DI but Wonka was fun.

#11694 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I'm allergic to Wonka, I might have missed the point as there are a lot of folks like it but to me all there is to shoot is on the upper right part of the playfield, the gobstobber shot is on the left but I find it terribly unrewarding.

On the other hand I'm a big fan of DI, it flows endlessly and has so much to offer.

#11695 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I have but when it bounces out most of the time with lowest power flipper setting I need to look into it.

Actually, I wasn’t directing that answer at you! I was just answering the question posted by Fnosm...he asked “do you know how you get to Carnegie Hall?”

#11696 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Actually, I wasn’t directing that answer at you! I was just answering the question posted by Fnosm...he asked “do you know how you get to Carnegie Hall?”

Apologies, must be going crazy here. I’m going to have to look up Carnegie Hall as I’ve never heard of it and now I need to know.

#11697 3 years ago

#11698 3 years ago

Damn, I only have a Rowland and short arms

#11699 3 years ago

Not a Ronald?

#11700 3 years ago

My game is not recognizing the ball once shot into the phone scoop. It appears this is an opto switch. I haven't really been under the hood of this game much. On a second note, when I got under there I was getting a strong electrical smell. Not sure if there is any relation here, but I doubt it. Any tips on fixing the opto?

Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 234 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/234?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.