IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 273.
#11001 3 years ago

My Bob trap door was stuck open again last night, last time I adjusted the tab so the slightest touch and it dropped.
Seems the problem this time was the metal rod to switch was causing it to move sluggish/stiff so I put a little bit of oil on the two surfaces and now moving freely. Tried bending the switch lever first but was effecting it operating. Seems all good for now.

#11002 3 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Is Evansville In.four hours from you?

I need to fix my profile. I’m an hour north of Atlanta, Georgia. Not a great pinball state.

#11003 3 years ago

Just got back my DILE. Friend had it a few months and I bought it back...hard to not have one the best pins.

So, I started up the game and noticed weird things happening with the train station multi ball. First, it seems on every 2nd ball of 3 ball game, it says lock is lit without me doing anything. Then, if I get a ball locked under bob trap door or via train ramp lock, I immediately get phone scoop saying mulitball is ready. I checked switch matrix and all looks OK. I also forced the game to lock 2 or 3 balls in the station and then start multi ball, so that seems to indicate the optos are working, right? Any help appreciated.

#11004 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Just got back my DILE. Friend had it a few months and I bought it back...hard to not have one the best pins.
So, I started up the game and noticed weird things happening with the train station multi ball. First, it seems on every 2nd ball of 3 ball game, it says lock is lit without me doing anything. Then, if I get a ball locked under bob trap door or via train ramp lock, I immediately get phone scoop saying mulitball is ready. I checked switch matrix and all looks OK. I also forced the game to lock 2 or 3 balls in the station and then start multi ball, so that seems to indicate the optos are working, right? Any help appreciated.

This sounds normal. Once you finish your first mode, lock is lit. So, if you started a mode and drain, lock will be lit on ball 2. If you then get the trap door, you lock the ball and MB is ready since the first one is only a two ball MB. (You can bypass MB being ready by tapping both flippers when the first ball is locked.). Subsequent MBs require you to lock more balls, and you can’t use the trap door then. You have to use the side ramp.

#11005 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

This sounds normal. Once you finish you’re first mode, lock is lit. So, if you started a mode and drain, lock will be lit on ball 2. If you then get the trap door, you lock the ball and MB is ready since the first one is only a two ball MB. (You can bypass MB being ready by tapping both flippers when the first ball is locked.). Subsequent MBs require you to lock more balls, and you can’t use the trap door then. You have to use the side ramp.

Thank you! I noticed there's an option to turn off trap door virtual lock. Maybe my game was set up that way, when I first had it and now it's set to permit one ball lock for multi ball.

#11006 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Thank you! I noticed there's an option to turn off trap door virtual lock. Maybe my game was set up that way, when I first had it and now it's set to permit one ball lock for multi ball.

Maybe. The default is how you have it set now.

Always nice to find out that a perceived problem is actually how the game works.

#11007 3 years ago

Was considering in selling my Dialed In.
I played a lot of Turtles Stern recently, which is more punitive.
Seems that It trained me also as I just raised my HS in Dialed In from 2 to 5.4M
A blast game, DIAL but lost two letters. Twice quantum multi and a good chaos city.

This game is really great.
So finally not selling it

#11008 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Was considering in selling my Dialed In.
I played a lot of Turtles Stern recently, which is more punitive.
Seems that It trained me also as I just raised my HS in Dialed In from 2 to 5.4M
A blast game, DIAL but lost two letters. Twice quantum multi and a good chaos city.
This game is really great.
So finally not selling it

I have purchased a DISE, then sold it in hopes of getting an LE. Then, I got a beautiful condition LE and after 5 months sold to a friend. Then, just a few days ago, I bought the DILE back from my friend. He added the nice topper and sideart. All that to say, I have played most of the "A" pins and still keep coming back to DI. I like the overall value, quality, and "playability" of DI.

398E21AD-4446-45B0-817C-607B0CE48B1D_1_102_o (resized).jpeg398E21AD-4446-45B0-817C-607B0CE48B1D_1_102_o (resized).jpeg4C865A3F-732B-45DD-8FEC-63685E883A44_1_102_o (resized).jpeg4C865A3F-732B-45DD-8FEC-63685E883A44_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
#11009 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

I have purchased a DISE, then sold it in hopes of getting an LE. Then, I got a beautiful condition LE and after 5 months sold to a friend. Then, just a few days ago, I bought the DILE back from my friend. He added the nice topper and sideart. All that to say, I have played most of the "A" pins and still keep coming back to DI. I like the overall value, quality, and "playability" of DI.[quoted image][quoted image]

Glad to have you back...but....who is saying DI isn't an "A" pin? It is currently ranked 20 out of 344 pins...

#11010 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Glad to have you back...but....who is saying DI isn't an "A" pin? It is currently ranked 20 out of 344 pins...

correction, DI is definitely an "A" pin.

#11011 3 years ago

Another question for the team.

I have a Cliffy "cliffy" installed in the phone scoop that my friend installed. It's not sitting totally flat. Any ideas how to make is sit perfectly flat? It's working fine, but since it's always staring me in the face, I would prefer perfection!

#11012 3 years ago
Quoted from Navystan:

Another question for the team.
I have a Cliffy "cliffy" installed in the phone scoop that my friend installed. It's not sitting totally flat. Any ideas how to make is sit perfectly flat? It's working fine, but since it's always staring me in the face, I would prefer perfection!

My solution to this was to remove the cliffy (love me some cliffy) and use the mantis protector for that spot.

#11013 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Just got through Armageddon, (didn’t complete it) with out losing the ball, the game stopped as normal but must have crashed. Didn’t load the ball to restart, didn’t do a ball search. Took off the glass. The only thing responding was the ball in shooter lane switch. Restarted the game. Went to test and checked ball lock Optos and trough, all fine. Other switches seemed fine. Hope this doesn’t happen again, I was at about 7.5 and had a funny name to put in HS. Damn.

If that happens again, go into settings and do a log dump to a flash drive and email it to the JJP software team with a description of what happened.

Not many people get to Armageddon. That's some good playing.

#11014 3 years ago

I would love some thoughts from someone who has played DI and Wonka. As I get closer to making my purchase, I have never been able to play a Wonka and I would imagine a Wonka would hold its resale better, but I have played DI and think it’s the most amazing pin I have ever played. Thoughts?

#11015 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I would love some thoughts from someone who has played DI and Wonka. As I get closer to making my purchase, I have never been able to play a Wonka and I would imagine a Wonka would hold its resale better, but I have played DI and think it’s the most amazing pin I have ever played. Thoughts?

I own Wonka. A few months ago one of my friends asked if I would swap mine with his dialed in for a few months. So right now I have dialed in in my home and I can hopefully give you a good idea of what I think.

Dialed in is a very fun game.
Wonka is a very fun game.

Wonka:
Even though there are modes in this game, it is not a mode-based game really at all. It focuses heavily on multi-ball so if you are good with multi-ball or you enjoy it then this is your game. The default settings make it nearly impossible to get more than two golden tickets out of the five required to get to the final wizard mode. Dial back the difficulty settings though, then you can experience some of the most amazing wizard modes ever made.

DI:
It is a little easier than Wonka. However, I put easier settings on both machines so I could get further into them. DI gets more fun as you get further in the game. Even with the easier settings, I've only been to the final wizard mode once (collecting all SIM cards is a pain in the butt but so rewarding). The lighting effects on DI are amazing. Hitting the SIM card slot directly with the upper flipper takes a bit of tuning, and it's very difficult even after that so it can be frustrating since this is the shot that will get you bigger points.

My advice: do what you can to put some games into a Wonka before you decide to buy it. You are right about DI though, it is a crazy amazing game. I think the resale will hold anyway from what I can see (but you'd be a fool to sell it).

#11016 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I have played DI and think it’s the most amazing pin I have ever played. Thoughts?

Actually, that's all you need to know. Unless you play Wonka and you think it's better then I would go with DI.

#11017 3 years ago

Wonka seems to gather less love, so not sure about it keeping a better value..

#11018 3 years ago

My advice: do what you can to put some games into a Wonka before you decide to buy it. You are right about DI though, it is a crazy amazing game. I think the resale will hold anyway from what I can see (but you'd be a fool to sell it).

I really appreciate you taking the time out to write this. It seems like the code updates on wonka definitely made it much more fun which got me thinking. Leaning towards DI and maybe wind up trading for a wonka down the line at some point. Thanks so much!

#11019 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Wonka seems to gather less love, so not sure about it keeping a better value..

Yeah I was thinking because of the Theming.

#11020 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I really appreciate you taking the time out to write this. It seems like the code updates on wonka definitely made it much more fun which got me thinking. Leaning towards DI and maybe wind up trading for a wonka down the line at some point. Thanks so much!

Wonka is more difficult to figure out what to do and things seem to run into each other. Dialed in has modes that are much easier to understand. Both are fun to shoot, but I have a hard time with wonka.

#11021 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I have them both. DI Standard (Made that choice because there was no play difference between standard and LE and couldn't justify the upcharge) and a Wonka CE. The Wonkavator device was a must for me personally so standard was out and because of the theme I decided to pay an outrageous sum of money for a CE (momentary lapse of reason and impulsive. I'd get an LE if I had a do-over)
I like them both for different reasons. I like them both because they are Pat Lawlor as well. Wonka is the choice in my opinion if you just want to play and play without ever having to feel like you have to do something. It's a friendly game that you don't really feel pressured to do anything but slap the ball around. Plenty of stuff going on with multiballs and fun displays scenes, audio/callouts, light shows etc... and I never get tired of continuously hitting the start button again and again.
Dialed In is a little more goal oriented and of course you can knock the ball around all day as well but it seems there's more of a nudge to get things done and complete this or that. That is equally as entertaining and I have no problem hitting the start button over and over again on that one as well. Matter of fact I'm waiting on pin blades to dress it up and then I can install my pinstadium I bought from Scott. I wouldn't have done that had I not really liked the game.
Both games are keepers. Dialed in Standard or Wonka LE would be my choice if I was doing it again. DI SE is $8000.00 Wonka LE is $9500.
Only you can make the actual decision of what you want in a pinball game. Wonka has more attraction in my opinion with the whole visual package but is it worth the extra 1500 to YOU. Wonka Standard wasn't even an option for me due to being a different game in my opinion, so that's how I have to look at it now. I personally don't like the tiered pinball options manufacturers offer.
If I had to choose only one it would be Willy Wonka for me personally. So it boils down to your taste and your style of play and what you want from the game experience. We cannot make this decision for you. But as suggested by the others if you can get to a WW somewhere and put some time in that's the only way you won't be left wondering what if.....
Best wishes and if you have any follow on questions about either game, keep asking.
r/

#11022 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I didn’t get on with Wonka, just didn’t click with me. Did not find it fun.
DI was an instant hit with me, have a lot of fun on it and a favourite here with my kids and grandkids.
You really need to play Wonka. We all like different things.

#11023 3 years ago

I put a few hours on Wonka and prefer Di by far. Wonka shoots smoother, which I didn't believe possible, and it is freakin combo city. The crazy endless combos are insanely fun at first, but...

I found the game extremely easy compared to DI. The gobstopper shot was a bit challenging until I learned the backhand and that was about it. The upper flipper is easy to shoot but it's a little annoyingly blind. I still got the shots, but couldn't watch them.

Di is simpler, less smooth but far more challenging. I love the phone characters too.

#11024 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I put a few hours on Wonka and prefer Di by far. Wonka shoots smoother, which I didn't believe possible, and it is freakin combo city. The crazy endless combos are insanely fun at first, but...
I found the game extremely easy compared to DI. The gobstopper shot was a bit challenging until I learned the backhand and that was about it. The upper flipper is easy to shoot but it's a little annoyingly blind. I still got the shots, but couldn't watch them.
Di is simpler, less smooth but far more challenging. I love the phone characters too.

Wow, I definitely don’t think that would be my problem... the too easy part lol. Interesting you think Wonkas smoother because after playing DI I wouldn’t have even thought that was possible. That’s what blew me away was how buttery smooth it is. I appreciate everyone with the feedback, great environment here.

#11025 3 years ago
Quoted from Lostcause:

I didn’t get on with Wonka, just didn’t click with me. Did not find it fun.
DI was an instant hit with me, have a lot of fun on it and a favourite here with my kids and grandkids.
You really need to play Wonka. We all like different things.

I think the rule set is so much more straight forward than Wonka, so it’s easier to grasp and make some progress and what kid doesn’t love a flashing phone?

#11026 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I own both.
If you love the movie get a Wonka.
DI is fun but I enjoy Wonka more as I enjoyed the movie.

Can't go wrong with either just prefer Wonka over DI

#11027 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Interesting you think Wonkas smoother because after playing DI I wouldn’t have even thought that was possible. That’s what blew me away was how buttery smooth it is.

People always say DI is so smooth, but isn't the left orbit shot incredibly clunky ? Don't get me wrong, DI is probably my favorite game ever and I find the ball clanking around the ramp entrance, skill shot and entrance to the pops fun because I never know what's going to happen - but smooth that shot is not.

#11028 3 years ago

You may need to.. Dialed in your pinball.
I agree that the shot is clunky on cradled balls, but it works well on rolling balls
The subway seems anyway to be the real target in the orbit. Not like a lord of the ring fast orbit shot...

#11029 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

People always say DI is so smooth, but isn't the left orbit shot incredibly clunky ?

Nope! But I understand why you say this.

The left orbit was a disaster (hahah, DI theme pun intended) until I fixed the trap door! If the flap is broken or the door does lay flat, it's clunky and the ball basically doesn't make it around the orbit.

Once I fixed my trap door (the flap was broken off), it's very smooth and I can make the orbit.

IMHO, Dialed In is VERY smooth.

#11030 3 years ago

The main 'issue' or at least 'difference' between dialed in and my other machines (jjp and stern) is the flipper feelings.
I don't know why but they react differently.
It's not bad, it's just not.. usual
They feel not reactive and strong but can anyway send powerful shot. It's a bit a weird feeling.
But once you get used to that, they play fine

#11031 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Nope! But I understand why you say this.
The left orbit was a disaster (hahah, DI theme pun intended) until I fixed the trap door! If the flap is broken or the door does lay flat, it's clunky and the ball basically doesn't make it around the orbit.
Once I fixed my trap door (the flap was broken off), it's very smooth and I can make the orbit.
IMHO, Dialed In is VERY smooth.

Yep mine is smooth too.

#11032 3 years ago

Thanks for the comments. I agree, if the ball has enough speed it will stay on the outside borders of the orbit due to the centrifugal force and bypass the skill shot area and the pops entrance smoothly. It still has to jump over the right ramp diverter. My trapdoor is not broken, I’ll double check, but I think it lays flat and I don’t really register any resistance when the ball is going over it. I don’t think, though, I’ve ever had a left orbit shot which zips around and comes out on the right side at high speed (like for instance on MM).

#11033 3 years ago

There isn't just the trap door, but the ramp behind the trap door. My steel flap has lifted slightly and it is a tough shot to get a full orbit back to the upper right flipper. I've not had the time to smooth it out.

#11034 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Thanks for the comments. I agree, if the ball has enough speed it will stay on the outside borders of the orbit due to the centrifugal force and bypass the skill shot area and the pops entrance smoothly. It still has to jump over the right ramp diverter. My trapdoor is not broken, I’ll double check, but I think it lays flat and I don’t really register any resistance when the ball is going over it. I don’t think, though, I’ve ever had a left orbit shot which zips around and comes out on the right side at high speed (like for instance on MM).

It's designed to be slow so that you get the pops a lot of the time.

#11035 3 years ago

I lost my trap door flap, and my orbit shot seems the same with or without it. I did get a replacement just in case it worsens.

However, I don’t think the flap prevents clunky orbit shots. (Though I can certainly see The lack of it hurting if not there depending upon where it broke off.) Rather, I think it is the hinge on the other end of the door that causes a bit of a bump that slows down the shot some.

#11036 3 years ago
Quoted from mikepmcs:

I have them both. DI Standard (Made that choice because there was no play difference between standard and LE and couldn't justify the upcharge) and a Wonka CE. The Wonkavator device was a must for me personally so standard was out and because of the theme I decided to pay an outrageous sum of money for a CE (momentary lapse of reason and impulsive. I'd get an LE if I had a do-over)
I like them both for different reasons. I like them both because they are Pat Lawlor as well. Wonka is the choice in my opinion if you just want to play and play without ever having to feel like you have to do something. It's a friendly game that you don't really feel pressured to do anything but slap the ball around. Plenty of stuff going on with multiballs and fun displays scenes, audio/callouts, light shows etc... and I never get tired of continuously hitting the start button again and again.
Dialed In is a little more goal oriented and of course you can knock the ball around all day as well but it seems there's more of a nudge to get things done and complete this or that. That is equally as entertaining and I have no problem hitting the start button over and over again on that one as well. Matter of fact I'm waiting on pin blades to dress it up and then I can install my pinstadium I bought from Scott. I wouldn't have done that had I not really liked the game.
Both games are keepers. Dialed in Standard or Wonka LE would be my choice if I was doing it again. DI SE is $8000.00 Wonka LE is $9500.
Only you can make the actual decision of what you want in a pinball game. Wonka has more attraction in my opinion with the whole visual package but is it worth the extra 1500 to YOU. Wonka Standard wasn't even an option for me due to being a different game in my opinion, so that's how I have to look at it now. I personally don't like the tiered pinball options manufacturers offer.
If I had to choose only one it would be Willy Wonka for me personally. So it boils down to your taste and your style of play and what you want from the game experience. We cannot make this decision for you. But as suggested by the others if you can get to a WW somewhere and put some time in that's the only way you won't be left wondering what if.....
Best wishes and if you have any follow on questions about either game, keep asking.
r/

So I made a looong trip today (like 9 hours there back and car charging time) to play both, and your post is right on the money. Wonka isn’t so linear and you can pickup, get a slugsworth multi or gobstopper multi and it’s fun whereas dialed in is more linear. Charge the phone, hit the phone, finish the mode or Big Bang during, collect the sim. Both were a blast and shot great. I kinda wish I hated wonka to make the decision easier. I also played hobbit and that I hated. Slow motion to me.

#11037 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I also played hobbit

So here's the thing with The Hobbit.
The multiballs are the funnest in the industry hands down. The rest of the game is like chopping wood. IMHO the multiballs more than makeup for the labor of getting there.

#11038 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

So here's the thing with The Hobbit.
The multiballs are the funnest in the industry hands down. The rest of the game is like chopping wood. IMHO the multiballs more than makeup for the labor of getting there.

I played one game and it was a killer game. Multi balls, jackpots, super jackpots, just not for me. I know some people think it’s the best JJP.

#11039 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I played one game and it was a killer game. Multi balls, jackpots, super jackpots, just not for me. I know some people think it’s the best JJP.

Hell, I think it's the best game I've ever played!

I absolutely love my dialed in, but I'd pick hobbit over it 100 times out of 100.

#11040 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Hell, I think it's the best game I've ever played!
I absolutely love my dialed in, but I'd pick hobbit over it 100 times out of 100.

Hobbit is great to play last in a session. It wears you down and rewards you. Makes your eyeballs bounce for about ten mins after you have finished.

#11041 3 years ago

3 drones in DI? Bullshit...how about 8 of them? Yes, the old code had them spinning too much and the motors burning out. Luckily with the updated code the motors are activated once about every 58 hours, so they should be fine

C341F99B-082F-48AE-9249-FBF6664E8180 (resized).jpegC341F99B-082F-48AE-9249-FBF6664E8180 (resized).jpegD5AA3958-EE35-46B5-A6D8-4CBC2E252107 (resized).jpegD5AA3958-EE35-46B5-A6D8-4CBC2E252107 (resized).jpeg
#11043 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

3 drones in DI? Bullshit...how about 8 of them? Yes, the old code had them spinning too much and the motors burning out. Luckily with the updated code the motors are activated once about every 58 hours, so they should be fine
[quoted image][quoted image]

Are all of those actually connected to power?

And yes...you are a madman.

#11044 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Are all of those actually connected to power?
And yes...you are a madman.

Yep, all connected! Been hooked up for 3 months now. We play it quite a bit, no problems so far.

#11045 3 years ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

[quoted image][quoted image]

That's awesome how do I purchase more drones?

#11046 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

That's awesome how do I purchase more drones?

maybe Barry can help with this. [email protected]

#11047 3 years ago

Protector question:

Are these cliffy or mantis?

I noticed the phone has an open area but the SIM does not.

My SIM is slightly bent. Thinking of just removing, although it'll probably be a b!tch.

Anyway, they are different in appearance, hence the question.

Thanks.

1002201755a (resized).jpg1002201755a (resized).jpg1002201756 (resized).jpg1002201756 (resized).jpg
#11048 3 years ago

I think those are neither, they look like JJP's own protectors that they fitted to early machines before making cliffy's available.

#11049 3 years ago

Thanks.

I'll look into that SIM protector. Any suggestions cliffy vs many is for that location?

#11050 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Thanks.
I'll look into that SIM protector. Any suggestions cliffy vs many is for that location?

I have Cliffy's fitted to mine and I'm happy with them but no idea how they'd stand up to location play. Never tried mantis.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 221 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/221?hl=pinchild and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.