IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 273.
#1101 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

That did it! Shifted the play of the entire game.

Glad you got that fixed and now you are back to normal gameplay. This should be huge for you now.

#1102 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I play in total darkness and di is plenty bright and is probably the most well lit stock pin ive ever played. No issue at all and the pinstadium wld just take away from the amazing light show and effects .

Have to agree DI is just right with the lighting. Hasn't got the in your face blinding LED's that many Sterns seem to suffer from.

Not a fan of making every game light up like an Xmas tree!

It is good to have dark areas as that then gives a good contrast during the light shows.

Brighter the lights, the more light shows suffer.

#1103 6 years ago

Finally got my game up and running after 2 consecutive ball trough board failures (!!!!).

I remember reading it but don't know where.....what mode dictates the movement of the mechanics arm? I know mechanic multiball, but what else?

Also how do you adjust the mechanics arm alignment?

#1104 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Have to agree DI is just right with the lighting. Hasn't got the in your face blinding LED's that many Sterns seem to suffer from.
Not a fan of making every game light up like an Xmas tree!
It is good to have dark areas as that then gives a good contrast during the light shows.
Brighter the lights, the more light shows suffer.

Yes Christmas trees are a no no and as far as the light show goes that is why GI integration is important and a must have. Bright insert LED's and darker playfields create too much contrast for the eye and really makes things worse.

#1105 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Finally got my game up and running after 2 consecutive ball trough board failures (!!!!).
I remember reading it but don't know where.....what mode dictates the movement of the mechanics arm? I know mechanic multiball, but what else?
Also how do you adjust the mechanics arm alignment?

Here is a link to the board trough on the manual. Page 54 shows assembly:

http://159.203.76.48/di/DI_Manual_2_0_August_2017.pdf

Sections 2-6 are where you can make physical adjustments. Check for loose nuts, make sure the spring is seated properly, then feel for smooth movement in the plunger sleeve. Is this what you are looking for?

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#1106 6 years ago

Finally got to join the club yesterday. Mixed feelings on this. Love the pin, absolutely love the pin. But out of box, some issues. Split cab, damage to the decals on the head and coin door. My distributor is going to contact JJP today to determine the way ahead.

cab (resized).jpgcab (resized).jpg

20171025_173748 (resized).jpg20171025_173748 (resized).jpg

20171025_171850 (resized).jpg20171025_171850 (resized).jpg

#1107 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Finally got to join the club yesterday. Mixed feelings on this. Love the pin, absolutely love the pin. But out of box, some issues. Split cab, damage to the decals on the head and coin door. My distributor is going to contact JJP today to determine the way ahead.

I am sure JJP will make it right. Sounds like they usually do right by their customers.

#1108 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I had similar damage to my backbox decals and had a tracking number for some new ones the same day I called in.

#1109 6 years ago

I am sure they will make it right. Their customer service is outstanding always.

#1110 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Was your shipping box messed up? Had to be shipping issues. I can't see JJP shipping that out.

#1111 6 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Was your shipping box messed up? Had to be shipping issues. I can't see JJP shipping that out.

Box was absolutely fine. And it wasn't tipped or dropped during shipping as that arrow thing they put on the box that will show if this happened was fine.

Quoted from pinstadium:

I am sure they will make it right. Their customer service is outstanding always.

Yes, I have absolutely no doubt that JJP will make it right. Just kind of a disappointment.

#1112 6 years ago

Quoted from Bigbossfan:And it wasn't tipped or dropped during shipping as that arrow thing they put on the box that will show if this happened was fine.

JJP forgot to pull the tab on the Tip & Tell indicator on my DILE, so even if it WAS dropped, I would never know.

#1113 6 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

JJP forgot to pull the tab on the Tip & Tell indicator on my DILE, so even if it WAS dropped, I would never know.

Understood, but with the split being at the front of the machine, I would suspect a split would happen at the back of the machine if it was dropped.

Either way, as others have mentioned, I have no doubt/hope that JJP will make good on the issues.

#1114 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

Understood, but with the split being at the front of the machine, I would suspect a split would happen at the back of the machine if it was dropped.
Either way, as others have mentioned, I have no doubt/hope that JJP will make good on the issues.

That's someone else, but mine has a split too, on the bottom right front of the machine. My distributor has fwded pics to JJP but have heard nothing back yet. This is definitely NOT shipping damage. It's split, but it's not loose or moving.

IMG_8326 (resized).JPGIMG_8326 (resized).JPG

IMG_5894 (resized).JPGIMG_5894 (resized).JPG

#1115 6 years ago

How do you get code 1.46, I'm receiving my game tomorrow but they only have 1.13 on their site?

#1116 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

How do you get code 1.46, I'm receiving my game tomorrow but they only have 1.13 on their site?

It's not yet released. When it is it will be up on the site.

#1117 6 years ago

What is the tip and tell indicator? Don't think I noticed one (and my box was banged up/ripped)

#1118 6 years ago

Could be the purest playfield ever designed...

#1119 6 years ago

I'm having the constant issue of the magnet in the theater dropping the ball SDTM every single time. Nudging won't help. I know this was brought up earlier, but is anyone aware of a fix besides putting the machine in Director's Cut mode?

#1120 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I know this was brought up earlier, but is anyone aware of a fix besides putting the machine in Director's Cut mode?

Yes you need to go into the menu and adjust the magnet settings and see what happens.

For example

Quoted from PinMonk:

Trial and error. It should release the ball a little then quickly pull it back, swinging it around to the right upper flipper. Start at -90 and try it, then adjust -10 until you get to the point it does it reliably. I will say that removing the mylar from the magnet core in the center of that mylar also required me to re-adjust the pull time, too.

#1121 6 years ago

It's in the device test - theater test menu

#1122 6 years ago
Quoted from Pale_Purple:

What is the tip and tell indicator? Don't think I noticed one (and my box was banged up/ripped)

This was on the outside of my shipment. Unfortunately, the plastic tab hadn't been pulled, so it couldn't do its job.

04152014tipntell (resized).jpg04152014tipntell (resized).jpg

#1123 6 years ago

My cabinet is also "split" like that in the bottom left side on the front but it's covered by the leg so I just ignored it. It's clearly glued that way from the factory and isn't a stress crack. Game is otherwise flawless.

SplitSplit

#1124 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

My cabinet is also "split" like that in the bottom left side on the front but it's covered by the leg so I just ignored it. It's clearly glued that way from the factory and isn't a stress crack. Game is otherwise flawless.

Glad to be joining, got mine yesterday, It's a fantastic game and very well built, mine has the same separation but under the leg so no worries otherwise no flaws.

#1125 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

you can use wood glue, pour some into the hole and then use a bar or strap clamp to bring it back together, should be good as new. Not saying you should have to do this with a new game, but to save headaches, this is the easiest course of action and results in no down time.

#1126 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

this is the easiest course of action and results in no down time.

It was even easier to just put the legs on and play it. The cabinet is perfectly sturdy as-is since that crack has wood glue inside it - you can see some of it in the photo. It's a cosmetic defect that's hidden by the legs anyway.

If the cabinet decals were gouged I might be contacting someone but this is fine.

#1127 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

you can use wood glue, pour some into the hole and then use a bar or strap clamp to bring it back together, should be good as new. Not saying you should have to do this with a new game, but to save headaches, this is the easiest course of action and results in no down time.

In my case at least it is obvious that it was glued like this and didn't separate after. So glue and clamps probably won't pull it together.

#1128 6 years ago

Does anyone think there should be a rubber sleeve here ?

IMG_3409 (resized).JPGIMG_3409 (resized).JPG

#1129 6 years ago

This was on the outside of my shipment. Unfortunately, the plastic tab hadn't been pulled, so it couldn't do its job.

Thanks, bummer they didn't pull the tab before shipping but that is a good idea. Mine didn't have one, would be interesting to see if it was tipped.

#1130 6 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

Does anyone think there should be a rubber sleeve here ?

No, balls get stuck in the lanes with one there. It's supposed to be like that.

#1131 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

No, balls get stuck in the lanes with one there. It's supposed to be like that.

Thanks, thought that might be the case.

#1132 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes you need to go into the menu and adjust the magnet settings and see what happens.
For example

That seems to have done the trick. Big thanks!

#1133 6 years ago

Couldn't the shipper remove a tipped indicator and then put a new one on the box to get around that? It would seem to need a serial number or some kind of JJP stamp to be tamper proof.

#1134 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Couldn't the shipper remove a tipped indicator and then put a new one on the box to get around that? It would seem to need a serial number or some kind of JJP stamp to be tamper proof.

Its probably glued on in a way that it would rip the cardboard. That would be evidence enough

#1135 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I agree, the cab seems very solid. I was concerned that the split could/would increase over time with nudging. And yes, absolutely correct, it is covered by the leg.

#1136 6 years ago
Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I agree, the cab seems very solid. I was concerned that the split could/would increase over time with nudging. And yes, absolutely correct, it is covered by the leg.

Hopefully you can just set it up and enjoy it. That would be ideal and sounds like it will be fine. That would be torture not being able to play it or to have any downtime.

#1137 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

That seems to have done the trick. Big thanks!

Oh good that is great news. JJP thought of everything and this was an easy fix to your problem as a result.

#1138 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Here is a link to the board trough on the manual. Page 54 shows assembly:
http://159.203.76.48/di/DI_Manual_2_0_August_2017.pdf
Sections 2-6 are where you can make physical adjustments. Check for loose nuts, make sure the spring is seated properly, then feel for smooth movement in the plunger sleeve. Is this what you are looking for?

Had already been though all the troubleshooting. In the end I had to replace 2 sets of faulty trough boards. Working well now. But these trough boards could be a problem going forward - so close to the ball trough coil.

What I was after was some explanation on the mechanic diverter. Apart from mechanic multiball, when and why is it activated? Also, how do you adjust the height of her arm?

#1139 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Hopefully you can just set it up and enjoy it. That would be ideal and sounds like it will be fine. That would be torture not being able to play it or to have any downtime.

Oh believe me.....nothing was gonna stop me from setting it up. I ordered DI back in April.....wasn't waiting another day! LOL

#1140 6 years ago

#12 laser light will not show as white as every other Led is capable of.Anybody else have this issue?

53540636-5DAE-44F9-AD3E-EE35A04E86E6 (resized).jpeg53540636-5DAE-44F9-AD3E-EE35A04E86E6 (resized).jpeg

B133E4EF-C162-49EB-9C3E-BBD3DD74FEB6 (resized).jpegB133E4EF-C162-49EB-9C3E-BBD3DD74FEB6 (resized).jpeg

#1141 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

#12 laser light will not show as white as every other Led is capable of.Anybody else have this issue?

Probably you lost a color in the rgb LED or the LED driver chip is bad.

#1142 6 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Probably you lost a color in the rgb LED or the LED driver chip is bad.

Easy fix?

#1143 6 years ago

board replacement I think..

#1144 6 years ago

Yep, replace led board under warranty.

#1145 6 years ago

Thanks for help I’ll contact JJP

#1146 6 years ago

My Dialed In also with kick out light on will not kick back the ball into play about one half the time. If the ball is not kicked back I always get a ball save. I don't know if I should look at the assembly or if the game does this just to screw with my head and is part of the software

#1147 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Yes the blue and green aren't working on that RGB board. Replacing it will fix it.

#1148 6 years ago

Please help me understand the story line a little better. So a corporation named Dialed In Electronics has lost their prototype phone with some special powers. The phone was either found by the player or purchased by the player at Crazy Bob's store? And the player uses the cell phone to start different disasters in the city? So in essence, we, the player, are the villain and are trying to destroy Quantum City? Or do I have this backwards?

#1149 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Please help me understand the story line a little better. So a corporation named Dialed In Electronics has lost their prototype phone with some special powers. The phone was either found by the player or purchased by the player at Crazy Bob's store? And the player uses the cell phone to start different disasters in the city? So in essence, we, the player, are the villain and are trying to destroy Quantum City? Or do I have this backwards?

D.I.E. loses the phone, but aren't too worried b/c you need an incredible amount of energy to power the phone. Player buys the phone from Crazy Bob's, thinking it's a normal phone. Phone is struck by lightning and weird stuff starts happening. Player's phone has the ability to start, OR stop disasters. Player is under attack by D.I.E., who is trying to get the phone back.

I think he's trying to figure out what's going on, perhaps save the city, and find out why the evil corp is after him.

#1150 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Thanks for help I’ll contact JJP

Yes you should be good and its an easy swap too! Not a big deal just a little thing fortunately and they will surely take care of it quickly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 23 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.