IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 273.
#11451 3 years ago

Left or right flipper to the phone scoop piece of piss for me but the SIM card shot well let’s just say I’m getting better, it’s a hard shot but not impossible. Practice makes perfect as I’m hitting it more and more.

#11452 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

Left or right flipper to the phone scoop piece of piss for me but the SIM card shot well let’s just say I’m getting better, it’s a hard shot but not impossible. Practice makes perfect as I’m hitting it more and more.

Right flipper to the phone scoop is like golfing, I’ll crush it 10 times then not be able to hit it to save my life. I still haven’t broken my 700k, and that’s a sucky score.

#11453 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Right flipper to the phone scoop is like golfing, I’ll crush it 10 times then not be able to hit it to save my life. I still haven’t broken my 700k, and that’s a sucky score.

Did you change the Sim Card setting to roll over after you lose the ball? If not do it, makes the game so much more enjoyable.

#11454 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Did you change the Sim Card setting to roll over after you lose the ball? If not do it, makes the game so much more enjoyable.

#11455 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

But don‘t you hate it when you don‘t release the flipper button fast enough and block your phone shot with the upper flipper...

Yep that happens to me a lot, I often forgot to release the button when I do this shot
I should be used to it, WOZ has a very similar shot to this one

#11456 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Yep that happens to me a lot, I often forgot to release the button when I do this shot
I should be used to it, WOZ has a very similar shot to this one

Can you half press the flipper button so only the lower flipper extends to backhand to the Phone?

#11457 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Can you half press the flipper button so only the lower flipper extends to backhand to the Phone?

That takes a lot of coordination. Better just to train yourself to release the button after backhanding. I haven’t had a problem with this on DI, but I do sometimes run into issues on my Flash Gordon with the same thing, so I know the feeling.

#11458 3 years ago

I can do it without a ball in play, but with a ball it takes some skills I don't have

#11459 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I can do it without a ball in play, but with a ball it takes some skills I don't have

I haven’t mastered the skill of this. I alway feel I need to smash the buttons. I also rip through paper when I write. Aggressive I guess

#11460 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

I did, and of course I can drop it in that slot 100x when I don’t have a SIM card, only changes I made was making the modes a little easier (I believe it gives your more time) and the sim carry over. I love the game, and need to get better

#11461 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I did, and of course I can drop it in that slot 100x when I don’t have a SIM card, only changes I made was making the modes a little easier (I believe it gives your more time) and the sim carry over. I love the game, and need to get better

I've never managed to hit that hole directly from the upper right flipper. My best success rate is by bouncing against the big bang target

#11462 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I've never managed to hit that hole directly from the upper right flipper. My best success rate is by bouncing against the big bang target

I especially enjoy hitting the Big Bang target straight on and having the ball shoot right into the outhole before you can even blink.

#11463 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

When the QED guy is left you can also bank it off of the drone area as well, my personal favorite is of the theatre right target.

#11464 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I especially enjoy hitting the Big Bang target straight on and having the ball shoot right into the outhole before you can even blink.

I normally drink while playing and it always gets me too, irresistible

#11465 3 years ago

Hi dialed in fans. I have a tech issue. My phone scoop is registering may be 70% of the time when a ball enters from the Sim card hole or the subway. I have to nudge the machine to get the switch to register. This presents a significant problem during gameplay as I get credit for shooting the phone scoop in there for modes start when I’m not in title.

Now here’s the real strange thing I thought it was a switch issue. But then I stuck my phone camera in there and I took the following photo. There appears to be either a piece of tape or a metal plate down at the bottom of the phone scoop and it’s not centered properly. I think this has something to do with my problem. The first question is do you think this is a factory installed thing. Do any of you have the same sort of apparatus? Suggestions? I’m thinking about removing it. Still figuring out how to do that though…

3FC693CA-2ED7-46A8-B0CF-54E0B30B6624 (resized).png3FC693CA-2ED7-46A8-B0CF-54E0B30B6624 (resized).png
#11466 3 years ago

Problem solved. It appears to be my trap door plate.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11467 3 years ago

this game is kicking my ASSSSSS any tips? My top score is 1.7 million

#11468 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Good job! I wouldn’t complain I’ve had mine a year and I’m sporting this score

A8D517E3-E307-4470-9819-1CDDD5A7456F (resized).jpegA8D517E3-E307-4470-9819-1CDDD5A7456F (resized).jpeg
#11469 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Stick a spacer where the wireform above it fastens on. So it doesn't hit the wireform and break off again.

LTG : )

DSC00286 (resized).JPGDSC00286 (resized).JPG
#11470 3 years ago

Good job! I wouldn’t complain I’ve had mine a year and I’m sporting this score[quoted image]

You just need exercise! This game is absolutely amazing!

69E02210-6C2A-49AD-B560-B311B80AEAEA (resized).jpeg69E02210-6C2A-49AD-B560-B311B80AEAEA (resized).jpeg
#11471 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Yeah this game pretty much kicks asses. Here’s what I did. First I turned on Sim card carryover. It was just too frustrating. I know it’s super satisfying when you do collect a Sim card when not carrying over but believe me you still leave a shit ton of Sim cards on the table and it’s still satisfying.

I also removed my mantis protector. I was getting too many rejects from the phone scoop. The shot is more satisfying and assertive now. I also maximize the extra balls. I get an extra ball at 500 K, 1.5 million and 2.5 million. I think I also get them extra ball at 25 combos not 35. I’m thinking about dialing this back a bit...

Even with all of these changes, my boy who is a freaking pinball Wizard still has like 4.7 million as the grand champion. His strategy is to pound the Lite Big Bang and then bigbang all the modes whenever possible.

#11472 3 years ago
Quoted from Joca:

You just need exercise! This game is absolutely amazing! [quoted image]

Holy crap. Is this default? That’s score is awesome.

#11473 3 years ago

Do any of you dialed in owners also have the latest Jurassic Park and/or Deadpool? Are there any conditions under which you would ever swap the amazing dialed in for one of those?

#11474 3 years ago

Nope. I have all 3 and all are keepers.

#11475 3 years ago

i sold my JP2 for dialed in. Both great games

#11476 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Stick a spacer where the wireform above it fastens on. So it doesn't hit the wireform and break off again.

Did you have room between the station and glass? When I tried adding the spacer the station was too high I couldn't get the glass back on.

#11477 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Always have a mode going. Get familiar with the modes so you know what shots to go for.

#11478 3 years ago
Quoted from t500:

Did you have room between the station and glass? When I tried adding the spacer the station was too high I couldn't get the glass back on.

I didn't try this. I stuck a nut in the bottom of my coil so the plunger couldn't raise the trap door as high.

#11479 3 years ago
Quoted from t500:

On my Dialed In there is a spacer on the end of the ramp. It was there when I got the game and I have not had any issues with the trap door hitting the ramp

Dialed In (resized).jpgDialed In (resized).jpg
#11480 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

On my Dialed In there is a spacer on the end of the ramp. It was there when I got the game

That spacer is on every Dialed In.

#11481 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

[quoted image]

if it's out of warranty you can get one here.
https://www.pinballlife.com/trap-door-assembly.html

#11482 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

That spacer is on every Dialed In.

Good to know. Wonder if I should go ahead and put a spacer on the other spot. I don’t appear to have any issues with my trap door, but I plan to shop out that area anyway and could add the spacer while I have it apart.

#11483 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

Good to know. Wonder if I should go ahead and put a spacer on the other spot. I don’t appear to have any issues with my trap door, but I plan to shop out that area anyway and could add the spacer while I have it apart.

If its not broken don't fix it.

#11484 3 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

Quoted from fiberdude120:

If its not broken don't fix it.

Yes, except mine was fine for over two years before it finally broke. Sometimes preventative maintenance can be a good thing.

#11485 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Yes, except mine was fine for over two years before it finally broke. Sometimes preventative maintenance can be a good thing.

Sometimes

#11486 3 years ago

Always

#11487 3 years ago

Not always but most of the time. I dont need to get into this here.

#11488 3 years ago

Not always but most of the time. I dont need to get into this here.

If you can’t take it don’t have an opinion. Just like you we also have an opinion. We all gave our 10 cents. That’s it no reason to get bent

#11489 3 years ago

Who is getting bent,Im just stating that it is not always the case like you said. I had a guy that worked for me and for preventative maint on his sisters car he changed her oil and did some things that did not need to be done. And through human error it cost him a new engine in her car that had less than 10k miles on it. Preventive maint is great but its always done by humans that can screw up and when it happens it can be costly for something that did not need to be done in the first place.

#11490 3 years ago

So do you wear a condom or pullout?
Depends how much drink lol

#11491 3 years ago

Who is getting bent,Im just stating that it is not always the case like you said. I had a guy that worked for me and for preventative maint on his sisters car he changed her oil and did some things that did not need to be done. And through human error it cost him a new engine in her car that had less than 10k miles on it. Preventive maint is great but its always done by humans that can screw up and when it happens it can be costly for something that did not need to be done in the first place.

You win! Lol
This must be my ex wife

#11492 3 years ago

You win! Lol
This must be my ex wife

No winner here just a friendly discussion. Have a great holiday Green-Machine.

#11493 3 years ago

No winner here just a friendly discussion. Have a great holiday Green-Machine.

I’ll have a couple days off work. Thanks! Enjoy your week

#11495 3 years ago

Hi everyone, I just purchased this Mod for my Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle but I thought of my Dialed In and that cheap five and dime spider that's on the sign. I was hoping somebody would make a spider mod for Dialed In. I've wondered why more mod makers don't make stuff for multiple games since many mods would fit in other games if they just changed the paint job.

I am just looking for a little feedback from anyone here on what they think of this spider Mod by Cento. I left the other spider on for comparison. Here's what I'd like to know. Should I keep it or get rid of it? Exchange it with the one that came in the game and put it on the sign? Paint it to match the one of the sign? Put is somewhere else or leave it where it is? I kind of think the one on the sign was just a cheap toy Jersey Jack purchased in quantity and the color scheme doesn't really mean anything. I kind of like the black widow.

There are quite a few places you can attach this Mod right by the spider insert. I didn't even screw this is. The wire attached to it wedges in kind of perfectly and you can bend it to change the angle on the spider.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Spider Mod 2 (resized).JPGSpider Mod 2 (resized).JPGSpider Mod 3 (resized).JPGSpider Mod 3 (resized).JPGSpider Mod 4 (resized).JPGSpider Mod 4 (resized).JPGSpider Mod 5 (resized).JPGSpider Mod 5 (resized).JPGSpider Mod 9 (resized).JPGSpider Mod 9 (resized).JPG
#11496 3 years ago

Nice! Switch it out! Seems like whichever should have purple on it?

#11497 3 years ago
Quoted from jcg9998:

Hi everyone, I just purchased this Mod for my Alice Cooper Nightmare Castle but I thought of my Dialed In and that cheap five and dime spider that's on the sign. I was hoping somebody would make a spider mod for Dialed In. I've wondered why more mod makers don't make stuff for multiple games since many mods would fit in other games if they just changed the paint job.
I am just looking for a little feedback from anyone here on what they think of this spider Mod by Cento. I left the other spider on for comparison. Here's what I'd like to know. Should I keep it or get rid of it? Exchange it with the one that came in the game and put it on the sign? Paint it to match the one of the sign? Put is somewhere else or leave it where it is? I kind of think the one on the sign was just a cheap toy Jersey Jack purchased in quantity and the color scheme doesn't really mean anything. I kind of like the black widow.
There are quite a few places you can attach this Mod right by the spider insert. I didn't even screw this is. The wire attached to it wedges in kind of perfectly and you can bend it to change the angle on the spider.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I would recommend that you choose the spider toy.

#11498 3 years ago

Does anyone remember the feel / vibe of the 1.5x version of the chaos in quantum city multiball? I remember the strobing lights and to me felt like the game was melting. I liked it.

Wish there was a setting for randomly selecting between old and new experience or choosing your preference.

#11499 3 years ago

Wasn't it just doing the rainbow thing over and over? I remember I was quite stunned when the new light show was in place!

#11500 3 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

Wasn't it just doing the rainbow thing over and over? I remember I was quite stunned when the new light show was in place!

Maybe. I remember a high pulse strobe as much as anything. Epilepsy inducing level maybe. But yeah, new light show is fabulous too. The way this pinball makes you feel as you progress is so great. I’ve had it almost two years and there are several multiball modes where no one has topped the default leader boards!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 22.50
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 230 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/230?hl=kenswift and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.