IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 273.
#11601 3 years ago

I read in a forum that replacing the fan in the backbox with a silent version helps a lot to get rid of the heavy noise from the cheap fan built in. I must admit I never had the idea to do that. As far as I know it’s a 4pin 120 mm fan.

#11602 3 years ago

Is there a fix for a sagging monitor? Mine is slightly down on the top and light spills over.

#11603 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Is there a fix for a sagging monitor?

Look at the pictures in the gallery for this thread. Someone put a block of wood under one end.

LTG : )

#11604 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Is there a fix for a sagging monitor? Mine is slightly down on the top and light spills over.

The monitor is mounted on a big arm, and where it connects in the back center of the monitor there are four bolts. Loosen gently, then twist the monitor so it raises slightly whichever side you need, and re-snug the bolts. Just a little is all you need to do to fix the sagging side. Don’t loosen the bolts much as you don’t want the monitor to fall.

#11605 3 years ago

Is the hardware the same for the cell phone and the theater monitor (4.3 inch)? Never checked that.

#11606 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Is the hardware the same for the cell phone and the theater monitor (4.3 inch)? Never checked that.

I checked it for you: According to the manual, driver board and LCD have the same part numbers in the phone as well as the theater.

#11607 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Yes

#11608 3 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

I checked it for you: According to the manual, driver board and LCD have the same part numbers in the phone as well as the theater.

The two main components that run each little monitor are the control board 15-000038-00 and the screen w/ribbon cable 17-000004-00
You can swap vga cables in the backbox and switch the outputs from one to the other monitor if you’re tracing a problem. Vga for the phone comes from the AUX video card and for the theater from the motherboard itself.

#11609 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

The two main components that run each little monitor are the control board 15-000038-00 and the screen w/ribbon cable 17-000004-00
You can swap vga cables in the backbox and switch the outputs from one to the other monitor if you’re tracing a problem. Vga for the phone comes from the AUX video card and for the theater from the motherboard itself.

Thanks! I only asked because I thought about buying a second spare 4.3 inch monitor for just in case (as the full set is only 20 bucks at the moment).

By the way - I wonder why no parts dealer has anything besides standard parts on stock for JJP games.

#11610 3 years ago

Late to the club. Picking up my NIB next week.

#11611 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

I’m sure you have played it ..... it’s a keeper! Congrats!!

#11612 3 years ago

Late to the club here too! Got ours last week. Hubs initially turned off by looks of the game...but lots of fun to play!! Spent yesterday fixing why none of mod lights and translite were not working (came unplugged), took the theater off to fix opto on right side (glued back on) - this took little more doing than what I initially read but we got it done. Also had mylar on the drone magnet. Pretty easy fixes as far as I'm concerned. No high scores to brag about yet.

#11613 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Just installed some DI Mirror Bladez. I don't know why I waited so long to install. I love the look.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Those are awesome! We just received our Dialed In last week. Has the plain mirror blades...that thing is real tight getting playfield in and out. Any more thickness on the sides and I don't know if we'd be able to move the playfield. Great playing game though...I still suck at it, but fun.

#11614 3 years ago
Quoted from DawnP:

Those are awesome! We just received our Dialed In last week. Has the plain mirror blades...that thing is real tight getting playfield in and out. Any more thickness on the sides and I don't know if we'd be able to move the playfield. Great playing game though...I still suck at it, but fun.

Congrats! The game is awesome!

#11615 3 years ago

I know this have been gone over years ago but the SIM card shot,how are you guys dialing that in,I remember some shimmed the back deflector up and remove the protector ect,what is the consensus these days?

I still make it by luck ,I rarely make it with the flipper.

#11616 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I know this have been gone over years ago but the SIM card shot,how are you guys dialing that in,I remember some shimmed the back deflector up and remove the protector ect,what is the consensus these days?

I made sure my cliffy was fully bent down as much as possible no other adjustments.

I make it mostly cradle, right flipper, backhand.

#11617 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

I find the "glass off" mod to be most helpful.

#11618 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Wow who’s got a NIB? Thought they were all gone

#11619 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

There are LEs still out there NIB for sure.. not sure about standards.

Cool game lots of throwback Lawlor stuff but didnt sell great from what I know.

#11620 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Last one in Canada I believe. Yes, LE.

#11621 3 years ago

Anyone else ever notice this? First I've seen it in 3+ years of ownership and thousands and thousands of games lol....
20201225_182656 (resized).jpg20201225_182656 (resized).jpg
20201225_182700 (resized).jpg20201225_182700 (resized).jpg

#11622 3 years ago

Also had this stuck ball happen for the first time today... it somehow jumped over the upper right flipper from a shot from lower left flipper and went in above the scoop and below the phone...

20201225_180810 (resized).jpg20201225_180810 (resized).jpg
20201225_180815 (resized).jpg20201225_180815 (resized).jpg

#11623 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Also had this stuck ball happen for the first time today... it somehow jumped over the upper right flipper from a shot from lower left flipper and went in above the scoop and below the phone...
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Looks like your games isn't dialed in.

#11624 3 years ago

I get a ball stuck on the wireform above the shooter lane a lot. A chase ball will knock it off, but the game will never send one. Chase ball is on and says it will send after 4 searches. Anyone else or just mine?

#11625 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Anyone else ever notice this? First I've seen it in 3+ years of ownership and thousands and thousands of games lol....
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I’ve never seen it!

#11626 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Quoted from Green-Machine:

I’ve never seen it!

Im not sure if its something I did playing around with the flipper buttons in attract mode or if it normally pops up occasionally....

#11627 3 years ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Looks like your games isn't dialed in.

Lol.. it plays amazing I think it was just a freak thing as it's never hhappened in thousands of games.

#11628 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Im not sure if its something I did playing around with the flipper buttons in attract mode or if it normally pops up occasionally....

Awesome! I wonder if it's a code you have to activate by pushing a combination of left vs right buttons in attract mode, I've never seen this also, thanks for posting

2 weeks later
#11629 3 years ago

Anyone know where I might be able to get some touch up paint for my DILE ?

I put a little scratch on one of the side rails and my OCD is getting the best of me. I tried to contact support via the Jersey Jack site, but never received a response.

#11630 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

Anyone know where I might be able to get some touch up paint for my DILE ?
I put a little scratch on one of the side rails and my OCD is getting the best of me. I tried to contact support via the Jersey Jack site, but never received a response.

We don’t have paint codes - the LE powder coat is aquamarine

#11631 3 years ago

What’s the best treatment to get faint scratches removed/blended out of a lockdown bar on a LE?

#11632 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

What’s the best treatment to get faint scratches removed/blended out of a lockdown bar on a LE?

Use the same method as car paint. Try polish first, if that doesn’t work try cut and polish followed by polish.

#11633 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenz:

Play the game so much that your hands wear down the clear a little. That'll smooth it out.

These are pinball machines FFS....

#11634 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

We don’t have paint codes - the LE powder coat is aquamarine

Thanks. I will try and get a little paint color matched, as the scratch does not warrant a new powder coating.

#11635 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This is in the attract screen, I saw it the other day

#11636 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

This is in the attract screen, I saw it the other day

But they’re not very attractive!

#11637 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

But they’re not very attractive!

Given that they are pinball people they are definitely above average.

#11638 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Given that they are pinball people they are definitely above average.

We are good looking people

#11639 3 years ago

Dialed In is just a really beautiful machine.

#11640 3 years ago

Was thinking about selling my LE due to the geometry issues with the Bob targets, so I decided to remove the cliffy from the phone so to see if that would at least clean up the rejection issues and change my mind. Mylared it up, and it makes the game so much better!

After several games, I was thinking the code is somewhat lacking and I think I've figured out why. It's because the multiballs and Bob modes don't go anywhere. Imagine if you completed all jackpots during mb then a super on the side ramp to recieve a sim card? This would make the game so much more balanced and fun as you'd want to play these things through, and you'd have a better chance (not by that much) of getting to showdown. There needs to be more reward for the theatre modes as well. The more I play my IMDN, with its expertly balanced ruleset, the more I realize how flawed the code is in this game. Too bad that they're done with the code. Maybe someone can figure out how to add custom code in the future.

#11641 3 years ago

I've noticed sometimes when I hit the SIM Card scoop, it registers a BOB trap door hit instead and therefore not counting the SIM card shot. This is frustrating when I have SIM Card lit. I guess sometimes I hit that scoop just right that the ball travels slightly up the subway path and trips the BOB trap door opto first before traveling back down to the phone scoop VUK. My NIB DILE was purchased seven months ago and came with Cliffy's installed at both the Phone and SIM Card scoops. Is there anything I can do to prevent the ball from accidentally tripping the BOB trap door opto first? Is there a simple way to relocate the BOB trap door optos further up the subway path without messing things up?

#11642 3 years ago
Quoted from BriFi:

I've noticed sometimes when I hit the SIM Card scoop, it registers a BOB trap door hit instead and therefore not counting the SIM card shot. This is frustrating when I have SIM Card lit. I guess sometimes I hit that scoop just right that the ball travels slightly up the subway path and trips the BOB trap door opto first before traveling back down to the phone scoop VUK. My NIB DILE was purchased seven months ago and came with Cliffy's installed at both the Phone and SIM Card scoops. Is there anything I can do to prevent the ball from accidentally tripping the BOB trap door opto first? Is there a simple way to relocate the BOB trap door optos further up the subway path without messing things up?

I find it hard to believe the ball is traveling the wrong way in the subway. Have you checked the BOB opto? Maybe it is loose or a little misaligned? Also try reseating the connectors.

#11643 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Was thinking about selling my LE due to the geometry issues with the Bob targets, so I decided to remove the cliffy from the phone so to see if that would at least clean up the rejection issues and change my mind. Mylared it up, and it makes the game so much better!
After several games, I was thinking the code is somewhat lacking and I think I've figured out why. It's because the multiballs and Bob modes don't go anywhere. Imagine if you completed all jackpots during mb then a super on the side ramp to recieve a sim card? This would make the game so much more balanced and fun as you'd want to play these things through, and you'd have a better chance (not by that much) of getting to showdown. There needs to be more reward for the theatre modes as well. The more I play my IMDN, with its expertly balanced ruleset, the more I realize how flawed the code is in this game. Too bad that they're done with the code. Maybe someone can figure out how to add custom code in the future.

I'm pretty sure all of this exists, maybe they could be made a little easier because I'm not sure I've ever gotten them this way.

Quick Multiballs

Drones Gone Wild Multiball
o Hit drone standup to drop items. 3 super jackpots to light SIM card.
o Jackpots for each Drone hit. Super Jackpot is in the theatre (dropped by drone after collecting a jackpot).
High Voltage Multiball
o Hit the moving QED target for jackpots. 15 jackpots to light SIM Card.
Quick Monkey Wrench Multiball
o Sneak past mechanic on the left ramp for jackpot. 3 Jackpots lights SIM Card. During this multiball Betty will be raising and lowering her wrench.

#11644 3 years ago
Quoted from BriFi:I've noticed sometimes when I hit the SIM Card scoop, it registers a BOB trap door hit instead and therefore not counting the SIM card shot. This is frustrating when I have SIM Card lit. I guess sometimes I hit that scoop just right that the ball travels slightly up the subway path and trips the BOB trap door opto first before traveling back down to the phone scoop VUK. My NIB DILE was purchased seven months ago and came with Cliffy's installed at both the Phone and SIM Card scoops. Is there anything I can do to prevent the ball from accidentally tripping the BOB trap door opto first? Is there a simple way to relocate the BOB trap door optos further up the subway path without messing things up?

This happened to me too. The BOB opto is very close to the sim hole (they share the same subway) and the sim hole shot will roll the ball back up the subway and activate the BoB opto before the SIM hole opto. I followed the suggestion from another pinsider and moved the BoB opto further up the subway. I did have to drill two teeny pilot holes for the screws but it was a simple fix that has solved this issue completely.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/31#post-4167664

Quoted from Nokoro:

I find it hard to believe the ball is traveling the wrong way in the subway. Have you checked the BOB opto? Maybe it is loose or a little misaligned? Also try reseating the connectors.

This is a real thing. The SIM scoop is hard enough to hit in the first place. Losing your sim card to the BOB opto is infuriating.

#11645 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

This happened to me too. The BOB opto is very close to the sim hole (they share the same subway) and the sim hole shot will roll the ball back up the subway and activate the BoB opto before the SIM hole opto. I followed the suggestion from another pinsider and moved the BoB opto further up the subway. I did have to drill two teeny pilot holes for the screws but it was a simple fix that has solved this issue completely.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/31#post-4167664

This is a real thing. The SIM scoop is hard enough to hit in the first place. Losing your sim card to the BOB opto is infuriating.

Interesting. Maybe it depends upon your set up. I don’t think that’s ever happened to me. I suppose if the ball rolls in just right without hitting the back of the hole, it would have enough momentum to keep going to the BOB opto. But it just seems strange to me that it wouldn’t hit the back edge of the hole and just drop straight down.

#11646 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Interesting. Maybe it depends upon your set up. I don’t think that’s ever happened to me. I suppose if the ball rolls in just right without hitting the back of the hole, it would have enough momentum to keep going to the BOB opto. But it just seems strange to me that it wouldn’t hit the back edge of the hole and just drop straight down.

I wonder if another potential solution is to add a piece of that drop dead foam they use on targets to the back edge of the hole. Perhaps that would make an already difficult shot all the more difficult, but it might also help. Hard to tell. I just wonder if the ball is nicking the bottom edge of the hole as it goes in and then travels upward to the BOB opto, maybe that foam will slow it down enough so it doesn’t happen.

#11647 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I'm pretty sure all of this exists, maybe they could be made a little easier because I'm not sure I've ever gotten them this way.
Quick Multiballs
Drones Gone Wild Multiball
o Hit drone standup to drop items. 3 super jackpots to light SIM card.
o Jackpots for each Drone hit. Super Jackpot is in the theatre (dropped by drone after collecting a jackpot).
High Voltage Multiball
o Hit the moving QED target for jackpots. 15 jackpots to light SIM Card.
Quick Monkey Wrench Multiball
o Sneak past mechanic on the left ramp for jackpot. 3 Jackpots lights SIM Card. During this multiball Betty will be raising and lowering her wrench.

Yeah, I understand those and should have been clearer. Bob modes are actually okay, but as you said, probably too hard. It's the theatre and primary multiballs that aren't really worth playing. Nothing in a modern game should be this way.

#11648 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yeah, I understand those and should have been clearer. Bob modes are actually okay, but as you said, probably too hard. It's the theatre and primary multiballs that aren't really worth playing. Nothing in a modern game should be this way.

Agreed. I thought there was a difficult one for the primary multiball as well before reading that rulesheet. Now I feel a little stupid cranking through that multiball wondering where my letter was. I know there are a couple Beta testers on here that probably aren't allowed to say what changes are ahead but that would be nice.

#11649 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Agreed. I thought there was a difficult one for the primary multiball as well before reading that rulesheet. Now I feel a little stupid cranking through that multiball wondering where my letter was. I know there are a couple Beta testers on here that probably aren't allowed to say what changes are ahead but that would be nice.

They didn't restrict the Beta testers from saying anything. What we got for DI was just an additional menu item tree and user interface to configure and test the WIFI connection and updates. There may have been a couple of bug fixes. I don't remember if there was attract mode call outs before in the "current" code ... if not, there will be if you turn them on in the menu.

#11650 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

They didn't restrict the Beta testers from saying anything. What we got for DI was just an additional menu item tree and user interface to configure and test the WIFI connection and updates. There may have been a couple of bug fixes. I don't remember if there was attract mode call outs before in the "current" code ... if not, there will be if you turn them on in the menu.

Well, that sounds, kind of like..... lame!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Chicago, IL
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 233 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/233?hl=pinballomatic and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.