IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 273.
#11551 3 years ago

That's how I play the game. Center shot loops around to flipper that you just hold up and the ball hits the big bang shot every time, then just start most modes with a big bang lit. Use it on the harder modes, go for shots on your easier modes.

#11552 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

That's how I play the game. Center shot loops around to flipper that you just hold up and the ball hits the big bang shot every time, then just start most modes with a big bang lit. Use it on the harder modes, go for shots on your easier modes.

I do this^^^^^ works like a charm!!!

#11553 3 years ago

After reading, and I think interpreting correctly some of the scoring concepts of Guns N’ Roses. I have a scoring idea that I think would benefit dialed in tremendously.

I’ve said this before, but the main beef I have with this game is that the multi balls are terribly unrewarding. I could feel like I’m I’m royally kicking ass and then walk away with a score “maybe” aligned with completing a mode (including chaos in quantum city).

Scoring concept is this. Jackpots increase both with previous jackpot hits but also a function of time. The longer you have multiple balls in play the higher the jackpots grow.

Also, to prevent of ball holding the concept of near simulaneous targets activated would contrbute. With certain switch combo activations being more valuable (quantum theater within 2 seconds of the left ramp Betty switch) might award significant points and also boost the jackpot beyond the measly 4100 range.

Net is basing the jackpot growth based on kindergarten level rules like “previous ramp hits” is just silly, especially with you have an Intel Core CPU powering the game.

#11554 3 years ago

You don’t necessarily play this game for multi ball as the objective. It’s the modes dude, it’s the modes.

#11555 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

You don’t necessarily play this game for multi ball as the objective. It’s the modes dude, it’s the modes.

Can’t you have both? The multi balls are pretty high energy. But a 4100 point jackpot that is less than a lottery ticket award isn’t very exciting. My point is. For all the energy that is encompassed in the multi balls and even rocking it yields a shitty score that is terribly inconsistent with the amount of energy the machine is throwing at you. I’ve rocked some really long multi balls and hit a lot of shots and walked away with shit for points.

I guess I just need to play better.

#11556 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

I also feel the B.O.B targets are under valued, I have a lot of left lane drains so that kickback is key, and you get the bonus of B.O.B multiball.

Yep. Only tragic flaw in the game is that you can't hit the lowest b target. 80% of my drains are the left outlane.

#11557 3 years ago

Total choke. Qualified Armageddon for the first time ever then left drained...

E029304A-6D73-4904-B6BF-3EF96479E31A (resized).jpegE029304A-6D73-4904-B6BF-3EF96479E31A (resized).jpeg
#11558 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yep. Only tragic flaw in the game is that you can't hit the lowest b target. 80% of my drains are the left outlane.

YES! Still trying to figure out a way to hit it.

#11559 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Total choke. Qualified Armageddon for the first time ever then left drained...
[quoted image]

Next time don’t play while trying to take a picture.

#11560 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Next time don’t play while trying to take a picture.

hahahahaha! Turns out it stays lit after you drain.

#11561 3 years ago

My Dialed In is ready for bills again.

Being the first Jersey Jack Pinball using a 12 volt bill validator. When the next JJP game comes in, he becomes the donor for the new game. Until a new 12 volt bill validator arrives.

So he donated to Pirates, Then Willy Wonka, then Guns & Roses. Now, after the crazy shipping going on out there. He's ready for customers with bills again.

LTG : )

DSC00421 (resized).JPGDSC00421 (resized).JPG
#11562 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yep. Only tragic flaw in the game is that you can't hit the lowest b.o.b. target. 80% of my drains are the left outlane.

The theme is a tragedy. It's a hodge-podge of good and horrible ideas that don't fit well together at all. I avoid BOB modes because they are irritating af. While I do like the dozen or so 'armageddon phone-scoop modes', the game deserved better. For the life of me, I don't know why people try and defend it.

#11563 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

The theme is a tragedy. It's a hodge-podge of good and horrible ideas that don't fit well together at all. I avoid BOB modes because they are irritating af. While I do like the dozen or so 'armageddon phone-scoop modes', the game deserved better. For the life of me, I don't know why people try and defend it.

I guess we all have a different view on things.

#11564 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

The game is a masterpiece. If you can’t see it, I can’t help you. Speaking of tragic themes, looks like you have a Shadow?

#11565 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Because it's really fun? And well thought-out, deep, and shoots more smoothly than almost any other game? Just a guess.

#11566 3 years ago

Judging by his line-up he is a little dark.

#11567 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The game is a masterpiece. If you can’t see it, I can’t help you. Speaking of tragic themes, looks like you have a Shadow?

HHHAHHHAHAHHH .... masterpiece? Ummmmm, No.
Dialed In is a great game, but it could be so much better if the theme wasn't so goofy. As for Shadow, I agree, and would put it in the same category.

#11568 3 years ago

Dialed in is amazing bc of what it is... I love original themes that are out of the box and goofy... many may not care for its theme but I cldnt image it as anything else and absolutely love it bc if what it is.

#11569 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Judging by his line-up he is a little dark.

Hey guys, there is no reason to attack me personally because I hold an opinion that most other people share as well. Your resale value will be JUST FINE. I still have the game and was cursing at it just last night. It's fun to shoot.
If they had gone with their gut and named it Alien Armageddon (or something like that?) and skipped the stupid phone/mom-jeans stuff, it could've been even better.

#11570 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Hey guys, there is no reason to attack me personally because I hold an opinion that most other people share as well. Your resale value will be JUST FINE. I still have the game and was cursing at it just last night. It's fun to shoot.
If they had gone with their gut and named it Alien Armageddon (or something like that?) and skipped the stupid phone/mom-jeans stuff, it could've been even better.

I just meant you like dark themes. “Dialed in”
Seems a little on the Light side for your taste in games. No one is attacking you personally. Sorry if what I said came off the wrong way

#11571 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

I just meant you like dark themes. “Dialed in”
Seems a little on the Light side for your taste in games. No one is attacking you personally. Sorry if what I said came off the wrong way

Good point, and you're probably right. I do prefer more serious, adult themes. I like humor too - Monster Bash, MMadness, Lebowski, etc.
But I'm also an admitted JJP fanboy so while DI and Wonka aren't my favorite themes, I enjoy both games and I'm looking forward to Toy Story...

#11572 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I guess the non believers gotta get to like this game as it will be about the only game that could be streamed in future if things progress as in “A pinball podcast” ep “Another blow coming to pinball streamers”. It you are not aware of the changes I urge you look at it. Changes could affect broadcast of others content. It could be very interesting as Depeche Mode could have a Copyright on Silence (Enjoy the Silence) ha.
The future could be like the Goodies episode “pirate radio” , and now for “ a walk in the Black Forest” and now, “Dialed In”.

#11573 3 years ago
Quoted from palmab03:

What is this wizardry!! Thus works like a champ!

#11574 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I like the dorky theme. Are there better themes out there? For sure, but it's definitely not a tragedy. That was overblown on release.

They should have called it "killer app" but Jack could handle the word kill in the title. Lol

#11575 3 years ago

I do like the theme, it's light, fun, has some good moments and more than anything it serves the gameplay well.

Unlicensed pins are a rarity nowadays, and this one does a great job at it.

I will agree that the multiball score is frustrating, I play multiballs because it's my best shot at hitting the B randomly or the sim card shot. But after hearing Jackpot and Double jackpot twenty times and looking at the score it does feel low ball

#11576 3 years ago

I’m a fan of dialed in. I love the theme but it is weird to explain it to people. Alien Armageddon with maybe the phone being a remote where you are tuning into different channels throughout the globe might have made it a lot more coherent.

I also think it’s stupid they don’t add a massive library of voice callouts so the game is always surprising you with new sounds. Storage and processing power isn’t a limitation. Only creative thought, conventional habits, and effort are limited.

#11577 3 years ago

For a long time I did not like DI because I did not understand the theme. Late last year JJP put out the word that production of it was coming to an end and if anyone wanted one, they should make an order. Because I like all of my JJP games I thought I should give it another look and I am glad that I did. I totally misjudged the game. I now understand the concepts of the theme and it is just fine as is and a lot of fun to play. I rate it right up there with any of my other 4 JJP'S and my 4 very recent Sterns. A classic case of a mistaken first impression for me.

#11578 3 years ago

Anyone heard any recent news about a potential DI software upgrade supporting Bluetooth headphones?

This would be nice for the holidays

#11579 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

For a long time I did not like DI because I did not understand the theme. Late last year JJP put out the word that production of it was coming to an end and if anyone wanted one, they should make an order. Because I like all of my JJP games I thought I should give it another look and I am glad that I did. I totally misjudged the game. I now understand the concepts of the theme and it is just fine as is and a lot of fun to play. I rate it right up there with any of my other 4 JJP'S and my 4 very recent Sterns. A classic case of a mistaken first impression for me.

It’s a stupid theme on paper, playing it just makes sense and it’s like butter. So much fun. Even Joey pepperoni likes it!

#11580 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Total choke. Qualified Armageddon for the first time ever then left drained.

Oh man, the same happened to me on Friday. Got almost 4.4 Mio. As I was getting close I even thought about taking the glass off to make sure I don‘t mess it up. Oh well, there‘s always a next time. I think I also had 5 sim cards.

#11581 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I think a bit of the issue is a.) you state this like it is a fact and b.) it gets tiring reading people saying they don‘t like DI‘s theme.

I get it - Pinsiders are obsessed with theme, theme should be favorite movie, favorite rock group, etc.

I think we should be glad not all pins have a movie or rock group for a theme.

What are you hoping to accomplish by making your declaration? - other than provoke a reaction.

If it would help the life of you I‘d be happy to explain why I think this is a great theme. I‘m glad you like the game and I‘m sure the DI community will help ease you into the realization of the game’s great theme.

#11582 3 years ago

I like independent non licensed themes the most. It was relatively common in the old days, today it’s relatively rare.

#11583 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

You're criticizing the theme of the game in a club thread and then double down with the old "mom jeans" comment that we've all heard a million times. You shouldn't be surprised by the reaction.

#11584 3 years ago

Probably likes the attention

#11585 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

You're criticizing the theme of the game in a club thread and then double down with the old "mom jeans" comment that we've all heard a million times. You shouldn't be surprised by the reaction.

What are mom jeans anyway? Never heard that term before but I'm only 35.

#11587 3 years ago

Mom Jeans are back in style - that stonewashed denim could never stay out of the fashion spotlight forever.
I'm almost done with my latest mod which is a pair of 64" waist jordache jeans pulled up over my front legs and a pair of white new balances put over the feet.
My only hang up is the orientation, do i face the jeans with zipper towards me or the back pockets, the shoes would obviously need to follow suit.

#11588 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Mom Jeans are back in style - that stonewashed denim could never stay out of the fashion spotlight forever.
I'm almost done with my latest mod which is a pair of 64" waist jordache jeans pulled up over my front legs and a pair of white new balances put over the feet.
My only hang up is the orientation, do i face the jeans with zipper towards me or the back pockets, the shoes would obviously need to follow suit.

So you will either nudge a zipper or the back pockets of a pair of pants ! Interesting !

#11589 3 years ago

Thanks, now where do they appear in the game? Why it's it such a point of criticism to the haters? I love the humor in the game and the tackling of disasters.

#11590 3 years ago

I suppose the humor is much like a comedian. You either like their style or you don't. I'm a fan of dry humor so the callouts are spot on for me, but I can see how some would rather a more obvious exclamation.

#11591 3 years ago

Just installed some DI Mirror Bladez. I don't know why I waited so long to install. I love the look.

131045976_426753695367300_2287676660524643473_n (resized).jpg131045976_426753695367300_2287676660524643473_n (resized).jpg131334459_498531951124566_6851173055132641508_n (resized).jpg131334459_498531951124566_6851173055132641508_n (resized).jpg

#11592 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Just installed some DI Mirror Bladez. I don't know why I waited so long to install. I love the look.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Omg. Damn that is sexy!

#11593 3 years ago

Man those are nice, I just installed the pingraphix version and was happy but yours looks amazing!

0CFDA6EC-DECA-4C81-A1F2-A821257E37B6 (resized).jpeg0CFDA6EC-DECA-4C81-A1F2-A821257E37B6 (resized).jpeg594AF021-9E3A-4156-AF18-1042218C8B6B (resized).jpeg594AF021-9E3A-4156-AF18-1042218C8B6B (resized).jpeg6D813F8D-E709-463E-ACE5-2BEFC5D6C596 (resized).jpeg6D813F8D-E709-463E-ACE5-2BEFC5D6C596 (resized).jpeg
#11594 3 years ago

Yeah, what version are those anyway?

#11595 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah, what version are those anyway?

They are from pingraffix.

https://www.pingraffix.com/product-page/dialed-in-pinball-mirror-bladeskinz-jersey-jack-pinball

I know people say this all the time, but they really do look even better in person. Lol. I highly recommend them.

#11596 3 years ago

I tried installing some blades in my machine. Unfortunately there just wasn't enough room to squeeze them in. I really like the look of them.

#11597 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I tried installing some blades in my machine. Unfortunately there just wasn't enough room to squeeze them in. I really like the look of them.

My son and myself took the playfield out and the install was much easier.

I also bought the interior cabinet pin blade protector set.

You do have to be careful putting the playfield back in (obviously).

80C51C13-256C-46DC-B473-88476D32122F (resized).jpeg80C51C13-256C-46DC-B473-88476D32122F (resized).jpeg
#11598 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

My son and myself took the playfield out and the install was much easier.
I also bought the interior cabinet pin blade protector set.
You do have to be careful putting the playfield back in (obviously). [quoted image]

I’ve installed two sets of blades and the “Wet Method” literally took me 10 minutes are was flawless. You can shimmy it right into place. I did two sets because you cannot lift the playfield up and down without a protector and I toasted one set.

#11599 3 years ago
Quoted from DeeGor:

I was worried about that too, but it actually wasn't that bad with the assistance of my wife. I used the plastic side protectors and shifted the playfield slightly to one side to install the first side. I had plenty of room and then did the same to get the other side. Clearance was actually decent, but I have the assurance of the plastic side protectors too.

I wish Pingraffix made more of these for different machines. It's the best of both worlds having the art of the graphics and the benefit (coolness) of the mirror reflection.

#11600 3 years ago

any other side art besides mirror or ones with space ships?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 232 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/232 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.