IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 273.
#11501 3 years ago

So I bought and installed a noise filter, hoping to get rid of some static through the speakers, it did not help. What I am hearing is a 2 second burst of a crackling pop and static about 15-25 seconds after I turn DI on..............any suggestions?

#11502 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

If its not broken don't fix it.

Alternatively, if it is broke ( the ramp flap ) don't fix it!. Mine broke off 2 years ago, I have a replacement but have never fitted it, the machine doesn't suffer at all leaving it off.

#11503 3 years ago

Could someone show me a photo of how the spider is secured to the ramp sign? Including the screw? Thank you very much

Also on the left ramp, is the blue metal ramp flap easily replaceable?

#11504 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

So I bought and installed a noise filter, hoping to get rid of some static through the speakers, it did not help. What I am hearing is a 2 second burst of a crackling pop and static about 15-25 seconds after I turn DI on..............any suggestions?

Same here. :/

#11505 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

Alternatively, if it is broke ( the ramp flap ) don't fix it!. Mine broke off 2 years ago, I have a replacement but have never fitted it, the machine doesn't suffer at all leaving it off.

On mine, with a broken ramp, it will hit the trap door a bit since its not fully flush and make the orbit clunky.

#11506 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

On mine, with a broken ramp, it will hit the trap door a bit since its not fully flush and make the orbit clunky.

I guess you're trap door must be set slightly above the playfield.

#11507 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Could someone show me a photo of how the spider is secured to the ramp sign? Including the screw? Thank you very much
Also on the left ramp, is the blue metal ramp flap easily replaceable?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11508 3 years ago

Thank you

#11509 3 years ago

Does noise filter for WOZ and Hobbit work on this one? My DI is twice as loud humming that my WOZ.

#11510 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Does noise filter for WOZ and Hobbit work on this one? My DI is twice as loud humming that my WOZ.

Yes same sound setup

#11511 3 years ago

I tried 3 different filters, none have worked.

#11512 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I tried 3 different filters, none have worked.

This one has worked well for me.
https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Ground-Isolator-Stereo-System/dp/B019393MV2

#11513 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

This one has worked well for me.
amazon.com link »

That was one of the 3 I have. It made the noise go away but totally muffled the sound and my sub didn’t work anymore after installing.

7AFF82AC-0C68-45C6-971D-B589D63B9501 (resized).jpeg7AFF82AC-0C68-45C6-971D-B589D63B9501 (resized).jpeg
#11514 3 years ago

It’s Friday evening and I’m bored. Hoping to start a mini discussion around two topics. First is has anyone played guns and roses and how do you like it? Can’t wait to see and play it. Secondly and most importantly. Curious to know how long most of you have held their dialed and games. I’m coming up on 750 days or so. And I have about that exact many plays on my dial in. And what’s really strange the damn thing really doesn’t ever get old. Sure there might be a week or two where I don’t play it but then as soon as I turn it on and start playing it I can’t really turn it off again and the cycle continues.

So here’s the real second question for discussion. The heat on the game is well documented. Cell phone theme theme sucks stupid. 90s type of rules set, linear imbalanced scoring etc. But then there’s a whole other group in the reviews that consider DI an all-time classic, fun, etc. I’m more in this camp, but I’ve never owned say a modern stern with a “modern” rule set so I have no basis of comparison. Because frankly, when I have one of those what seem like infinitely variable dialed in experiences with three different modes stacked and a crazy awesome light show and I’m popping some nice jackpots (where I am ultimately disappointed in my scoring yield btw) I still think to myself “this thing is freaking so fun I don’t understand how anyone couldn’t rate this experience a 10.” What am I missing. Do modern Stearns create and do the same sort of things in the players? Want to restart the love thread on this game.

#11515 3 years ago

It’s the wrong conclusion that DI is a cell phone theme. It’s a disaster theme, a typical Lawlor game. The cell phone is only a means to an end to start the missions. But it’s right that is was a mistake to give the cell phone such an attention.

DI is one of the machines with the „just one more game“ desire built in!

#11516 3 years ago

I've had mine for 1248 days. There will be times where new pins are brought in and get all of my attention, but overall DI is my favorite. I love the shots/layout, the innovation, the lighting and even the theme.

DI isn't going to leave my collection anytime soon.

#11517 3 years ago

DI is definitely a “modern” rule set. I think the only thing missing is a mini wizard mode or two half way through collecting the letters, I really wish there was some mode reward after 4 letters collected.

I have a GnR and it’s amazing, but they couldn’t be more different games. From layout to feel to rule set they are just on totally different ends of the spectrum. I think they compliment each other really well. DI is about progression (how many modes can I complete) while GnR is about building up a big jackpot on one mode (song).

#11518 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

DI is definitely a “modern” rule set. I think the only thing missing is a mini wizard mode or two half way through collecting the letters, I really wish there was some mode reward after 4 letters collected.
I have a GnR and it’s amazing, but they couldn’t be more different games. From layout to feel to rule set they are just on totally different ends of the spectrum. I think they compliment each other really well. DI is about progression (how many modes can I complete) while GnR is about building up a big jackpot on one mode (song).

Chaos in quantum city is sort of like that, and more accessible than collecting half the letters. A short single ball "city destruction mode" that keyed off the disasters you already finished would be cool, but I am not sure the game feels incomplete without it. Just like I don't think there is anything for getting through all the Crazy bob modes and "red" multiballs... the journey is the reward there (and maybe more sim cards along the way if you do well).

#11519 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

But it’s right that is was a mistake to give the cell phone such an attention.

In my opinion I don't think it was a mistake at all. It was a very clever way of tying all these disaster modes into one central point. The cell phone has been and will continue to be a major part of society for the foreseeable future. Currently I do not believe there is any direct replacement for the cell phone in the works. This is coming from someone who would gladly throw their phone in the ocean and never carry one again

#11520 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Chaos in quantum city is sort of like that, and more accessible than collecting half the letters. A short single ball "city destruction mode" that keyed off the disasters you already finished would be cool, but I am not sure the game feels incomplete without it. Just like I don't think there is anything for getting through all the Crazy bob modes and "red" multiballs... the journey is the reward there (and maybe more sim cards along the way if you do well).

Wow good to know! I guess I’ve never activated 6 modes in a game before, I have gotten up to 4 SIM letters though

#11521 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

It’s Friday evening and I’m bored. Hoping to start a mini discussion around two topics. First is has anyone played guns and roses and how do you like it? Can’t wait to see and play it. Secondly and most importantly. Curious to know how long most of you have held their dialed and games. I’m coming up on 750 days or so. And I have about that exact many plays on my dial in. And what’s really strange the damn thing really doesn’t ever get old. Sure there might be a week or two where I don’t play it but then as soon as I turn it on and start playing it I can’t really turn it off again and the cycle continues.
So here’s the real second question for discussion. The heat on the game is well documented. Cell phone theme theme sucks stupid. 90s type of rules set, linear imbalanced scoring etc. But then there’s a whole other group in the reviews that consider DI an all-time classic, fun, etc. I’m more in this camp, but I’ve never owned say a modern stern with a “modern” rule set so I have no basis of comparison. Because frankly, when I have one of those what seem like infinitely variable dialed in experiences with three different modes stacked and a crazy awesome light show and I’m popping some nice jackpots (where I am ultimately disappointed in my scoring yield btw) I still think to myself “this thing is freaking so fun I don’t understand how anyone couldn’t rate this experience a 10.” What am I missing. Do modern Stearns create and do the same sort of things in the players? Want to restart the love thread on this game.

I played GNR. Fun game but I liked dialed in way better. I only have had it for about 45 days now but play it every day and it’s my first pin. It’s so smooth and such a blast. I don’t like that I have a hard time post passing on this game, anyone else? I just ordered my second. NIB, Jurassic park from stern and find stern games let you control the ball a bit better but there’s something really special about a JJP

#11522 3 years ago

Just unboxed my Dialed In LE No 249, 3 days ago. I have to say this game is amazing, I haven’t touched my other machines since because it is so good. I love the disaster theme and can’t understand the people who get so hung up about there being a phone on it, so what. The game shoots so well and plays so fast, I was amazed at the amount of change when I update the code and made a great game even better. Watching the lights on it, it’s like an artwork. This game should be in every arcade, it appeals to so many and would create a new generation of pinball players it’s that good.

1D6752EC-B5C7-4771-9AC9-21C0DA960C72 (resized).jpeg1D6752EC-B5C7-4771-9AC9-21C0DA960C72 (resized).jpeg5F6C017C-870E-45AA-BCA9-59D52E99662C (resized).jpeg5F6C017C-870E-45AA-BCA9-59D52E99662C (resized).jpeg

#11523 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I don’t like that I have a hard time post passing on this game, anyone else? I just ordered my second. NIB, Jurassic park from stern and find stern games let you control the ball a bit better but there’s something really special about a JJP

The flippers are more like older W/B flippers, but even a little different than those. I consider it a good thing as you'll need to get used to post passing with different flippers. Some games (like my shadow) don't allow it at all, which makes for a different (and fun) strategy change. I can post pass easily 90% of the time on my DI, but it did take some getting used to. This will also help you to learn flipper control for olders SS games with fatter, less-responsive flippers. Flipper variety is a good thing!

#11524 3 years ago

I see a cool getaway in there. I miss my old getaway. All good commentary. I just went through and read through some of the ratings reviews and flagged what I thought were some pretty bogus posts. For the life of me as I read this stuff I can’t understand the negative criticisms and negative narrative on dialed in. It’s just so counter to me as a Pinball fan to not like this game. I’ve been playing pinball I think my whole entire life long starting before commercialized theme integration was the thing. Black Knight, black hole, Funhouse, whirlwind etc. DI is such a crazy gift to the bygone era I can’t understand the modern haters. So weird to me. I guess I’m old.

#11525 3 years ago

Today, after two years owning this machine, I experienced cell phone monitor dropouts. The monitor was blank shortly in the middle of a game but came back after two or three seconds indicating the VGA input signal indication on the upper right corner. Happend several times. I think the constant shaking while playing just lead to this.

As I do not want to search the 230 pages does anybody have a hint what to check? I removed the plexi at the back of the cell phone and reseated the VGA connector and also checked the two other connections there. Any other tip?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#11526 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Today, after two years owning this machine, I experienced cell phone monitor dropouts. The monitor was blank shortly in the middle of a game but came back after two or three seconds indicating the VGA input signal indication on the upper right corner. Happend several times. I think the constant shaking while playing just lead to this.
As I do not want to search the 230 pages does anybody have a hint what to check? I removed the plexi at the back of the cell phone and reseated the VGA connector and also checked the two other connections there. Any other tip?

try reseating the RJ45 plug on the back of the phone.

#11527 3 years ago
Quoted from fiberdude120:

try reseating the RJ45 plug on the back of the phone.

What does the RJ45 connection do exacly?

#11528 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Unfortunately, this is a known issue without a known solution. My phone was replaced three times, and the video card once, and I still occasionally get blackouts. Sometimes they are like yours, other times it stays black till reboot. It is caused by the shock of the ball hitting the posts beside the scoop.

#11529 3 years ago

Is there anyway the screen can sit in any cushioning? Not opened mine yet but will sooner or later as I have a flaky led around the screen.

#11530 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I see a cool getaway in there. I miss my old getaway. All good commentary. I just went through and read through some of the ratings reviews and flagged what I thought were some pretty bogus posts. For the life of me as I read this stuff I can’t understand the negative criticisms and negative narrative on dialed in. It’s just so counter to me as a Pinball fan to not like this game. I’ve been playing pinball I think my whole entire life long starting before commercialized theme integration was the thing. Black Knight, black hole, Funhouse, whirlwind etc. DI is such a crazy gift to the bygone era I can’t understand the modern haters. So weird to me. I guess I’m old.

Totally agree it’s such a fantastic game.

#11531 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Happened to mine three months ago amd realized the screws that clamped the phone together were loose- one was virtually off. Reseated the plastic phone face on and tightened all the screws down and phone has been perfect ever since. The ribbon cable seems a little delicate so I was careful in my screen positioning during the reseat. Knock on wood I remain lucky.

#11532 3 years ago

So you dismantled the phone? How exactly?

So it’s more a contact problem than any hardware issue.

#11533 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

So you dismantled the phone? How exactly?
So it’s more a contact problem than any hardware issue.

I did. Out of necessity mainly. It was tricky. There are I think four golden colored screws. Two on top and two on bottom. They are hard to reach but doable. Be careful to not lose a screw down the phone scoop hole.

But once all are removed the plastic case bits will come apart along with a clear plastic screen that covers the actual lcd. The lcd will want to fall and twist on its ribbon cable. Reseat cable maybe move it around to the screens most natural position where the ribbon cable is least contorted and see if the problem rectifies (you’ll know what I mean when you get there) Reseat main vga connect as well. You should also be able to procure a replacement lcd direct if this jimmy-ing doesn’t work. Common part it seems.

#11534 3 years ago

I also removed some of the surrounding bits as well from the playfield to allow better access to the screws.

#11535 3 years ago

Shouldn’t it be enough to remove the two scews of the phone holder at the left side of the cell phone to remove the whole thing? I think it would be easier to handle, wouldn’t it be?

#11536 3 years ago

what a choke job of a game I just had... sitting there with 1.7 million score... 2 balls left, 4 un-claimed sim card carry overs, and the mini wizard mode lit and I double drain to go home with the same 1.7 million.

#11537 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

what a choke job of a game I just had... sitting there with 1.7 million score... 2 balls left, 4 un-claimed sim card carry overs, and the mini wizard mode lit and I double drain to go home with the same 1.7 million.

Now that’s my style!

#11538 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

This just makes me sad! Get back after it!

#11539 3 years ago

Can someone post of pic of ground loop isolator on this game? Just wanting to be sure where to put it.

#11540 3 years ago
Quoted from oropuro:

Can someone post of pic of ground loop isolator on this game? Just wanting to be sure where to put it.

You can search this thread.

"Here is the answer from Stephen from JJP:
Okay as far as the noise goes what will work is a ground loop isolator like they use for car stereos to cut out electrical interference. They are cheap and easy to install. You place it in line with the pink jack on the sound board - you plug the male plug that currently plugs into the pink input jack on the sound board into the isolator instead, then the male output from the isolator into the pink jack. No tools, no soldering, simple. You then need a place for the isolator body to live up there since things are tight but they are plastic small and extremely light so no big deal there.
Steve "

LTG : )

gli (resized).jpggli (resized).jpg
#11541 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

My cell phone monitor is doing that also. Usually works fine for a game or two but then will drop the signal - black screen for several seconds, screen turns on again with the VGA input displayed, screen works for 10-15 second, rinse and repeat.

Tech support is sending me a 4.3 inch LCD driver board. The price is $42.99 plus shipping.

You can test if it is the driver board by connecting a monitor to the VGA port the cell phone uses on the computer. If the issue does not occur on the external monitor, then the issue is the driver board.

#11542 3 years ago

I bought a replacement lcd screen including driver board for 25 Euro via eBay several months ago as a user over at flippermarkt.de recommended it. It’s exact the same board, I checked. So if it happens more often, I‘ll try to replace the monitor. I’m not very good at such things but I don’t think it’s that difficult.

#11543 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I bought a replacement lcd screen including driver board for 25 Euro via eBay several months ago as a user over at flippermarkt.de recommended it. It’s exact the same board, I checked. So if it happens more often, I‘ll try to replace the monitor. I’m not very good at such things but I don’t think it’s that difficult.

Yeah, you can buy the same LED screen for like $26 via aliexpress.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000497063840.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.48424c4d3uJbuZ

#11545 3 years ago

Man the Big Bang is such a key thing in this game, now that I am focused on it more the whole game has opened up, adds such a great level of strategy and excitement

#11546 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Man the Big Bang is such a key thing in this game, now that I am focused on it more the whole game has opened up, adds such a great level of strategy and excitement

I also feel the B.O.B targets are under valued, I have a lot of left lane drains so that kickback is key, and you get the bonus of B.O.B multiball.

#11547 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Does the Big Bang give you anything more than a big score bonus ?

#11548 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Does the Big Bang give you anything more than a big score bonus ?

It ends the mode you're in successfully and if you are in main multiball, it gives you all the jackpots. Great if both is happening at the same time!

#11549 3 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

It ends the mode you're in successfully and if you are in main multiball, it gives you all the jackpots. Great if both is happening at the same time!

So basically, everytime you start a mode you can just hit the big bang targets repeatedly and complete all the modes ?

Wow that is quite a change in strategy

#11550 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

So basically, everytime you start a mode you can just hit the big bang targets repeatedly and complete all the modes ?
Wow that is quite a change in strategy

Yes, but good luck. Easier said than done. Each time, it takes more shots to qualify BB. And, keep in mind that finishing the mode that way won’t award you any bonus points from the SIM multipliers. It is definitely useful to have for the harder modes, but something to use sparingly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 231 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/231 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.