IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 273.
#11201 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I should say that the first sign mine are getting magnetized tends to be irregular returns from the phone scoop. This is followed by the ball sometimes (though rarely) sticking to the trough when it drops in and not rolling down to trigger the opto.

So what's the best way to check if your balls are magnetized? I do have some irregular kicks out of the phone scoop and wonder if one of the balls is magnetized?

#11202 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

So what's the best way to check if your balls are magnetized?

See if a paper clip is attracted to it.

This helps for the ball trough - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809 they'll likely have it in stock again.

LTG : )

#11203 3 years ago

Do you need to add mylar to the areas where the ball drops on the playfield, like out of the station lock and upper playfield?

#11204 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

A metal piece at the top. Snap rivets hold in place. Screw and bolt to the plastic.
[quoted image]

thank you

#11205 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Do you need to add mylar to the areas where the ball drops on the playfield, like out of the station lock and upper playfield?

I put Cliffy's Universal Switch Slot Protectors under where both balls drop from the rail forms to the inlanes. They are expensive as heck but they will do the trick on this game.
I imagine when you say upper playfield up top you mean that flat piece above the pops where it goes in that hole or on the flat plastic when diverter is down?
If so that's a lot of mylar to cover. Maybe directly under the hole I guess but I don't see the drop off of the plastic ever hitting the same spot with any consistency like the wire forms. Check to see if some is already in the area. JJP is pretty decent at putting factory mylar in some high traffic areas and it blends way better than aftermarket.

#11206 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I put Cliffy's Universal Switch Slot Protectors under where both balls drop from the rail forms to the inlanes. They are expensive as heck but they will do the trick on this game.
I imagine when you say upper playfield up top you mean that flat piece above the pops where it goes in that hole or on the flat plastic when diverter is down?
If so that's a lot of mylar to cover. Maybe directly under the hole I guess but I don't see the drop off of the plastic ever hitting the same spot with any consistency like the wire forms. Check to see if some is already in the area. JJP is pretty decent at putting factory mylar in some high traffic areas and it blends way better than aftermarket.

The ball dropping from the station lock, about a 1.5 inch drop every time you hit the side ramp. Then off the front of the upper playfield it’s like a 2.5 inch drop

#11207 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

The ball dropping from the station lock, about a 1.5 inch drop every time you hit the side ramp. Then off the front of the upper playfield it’s like a 2.5 inch drop

I put a one inch square piece of mylar under the station lock. Not sure it was necessary, but you can’t see it and it can’t hurt.

#11208 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

If you feel it's something that you want to personally do to further protect your investment then definitely do so. I know Marco has some really sizeable mylar choices because I bought some years ago for some of my older titles. Lots of choices. Make sure the area is very clean, no dust around and don't handle the mylar with your fingers. Use tweezers or a knife edge etc.... I personally put a coat of wax down on the area and buff it off prior to application.
I'm not marketing for this company, I just know they have it. I'm sure many other reputable pinball supply establishments offer similar products at equally fair prices.
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/PFLD-MYLAR
r/
Mike

#11209 3 years ago

Does everyone's Robot diverter spotlight kind of flicker when it is on? Mine does but it may be normal. Just not sure.

#11210 3 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Does everyone's Robot diverter spotlight kind of flicker when it is on? Mine does but it may be normal. Just not sure.

Normal 12v

#11211 3 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

The light is driven by a coil driver (see coil test "Betty Spotlight"). Close coin door to see it activate during the test. Afaik the flickering is on purpose (does not flicker during test mode) to mimic a broken advertising sign lighting.

#11212 3 years ago
Quoted from the_zap:

The light is driven by a coil driver (see coil test "Betty Spotlight"). Close coin door to see it activate during the test. Afaik the flickering is on purpose (does not flicker during test mode) to mimic a broken advertising sign lighting.

That’s pretty cool actually. Thanks for the info!

#11213 3 years ago

do you guys have shooter lane cliffys on your game? Overkill?

#11214 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

This helps for the ball trough - https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-16809 they'll likely have it in stock again.

That seems like an inexpensive solution. I put a notification for when they come back in stock.

#11215 3 years ago

I noticed a coin reject button LED out so I replaced it with a few different Cointaker and PL LEDs. They all got extremely hot and very quick, one to the point of soft/melting. Then I noticed the ones that were in it are 12v and the ones I put in were 6.3v. Where can I find 12v LEDs?

#11216 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

I noticed a coin reject button LED out so I replaced it with a few different Cointaker and PL LEDs. They all got extremely hot and very quick, one to the point of soft/melting. Then I noticed the ones that were in it are 12v and the ones I put in were 6.3v. Where can I find 12v LEDs?

Comet.

https://www.cometpinball.com/
prices are already very reasonable but if you watch a couple of the big streaming pinball guys you can usually find a promo code.

#11217 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You can get it for free to print on thingiverse

#11218 3 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Mine also does that. I was worried for a while too, but it is normal

#11219 3 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

You can get it for free to print on thingiverse

Just found it! Might have been your comment saying it worked on DI, but someone confirmed it. thanks!!

#11220 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Has anyone tried heating the balls in an oven to demagnetize them?
I had a recollection that heating would eliminate magnetism from engineering school 20 years ago...

Yes, unfortunately that temperature is 1418 degrees Fahrenheit and my oven won’t go that high, even though you can’t tell by the taste of my wife’s meatloaf.

#11221 3 years ago

I read somewhere that you can "cancel" a multiball by pressing both flipper buttons to start a mode instead. However when I press both buttons before mutliball it just cuts the animation but starts multiball anyway. Is there a way to stack multiball with a mode?

#11222 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I read somewhere that you can "cancel" a multiball by pressing both flipper buttons to start a mode instead. However when I press both buttons before mutliball it just cuts the animation but starts multiball anyway. Is there a way to stack multiball with a mode?

You're not doing it at the roght time. When the phone is ringing for multiball to begin is when you do it. This way you can start a mode and THEN shoot the cell phone. You're double flipping to disable the phone scoop multiball ringer the first time.

#11223 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

You're not doing it at the roght time. When the phone is ringing for multiball to begin is when you do it. This way you can start a mode and THEN shoot the cell phone. You're double flipping to disable the phone scoop multiball ringer the first time.

ahhh gotcha, so before I even hit the scoop. Makes sense, thanks

#11224 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Might have been your comment saying it worked on DI, but someone confirmed it.

Works on any Williams type ball trough. JJP, CGC, AP.

#11225 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Works on any Williams type ball trough. JJP, CGC, AP.

Thanks. My buddy is printing one for me. One last question, so I got the noise filter for the static issue but when I plug it (go between between the pink jack) sound only comes out of one speaker. (Almost sounds like it stops using the backglass speakers and sub, and is using some tiny speaker). I tried two filters because I thought one might be bad but both do the same. Suggestions?

#11226 3 years ago

Doesn't it go into the green one ?

#11227 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Doesn't it go into the green one ?

This is how it is now.

C9386EDC-F08A-4EF0-83E2-358D918AE449 (resized).pngC9386EDC-F08A-4EF0-83E2-358D918AE449 (resized).png
#11228 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

This is how it is now. [quoted image]

Pink jack - it goes into the pink jack that is the input.

#11229 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

Pink jack - it goes into the pink jack that is the input.

Steve when I Add the filter , only one speaker works it seems. I actually purchased two different ones and tried. I can link you to a video if you want to see

#11230 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Steve when I Add the filter , only one speaker works it seems. I actually purchased two different ones and tried. I can link you to a video if you want to see

Sure - not every single brand works 100 pct but are you saying that both behave the same way?

#11231 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Remove wire coming from motherboard into pink jack (3.5mm mic-style cable). Plug wire from Motherboard into female port on filter. Plug male cable coming from filter into pink jack. That's it.

#11232 3 years ago

Remove wire coming from motherboard into pink jack (3.5mm mic-style cable). Plug wire from Motherboard into female port on filter. Plug male cable coming from filter into pink jack. That's it.

Yup, it’s pretty straight forward. I’ve hooked up a ton of audio. Here’s my video. Hope it translates. Audio in the beginning working like a champ other than static, sub is working too, at the end it sounds like maybe the sub isn’t working and it almost sounds like one speaker only.

#11233 3 years ago

Not all filters are equal. I’m taking out the noise sometimes it will black some of the desired sound too.

#11234 3 years ago

Reseat every audio cable you have. The static on the front end sounded more intense than most I’ve heard.

#11235 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Hmmm doesn’t seem to be working? To confirm, when the phone is ringing for multiball if I press both flipper buttons it will be cancelled? Nothing seems to happen

#11236 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Hmmm doesn’t seem to be working? To confirm, when the phone is ringing for multiball if I press both flipper buttons it will be cancelled? Nothing seems to happen

Tap-tap.......tap-tap

#11237 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

You have to do it as soon as you lock the ball and the phone shows that it is ready. Tap both flippers multiple times to make sure you get it. Wait too long and you’ll miss it.

#11238 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Tap-tap.......tap-tap

Hit both flipper buttons twice as soon as the phone rings. What version of the software are you on?

#11239 3 years ago

Reseat every audio cable you have. The static on the front end sounded more intense than most I’ve heard.

What other audio cables are there that could affect this? I ordered a better in-line from crutchfield. Hope it works

#11240 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Hit both flipper buttons twice as soon as the phone rings. What version of the software are you on?

I’ll try it the second it starts ringing

#11241 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

What other audio cables are there that could affect this? I ordered a better in-line from crutchfield. Hope it works

the cables going to the sound board of any kind, make sure the outbound green jack on the motherboard is securely in place. Slide the male cable that is going into the pink jack out about 1/16 and see if the sound gets better.

#11242 3 years ago

Ok tapping right at the start of the phone call worked

#11243 3 years ago

Just joined the club - really enjoying DI.

#11244 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

Thanks for this. I was confused as well. Am not aware of another game trigger/cancel involving multiple presses of both flippers.

#11245 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinterest:

Just joined the club - really enjoying DI.

It’s awesome. I can’t backhand them damn phone scoop on mine though lol

#11246 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

It’s awesome. I can’t backhand them damn phone scoop on mine though lol

Having a blast with mine as well! I can just backhand the scoop on mine. Not much room for error though. I’m still waiting for the isolator for mine to get here. Mine was manufactured in July of 2018 so should be very similar to yours.

#11247 3 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Having a blast with mine as well! I can just backhand the scoop on mine. Not much room for error though. I’m still waiting for the isolator for mine to get here. Mine was manufactured in July of 2018 so should be very similar to yours.

I’m curious if yours works. I tried 2 and although the noise goes away so does the base

#11248 3 years ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

I found that I was tapping too soon.
My current technique is to double tap, pause, double tap again.
This always works.

#11249 3 years ago

Is this black wire and yellow/brown wire supposed to be connected to something?

20201028_185339 (resized).jpg20201028_185339 (resized).jpg
#11250 3 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

Is this black wire and yellow/brown wire supposed to be connected to something?
[quoted image]

Not necessarily. Are you getting any switch errors? The upper left flipper doesn't exist on this game but does in the harness so it looks like its wires are tied off.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 225 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/225?hl=pokerjake and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.