IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 273.
#1051 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'd just like to point out that the lighting on Dialed In is perfectly fine in a totally black room and you don't need to blow out your retinas with this thing. It's completely unnecessary. I think your side-by-side photo is photoshopped to make the game much darker than it is in real life.

Well said. Pin stadium is cool for some games, but not necessary for DI.

#1052 6 years ago

Damn some harsh responses. The pic on the left def looks darker than mine and I have no problem seeing anything but I'm willing to give the guy a post to show the pics. I wouldn't expect multiple posts though.

#1053 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Damn some harsh responses. The pic on the left def looks darker than mine and I have no problem seeing anything but I'm willing to give the guy a post to show the pics. I wouldn't expect multiple posts though.

Its Basically spam.

#1054 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I'd just like to point out that the lighting on Dialed In is perfectly fine in a totally black room and you don't need to blow out your retinas with this thing. It's completely unnecessary. I think your side-by-side photo is photoshopped to make the game much darker than it is in real life.

It's completely unedited off of an old iPhone. I know that seeing this in person would change your mind. Talk with KevInBuffalo or Nick from Buffalo pinball to get a non-designers perspective on this. Because I would be in the same boat as you thinking they were edited.

It's a whole new level of lighting for these games and we get used to it but these really do change Dialed In to exactly what you see. I will try to post up a live video with them being turned on/off. That would help clarify this a lot. Also, check this thread out as it may be of some help to show you what others think about them.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement

#1055 6 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I am also a Dialed In LE owner and just sharing what the lights can do. Just letting you guys know this is an option. It really makes this big of a difference and many DI owners have ordered these for a reason. The pics were taken in a completely dark room with no lighting.

No intention of spamming by any means not any need to. The best thing is for others to post up the results on this thread once they get them installed. There will be many post on this shortly.

JJP makes such a great game and I am really enjoying the quality of this game. Wow!!

#1056 6 years ago

Joined the club. Bought JJP show game at expo. Had 475 plays on it. It was dirty but cleaned up nice. I added titan clear rubbers when I shopped it. Adjusted the trap door.

72AEFA9D-D6A9-4C0F-A044-CDE7A1E4AF94 (resized).jpeg72AEFA9D-D6A9-4C0F-A044-CDE7A1E4AF94 (resized).jpeg

7DBDB1A1-DEBA-4F02-BE37-4ACF745280C2 (resized).jpeg7DBDB1A1-DEBA-4F02-BE37-4ACF745280C2 (resized).jpeg

5EB5CFA6-989F-4F69-B24A-C181A2C95A7C (resized).jpeg5EB5CFA6-989F-4F69-B24A-C181A2C95A7C (resized).jpeg

CAD40E52-5325-49D9-BE2A-DD2D3D1AFDC0 (resized).jpegCAD40E52-5325-49D9-BE2A-DD2D3D1AFDC0 (resized).jpeg

A2929614-6376-4325-932C-F4FCE397EE00 (resized).jpegA2929614-6376-4325-932C-F4FCE397EE00 (resized).jpeg

#1057 6 years ago

I play in total darkness and di is plenty bright and is probably the most well lit stock pin ive ever played. No issue at all and the pinstadium wld just take away from the amazing light show and effects .

#1058 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I play in total darkness and di is plenty bright and is probably the most well lit stock pin ive ever played. No issue at and and the pinstadium wld just take away from the amazing light show and effects .

Yes it's very well lit but if you look at the center of the playfield it's much darker than the sides. This evens out that lighting and brightens it up even more and they sync with the GI of JJP's system so that they turn off and on with its modes. I hope this helps.

#1059 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Yes it's very well lit but if you look at the center of the playfield it's much darker than the sides. This evens out that lighting and brightens it up even more and they sync with the GI of JJP's system so that they turn off and on with its modes. I hope this helps.

Right , but i doubt they do the neat effects on things like emp mode flicker and will just take away from things like that imo.

#1060 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I know that seeing this in person would change your mind.

I can see my own game in person, and I've seen your product. It mostly just blows out all the detail and colour of games that are already well lit.

Save the sales pitch for games that need it. It isn't Dialed In.

#1061 6 years ago

I’d imagine WOZ would be a good candidate for pinstadium.

#1062 6 years ago

Pic of mine in darkness and i dont even have the gi or inserts turned up all the way... looks very brite to me and looks betrer in person. I like the pinstadium product but di dont need it and it wld take away from many of the neat lighting effects imo. 20171025_141925 (resized).jpg20171025_141925 (resized).jpg

#1063 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’d imagine WOZ would be a good candidate for pinstadium.

The last thing I want on my WOZ is super bright added lighting. It would wash out the light show that is so spectacular in WOZ. A couple of well-placed spotlights and a lighted drop target are all WOZ needs to tastefully brighten up the playfield.

#1064 6 years ago

Video of mine in basically darkness and its perfectly fine and then some lol. Do the pinstadium just go out with the gi or can they dim also bc di has lots of dimming effects especially on new code.

#1065 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Video of mine in basically darkness and its perfectly fine and then some lol. Do the pinstadium just go out with the gi or can they dim also bc di has lots of dimming effects especially on new code.
» YouTube video

Thanks for posting that up and shooting that footage. If you look closely at the video you will see the darker spots on the center of the game and they gradually get a little deeper from the edges to the center. Mine used to look the same way and I wanted to bring that part of the artwork in balance with the rest of the game.

It's all personal preference totally and I agree that Dialed In is one of the most well lit games. This just enhances it even more and fills the gaps in the lighting to balance the playfield out. And yes the GI module reads the signal so it syncs off/on or fades depending on what GI you connect the Pin Stadiums to.

If anyone is on the Cincinnati area I would be more than happy to let you see it in person. Until Expo last weekend at our booth many felt the same way.

I'm a big collector myself and huge JJP fan and an app developer, so I just combined the two worlds together to give you app controllable lighting with your phone. You can adjust the RGB lighting and white lightning separately within the app from 0-100% to your liking. This product is to just add more to the growing world of pinball that we all love.

I screenshot yours next to the one with them installed for comparison so that you can see the unedited results.

I hope this clarifies things better.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1066 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

Thanks for posting that up and shooting that footage. If you look closely at the video you will see the darker spots on the center of the game and they gradually get a little deeper from the edges to the center. Mine used to look the same way and I wanted to bring that part of the artwork in balance with the rest of the game.
It's all personal preference totally and I agree that Dialed In is one of the most well lit games. This just enhances it even more and fills the gaps in the lighting to balance the playfield out. And yes the GI module reads the signal so it syncs off/on or fades depending on what GI you connect the Pin Stadiums to.
If anyone is on the Cincinnati area I would be more than happy to let you see it in person. Until Expo last weekend at our booth many felt the same way.
I'm a big collector myself and huge JJP fan and an app developer, so I just combined the two worlds together to give you app controllable lighting with your phone. You can adjust the RGB lighting and white lightning separately within the app from 0-100% to your liking. This product is to just add more to the growing world of pinball that we all love.
I screenshot yours next to the one with them installed for comparison so that you can see the unedited results.
I hope this clarifies things better.

If u compare yours to my pic above and not the video (bad/different angle) there isnt alot of different imo. I like your products but its just not needed imo and apparently many others feel the same in this particular case.

#1067 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If u compare yours to my pic above and not the video (bad/different angle) there isnt alot of different imo. I like your products but its just not needed imo and apparently many others feel the same in this particular case.

It's tough to really show and capture with a camera the big difference that your eye will see when they are installed. Plus I have the lights only dialed in at 30% brightness to fill the dark sections.

This was just released and a good handful of silent observers on this post do see the need for them. Which is much appreciated and thank you for your orders!

Anyways, it's not for everyone but I think that once you put them on you wouldn't want them off. I would be more than happy to allow one of you to appoint anyone on this post (that your trust) to try them out and then do a fully transparent review of them. In fact that would be awesome and help out a lot of others reading this thread too. I know if I saw someone post something they created for a machine that they love, I would be hesitant at first and feel they are maybe biased but potentially with good reason until someone else confirms.

Feel free to PM me here as not to derail this thread further. Or go to the Pin Stadium thread to keep this appropriately contained:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/18

#1068 6 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

It looks like it needs to be adjusted out further. What does it look like in the resting position? Also, check that ramp(station 3). Mine had a wire hanging down by that ramp & the ball would hit it & slow the ball down enough to keep you from making the shot.

I read about the wire a while ago. I don't see anything like that. Just the hanging metal piece (switch?). When the flipper is at rest it sits right against the metal.

#1069 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

I read about the wire a while ago. I don't see anything like that. Just the hanging metal piece (switch?). When the flipper is at rest it sits right against the metal.

Here is a picture of mine if that helps. It hits the shots great. It looks like yours needs to be adjusted back down and that should fix it.

#1070 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

I wanted to post this up here for all of the Dialed In owners to show you what the Pin Stadium plug and play system for JJP's Dialed In looks like. It was like night and day, and the UV+Glow flasher made this already amazing game even better. Let me know what you think after checking out the video walkthrough.
Scott
Pin Stadium
http://www.pinstadium.com
» YouTube video

Damn, tough crowd.

I wouldn't have guessed how good these looked, especially on newer games, but after I saw them on an SW Premium at Expo, I was sold. I really like the flexibility of the settings to not just brighten everything, but also to dim the lights and add some custom accent colors. I am planning on putting these on my MMr, DILE, and SW Premium myself.

#1071 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

It's tough to really show and capture with a camera the big difference that your eye will see when they are installed. Plus I have the lights only dialed in at 30% brightness to fill the dark sections.
This was just released and a good handful of silent observers on this post do see the need for them. Which is much appreciated and thank you for your orders!
Anyways, it's not for everyone but I think that once you put them on you wouldn't want them off. I would be more than happy to allow one of you to appoint anyone on this post (that your trust) to try them out and then do a fully transparent review of them. In fact that would be awesome and help out a lot of others reading this thread too. I know if I saw someone post something they created for a machine that they love, I would be hesitant at first and feel they are maybe biased but potentially with good reason until someone else confirms.
Feel free to PM me here as not to derail this thread further. Or go to the Pin Stadium thread to keep this appropriately contained:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-pin-stadium-lights-official-announcement/page/18

I think one of these kits would be great on my Shadow. I will check it out. All my other pins are pretty well lit, but as I get older and my vision goes to crap I might be needing them on more.

#1072 6 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Damn, tough crowd.

I appreciate what Pin Stadium is doing and think it is a cool product but a few posts too many and it starts to feel like a salesman evangelizing and sometimes that gets annoying.

#1073 6 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I appreciate what Pin Stadium is doing and think it is a cool product but a few posts too many and it starts to feel like a salesman evangelizing and sometimes that gets annoying.

Just wanted to let others know about it and then there were many questions to reply to and I re-routed it on my own to the appropriate thread as this is about Dialed In and not Pin Stadium. As I agree I want to keep this to helping others on Dialed In.

Speaking of which for anyone that needs to access their computer boards, fuses, wiring, monitor. Here is a tip, the tower is now in the backbox (unlike WOZ) and in order to access the boards you must unlock the monitor and it swings out on an articulating arm to give you quick easy access. Here are a few pics showing the wooden stoppers on each side they need to be loosened and pull out of the way. There is no need to remove them, but just rotate them so that you can lift the metal gate on each side to release the monitor. Then just pull the monitor out and you have easy access to all the goodies in the back.

#1074 6 years ago

Hey Dialed In fans, I just got mine and lovin’ it.I’ve been playing pins most of my life so pretty good player.Anyway is there an agreed upon settings and tweaks to make game challenging.Has anybody set theirs up with directors cut,if so what do you think?

#1075 6 years ago

I'm running Director's Cut and it definitely makes the game more challenging - a lot less BOB action for instance. But I'm also running new code which ups the EBs to 500K and a few other tweaks so it's hard to say what's the DC and what's the new code.

#1076 6 years ago

Use the director's cut , take all the replay eb away and set the kickbsck not to be so active and it makes the game much more difficult and better imo.

#1077 6 years ago

This game is so good!

#1078 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

But I'm also running new code which ups the EBs to 500K

Woah...that might be the biggest EB award I've ever seen.

#1079 6 years ago

Hey gang!

For those of you who are having “clunky upper flipper syndrome” where you can’t make the shot ... I have the fix (at least it was the fix for mine).

The flipper was not performing a full “stroke” because it was adjusted wrong underneath. If you look at the first picture, taken with the game off and the flipper “at rest”, you can see the crank-link-assembly (does JJ still call it that?) is not up against the rubber. It’s not allowing for a full stroke of the flipper. On my game it was causing a clunky shot that never made the left ramp.

I loosened the nut, pushed the flipper “out” so it will NOW rest-up against the rubber (second picture, make sure the actual flipper itself rests against the metal guide behind it) ... tighten the nut, and it now allows for a FULL flipper stroke. And now the shot is amazingly SMOOTH as butter.

I hope this helps!

F9EA015A-A9CD-4548-B0CE-6665B02008C1 (resized).jpegF9EA015A-A9CD-4548-B0CE-6665B02008C1 (resized).jpeg
E116B1A5-5F47-40A3-A8DE-DE8F2E7D1271 (resized).jpegE116B1A5-5F47-40A3-A8DE-DE8F2E7D1271 (resized).jpeg

D91C8A02-6407-4BCF-9DB7-497B89FC00B5 (resized).jpegD91C8A02-6407-4BCF-9DB7-497B89FC00B5 (resized).jpeg

#1080 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well shoot the JJP phone scoop protector is starting to bum me out as it has really made the shot much more difficult. I played a bunch of games last night and am getting more frustrated with the rejected shots as I could hit the phone scoop at will without the protector. Any feedback on the Cliffy phone scoop protector, does it also make the shot very difficult to make?

It is initially a little harder to make, but within about 20-30 plays the ball beats it into the right shape and it's good. Cliffy's are WAY thinner than JJPs.

#1082 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

I've been fighting with an impossible to hit Station 3 shot (statistics show no one hit it in 300 games!). I'm pretty terrible, but not that bad. After watching a bunch of videos I think my upper flipper might not adjusted just right. Can anyone confirm if this is correct or if it needs to be adjusted to swing out a bit more? If so about how far should it extend?

Quoted from spida1a:

Hey gang!
For those of you who are having “clunky upper flipper syndrome” where you can’t make the shot ... I have the fix (at least it was the fix for mine).
The flipper was not performing a full “stroke” because it was adjusted wrong underneath. If you look at the first picture, taken with the game off and the flipper “at rest”, you can see the crank-link-assembly (does JJ still call it that?) is not up against the rubber. It’s not allowing for a full stroke of the flipper. On my game it was causing a clunky shot that never made the left ramp.
I loosened the nut, pushed the flipper “out” so it will NOW rest-up against the rubber (second picture, make sure the actual flipper itself rests against the metal guide behind it) ... tighten the nut, and it now allows for a FULL flipper stroke. And now the shot is amazingly SMOOTH as butter.
I hope this helps!

Probably whats wrong with your flipper op....i figured it wasnt going up high enough and this cld be the culprit.

#1083 6 years ago

I've had the table for a mere 2 months and the rubber slingshots are already showing extreme wear. Is this normal? I'd say I'm a casual player, maybe an hour every other day?

IMG_3350 (resized).jpgIMG_3350 (resized).jpg

IMG_3351 (resized).jpgIMG_3351 (resized).jpg

#1084 6 years ago
Quoted from adamross:

I've had the table for a mere 2 months and the rubber slingshots are already showing extreme wear. Is this normal? I'd say I'm a casual player, maybe an hour every other day?

Imo they used to small of a rubber on them (2in)i believe ....i changed mine out with 2.5 and they are much better.

#1085 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Imo they used to small of a rubber on them (2in)i believe ....i changed mine out with 2.5 and they are much better.

I think the manual even calls for 2.5 now. I suspect they changed that out when they did the rev with the scoop protectors, leg protectors, and (I thought I read someone) the stiffer QED.

#1086 6 years ago

LE#501 made it home today! Aside from a scratch on the side of the head, a cracked QED lightning bolt, and balls that look like they’ve been in a High Speed since 1988, everything is great. Theatre magnet, trap door, upper flipper all working great. The game is a huge hit with the family!

My only question is, what are these two screws for that came in the cash box with the tilt bob, balls, and hex wrench:

516794D7-1C75-429C-BC95-6E9C18A0D47E (resized).jpeg516794D7-1C75-429C-BC95-6E9C18A0D47E (resized).jpeg

#1087 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Woah...that might be the biggest EB award I've ever seen.

I meant that the EB is awarded at 500K.

#1088 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

LE#501 made it home today! Aside from a scratch on the side of the head, a cracked QED lightning bolt, and balls that look like they’ve been in a High Speed since 1988, everything is great. Theatre magnet, trap door, upper flipper all working great. The game is a huge hit with the family!
My only question is, what are these two screws for that came in the cash box with the tilt bob, balls, and hex wrench:

Screws are To attach a price card bracket to apron.... what hex wrench? Jjp will send u a new bolt also.

#1089 6 years ago

Speacial thanks to TheLaw, bigd1979, LTG, and all the others who have posted so much helpful info on this thread!

#1090 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Note that this may cause the left inlane to catch the ball since the rubber will not be stretched as far and therefore be "fatter".

#1091 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

It is initially a little harder to make, but within about 20-30 plays the ball beats it into the right shape and it's good. Cliffy's are WAY thinner than JJPs.

Replace the factory protector with Cliffs....I had the same issue and swapped out the protectors, and the problem went away.

#1092 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Note that this may cause the left inlane to catch the ball since the rubber will not be stretched as far and therefore be "fatter".

I haven't had that happen at all since putting 2.5 ones on.

#1093 6 years ago

What hex wrench am i missing and what is it for?

#1094 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

What hex wrench am i missing and what is it for?

Used to lock the head down when up and in position. It goes in a hole in the back. Crank/turn to lock or unlock.

5/16 by about 6 inches. Goes in hole circled in red.

LTG : )

DSC00408 (resized).JPGDSC00408 (resized).JPG

DSC00409 (resized).JPGDSC00409 (resized).JPG

#1095 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Used to lock the head down when up and in position. It goes in a hole in the back. Crank/turn to lock or unlock.
LTG : )

O ok i call that a giant allen key not wrench lol. Thanks

#1096 6 years ago

Maybe I should have said Allen wrench. Sorry for the confusion.

But I think the terms are interchangeable.

#1097 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I haven't had that happen at all since putting 2.5 ones on.

It's a *tiny* catch, probably 1/64". Your adjacent post may be far enough over on your machine that it doesn't become an issue.

#1098 6 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Maybe I should have said Allen wrench. Sorry for the confusion.
But I think the terms are interchangeable.

Regardless i think mine was missing which y i wasnt sure what u were talking about lol....but had a extra on hand.

#1099 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

I can see my own game in person, and I've seen your product. It mostly just blows out all the detail and colour of games that are already well lit.

Yeah but what aboot when the color is set to Raspberry?!?

#1100 6 years ago
Quoted from spida1a:

I hope this helps!

That did it! Shifted the play of the entire game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/22?hl=pinwalk and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.