IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 273.
#11351 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

I have a simple rule question but I can't figure it.
I don't get how to light the lock, I read you have to shoot both ramps which I keep doing but it doesn't light the lock.
Am I missing something ?

First time, you just have to complete the first mode. After the first MB, you light the lock by hitting both ramps. After the second MB, you have to hit both ramps one after the other (a combo). I’m not sure after that. I’ve never had more than three of the regular MBs. I’m assuming it is the same from there on in.

#11352 3 years ago

I see this has already been answered but I will leave it up in case it helps.

You do need to shoot both ramps to light lock. However, when you start a game you need to start a mode before you can light Lock.
This keeps a player from having a multiball before starting a mode.

#11353 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

First time, you just have to complete the first mode. After the first MB, you light the lock by hitting both ramps. After the second MB, you have to hit both ramps one after the other (a combo). I’m not sure after that. I’ve never had more than three of the regular MBs. I’m assuming it is the same from there on in.

Ok I get it now. Is it always a 2 ball multiball or does it go up with each round ?

I bought DI instead of Guns and Roses because I wasn't into the multiball frenzy but I wouldn't mind one once in a while !

#11354 3 years ago

It starts as a 2-ball multiball with add a ball.

#11355 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Ok I get it now. Is it always a 2 ball multiball or does it go up with each round ?
I bought DI instead of Guns and Roses because I wasn't into the multiball frenzy but I wouldn't mind one once in a while !

When you learn the shots, there’s plenty of multiball. Not only that but you can have a beer when you lock a ball. Pretty sure the the ball number increase with each multi ball. You can get 3 balls in the physical lock.

#11356 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Pretty sure the the ball number increase with each multi ball.

Correct.

#11357 3 years ago

Surprisingly I got my first 3 ball mb right after reading your answers !

At first I thought the 2 ball mb was a consolation prize for players who suck and I'm definitely one of those for now but I'm getting better at it !

#11358 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

This would be really nice!
Nevertheless JJP would prevent such troubles by simply posting the BIOS settings necessary to boot correctly.

I plugged in a keyboard and it seems like the BIOS is password protected. At least the delete key brings me to a password prompt. I couldn't get anything off of F2, F10, F12. Escape brought me to a Ubuntu menu. Password entry sometimes goes to the main display, and sometimes to the phone. Would need to confirm with the motherboard that delete is the correct key, but that is far as I'm going to go with my working game.

#11359 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

RE: Battery,
If your machine is constantly plugged in to a live socket it probably isn't using the battery enough to require replacement every three years

That would surprise me. That would suggest that some power is always flowing to the electronics even when the power is off. I would think the on/off switch opens the circuit. How is that with PCs - is there power to the battery when the PC is off, but plugged in?

#11360 3 years ago

--------------------------------------------------------

#11361 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I plugged in a keyboard and it seems like the BIOS is password protected. At least the delete key brings me to a password prompt. I couldn't get anything off of F2, F10, F12. Escape brought me to a Ubuntu menu. Password entry sometimes goes to the main display, and sometimes to the phone. Would need to confirm with the motherboard that delete is the correct key, but that is far as I'm going to go with my working game.

As I tend to note everything about DI I remember that somebody said something about a password „qmodem“. Maybe this is the BIOS password?

#11362 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

As I tend to note everything about DI I remember that somebody said something about a password „qmodem“. Maybe this is the BIOS password?

+1

#11363 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I can confirm that at least for my game. Also I broke my Bluetooth dongle while removing it from the front USB cord

photo5285501348936266481 (resized).jpgphoto5285501348936266481 (resized).jpg

Edit: After some careful surgery, it's back in operation. By the way, the app seems to be doing scorekeeping now. Unfortunately, the score (and the highest score) is always 0. Can anybody share some thoughts on this? Not that I really need that feature, I was just wondering...

#11364 3 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

I can confirm that at least for my game. Also I broke my Bluetooth dongle while removing it from the front USB cord
[quoted image]
Edit: After some careful surgery, it's back in operation. By the way, the app seems to be doing scorekeeping now. Unfortunately, the score (and the highest score) is always 0. Can anybody share some thoughts on this? Not that I really need that feature, I was just wondering...

Nice. Best would be if you could simply make screenshots of all BIOS settings - it will always be available here! I‘ll store them in my archive anyway...

#11365 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Nice. Best would be if you could simply make screenshots of all BIOS settings - it will always be available here! I‘ll store them in my archive anyway...

Seems odd you can't get a straight answer. Maybe it's because not every motherboard is the same?

#11366 3 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Joined the club yesterday! Have a few questions:
1. Are there supposed to be 2 screws in the left orbit? (See pic)
2. Game has a lot of small scratches between the slings. I assume not fixable, but should be rewaxed? I replaced the balls - I assume they cause it. (See pic)
3. Is the consensus that cliffys are a billion times better than factory for the phone scoop? I can make the shot but it rejects quite a bit.
4. Sometimes my skill shot doesn't quite make it to the switch. Should I just bend it a bit?
5. NOW. YOU'RE. DIALED. IN![quoted image][quoted image]

Still looking for some help on most of these - much appreciated!

Also, is the left orbit supposed to go all the way around and feed the upper right flipper? Mine never makes it all the way around and drops into the pops. Any tweaks I can do to improve that? Thanks!!!

#11367 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Seems odd you can't get a straight answer. Maybe it's because not every motherboard is the same?

As far as I know all DI are using the MSI H81M-P33, at least I haven’t seen a different one - every mainoard is the same.

#11368 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

That is odd, mine isn't protected. I had an issue where my bios turned off the onboard video, was only using the external video card. Took me a little bit to figure out but there wasn't any passcode to get into the bios.

#11369 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

As far as I know all DI are using the MSI H81M-P33, at least I haven’t seen a different one - every mainoard is the same.

This is correct also

#11370 3 years ago

There is definitely something special with DI, I had friend over last night, WOZ got played once while 10 people were waiting to play DI.

I must say playing WOZ felt slow and clunky for me too, but I won't draw conclusions as to letting it go too fast, it might just be a temporary attraction to the new toy.

#11371 3 years ago

So since these games are PC based, does that mean that we should hunt down a motherboard to keep in stock for a spare? What happens 15-20 years down the road if these motherboards quit working?

#11372 3 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

So since these games are PC based, does that mean that we should hunt down a motherboard to keep in stock for a spare? What happens 15-20 years down the road if these motherboards quit working?

I bought a couple last year. My WOZ RR has the same one.

#11373 3 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Joined the club yesterday! Have a few questions:
1. Are there supposed to be 2 screws in the left orbit? (See pic)

Yes.

Quoted from Dreadreaper:

2. Game has a lot of small scratches between the slings. I assume not fixable, but should be rewaxed? I replaced the balls - I assume they cause it. (See pic)

Why not try a rewax? Won't hurt. Also replacing balls regularly won't hurt.

Quoted from Dreadreaper:

3. Is the consensus that cliffys are a billion times better than factory for the phone scoop? I can make the shot but it rejects quite a bit.

That's not uncommon. I feel as if the backhand is a more reliable shot, but some games I can't make that phone scoop. There's people who have moved the whole scoop assembly a few millimeters further back, but I personally would not go that far. Most of the time, I make the shot eventually. so I can not be bothered to much by it.

Quoted from Dreadreaper:

4. Sometimes my skill shot doesn't quite make it to the switch. Should I just bend it a bit?

You mean it rests in the "rocket kicker" but the switch is not actuated? See if you can adjust the switch using the mounting screws (i don't know how the switch is mounted tbh.) before you try bending it.

Quoted from Dreadreaper:

5. NOW. YOU'RE. DIALED. IN!

Yes.

Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Also, is the left orbit supposed to go all the way around and feed the upper right flipper? Mine never makes it all the way around and drops into the pops. Any tweaks I can do to improve that? Thanks!!!

Yes, it is designed to go all the way around, but a dirty / to-be-waxed playfield, weak flippers (flipper power can be set in software) or wrong playfield angle can lead to the ball dropping into the pops more often than usual. Also make sure there's nothing blocking the ball. (Dislodged plastic or rubber or something)

#11374 3 years ago

anyone ever take a JJP playfield protector off of one of their machines? is it easy?

I just got a DI with one on there and I really don't mind it, but was wondering how much of a pain it would be to try and get it off.

#11375 3 years ago

I've removed the protector from my dialed in.
Quite easy with good scissors.
Did not affect so much the game play, as opposed to deadpool were that was a game changer

#11376 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

On the topic of battery... From the Dialed In Manual:
"The life expectancy of the CR2032 battery is approximately three years"
DI was released... when? February 2017? If so, if you haven't changed your battery you should probably look into it.
This applies to me too! While mine is pre-owned, I don't have any reason to believe the previous owner changed the battery.
... Altan

I changed my battery last night as I had to get into my backbox to install trans light LED. WOW - what a PITA to change the battery! Spinning fan less than 1/2" from the battery. Felt like a game of operation... not a good design!

I also had to trim up my backbox and change out my lock arm so I could remove my glass like 'normal'. I totally get some manufacturing errors but this seems like basic stuff for someone to check before it left the factory. However given the PO never had to go into the backbox I guess is a good sign

#11377 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

I changed my battery last night as I had to get into my backbox to install trans light LED. WOW - what a PITA to change the battery! Spinning fan less than 1/2" from the battery. Felt like a game of operation... not a good design!
I also had to trim up my backbox and change out my lock arm so I could remove my glass like 'normal'. I totally get some manufacturing errors but this seems like basic stuff for someone to check before it left the factory. However given the PO never had to go into the backbox I guess is a good sign

DI was new cabinet design by Pat and his team - anyone that was present at the live reveal at Expo that year will remember this for sure. So yeah that new design had its tweaks once they started being built in numbers by the cabinet manufacturers but it has lived on through WW and GnR to better results. I do hear you though.

#11378 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Did you take pictures by any chance? I’m sure I can find it but was also curious what batteries do I purchase? It’s getting close to three years for my DI and PotC. I have never changed batteries in a modern pin before

#11379 3 years ago

And therefore I think it’s better to only change the battery when the machine is off. At lot of bad things could happen doing that when powered on. I personally think this was a doubtful decision to recommend this in the manual.

If the only thing in the BIOS is the power on at power failure setting, doing that powered down is much much more secure.

But just in case it would be nice if somebody could take photos of all BIOS settings and post them here...

#11380 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

And therefore I think it’s better to only change the battery when the machine is off. At lot of bad things could happen doing that when powered on. I personally think this was a doubtful decision to recommend this in the manual.
If the only thing in the BIOS is the power on at power failure setting, doing that powered down is much much more secure.
But just in case it would be nice if somebody could take photos of all BIOS settings and post them here...

Don’t you lose settings and high scores if you change batteries when machine is off?

#11381 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Don’t you lose settings and high scores if you change batteries when machine is off?

Back them up to a flash stick first then reinstall using utilities menu

#11382 3 years ago

Did you take pictures by any chance? I’m sure I can find it but was also curious what batteries do I purchase? It’s getting close to three years for my DI and PotC. I have never changed batteries in a modern pin before

cr 2032 common 3v pc battery
Staples 2 pack used to be 5$

#11383 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

cr 2032 common 3v pc battery
Staples 2 pack used to be 5$

Thank you!

#11384 3 years ago

I didn't take a pic, sorry.

Take off the panel the LED strip is attached to, you will have to disconnect the LED strip. The battery is on the far right side and is a CR2032, in a tight spot.

Per the manual the battery must be changed with the machine powered on or you risk loosing the BIOS and machine won't startup properly.

#11385 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Take off the panel the LED strip is attached to. The battery is on the far right side and is a CR2032, in a tight spot.
Per the manual the battery must be changed with the machine powered on or you risk loosing the BIOS and machine won't startup properly.

From Butch Peel's excellent DI manual - always free download from our website.

Screenshot 2020-11-11 104849 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-11-11 104849 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-11-11 104909 (resized).pngScreenshot 2020-11-11 104909 (resized).png
#11386 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Take off the panel the LED strip is attached to. The battery is on the far right side and is a CR2032, in a tight spot.

[quoted image][quoted image]

My only build to this is that you will want some sort of plastic spudger to help push up on the metal clip that holds the battery in. There was no way I could have undid the clip with my fingers.

You take the ~1" piece of tape, put it on the battery, unclip it with the spudger and then use the tape to remove it - it's a total PITA and will be even more PITA if you have large fingers. Putting new battery in is easier as you don't have to get it unclipped.

#11387 3 years ago

I just did some fishing around in the BIOS. qmodem worked for the password. I was able to disable it in the security settings by changing the admin password and leaving it blank. I can't think of any reason to have the BIOS password protected for a home machine.

I was going to backup the BIOS settings, but I used the last USB port for the keyboard. I probably have a little USB hub somewhere, but I think I have all of the settings. I don't see anything out of the ordinary.

If anyone sees a setting I missed let me know, keyboard is still plugged in. That monitor is a bitch to get back in place.

2020-11-11 10.51.31 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.51.31 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.51.45 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.51.45 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.53.26 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.53.26 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.53.34 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.53.34 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.53.45 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.53.45 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.53.53 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.53.53 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.54.01 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.54.01 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.54.16 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.54.16 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.54.26 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.54.26 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.54.34 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.54.34 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.54.42 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.54.42 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.54.53 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.54.53 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.55.29 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.55.29 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.55.44 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.55.44 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.55.54 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.55.54 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.56.45 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.56.45 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.56.55 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.56.55 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.57.37 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.57.37 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.58.15 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 10.58.15 (resized).jpg
#11388 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

When I changed the battery on my WOZ, my finger had an unfortunate encounter with the spinning fan. Needless to say, my blood (literally), sweat and tears have gone into maintaining that game.

#11389 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

When I changed the battery on my WOZ, my finger had an unfortunate encounter with the spinning fan. Needless to say, my blood (literally), sweat and tears have gone into maintaining that game.

I hit the fan with my fingers a few times... thankfully just a weird noise and a lot of surprise!

#11390 3 years ago

Sounds like there's a market for JJP Battery Changing Cut Resistent Gloves! Maybe the mods guys will get on it.

Maybe repackage this:

https://www.amazon.com/Microplane-Resistant-Glove-Hands-Kitchen/dp/B001QXZORE

#11391 3 years ago

[quoted image][quoted image]

I was just looking at this! Thanks

#11392 3 years ago

Geez, you weren't kidding.

2020-11-11 11.27.41 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 11.27.41 (resized).jpg
#11393 3 years ago

got #65 set up last night, so much fun. definitely a very underrated machine. came with a playfield protector on it. I don't mind it, but am curious if others think I should remove it. I do not plan on selling it ever.

20201111_120219 (resized).jpg20201111_120219 (resized).jpg
#11394 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Sounds like there's a market for JJP Battery Changing Cut Resistent Gloves! Maybe the mods guys will get on it.
Maybe repackage this:
amazon.com link »

Good idea. I actually bought a few pairs of these the other day. I’ve had a few unfortunate incidents with knives and other sharp objects this past year.

#11395 3 years ago

I just went to change the battery. I didn't really have a good non-conductive tool to release the battery and decided there is way too much room for error to do this with the power on. I took one for the team. Lets see if I can brick an $8k game! After the battery was installed, as expected, the game didn't boot. Then I panicked for a second, if the power on after power failure wasn't checked how would I power it on to change it? I didn't see a power button. I would have to short the 2 pins on the power supply which is a pain. Then I realized the BIOS screen was on the phone. Awesome! I can just compare settings with my pictures and I'll be good, except the screen is so small you can't read the text. I was pretty sure I found the setting, but didn't want to chance it so I plugged in another monitor. Initiate graphic adapter needs to be set to IGD. Every other setting was the same as far as I could tell. I'm back up and running now.

2020-11-11 11.49.26 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 11.49.26 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 12.04.34 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 12.04.34 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 12.06.33 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 12.06.33 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 12.08.12 (resized).jpg2020-11-11 12.08.12 (resized).jpg
#11396 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I just went to change the battery. I didn't really have a good non-conductive tool to release the battery and decided there is way too much room for error to do this with the power on. I took one for the team. Lets see if I can brick an $8k game! After the battery was installed, as expected, the game didn't boot. Then I panicked for a second, if the power on after power failure wasn't checked how would I power it on to change it? I didn't see a power button. I would have to short the 2 pins on the power supply which is a pain. Then I realized the BIOS screen was on the phone. Awesome! I can just compare settings with my pictures and I'll be good, except the screen is so small you can't read the text. I was pretty sure I found the setting, but didn't want to chance it so I plugged in another monitor. Initiate graphic adapter needs to be set to IGD. Every other setting was the same as far as I could tell. I'm back up and running now.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

wanna come over and change my battery? Lol

#11397 3 years ago

My phone scoop sends the ball SDTM, 1 out of 10 times which is starting to be frustrating. I tried setting it up higher but the ball hits the rails, and lower the ball barely comes out
Is there a secret trick to avoid that ? My game looks decently levelled so I don't know what else to try.

#11398 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I just did some fishing around in the BIOS. qmodem worked for the password. I was able to disable it in the security settings by changing the admin password and leaving it blank. I can't think of any reason to have the BIOS password protected for a home machine.
I was going to backup the BIOS settings, but I used the last USB port for the keyboard. I probably have a little USB hub somewhere, but I think I have all of the settings. I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
If anyone sees a setting I missed let me know, keyboard is still plugged in. That monitor is a bitch to get back in place.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you very much! I think many DI owners will be happy to have these screenshots over time...

Over all I do not plan to change the onboard battery while power on, way too risky with my clumsy fingers.

#11399 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I wonder why power on after power failure was still active. You really had to set the IGD setting, nothing else?

#11400 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

I wonder why power on after power failure was still active. You really had to set the IGD setting, nothing else?

Power on after failure must be the default for this mobo. It typically isn't from what I've experienced.
The graphics adapter was the only thing I changed. I quickly compared everything else to my pictures and didn't see any other differences.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 228 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/228?hl=nicoy3k and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.