IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 273.
#11401 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Power on after failure must be the default for this mobo. It typically isn't from what I've experienced.
The graphics adapter was the only thing I changed. I quickly compared everything else to my pictures and didn't see any other differences.

Great to know - so nothing to fear when changing the battery at power off...

#11402 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Great to know - so nothing to fear when changing the battery at power off...

As long as you have a spare monitor kicking around with VGA, yes.

#11403 3 years ago

If that’s the case is there any harm in letting the battery die and then change it?

#11404 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Or looking at the very very small theater monitor...

#11405 3 years ago

If I did the battery again I'd likely try something this like this... small suction cup with some length to it to get into the space.
https://www.amazon.com/Vacuum-Sucker-Anti-static-Suction-Screen/dp/B07QZX45H7/ref=pd_sbs_328_6/132-2394261-7020560

#11406 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Or a VGA cable and run from the phone connector on the mother board to the side of the big monitor in the game.

LTG : )

#11407 3 years ago

#11408 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

My phone scoop sends the ball SDTM, 1 out of 10 times which is starting to be frustrating. I tried setting it up higher but the ball hits the rails, and lower the ball barely comes out
Is there a secret trick to avoid that ? My game looks decently levelled so I don't know what else to try.

Check to see if your balls are magnetized. Can you pick up a paper clip with one?

When mine start to get magnetized, returns from the phone scoop become inconsistent.

#11409 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Or a VGA cable and run from the phone connector on the mother board to the side of the big monitor in the game.

I didn't even check to see if the main monitor had VGA, I guess I assumed it was a newer display and wouldn't have it. That would have been much easier!

#11410 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

got #65 set up last night, so much fun. definitely a very underrated machine. came with a playfield protector on it. I don't mind it, but am curious if others think I should remove it. I do not plan on selling it ever.
[quoted image]

If it doesn't interfere with your enjoyment of the game, I say leave it on and know that if you ever want a minty fresh playfield all you have to do is remove the protector.

#11411 3 years ago

Thanks for the screenshots. This should be a key post. I had the problem of my machine not booting and didn’t realise it was a BIOS problem. I hadn’t changed my battery but something had happened to reset this BIOS. One thing I realised is that if this happens you can unplug the little graphics auxiliary board and the game will boot to the main screen - so you don’t have to bother with plugging in a new monitor at all.
I ended up getting into the BIOS eventually and the only setting I needed to change is in the screenshot below - IGD Multi-Monitor from disabled to enabled.
2A97729F-578C-4278-9DF2-ADC942090607 (resized).jpeg2A97729F-578C-4278-9DF2-ADC942090607 (resized).jpeg

Quoted from Shredso:

I just did some fishing around in the BIOS. qmodem worked for the password. I was able to disable it in the security settings by changing the admin password and leaving it blank. I can't think of any reason to have the BIOS password protected for a home machine.
I was going to backup the BIOS settings, but I used the last USB port for the keyboard. I probably have a little USB hub somewhere, but I think I have all of the settings. I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
If anyone sees a setting I missed let me know, keyboard is still plugged in. That monitor is a bitch to get back in place.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#11412 3 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

Yes.

Why not try a rewax? Won't hurt. Also replacing balls regularly won't hurt.

That's not uncommon. I feel as if the backhand is a more reliable shot, but some games I can't make that phone scoop. There's people who have moved the whole scoop assembly a few millimeters further back, but I personally would not go that far. Most of the time, I make the shot eventually. so I can not be bothered to much by it.

You mean it rests in the "rocket kicker" but the switch is not actuated? See if you can adjust the switch using the mounting screws (i don't know how the switch is mounted tbh.) before you try bending it.

Yes.

Yes, it is designed to go all the way around, but a dirty / to-be-waxed playfield, weak flippers (flipper power can be set in software) or wrong playfield angle can lead to the ball dropping into the pops more often than usual. Also make sure there's nothing blocking the ball. (Dislodged plastic or rubber or something)

Thank you! For #1 - which screws are they? I scoured the manual and could not find the assembly diagram for this particular part. It seems there is no image for it.

#11413 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Thanks for the screenshots. This should be a key post. I had the problem of my machine not booting and didn’t realise it was a BIOS problem. I hadn’t changed my battery but something had happened to reset this BIOS. One thing I realised is that if this happens you can unplug the little graphics auxiliary board and the game will boot to the main screen - so you don’t have to bother with plugging in a new monitor at all.
I ended up getting into the BIOS eventually and the only setting I needed to change is in the screenshot below - IGD Multi-Monitor from disabled to enabled.
[quoted image]

Interesting. I pulled the cable from the video card, I didn't think to remove the card. It would have been a lot easier to change the battery if that card was not present. If that card is easily removed, that may be the solution to changing the battery with the power on. Although at that point, why bother if it's only one BIOS setting. What is interesting is my machine before I messed with it chose IGD- Integrated graphics device. Yours defaulted to PEG as did mine after erasing memory, but you found an option within PEG- PCI Express Graphics to get it to function. More than one way to skin a cat I suppose.

I just looked at our pictures one more time because I don't remember that multi monitor option. We are not running the same BIOS revision. Your version is much newer than mine. I'm at 1.21B1, you are 1.7. MSI web site shows 1.9 then 7817v1A as the most current. I read the revision notes and didn't see anything that would necessarily help the game run better, but I'm far from an expert. I really don't feel like opening that thing up again, but I think some BIOS settings may have changed with the revision.

#11414 3 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Thank you! For #1 - which screws are they? I scoured the manual and could not find the assembly diagram for this particular part. It seems there is no image for it.

How does your machine not have the screws? Maybe they stopped putting them in somewhere along the production process? To me it looks like those are the same countersunk ramp screws that they also use on the other ramps.

#11415 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

If that’s the case is there any harm in letting the battery die and then change it?

I’m guessing that’s a no (as in no harm letting the battery simply die before changing it)?

#11416 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I’m guessing that’s a no (as in no harm letting the battery simply die before changing it)?

Won’t hurt anything. You just will have to reset the Bios which will be a whole other step. You’ll still need to change the battery.

So why not save yourself the trouble and change battery proactively?

#11417 3 years ago

Anyone hook a DMM up to that CR2032 you took out? Wondering what the voltage is after so many years.

#11418 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Anyone hook a DMM up to that CR2032 you took out? Wondering what the voltage is after so many years.

My LE was born on 7/7/17. I'm almost certain the first owner didn't change the batteries. It read 2.99v. Plenty of life left in that puppy. I won't be rushing to change my Wonka batteries at the 3 year mark.

#11419 3 years ago

My girl (don't know her name yet) is squeaky, I have some silicon lube where should I apply it ?

#11420 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Won’t hurt anything. You just will have to reset the Bios which will be a whole other step. You’ll still need to change the battery.
So why not save yourself the trouble and change battery proactively?

It seems that resetting the bios is easier and less risky than changing a battery while the machine is running.

#11421 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

My girl (don't know her name yet) is squeaky, I have some silicon lube where should I apply it ?

Mine is the same so would be good to know, not looked yet but I did adjust her switch when I first got mine as the diverter was too low and catching the ball.

#11422 3 years ago

my new Dialed In came with code 1.13 on it.

first JJP machine.. so do I install a Full Update to 1.60 and then after that install the Delta from 1.60 to 1.73?

thanks

#11423 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

my new Dialed In came with code 1.13 on it.
first JJP machine.. so do I install a Full Update to 1.60 and then after that install the Delta from 1.60 to 1.73?
thanks

Yes. Good luck and enjoy your new machine!

#11424 3 years ago

Daughter came to me this morning and asked for my help getting a ball out... haven't seen this one before!

pinball (resized).jpgpinball (resized).jpg
#11425 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Daughter came to me this morning and asked for my help getting a ball out... haven't seen this one before!

You might need a one size smaller ring around that slingshot. Turn the game off to get the ball out.

#11426 3 years ago

This happend here once, too. Noticed back then that one post was mounted upside down...

#11427 3 years ago

After two years owning this game I finally set the theater magnet correctly - nice effect when the ball is shot back to the right orbit! I do not see a real pattern when it does this but it’s nice anyway. But on the other side I do not have the feeling that it contributes something to the game - or do I miss something?

It would make more sense to me if e.g. I have to hit a target that could only be hit with the upper right flipper within two or three seconds after the ball is shot back by the magnet.

#11428 3 years ago

It sets a great fast shot at lock. Like a pitch in a batting cage.

#11429 3 years ago

Really? Have to check...

#11430 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

After two years owning this game I finally set the theater magnet correctly - nice effect when the ball is shot back to the right orbit! I do not see a real pattern when it does this but it’s nice anyway. But on the other side I do not have the feeling that it contributes something to the game - or do I miss something?
It would make more sense to me if e.g. I have to hit a target that could only be hit with the upper right flipper within two or three seconds after the ball is shot back by the magnet.

I didn’t get what you meant at first because mine worked fine out of the box. Like when you hit the subway doors and it holds it for a second then shoots it around the right orbit.

#11431 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I didn’t get what you meant at first because mine worked fine out of the box. Like when you hit the subway doors and it holds it for a second then shoots it around the right orbit.

Oh interesting. My magnet works fine but it doesn't shoot the ball when I hit the subway doors, it holds the ball and sends it back down.
I figured it made sense since the ball bumps against the doors

#11432 3 years ago

It should just hold/stop the ball and drop it back during the train bash.

#11433 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Oh interesting. My magnet works fine but it doesn't shoot the ball when I hit the subway doors, it holds the ball and sends it back down.
I figured it made sense since the ball bumps against the doors

Mines done both, I think the subway doors come up a few times, one is bash one isn’t. The bash drops down the other one shoots up.

#11434 3 years ago

I would be really curious how many LEs they actually made. There’s no way they made 2500 of these. I think this is a game that people will want down the road. I just don’t get tired of playing it. I’m over 400 plays in just a few weeks.

#11435 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I would be really curious how many LEs they actually made. There’s no way they made 2500 of these. I think this is a game that people will want down the road. I just don’t get tired of playing it. I’m over 400 plays in just a few weeks.

I got mine right after you and have just hit the 300 games mark. I agree with you that the game play of this machine is fantastic. Glad I got one while I could.

#11436 3 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I got mine right after you and have just hit the 300 games mark. I agree with you that the game play of this machine is fantastic. Glad I got one while I could.

Brain fart

#11437 3 years ago

I'm posting this again, as it got lost on the way. I need to put some lube on the lady that holds the diverter to the "upper playfield', where should I apply it ?

#11438 3 years ago

does DI have wifi capability yet? Just noticed Scorbit added support for JJP games.

Cheers,
Neil.

#11439 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

where should I apply it ?

On metal on metal moving parts.

Please check the mechanism below the playfield first to be sure nothing is loose. And that little leg leveler looking thing is adjustable for her arm.

#11440 3 years ago

Thanks Lloyd, I'll give it a shot tonight.

#11441 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

does DI have wifi capability yet? Just noticed Scorbit added support for JJP games.
Cheers,
Neil.

There is WiFi for DI, it's under beta test at the moment. It was just announced on the beta testers group that Scorbit integration will be in the next beta release for it.

#11443 3 years ago

Something I started to send that equaled a brain fart

#11444 3 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

My plays are a lot shorter than I would like though lol. I did however just nail the backhand to the phone scoop shot down so my games are dramatically improving.

#11445 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

My plays are a lot shorter than I would like though lol. I did however just nail the backhand to the phone scoop shot down so my games are dramatically improving.

The backhand shot is the easiest way to hit that phone scoop. The shot from the left often bounces back against it.

#11446 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

The backhand shot is the easiest way to hit that phone scoop. The shot from the left often bounces back against it.

But don‘t you hate it when you don‘t release the flipper button fast enough and block your phone shot with the upper flipper...

#11447 3 years ago

This definitely does not happen to me here...

#11448 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

But don‘t you hate it when you don‘t release the flipper button fast enough and block your phone shot with the upper flipper...

Never had this happen on mine .. I can backhand phone scoop very easily.

#11449 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Never had this happen on mine .. I can backhand phone scoop very easily.

It definitely happens to me.....you backhand it but if the upper flipper is still energized, it can just touch the ball and send it away from the scoop...

#11450 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

I've had this happen to me before... not often but enough to remind myself to I need to let off the flipper ASAP if going for a backhand shot.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 229 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/229?hl=dreadreaper and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.