IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 273.
#10951 3 years ago
Quoted from poup:

Leveled up the upper right leg, It happens less. The playfield protector is also one of the reason

I already removed the protector, no impact on that issue. And It's well levelled for the whole flow.
3D printing would be ideal. I have the printer but not the 3d design skill ^^
If someone is skilled enough, and as spare time, i can work with to design a prototype.

#10952 3 years ago

I am sure this is already somewhere on the forum. My moving electric man fell off stick can not figure out how to fix him. Any help would be greatly appreciated

#10953 3 years ago
Quoted from smognote:

I am sure this is already somewhere on the forum. My moving electric man fell off stick can not figure out how to fix him. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Screw him back on.

#10954 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Screw him back on.

Page C-32 in the manual. Looks like 4 screws.

Probably laying on the playfield or in the bottom of the cabinet somewhere.

LTG : )

#10955 3 years ago

did find one of the screws on the playfield. will check underneath it tomorrow for the others

#10956 3 years ago

I found 3 more screws under the playfeild. One larger then the other 3. I would guess 2 go where the elbows are but what about the others. Also notice one screw is in the mechanical part. Any insight please

IMG_20200903_205652171 (resized).jpgIMG_20200903_205652171 (resized).jpgIMG_20200903_205734241 (resized).jpgIMG_20200903_205734241 (resized).jpg
#10957 3 years ago

fixed it!!!!!!

#10958 3 years ago
Quoted from smognote:

fixed it!!!!!!

now you can fix any machine.

#10959 3 years ago

I'm selling my game and the buyer is picking it up tomorrow. I have to say, this is one of modern pinball's best games. From the shot flow, to the toys and magnets, light show, features, build quality and fun factor, I was definitely fortunate to be able to own this game for a time. This one will be a hard one to let go of. It was a fun ride! CRAAAZY!

#10960 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm selling my game and the buyer is picking it up tomorrow. I have to say, this is one of modern pinball's best games. From the shot flow, to the toys and magnets, light show, features, build quality and fun factor, I was definitely fortunate to be able to own this game for a time. This one will be a hard one to let go of. It was a fun ride! CRAAAZY!

Thanks again. Can’t wait to get it home and set up. Glad to be in the club!

#10961 3 years ago

Just picked up a dialed in and noticed this in the coin tray. Anyone know what this goes to?

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10962 3 years ago
Quoted from schwism:

Thanks again. Can’t wait to get it home and set up. Glad to be in the club!

From one Okie to another, welcome to the DI Club! CRAZY!

#10963 3 years ago
Quoted from Trooper11040:

Just picked up a dialed in and noticed this in the coin tray. Anyone know what this goes to?[quoted image]

House arrest anklet?

#10964 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

House arrest anklet?

Very possible!

#10965 3 years ago

So I picked up a DILE yesterday. It was still running 1.53. I updated it today to 1.73 and now the Bluetooth dongle isn’t working. I can care less about the Bluetooth feature but I get the error every time I boot up. This a known issue? (Yes the bluetooth dongle is plugged in and I used the USB plug for the update so it’s definitely working)
5D9F356C-47A7-4397-8F92-BA33BF31DEB3 (resized).jpeg5D9F356C-47A7-4397-8F92-BA33BF31DEB3 (resized).jpeg

#10966 3 years ago

So I picked up a DILE yesterday. It was still running 1.53. I updated it today to 1.73 and now the Bluetooth dongle isn’t working. I can care less about the Bluetooth feature but I get the error every time I boot up. This a known issue? (Yes the bluetooth dongle is plugged in and I used the USB plug for the update so it’s definitely working)
[quoted image]

These just have a history of failing.....and BOTH the dongle itself and the usb cable itself can fail. Thankfully its a unneeded feature and just a slight annoyance at startup.

#10967 3 years ago

Ok one more question about the lottery scratch off. It says to wave your hand to scratch the ticket yet it doesn’t do anything?

#10968 3 years ago

Ok one more question about the lottery scratch off. It says to wave your hand to scratch the ticket yet it doesn’t do anything?

It should - check your camera its a fun feature a guaranteed way to get 2,000 points but a ball drain.

#10969 3 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

It should - check your camera its a fun feature a guaranteed way to get 2,000 points but a ball drain.

I went into the camera and it shows the motion...maybe I should lower the setting a bit

#10970 3 years ago

If you are playing the game in a dark room the camera won't pick it up. This is not a joke.

#10971 3 years ago

Just picked up a dialed in and noticed this in the coin tray. Anyone know what this goes to?[quoted image]

Looks like a 12v power tap. I know Mezel Mods sells them for people to add powered mods. I bought one recently. Mezel's are fused so this may be a homemade one maybe.

#10972 3 years ago

Anyone have any info on a replacement monitor for DI backbox?

#10973 3 years ago

[quoted image]

When I got mine recently, the BT was missing, so I gambled with one of these and DI recognized it. Supports BT4 and the major operating systems (I assumed JJP used a flavor of Linux, which this BT supports): https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009ZIILLI/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00

Didn't really buy it to use the cell phone flippers (a lot of lag)...just got it for whatever JJP has up their sleeve for upgrades. Not sure if your BT died or not, but a cheap way to find out.
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#10974 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

When I got mine recently, the BT was missing, so I gambled with one of these and DI recognized it. Supports BT4 and the major operating systems (I assumed JJP used a flavor of Linux, which this BT supports): amazon.com link »
Didn't really buy it to use the cell phone flippers (a lot of lag)...just got it for whatever JJP has up their sleeve for upgrades. Not sure if your BT died or not, but a cheap way to find out.
[quoted image]

I’m thinking the one I had died for whatever reason. It worked when I brought home the game but stopped working post update. I plugged it into my laptop and the laptop isn’t recognizing it either and saying it’s drivers are bad or something.

#10975 3 years ago

I’m thinking the one I had died for whatever reason. It worked when I brought home the game but stopped working post update. I plugged it into my laptop and the laptop isn’t recognizing it either and saying it’s drivers are bad or something.

I guess I should add that I played the pin on the phone with the new BT, but can't be certain that every single function is fully supported since it is a generic BT. Just don't want to mislead you. But so far, so good.

#10976 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

I guess I should add that I played the pin on the phone with the new BT, but can't be certain that every single function is fully supported since it is a generic BT. Just don't want to mislead you. But so far, so good.

I don't believe its anything special...just a regular 4.0 BT Dongle...

#10977 3 years ago

So now I’m on issue #3 with my new to me DILE...today I noticed lights in the shooter lane, the shoot again and special were all solid one color. I rebooted the game, they were all off. I started messing with the board under the PF, and I got them to work intermittently...hopefully this isn’t a board issue ‍♂️

297B4F06-FC6D-4AEC-B82D-022DF73EA803 (resized).jpeg297B4F06-FC6D-4AEC-B82D-022DF73EA803 (resized).jpeg50BDCDDC-609B-406A-818C-2F6B0F1A3A27 (resized).jpeg50BDCDDC-609B-406A-818C-2F6B0F1A3A27 (resized).jpeg
#10978 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Got the one you mentioned today. Works perfect and works great with the app!!

#10979 3 years ago

Got the one you mentioned today. Works perfect and works great with the app!!

Excellent!

#10980 3 years ago

Man reading through the posts. I’m patiently waiting for any state within 4 hours from me to list a Standard or an LE for a reasonable price and I’m all over it. My favorite table. It will be my first real pinball so open for any and all advice too!!

#10981 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Man reading through the posts. I’m patiently waiting for any state within 4 hours from me to list a Pro or an LE for a reasonable price and I’m all over it. My favorite table. It will be my first real pinball so open for any and all advice too!!

JJP doesn't run Pro/LE, but we know what you mean.

#10982 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

JJP doesn't run Pro/LE, but we know what you mean.

I actually meant standard or LE...I’m blowing my first pin and I haven’t even gotten it yet. Ugh.

#10983 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

I actually meant standard or LE...I’m blowing my first pin and I haven’t even gotten it yet. Ugh.

Call it what you want! Most of us don’t care

#10984 3 years ago

Exactly. Hell, we don't even get those options under the game name!

You'll love it!

#10985 3 years ago

in the move from 1.57 to 1.73 the lighting of the shoot again insert was changed (I think). On the screen you are told how many balls you still have and not on which ball you are currently on. Therefore, when you get an extra ball, the shoot again insert does not light. It’s lit during ball save and other lighting effects. I thought the led was malfunctioning, but it works fine otherwise and during diagnostic. JJP once again turns upside down a long standing tradition pertaining to how you know which ball you’re on (I like it). Sorry if I’m just rehashing old news, but I just figured it out and I hadn’t seen it elsewhere.

#10986 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

in the move from 1.57 to 1.73 the lighting of the shoot again insert was changed (I think). On the screen you are told how many balls you still have and not on which ball you are currently on. Therefore, when you get an extra ball, the shoot again insert does not light. It’s lit during ball save and other lighting effects. I thought the led was malfunctioning, but it works fine otherwise and during diagnostic. JJP once again turns upside down a long standing tradition pertaining to how you know which ball you’re on (I like it). Sorry if I’m just rehashing old news, but I just figured it out and I hadn’t seen it elsewhere.

you can change this behavior in the settings. But you are right: in default settings it has changed this way. Additionally to the way your remaining balls are displayed, it changes the way of of a multi-player game: in this mode you always change players after a loss, even if you got an extra ball. Each extra ball is just an additional ball at the end, so no more waiting for two or three balls in a row for one player, unless at the end if only one player got extra balls...

#10987 3 years ago

thanks for that. I’ll probably leave it like that for now. I’m not good enough at DI to loose track of how many extra balls I’ve earned. It is hard to keep track of how far I am from Theatre multiball without looking at the info screen, though.

#10988 3 years ago

Hey guys, I am having an issue with my Dialed In:
I'll be playing a game, and randomly it will think I have drained my ball, which instantly kills the flippers and ends the ball. Super frustrating!
My hunch is that it is a bad trough opto board, but I cannot confirm this.
Things I checked:
* test errors - there are none reported
* connections under the playfield around the trough. I found a loose molex connection and just cut it out completely and butt-spliced each of the wires.

I think I will clean the optos for the trough, but other than that I am out of ideas.
What do you guys think?

#10989 3 years ago

1st real game of pinball in like 3 weeks (hand surgery) and almost beat dialed in. 7 of 8 letters and only needed one more with 3 balls left. GC was $3 bil, I put up $5.4 bil. Can't believe I choked it away.

#10990 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

I'll be playing a game, and randomly it will think I have drained my ball, which instantly kills the flippers and ends the ball. Super frustrating!
Things I checked:
* connections under the playfield around the trough. I found a loose molex connection and just cut it out completely and butt-spliced each of the wires.
I think I will clean the optos for the trough, but other than that I am out of ideas.
What do you guys think?

There is a test setting for the ball trough, I would check there 1st.

#10991 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

1st real game of pinball in like 3 weeks (hand surgery) and almost beat dialed in. 7 of 8 letters and only needed one more with 3 balls left. GC was $3 bil, I put up $5.4 bil. Can't believe I choked it away.

Nice! You go Dave!

#10992 3 years ago
Quoted from daveyvandy:

Things I checked:
What do you guys think?

Common with wonka, my guess contact JJP for new opto boards.

#10993 3 years ago

My apologies if it’s already been brought up. Has anyone replaced the LED strip in the backbox to replace a non functioning one? Any particular brands recommended? Thx

#10994 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Hmmm. Perhaps I should look into hand surgery.

#10995 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I second this!

#10996 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Trigger Finger, fought it and hurt like hell for 18 months. If anyone has it just get the surgery and move on. And score higher*!

*results may very

#10997 3 years ago

Just got through Armageddon, (didn’t complete it) with out losing the ball, the game stopped as normal but must have crashed. Didn’t load the ball to restart, didn’t do a ball search. Took off the glass. The only thing responding was the ball in shooter lane switch. Restarted the game. Went to test and checked ball lock Optos and trough, all fine. Other switches seemed fine. Hope this doesn’t happen again, I was at about 7.5 and had a funny name to put in HS. Damn.

#10998 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Just got through Armageddon, (didn’t complete it) with out losing the ball, the game stopped as normal but must have crashed. Didn’t load the ball to restart, didn’t do a ball search. Took off the glass. The only thing responding was the ball in shooter lane switch. Restarted the game. Went to test and checked ball lock Optos and trough, all fine. Other switches seemed fine. Hope this doesn’t happen again, I was at about 7.5 and had a funny name to put in HS. Damn.

This happened to me on an earlier software version. Are you on the latest code?

#10999 3 years ago

Yup 1.73

#11000 3 years ago
Quoted from Kenswift:

Man reading through the posts. I’m patiently waiting for any state within 4 hours from me to list a Standard or an LE for a reasonable price and I’m all over it. My favorite table. It will be my first real pinball so open for any and all advice too!!

Is Evansville In.four hours from you?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Hilton Head Island, SC
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 220 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/220?hl=smognote and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.