IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 273.
#1001 6 years ago

Has Pat made any comments to how pleased he is the game being a hit or not ? Would like to hear he take on things now after a so so introduction....Game looks awesome

#1002 6 years ago

I know the team is proud of the game, as well they should be. It really is a triumph. In my opinion, it has the best playfield layout Lawlor has ever done and the game itself hits the mark of appealing to various skill levels. The subtle details really knock it out of the park.

#1003 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Put your machine on "Director's Cut" which changes a bunch of settings to be like Pat intended, including the magnets to "MEDIUM".

Whaaaaaaa a Director's Cut eh? Nice...disables the ball save I assume?

#1004 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Whaaaaaaa a Director's Cut eh? Nice...disables the ball save I assume?

YUP

#1005 6 years ago

Yep in EMP Strike the magnets sometimes move the ball enough for it to not center drain, but not always. I'll try changing the magnet setting. Thanks!

Curious what folks are setting their flipper strength to? My machine came with both bottom flippers set at 18, which seems a little on the weak side. The "green" setting seems to be 21 - interesting they would have set them at lower-than-default.

#1006 6 years ago
Quoted from andre060:

Yep in EMP Strike the magnets sometimes move the ball enough for it to not center drain, but not always. I'll try changing the magnet setting. Thanks!
Curious what folks are setting their flipper strength to? My machine came with both bottom flippers set at 18, which seems a little on the weak side. The "green" setting seems to be 21 - interesting they would have set them at lower-than-default.

#1007 6 years ago

Trap Door fix that worked for me:

Ron...

Quoted from PtownPin:

Ok...thanks...

#1008 6 years ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

Trap Door fix that worked for me:
» YouTube video
Ron...

Nice, great explanation of how the door works. The issue I have is that the ramp flap doesn’t sit entirely flush with the play field, which I’m guessing prevents a clean shot around the loop.

#1009 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Put your machine on "Director's Cut" which changes a bunch of settings to be like the software team intended, including the magnets to "MEDIUM".

Ive put my magnets at med from the beginning and mentioned it on here to do also......what else does this change?

#1010 6 years ago

Just joined the club.... and now have to immediately go to a high school band concert without powering the game up. ARRRGGHGHGHHH

20171024_172920[1] (resized).jpg20171024_172920[1] (resized).jpg

#1011 6 years ago

Where is the director's cut setting?

#1012 6 years ago

Is Armageddon the final wizard mode?

I see a lot of people have made it to this... is the game quite shallow? How many modes/ disasters are there?

Don't know if I should get a DI or wait and see what a GOTG is like.

#1013 6 years ago

I first played DI at 2017 Louisville Arcade Expo. I stood in a long line waiting to play while listening to selfie and emoji mode sounds, then when it was my turn to finally play, my game lasted like 2 minutes. I walked away hating it.

Fast forward 7 months and many plays at different locations later and now excited to say...joining the club on Friday with a DILE! The design and layout, theme, humor, art, code, quality, and overall experience is phenomenal. I've changed my mind on many games after playing more, but never have I experienced such a 180 as I have with Dialed In.

#1014 6 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Just joined the club.... and now have to immediately go to a high school band concert without powering the game up. ARRRGGHGHGHHH

Definition of torture.

That looks like protective cling wrap on the cab? Good idea, but wasn't on mine.

#1015 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Where is the director's cut setting?

Nevermind....found it

#1016 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

I see a lot of people have made it to this... is the game quite shallow? How many modes/ disasters are there?

No.... and it has alot of code and even more in new release. Not a easy game unless its on 1.13 factory settings..... to many eb.

#1017 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Armageddon is the "booby prize" ending. Not so hard to do. Showdown is the real ending and is hard to get to and hard to finish (I've not finished it yet).

The game is on the shallow side with 1.13, but it sounds like 1.46 code has already begun addressing issues of depth. I feel like Dialed In is another WoZ, building from a base.

#1018 6 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

No. Armageddon is what you get for playing all 11 disaster modes.

As far as anyone knows, The Showdown is the final mode. It's what you get for collecting all 8 Sim Cards.

I've made it to both, but only once, and it was in the same game (because I was really on with my shooting, and completed most modes while playing through them). The modes are not easy to complete. You get 30 seconds and need to make anywhere from 3 to 8 shots...not a lot of time. Then you need to hit the hardest shot in the game to pick up the Sim Card. I'm a fairly highly ranked player, FWIW.

Mine is on location and has about 1200 plays on it. I'm pretty confident that no one else has been to The Showdown, nor Armageddon...but I could check the audits to be sure.

To be honest, I do think it is a more shallow game than others that have been released recently. There isn't a ton of nuance for how to play: start modes, complete modes, collect sim card. Bring in a multiball or Crazy Bob mode when it's not too much extra work. However, what is there is really fun, and the focus on completing the modes is a nice departure from most games where you just start them and do other stuff (like focus on a multiball). I think the mode difficulty is just right, and completing them is fun and rewarding (aside from the points)...and they are varied enough from each other that it doesn't feel like "hit random colored shots".

It's a nice change of pace that you can actually explain most of the rules in a minute or so. A lot of games are a bit of a grind to get to wizard modes, but Dialed In doesn't feel like that at all.

#1019 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Armageddon is the "booby prize" ending. Not so hard to do. Showdown is the real ending and is hard to get to and hard to finish (I've not finished it yet).
The game is on the shallow side with 1.13, but it sounds like 1.46 code has already begun addressing issues of depth. I feel like Dialed In is another WoZ, building from a base.

Man your game must be set up on the easy side?..... put the magnets on med and take all the easy eb away and ajust the kickback harder znd its not a easy game at all. My ball and game tines on di are around the same as my afm and bsd .... factory settings on 1.13 are way to easy imo. Wait till the new code is available as factory settings seem to be much more difficult.

#1020 6 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

No. Armageddon is what you get for playing all 11 disaster modes.
As far as anyone knows, The Showdown is the final mode. It's what you get for collecting all 8 Sim Cards.
I've made it to both, but only once, and it was in the same game (because I was really on with my shooting, and completed most modes while playing through them). The modes are not easy to complete. You get 30 seconds and need to make anywhere from 3 to 8 shots...not a lot of time. Then you need to hit the hardest shot in the game to pick up the Sim Card. I'm a fairly highly ranked player, FWIW.
Mine is on location and has about 1200 plays on it. I'm pretty confident that no one else has been to The Showdown, nor Armageddon...but I could check the audits to be sure.
To be honest, I do think it is a more shallow game than others that have been released recently. There isn't a ton of nuance for how to play: start modes, complete modes, collect sim card. Bring in a multiball or Crazy Bob mode when it's not too much extra work. However, what is there is really fun, and the focus on completing the modes is a nice departure from most games where you just start them and do other stuff (like focus on a multiball). I think the mode difficulty is just right, and completing them is fun and rewarding (aside from the points)...and they are varied enough from each other that it doesn't feel like "hit random colored shots".
It's a nice change of pace that you can actually explain most of the rules in a minute or so. A lot of games are a bit of a grind to get to wizard modes, but Dialed In doesn't feel like that at all.

Good review.... not all games need to be woz depth....however di set up right is difficult and i dont see me ever getting to showdown and only Armageddon if i time out all the modes and focus on that....what fun is that tho lol.

#1021 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Man your game must be set up on the easy side?..... put the magnets on med and take all the easy eb away and ajust the kickback harder znd its not a easy game at all. My ball and game tines on di are around the same as my afm and bsd .... factory settings on 1.13 are way to easy imo. Wait till the new code is available as factory settings seem to be much more difficult.

Factory settings except more magnets and most of the EBs off. One EB max per game. I've been playing it since May, so headstart over most.

#1022 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Definition of torture.
That looks like protective cling wrap on the cab? Good idea, but wasn't on mine.

I think the cling wrap is on games with rad cals. Could be wrong though.

#1023 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Factory settings except more magnets and most of the EBs off. One EB max per game. I've been playing it since May, so headstart over most.

Tilt? Also the kickback settings are very easy on 1.13 factory....this is changed on the new code. Not sure what else changed but the 1.46 is much more difficult and has been totally kicking my ass lol. Most of it tho is probably bc i suck lol

#1024 6 years ago

You guys getting to Armageddon are impressive. I have a top score of about 2.3 mil, but haven't come close I don't think. I play on factory settings original code.

#1025 6 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You guys getting to Armageddon are impressive. I have a top score of about 2.3 mil, but haven't come close I don't think. I play on factory settings original code.

If u time out all the modes and focus on Armageddon its possible but thats not fun to me......

#1026 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Tilt? Also the kickback settings are very easy on 1.13 factory....this is changed on the new code. Not sure what else changed but the 1.46 is much more difficult and has been totally kicking my ass lol. Most of it tho is probably bc i suck lol

Tilt is what I would call average, but it's set to per ball, not per game (which is retarded, IMO). I get warnings all the time.

#1027 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Tilt is what I would call average, but it's set to per ball, not per game (which is retarded, IMO). I get warnings all the time.

Dam i forgot to change that setting....

#1028 6 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If u time out all the modes and focus on Armageddon its possible but thats not fun to me......

Isn't Armageddon based on how well you do in the modes? Isn't there a timer or health bar or something that is effected by modes? I've been to Armageddon twice. Once I played a long time ( had 4 or 5 SIM cards); the other time it cut me off short, real short (only had 1 SIM card).

#1029 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Isn't Armageddon based on how well you do in the modes? Isn't there a timer or health bar or something that is effected by modes? I've been to Armageddon twice. Once I played a long time ( had 4 or 5 SIM cards); the other time it cut me off short, real short (only had 1 SIM card).

Not sure haven't been close lol.... i believe u just have to light all the modes tho...thats it.

#1030 6 years ago

My Dialed In says version 1.13 Is this the only version or has there been upgrades.
Is there a go to video on upgrading JJP software?

#1031 6 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

My Dialed In says version 1.13 Is this the only version

That is the current one.

This is for a delta update. Not a full install. Instructions are in the JJP manuals which you can download at jerseyjackpinball.com

LTG : )

#1032 6 years ago
Quoted from jints56:

I think the cling wrap is on games with rad cals. Could be wrong though.

That’s exactly it - peeling off the clear protective film has a weird satisfying feeling and exposes the shiny goodness

#1033 6 years ago

I've been fighting with an impossible to hit Station 3 shot (statistics show no one hit it in 300 games!). I'm pretty terrible, but not that bad. After watching a bunch of videos I think my upper flipper might not adjusted just right. Can anyone confirm if this is correct or if it needs to be adjusted to swing out a bit more? If so about how far should it extend?

IMG_6479 (resized).jpgIMG_6479 (resized).jpg

#1034 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

I've been fighting with an impossible to hit Station 3 shot (statistics show no one hit it in 300 games!). I'm pretty terrible, but not that bad. After watching a bunch of videos I think my upper flipper might not adjusted just right. Can anyone confirm if this is correct or if it needs to be adjusted to swing out a bit more? If so about how far should it extend?

Something is obviously not correct and must not be very fun not being able to lock balls and all the other important upper flipper shots. It looks like its not working properly and not going up high enough.

#1035 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

What's your pitch?

#1036 6 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What's your pitch?

A touch past the second line on the bubble. My phone app wasn't very consistent, but at most a touch over 6.5.

#1037 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Your upper flipper is way way off,it should be back all the way,how do you make the right orbit

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1038 6 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

Your upper flipper is way way off,it should be back all the way,how do you make the right orbit

He's showing it in the extended position.

#1039 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

Can anyone confirm if this is correct or if it needs to be adjusted to swing out a bit more? If so about how far should it extend

Here's mine. I can make the shot pretty much every time.

IMG_4596 (resized).JPGIMG_4596 (resized).JPG

#1040 6 years ago
Quoted from VidiotGT:

It looks like it needs to be adjusted out further. What does it look like in the resting position? Also, check that ramp(station 3). Mine had a wire hanging down by that ramp & the ball would hit it & slow the ball down enough to keep you from making the shot.

#1041 6 years ago

I got Armeggedon twice in a row in 2 games. Factory settings. I think you only need to start 9 disasters to start it.

#1042 6 years ago
Quoted from Marvin:

Best and easiest fix, take of the stupid protector and play the game on the field like it's designed for. It's a game.

How is the protector attached?

Can it be removed without disassembling the pf if you end up hating it?

Can it be cut off on pieces, or is there adhesive holding it on?

#1043 6 years ago
Quoted from PsychoPsonic:

Awesome, I've got one coming to Raleigh as well

#1044 6 years ago

Well shoot the JJP phone scoop protector is starting to bum me out as it has really made the shot much more difficult. I played a bunch of games last night and am getting more frustrated with the rejected shots as I could hit the phone scoop at will without the protector. Any feedback on the Cliffy phone scoop protector, does it also make the shot very difficult to make?

#1045 6 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Well shoot the JJP phone scoop protector is starting to bum me out as it has really made the shot much more difficult. I played a bunch of games last night and am getting more frustrated with the rejected shots as I could hit the phone scoop at will without the protector. Any feedback on the Cliffy phone scoop protector, does it also make the shot very difficult to make?

At first it did, but after a bit of play, no issues.

#1046 6 years ago
Quoted from RTS:

How is the protector attached?
Can it be removed without disassembling the pf if you end up hating it?
Can it be cut off on pieces, or is there adhesive holding it on?

It's held down by the two posts to either side. You need to remove the plexi playfield, then the phone, then the two posts which are nutted underneath the playfield. It was a huge pain in the ass to do on mine.

I replaced the factory protector with a Cliffy, which is slightly thinner and doesn't stick out as much. My factory protector was warped because they over-tightened it at the factory so it was all bent. The cliffy doesn't impact the phone shot at all as far as I can tell, maybe the occasional bounce out, but a backflip from the right flipper goes in smooth.

#1047 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

nutted underneath the playfield

#1048 6 years ago

I wanted to post this up here for all of the Dialed In owners to show you what the Pin Stadium plug and play system for JJP's Dialed In looks like. It was like night and day, and the UV+Glow flasher made this already amazing game even better. Let me know what you think after checking out the video walkthrough.

Scott
Pin Stadium
www.pinstadium.com

jjp_dialied_in (resized).pngjjp_dialied_in (resized).png

#1049 6 years ago
Quoted from pinstadium:

It was like night and day

I'd just like to point out that the lighting on Dialed In is perfectly fine in a totally black room and you don't need to blow out your retinas with this thing. It's completely unnecessary. I think your side-by-side photo is photoshopped to make the game much darker than it is in real life.

#1050 6 years ago

1000% not needed. I play in light, low light, 0 lights and there is not one inch of 5he playfield you have any hard time seeing at all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 22.50
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,630 posts in this topic. You are on page 21 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/21?hl=vividpsychosis and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.