IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 273.
#11301 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

Dang this thread is hopping again! I'm thrilled that DI is catching on, finally.

Me too I loved it immediately and really thought with a little different artwork and a name change to Chaos in Quantum City his game would've have sold five thousand easily.

#11302 3 years ago
Quoted from GrbJimmy:

Mine used to go black, the game would continue to run normally until I recycled the game. I never saw the blue screen however.
Once I updated to the latest code I never saw that problem again, not sure what code you are on

I am on the latest code 1.72

#11303 3 years ago

Looking to add another pin and DI is on the shortlist...but probably not able to add anything till 2021.

With that in mind, what's the production cycle/availability here? I can't imagine JJP running more with GnR being massive...is the secondary market decent?

#11304 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Looking to add another pin and DI is on the shortlist...but probably not able to add anything till 2021.
With that in mind, what's the production cycle/availability here? I can't imagine JJP running more with GnR being massive...is the secondary market decent?

As far as NIB, factory is out of them but distributors have some I think.

#11305 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Yeah there seems to be a decent amount on the secondary with some good prices. Some stragglers left with distributors but JJP is out

#11306 3 years ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

I decided to jump on a DI now because I have a feeling that the market for the game as at its bottom and we will see a pretty good bump in prices as these become increasingly harder to find. There are definitely NIB games available from distributors but I can’t imagine this ever going back on the line with GnR and then toy story.

#11307 3 years ago

My daughter is home from college for a few days and we were playing pinball and ended up playing DI. She isn’t very good and I decided to use the app and she managed the flipper buttons. It was a blast!! We were both flipping the same game. I was trying to show her where to flip and make shots, it quickly devolved into us blaming each other for drains. We played this way for almost an hour. We would fight over the flips and who should make the shots. As an FYI, if you hold the flipper with the app the buttons on the cab don’t override the app. When you do that and call the shot, you better make it or there is hell to pay.

For the new owners, if you can download the app do it. It can act as a center button, or you can find other uses for the app. I really dislike that this feature had so much hate. One of the ideas for that app is that it would remember your scores and if you beat your high score it would capture it on the app, no matter which DI you played.

#11308 3 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

My daughter is home from college for a few days and we were playing pinball and ended up playing DI. She isn’t very good and I decided to use the app and she managed the flipper buttons. It was a blast!! We were both flipping the same game. I was trying to show her where to flip and make shots, it quickly devolved into us blaming each other for drains. We played this way for almost an hour. We would fight over the flips and who should make the shots. As an FYI, if you hold the flipper with the app the buttons on the cab don’t override the app. When you do that and call the shot, you better make it or there is hell to pay.
For the new owners, if you can download the app do it. It can act as a center button, or you can find other uses for the app. I really dislike that this feature had so much hate. One of the ideas for that app is that it would remember your scores and if you beat your high score it would capture it on the app, no matter which DI you played.

What a great story and fun way to play with the app. I always thought the app got a bad rep. It doesn’t seem to work well with some machines, but it works flawlessly on mine. And I’ve had cases where kids, new to pinball, aren’t really interested in the game until I show them how they can play with the app.

Thanks for sharing.

#11309 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I decided to jump on a DI now because I have a feeling that the market for the game as at its bottom and we will see a pretty good bump in prices as these become increasingly harder to find. There are definitely NIB games available from distributors but I can’t imagine this ever going back on the line with GnR and then toy story.

It’s so challenging for me because consistently, even with GNR out, I see people who know pinball get asked their favorite JJP and it’s Dialed In

#11310 3 years ago

I accidentally split the green wire yesterday while installing the lock light mod. What would be the best way to repair this?

054E8CD9-44B7-4C46-9F7C-25FD3189D3A0 (resized).jpeg054E8CD9-44B7-4C46-9F7C-25FD3189D3A0 (resized).jpeg
#11311 3 years ago

if it's just the insulation, then tape it

if it's completely cut then:
strip both sides
put the shrink tubing on one side
twist the wires together along the direction of the wire
solder the wires
cover the joint with the shrink tubing
heat the tubing
done

#11312 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

if it's completely cut then:
strip both sides
put the shrink tubing on one side
twist the wires together along the direction of the wire
solder the wires
cover the joint with the shrink tubing
heat the tubing
done

Please do this. I blew up the picture and you can see there is damage to the wires inside the casing.

LTG : )

#11313 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The cost of production would be prohibitive under the new management objectives of making a profit.

#11314 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

The cost of production would be prohibitive under the new management objectives of making a profit.

#11315 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

On Pinside AKA social media just say I’m getting a DI because it’s a great and fun pin. Unless you like having your post scrutinized

#11316 3 years ago

late to the party I know, but does anyone know where I can get some of those Power Blades for my new DI?

sold out here

https://pingraffix.wixsite.com/pingraffix-final/product-page/dialed-in-pinball-powerbladez

#11317 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

late to the party I know, but does anyone know where I can get some of those Power Blades for my new DI?
sold out here
https://pingraffix.wixsite.com/pingraffix-final/product-page/dialed-in-pinball-powerbladez

I’ve seen the guy who created them post on here, I don’t believe he’s making them anymore and I don’t think he made very many. I have the non power ones which look sick, so I can image how good the power ones were.

#11318 3 years ago

What do I need to do to modify my backbox lock to work properly?

I spent ~30 min last night to get into my backbox, had to take off the speaker panel to finally get the key to turn- what a pain in the a$$!

I also discovered that I get to trim the wood in the backbox as the glass can't lift up far enough to be removed. I found the post about what to do for wood trimming but didn't find/ look as closely about how to modify the lock.

I have LE 179 and my troubles indicate the PO never removed the glass.

Thanks!

#11319 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

I spent ~30 min last night to get into my backbox, had to take off the speaker panel to finally get the key to turn- what a pain in the a$$!
I also discovered that I get to trim the wood in the backbox as the glass can't lift up far enough to be removed. I found the post about what to do for wood trimming but didn't find/ look as closely about how to modify the lock.
I have LE 179 and my troubles indicate the PO never removed the glass.
Thanks!

You are literally describing the fix. A lot of us have had the issue. Remove speaker box screws and either adjust and tighten lock, bend lock arm, trim wood, etc...
I think it's described a couple pages back recently.

found this thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-cant-get-into-my-backbox
r/
Mike

#11320 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

Remove the screws holding the speaker panel on, be careful of speaker wires.

See Frank's finger pointing to the wood dividers along the tip. The notch where the finger is pointing to, if your game doesn't have them. Cut a notch in that spot on each of the dividers that are in the top part of the back box, left and right.

DIBackbox (resized).JPGDIBackbox (resized).JPG

#11321 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Remove the screws holding the speaker panel on, be careful of speaker wires.
See Frank's finger pointing to the wood dividers along the tip. The notch where the finger is pointing to, if your game doesn't have them. Cut a notch in that spot on each of the dividers that are in the top part of the back box, left and right.
[quoted image]

Thanks @LTG! I followed the need to cut out notches to allow for the glass to come out once the lock is free.

My understanding is I have 2 issues
1 - being able to turn the lock - the lock bar is too long - what's the fix?
2 - being able to lift the glass out - I understand the need to notch the wood to allow for this, that is clear to me.

This post talks about bending out the lock bar, which I can do but seems a bit crude. Another posts talks about JJP sending out a new lock.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-cant-get-into-my-backbox#post-4592409

#11322 3 years ago
Quoted from Kwoody51:

1 - being able to turn the lock - the lock bar is too long - what's the fix?

Cut a little off of the latch.

#11323 3 years ago

Joining the club on Saturday!

#11324 3 years ago
Quoted from PoMC:

Joining the club on Saturday!

Same ! I'm joining the club this Saturday, and I can't wait !

#11325 3 years ago

My grandchildren enjoyed a few games after school today, everyone loves this pin. Such great game for the whole family.

#11326 3 years ago

Does anybody have a PDF of the manual with the Extra Making Of Dialed In? My PDF file is missing this section, only the printed version has that section.

#11327 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Cut a little off of the latch.

Thanks Lloyd!

#11328 3 years ago

Hello- was in the middle of a game last night and the phone screen went white. Surrounding lights still lit up but nothing but white screen on phone. I turned off and back on, and it was fine, or at least seemed so. Any idea what I should look for? Anyone had this issue? Thanks

#11329 3 years ago

So good news and bad news.. Steve on here helped me fix my Burned out LED problem, I swapped the board and it’s working like a champ. I also got my Dialed In Manual in the mail today (it’s thicker than a phone book!) on the downside, I ordered my 3rd filter because of my static issue and all 3 do the same thing. All 3 eliminate the noise but also eliminate the sub woofer and a tremendous amount of the fantastic audio this pin has. I’m going to open a ticket with JJP but I know this is a known problem, and the filters work for some people, but obviously not me.

77868818-497E-40A8-B793-835C09CB45A0 (resized).jpeg77868818-497E-40A8-B793-835C09CB45A0 (resized).jpeg
#11330 3 years ago

Is there anyway to do LED flipper buttons that match the lighting scenes on the game that rotates?

#11331 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Is there anyway to do LED flippers that match the lighting scenes on the game that rotates?

only thing close I know about was from this guy 5 years ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/illuminated-flipper-bats

#11332 3 years ago
#11333 3 years ago

Well these are supper cool so thanks for finding them but I missed a key word in my post “buttons” LED flipper buttons, which I have done before on older games but I want the lights to match the colors in the game.

#11334 3 years ago

Which colors specifically? The mode colors? (ie. green/purple for Alien Invasion)
Technically it would be totally feasible to reproduce the color of any controlled playfield LED on a number of additional LEDs.

#11335 3 years ago

I've just finished setting up this beauty today ! Time to play !

PXL_20201108_184353930 (resized).jpgPXL_20201108_184353930 (resized).jpg
#11336 3 years ago

have a problem with my DI fuse to auto launch, didn't want to muck up the fan club so I have a separate thread.

Thanks.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/di-le-not-working-need-help#post-5952906

#11337 3 years ago

Joined the club yesterday! Have a few questions:

1. Are there supposed to be 2 screws in the left orbit? (See pic)
2. Game has a lot of small scratches between the slings. I assume not fixable, but should be rewaxed? I replaced the balls - I assume they cause it. (See pic)
3. Is the consensus that cliffys are a billion times better than factory for the phone scoop? I can make the shot but it rejects quite a bit.
4. Sometimes my skill shot doesn't quite make it to the switch. Should I just bend it a bit?
5. NOW. YOU'RE. DIALED. IN!

20201107_100730 (resized).jpg20201107_100730 (resized).jpg20201108_115216 (resized).jpg20201108_115216 (resized).jpg
#11338 3 years ago

Just played my DI LE after ignoring it for a few weeks, due to the acquisition of a new machine.

Wow! I had forgotten what an incredible game Dialed In is!!! What an amazing game!

#11339 3 years ago

20 games later I had to take a break, but surprisingly my wife is still going at it. She probably played 5 games of WOZ in 2 years, if that's not a sign it's a great game I'll be damned !

#11340 3 years ago

DI is the only game my wife enjoys playing.

#11341 3 years ago
Quoted from Dreadreaper:

Joined the club yesterday! Have a few questions:
1. Are there supposed to be 2 screws in the left orbit? (See pic)

Mine has two black screws there, quite hard to spot actually. Had to pull the playfield out

e0b07a8aade97542bb463d47d09e8a3214f4a6a3 (resized).jpge0b07a8aade97542bb463d47d09e8a3214f4a6a3 (resized).jpg

#11342 3 years ago

As there was a user lately having booting troubles after a battery change (unfortunately changed it at power off therefore loosing all settings) it would be nice if JJP could post or release the correct BIOS settings for Dialed In. I wonder why they are not included in the manual. An official release would help all DI owners in future...

#11343 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

As there was a user lately having booting troubles after a battery change (unfortunately changed it at power off therefore loosing all settings) it would be nice if JJP could post or release the correct BIOS settings for Dialed In. I wonder why they are not included in the manual. An official release would help all DI owners in future...

I believe it was posted in this thread recently. Power on after power failure in the BIOS is the only thing preventing it from booting.

Edit: maybe it was the Wonka thread.

#11344 3 years ago

...and it would help a lot to get an official release of all BIOS setting - just in case. In this thread. And in the DI manual or the DI section on the JJP site.

#11345 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

...and it would help a lot to get an official release of all BIOS setting - just in case. In this thread. And in the DI manual or the DI section on the JJP site.

I agree. It shouldn't bee all that difficult to go through the BIOS settings and see what isn't default. If I ever get around to changing the battery maybe I'll browse through it.

#11346 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I agree. It shouldn't bee all that difficult to go through the BIOS settings and see what isn't default. If I ever get around to changing the battery maybe I'll browse through it.

This would be really nice!

Nevertheless JJP would prevent such troubles by simply posting the BIOS settings necessary to boot correctly.

#11347 3 years ago

On the topic of battery... From the Dialed In Manual:

"The life expectancy of the CR2032 battery is approximately three years"

DI was released... when? February 2017? If so, if you haven't changed your battery you should probably look into it.

This applies to me too! While mine is pre-owned, I don't have any reason to believe the previous owner changed the battery.

... Altan

#11348 3 years ago

RE: Battery,
If your machine is constantly plugged in to a live socket it probably isn't using the battery enough to require replacement every three years

#11349 3 years ago

Good question if battery drains less when plugged in.

But if the only option maybe is power on at power fail in the BIOS then it’s not that important to change battery before it’s dead.

Therefore it would be nice if JJP could release the BIOS settings necessary for DI.

#11350 3 years ago

I have a simple rule question but I can't figure it.

I don't get how to light the lock, I read you have to shoot both ramps which I keep doing but it doesn't light the lock.

Am I missing something ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 227 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/227?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.