IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 273.
#11051 3 years ago

Mantis makes great products and I have them in every game I've ever had with a new playfield. There may be some variation in DI playfields because I just couldn't get mine to sit right. I ended up so frustrated with rejects I pulled it out. I'd rather enjoy the game to it's fullest and take a hit with some minor scoop wear than have a pristine game that was frustrating and not enjoyable. YMMV, some have had issues, others haven't.

#11052 3 years ago

Dialed In now showing OOS at all levels through JJP.

#11053 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Dialed In now showing OOS at all levels through JJP.

Distributors seem to still have them. JJP probably just got rid of their factory inventory.

#11054 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Distributors seem to still have them. JJP probably just got rid of their factory inventory.

Yes I’m ordering an LE from Zach today. Typically when they are gone, they can only come back out with an SE or do they make more LEs?

#11055 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Yes I’m ordering an LE from Zach today. Typically when they are gone, they can only come back out with an SE or do they make more LEs?

I don't want to state anything is normal, but just look at WoZ... how many new versions did JJP pump out? 4 or 5?

They all had different names, not SE.

#11056 3 years ago

My DialedIn Phone screen broke... While I am waiting to get a new screen, still wanted to play! So decided to use a Real Phone instead... Still working on it but I am making progress... Yea that's a iphone you see in the picture! I connected my phone thru wifi / network to the phone display of my dialedin using VNC! Still need to make some adjustment, it's only a Proof of concept at this point...

Photo on 2020-10-08 at 5.45 AM (resized).jpgPhoto on 2020-10-08 at 5.45 AM (resized).jpg
#11057 3 years ago

So.. as we have a bluetooth dongle, do you think we'll get an update that gives bluetooth audio ?

And good it's out ofnl stock finally.. maybe prices on used machines will start to increase now

#11058 3 years ago
Quoted from aeneas:

So.. as we have a bluetooth dongle, do you think we'll get an update that gives bluetooth audio ?

I believe JJP mention that their bluetooth/wifi new feature would make it to their other games. But yea the system is capable of it, and you could "hack" your machine right now to add this feature.

#11059 3 years ago

The Bluetooth audio is indeed already working on all JJP's machine for beta testers
Gnr is the first to include it as an official feature.
Same for wifi updates.

#11060 3 years ago
Quoted from crackpin:

My DialedIn Phone screen broke... While I am waiting to get a new screen, still wanted to play! So decided to use a Real Phone instead... Still working on it but I am making progress... Yea that's a iphone you see in the picture! I connected my phone thru wifi / network to the phone display of my dialedin using VNC! Still need to make some adjustment, it's only a Proof of concept at this point...[quoted image]

Dude, that is fucking awesome!

#11061 3 years ago
Quoted from crackpin:

My DialedIn Phone screen broke... While I am waiting to get a new screen, still wanted to play! So decided to use a Real Phone instead... Still working on it but I am making progress... Yea that's a iphone you see in the picture! I connected my phone thru wifi / network to the phone display of my dialedin using VNC! Still need to make some adjustment, it's only a Proof of concept at this point...[quoted image]

That’s nuts, do the videos play

#11062 3 years ago

Ok!! I officially paid for my new DILE today and super pumped as it’s my first pin. Some temptation to do a GNR but I’ve played DI and know how good it plays which was important to me. Does anyone know if it’s code complete? I know it’s 3 years old now, but are they still improving the code. (I know the code is pretty awesome already!)

#11063 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Ok!! I officially paid for my new DILE today and super pumped as it’s my first pin. Some temptation to do a GNR but I’ve played DI and know how good it plays which was important to me. Does anyone know if it’s code complete? I know it’s 3 years old now, but are they still improving the code. (I know the code is pretty awesome already!)

It is complete. There’s always the chance of a little more with JJP but everything major is in it and no killer bugs.

#11064 3 years ago

I doubt they could afford to build this machine again for a price the market would accept. Good buy.

#11065 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Yea the video play, but it's a bit slow, but I did't optimize it yet, there is some software library missing for the optimisation(I am just starting at it). I have been having issue connecting the machine over wifi(WPA). I am not part of the beta so I don't know if all the module are loaded or properly included by the default kernel. I have a ethernet cable going thru the coin door(So no way to play with coin door open), I tought of removing the grill on the bottom of the cabinet to pass the ethernet cable. I wanted to add a wifi access point in the cabinet by hooking it on the service power plug but the playfield service bar/holder block the power plug... I could had plugged the network cable on the ethernet port on the PC but I just opted plugging a USB hub/network adaptor on the front usb port used for bluetooth. I was experimenting this morning on that and got busy with other stuff. I added a user on the machine, and installed openssh on it which I use to remote control it. I also installed x11vnc(Which is old), I was't able to compile it properly (lack of library). Work in progress...

fullscreen (resized).pngfullscreen (resized).png
#11066 3 years ago

/* no comment */

#11068 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Ok I just tested in it game play and it fairly smooth... Trying to setup up a other phone or camera to record...

#11069 3 years ago

Yea after a few game played, I removed the panel for Game redemption / CC unit or bill unit and routed the ethernet cables thru there and it's snappy... Really happy about the hack... I Ordered 3 screens / controller, but and I think I'll just install one of my old phone instead... I'll record a video later today...

#11070 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Still trying to optimize it better but here is a video of using a iphone as a replacement for the DialedIn phone screen:

Here is a video

#11071 3 years ago

Nice - but I do not see anything on the iPhone display!?

#11072 3 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Nice - but I do not see anything on the iPhone display!?

He has the feed going to the real phone on the left. That’s crazy.. (fitting) pretty impressive!!

#11073 3 years ago

That's crazy. Very cool.

#11074 3 years ago
Quoted from crackpin:

Still trying to optimize it better but here is a video of using a iphone as a replacement for the DialedIn phone screen:
Here is a video

Can you make a call for pizza!?

#11075 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

Can you make a call for pizza!?

I guess I could program that, dunno if the drone will be able to fly with the machine to go pick up the pizza... In some way the Ninja got it easier... they got all those sewage they can navigate thru to get you the best NYC pizza experience. Does Fry Electronic deliver pizza?

#11076 3 years ago

Thinking about joining the club! Anything I need to look at specifically when buying a used one? There are a few out here with 1k plays how much does that impact the sale? Do balls, flipper rubbers etc need to be replaced?

Any help is appreciated!

#11077 3 years ago

I'm selling my Chrome Candy Blueberry shooter rod that I swapped out for a custom shooter rod. It looks beautiful on Dialed In LE and ships free to the US.
$50.

IMG_2164 (resized).JPGIMG_2164 (resized).JPG
#11078 3 years ago

Love my Di, Its gets more plays then my Wonka and Potc. I am still running 1.57

#11079 3 years ago
Quoted from mtp78:

Love my Di, Its gets more plays then my Wonka and Potc. I am still running 1.57

Trade my orig MB for Pirates.

#11080 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Trade my orig MB for Pirates.

And a big bag of money ?

#11081 3 years ago
Quoted from IronMan8Bit:

Thinking about joining the club! Anything I need to look at specifically when buying a used one? There are a few out here with 1k plays how much does that impact the sale? Do balls, flipper rubbers etc need to be replaced?
Any help is appreciated!

Replacing the balls should be done every couple of hundred games. Replacing the rubbers is an opportunity to make the machine your own. Change out the colours to how you like it. I used mostly Titans. Change the flipper rubbers frequently for a change.
Check the report for errors. Also do a device check. Tests>devices . Stuff like the Theatre ball flick back can be adjusted.
I can’t see this game made again or anything like it. There are too many mechs in it to be a machine sold profitably at a reasonable price. The day will come when people will look back at opportunity lost.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11082 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Replacing the balls should be done every couple of hundred games. Replacing the rubbers is an opportunity to make the machine your own. Change out the colours to how you like it. I used mostly Titans. Change the flipper rubbers frequently for a change.
Check the report for errors. Also do a device check. Tests>devices . Stuff like the Theatre ball flick back can be adjusted.
I can’t see this game made again or anything like it. There are too many mechs in it to be a machine sold profitably at a reasonable price. The day will come when people will look back at opportunity lost.
[quoted image]

Yeah I think with them not having to pay for a license, all that money went into the game. This is the game that got Pat out of retirement and he worked on it for 3 years. So well done. Those orange rubbers looks great btw

#11083 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Yeah I think with them not having to pay for a license, all that money went into the game. This is the game that got Pat out of retirement and he worked on it for 3 years. So well done. Those orange rubbers looks great btw

Dialed in is a Lawlor masterpiece for sure. You can clearly see the wizard blocks inspiration in the playfield which just makes everything that much cooler.

#11084 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

[quoted image]

Or you can not worry and enjoy the game. I have a friend who is still routing machines from the 90s with original balls, and the PFs are just fine. That was when the clear was 90% thinner... I examine balls now and then. If they have a gouge, I'll replace them. I'd put my new machines up against anyone else's. They look great!

#11085 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Or you can not worry and enjoy the game. I have a friend who is still routing machines from the 90s with original balls, and the PFs are just fine. That was when the clear was 90% thinner... I examine balls now and then. If they have a gouge, I'll replace them. I'd put my new machines up against anyone else's. They look great!

Carbon steel balls will resist becoming magnetised better than ordinary steel balls. They also can be subject to denting. If you want odd shaped balls in your machine that’s fine, I like round ones.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#11086 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Carbon steel balls will resist becoming magnetised better than ordinary steel balls. They also can be subject to denting. If you want odd shaped balls in your machine that’s fine, I like round ones.[quoted image]

I said I check them. I guess I should have clarified that dents count along with gouges. Every couple hundred games? Nah...

#11087 3 years ago

My DILE arrives Tuesday and I can’t wait. I got a chance to play GNR yesterday thinking I might have some regrets because I could have gotten it for $500 more and although it was fun, I still liked DILE better. I even liked the new Avengers or JP better. It was beautiful and hands down some of the best animations and playfield I have ever seen, but too many multiballs and add a balls for me to want to own. If I have a multi pin collection I would own it but I can have two max.

#11088 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

My DILE arrives Tuesday and I can’t wait. I got a chance to play GNR yesterday thinking I might have some regrets because I could have gotten it for $500 more and although it was fun, I still liked DILE better. I even liked the new Avengers or JP better. It was beautiful and hands down some of the best animations and playfield I have ever seen, but too many multiballs and add a balls for me to want to own. If I have a multi pin collection I would own it but I can have two max.

That is very interesting to me. I had a GnR LE on order from the release date. I have never had the chance to play DI or any other JJP game for that matter and have wanted a DI for a while. Just yesterday I had my GnR order changed to get a DIle instead. I can't wait to get it but now I at least know that someone else had the same feelings and suspicions as me.

#11089 3 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

That is very interesting to me. I had a GnR LE on order from the release date. I have never had the chance to play DI or any other JJP game for that matter and have wanted a DI for a while. Just yesterday I had my GnR order changed to get a DIle instead. I can't wait to get it but now I at least know that someone else had the same feelings and suspicions as me.

For sure. I think GNR fits in nice in a multiple cab collection but for me, I would choose dialed in and wonka over it for a two or three pin. Dialed in will also make you a better pinball player too.

#11090 3 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I have yet to play gnr, but from the very first moment of playing a dialed in, I knew I absolutely had to own it. My first jjp and have had it well over a year now. Still love it. May never beat it.

#11091 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I have yet to play gnr, but from the very first moment of playing a dialed in, I knew I absolutely had to own it. My first jjp and have had it well over a year now. Still love it. May never beat it.

Touche’ exactly how I felt.

#11092 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I'm with you @jorant. I'd been interested in Dialed In since first hearing/seeing it in 2017. I finally got to play it on location last August. It was a knockout and perfect fit for me. Was able to purchased a used LE the following month

#11093 3 years ago

Anyone have any advice for the SIM card shot?? This shot seems at times impossible on my dialed in...drives me nuts.

#11094 3 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Anyone have any advice for the SIM card shot?? This shot seems at times impossible on my dialed in...drives me nuts.

I've had the most success banking it off one of the standup targets near the quantum theater.

#11095 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Same ! I put my TSPP for sell to buy a GnR, then I saw a bunch of gameplay videos, got scared by the permanent multiballs and went to buy a DILE. I'll go get it in a couple weeks and I can't wait !

#11096 3 years ago
Quoted from adol75:

Same ! I put my TSPP for sell to buy a GnR, then I saw a bunch of gameplay videos, got scared by the permanent multiballs and went to buy a DILE. I'll go get it in a couple weeks and I can't wait !

That’s awesome! Have you played it yet!?

#11097 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

That’s awesome! Have you played it yet!?

It took me a while to realize how fantastic DI is, I didn't like it much at first, then I got one game where it all came together and I saw that the game flows like no other. It doesn't reward instantly like other JJP games, it's a game of sequences IMO if you get it right you get the score and the real fun the game can provide.

I got hooked up to it ever since.

#11098 3 years ago

My app still works. I have been playing DI with my phone on the glass and have been utilizing the Big Bang button on my phone. I wish this feature would have been carried forward. It is also fun to sometimes utilize the flipper option. Such a good game!!

#11099 3 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

If the stand up guy is left you can also bank it off of the drones but I prefer shooting the right stand up of the theatre.

#11100 3 years ago

I am hoping that my new DI will be here this week sometime. I have never played it so I have been watching a bunch of videos to get the basic idea of how it plays. Many of the videos I have found are 2-3 years old. Does the theater magnet still capture and throw the ball upwards around the loop like the sanctum shot on the shadow on the latest software?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
6,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 222 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/222?hl=adol75 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.