IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 273.
#10901 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

If the motors work can you shoot me the link. I have one drone that I have to spin the blade to get to work

Me too!

#10902 3 years ago

Me too please.

#10903 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

One or two of mine don't work 100% ... but if you spin the blade, it works for a while.
I purchased a bunch of replacement motors from Aliexpress a few months ago and they recently arrived. You have motivated me to replace them!

Nice man! Good luck to you. I spent $100 on replacements for all three a year ago and didn't feel I had enough pinball experience to install them. One year later I couldn't believe I'd worried about something so simple. Pinball makes a repair man out of you that's for sure.

#10904 3 years ago

Joined the club tonight! Now where do I start...ought to be a lot of fun learning this pin!

#10905 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I got them installed. They spin every time I hit the drone targets now. Added something I didn't realize I was missing for almost two years.

What code are you running?

#10906 3 years ago

Just joined the club a couple days ago. Anyone think the machine plays slow? I have the back legs all the way up.

#10907 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Just joined the club a couple days ago. Anyone think the machine plays slow? I have the back legs all the way up.

No. Mine is lightning fast

#10908 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Have you upped the power to the flippers?

#10909 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

It's no F14, but I think it plays just right for all the different shots.

I have mine set at second line on bubble. I wasn't able to make all shots originally with flippers set lower and jacked up in the back.

#10910 3 years ago

Mine is set with the bubble touching the second line from the top. I will adjust the flippers, thanks all!

#10911 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Mine is set with the bubble touching the second line from the top. I will adjust the flippers, thanks all!

That sounds pretty steep. I’m also at second line from bottom. It could be that you went too far and have slowed it down by making it too steep. Have you checked the pitch with a digital level?

#10912 3 years ago

Just got a used DI and discovered the Bluetooth dongle (JJP p/n: 15-000055-00) is missing (ugh!). Besides asking the long distance seller if he has it, doing some google snooping, it looks like it's a Rocketek RF-BT4. Antone know if there' anything special about this?

Thanks ahead of time if anyone replies.

#10913 3 years ago
Quoted from mbwalker:

Just got a used DI and discovered the Bluetooth dongle (JJP p/n: 15-000055-00) is missing (ugh!). Besides asking the long distance seller if he has it, doing some google snooping, it looks like it's a Rocketek RF-BT4. Antone know if there' anything special about this?
Thanks ahead of time if anyone replies.

I'm missing mine too. Don't think I've ever needed it.

#10914 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I'm missing mine too. Don't think I've ever needed it.

Might be worth getting one - Bluetooth connection to headphones and speakers is currently under beta test.

#10915 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

One or two of mine don't work 100% ... but if you spin the blade, it works for a while.
I purchased a bunch of replacement motors from Aliexpress a few months ago and they recently arrived. You have motivated me to replace them!

Quoted from Happy81724:

If the motors work can you shoot me the link. I have one drone that I have to spin the blade to get to work

Quoted from waldo34:

Me too please.

Haven't had time to try them yet, but I've set each of you a PM.

#10916 3 years ago

Can you share the link to me also please?

#10917 3 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

i made a stl file for 3d printer if someone want it, i have made for dialed in, is not exactly the same for Potc so i have 2 files[quoted image]

Thanks for creating this and sending the STL. It prints and fits perfectly.

IMG_20200802_152318 (resized).jpgIMG_20200802_152318 (resized).jpg
#10918 3 years ago

Liking the game, the increased flipper strength helped the speed. I am still steep and get SDTM almost every time from theater, left to right is 0.0 in front and back. Why would someone put a magnet in the middle of the playfield that drops the ball straight down? Even with updates to code this seems crazy.

If it pulled it around the loop to the right flipper every time I can see how it would be good. Just don't understand the drop.

#10919 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Tests, device tests, theater magnet.

Try this for the theater magnet. Adjust the settings to your liking.

#10920 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Try this for the theater magnet. Adjust the settings to your liking.

Much appreciated, will test it out. Still seems crazy, like Crazy Bob crazy.

#10921 3 years ago
Quoted from ViperJelly:

Much appreciated, will test it out. Still seems crazy, like Crazy Bob crazy.

It drops sometimes, holds and pulls through other times. Depends on what’s happening in the game.

Pull you glass, go into device settings and experiment with the theater magnet. I think I had to tweak mine to -110 before it consistently threw the ball up and around to the upper right flipper

#10922 3 years ago

Hello- trying to figure out best setting for the theatre so it doesn’t drop the ball STM. Any advice? Also, any advice on getting consistency from the phone scoop? Too low and it tends to stay in scoop, too high and has tendency to go STM too.
Also, during the EMP strike, the random
Magnets have a tendency to shoot the ball STM at times. I love the effect but can that be turned down a bit?
Thanks

#10923 3 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Hello- trying to figure out best setting for the theatre so it doesn’t drop the ball STM. Any advice? Also, any advice on getting consistency from the phone scoop? Too low and it tends to stay in scoop, too high and has tendency to go STM too.
Magnets have a tendency to shoot the ball STM at times. I love the effect but can that be turned down a bit?
Thanks

For me the magic adjustment was in pitch and side to side a slight adjustment made the STM go away or into the very acceptable range.

#10924 3 years ago
Quoted from wisemanbba:

Thanks

Had the exact same issue, was able to adjust the power and now it does not go SDTM. Cannot remember how much I moved it though.

#10925 3 years ago

Screen went white did a reboot now I got this ummm what do I unplug and replug.

15979796255283008982572785485248 (resized).jpg15979796255283008982572785485248 (resized).jpg
#10926 3 years ago
Quoted from nettek:

Thanks for creating this and sending the STL. It prints and fits perfectly.
[quoted image]

was a pleasure

#10927 3 years ago
Quoted from coz6:

Screen went white did a reboot now I got this ummm what do I unplug and replug.
[quoted image]

Well, to be honest...if a restart didn't work, I don't think unplugging the cord to the phone is going to do anything either.

It sounds like you might need to hook up a menu control board to the lcd screen. If you are still under warranty, I bet JJP would send you one. If not.... buy a replacement lcd screen directly from aliexpress, which comes with one. Its not a bad idea to buy a replacement lcd screen anyway in case yours fails (which is common) ->

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000497063840.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.721c562em7maWh&algo_pvid=b9d3bbb9-c9f5-4b46-9078-ca3536c93cff&algo_expid=b9d3bbb9-c9f5-4b46-9078-ca3536c93cff-21&btsid=0ab50f4915863867669754173ed8a4&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

I have connected a board up to mine (to fix a screen alignment issue), but I don't remember if there was a volume/mute setting or not. I would check for you...but its actually a big pain to hook up the menu control board so I can't do that for you.

#10928 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Well, to be honest...if a restart didn't work, I don't think unplugging the cord to the phone is going to do anything either.
It sounds like you might need to hook up a menu control board to the lcd screen. If you are still under warranty, I bet JJP would send you one. If not.... buy a replacement lcd screen directly from aliexpress, which comes with one. Its not a bad idea to buy a replacement lcd screen anyway in case yours fails (which is common) ->
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000497063840.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.721c562em7maWh&algo_pvid=b9d3bbb9-c9f5-4b46-9078-ca3536c93cff&algo_expid=b9d3bbb9-c9f5-4b46-9078-ca3536c93cff-21&btsid=0ab50f4915863867669754173ed8a4&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_
I have connected a board up to mine (to fix a screen alignment issue), but I don't remember if there was a volume/mute setting or not. I would check for you...but its actually a big pain to hook up the menu control board so I can't do that for you.

Ordered - Yeah I had the phone out of the clam yesterday, what a pain and I did not even hook anything up... nothing about that made me feel good. My hope was to see the volume button. Going to try a code reboot as well, while I wait.

#10929 3 years ago

Ok got a strange one here. I have read through all the posts about the trap door issues and found none mentioning what is happening with mine. When I start a game the trap door works great, opens/closes when it should, but after a few minutes of play if I get "lock is lit" the trap door doesn't open for me to lock a ball and I'm forced to make the real hard side ramp shot to physically lock the ball in the station then Betty's arm comes up so you can make the ramp shot. But here's the kicker if I get a BOB mode ready the trap door opens and if I make the shot I get the BOB mode but it doesn't register the Ball 1 locked and Betty's arm stays down. Like I said at the beginning of the game this works normally, like when "lock is lit" and the trapdoor is open for me to lock the ball and it registers, but later on in the game it doesn't open. If you start a new game the same thing happens works as normal at first then does the same thing later in the game. I've noticed this recently and am really perplexed over what is happening. Does anyone has any ideas what this could be?
Thanks for listening to me

#10930 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Ok got a strange one here. I have read through all the posts about the trap door issues and found none mentioning what is happening with mine. When I start a game the trap door works great, opens/closes when it should, but after a few minutes of play if I get "lock is lit" the trap door doesn't open for me to lock a ball and I'm forced to make the real hard side ramp shot to physically lock the ball in the station then Betty's arm comes up so you can make the ramp shot. But here's the kicker if I get a BOB mode ready the trap door opens and if I make the shot I get the BOB mode but it doesn't register the Ball 1 locked and Betty's arm stays down. Like I said at the beginning of the game this works normally, like when "lock is lit" and the trapdoor is open for me to lock the ball and it registers, but later on in the game it doesn't open. If you start a new game the same thing happens works as normal at first then does the same thing later in the game. I've noticed this recently and am really perplexed over what is happening. Does anyone has any ideas what this could be?
Thanks for listening to me

That’s normal you can only lock a ball in the trap door for the first multiball, not other ones after that. For other ones, you have to make the side ramp shot.

#10931 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

That’s normal you can only lock a ball in the trap door for the first multiball, not other ones after that. For other ones, you have to make the side ramp shot.

Thanks, looks like I need to read the rules more

#10932 3 years ago

New to the Dialed In! Club and loving the game! Just picked up some mods from Mezel and having an issue with the Pop Bumper Building, the cable is way too short! It’s about 18 inches long, but as far as I can tell, in order to reach the pop bumper board it needs to be at least another foot. I’ve got an email in to Mezel but wondering if anybody else had this issue? I could do some rewiring myself but I really shouldn’t have to for what this cost...

48028BC3-8F75-4F97-B024-81F02232C726 (resized).jpeg48028BC3-8F75-4F97-B024-81F02232C726 (resized).jpeg

#10933 3 years ago
Quoted from SketchyMcDuff:

New to the Dialed In! Club and loving the game! Just picked up some mods from Mezel and having an issue with the Pop Bumper Building, the cable is way too short! It’s about 18 inches long, but as far as I can tell, in order to reach the pop bumper board it needs to be at least another foot. I’ve got an email in to Mezel but wondering if anybody else had this issue? I could do some rewiring myself but I really shouldn’t have to for what this cost...
[quoted image]

sure that you can pass through a hole, not by the back

#10934 3 years ago

Got an email back from Mezel, apparently it was an assembly error and they are sending me an extension, hopefully there weren't a bunch that went out this way!

#10935 3 years ago

Just received my DI LE today . I gotta day my JJP experience has sucked thus far . My LCD is crooked and I can’t seem to figure out how to correct it. The lock for the back glass was broken and I had to remove the speaker panel to get to it . Also the speaker/audio is giving me a ton of static . Is this normal ? Has anyone encountered these issues ? Kinda bummed so far .

#10936 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Just received my DI LE today . I gotta day my JJP experience has sucked thus far . My LCD is crooked and I can’t seem to figure out how to correct it. The lock for the back glass was broken and I had to remove the speaker panel to get to it . Also the speaker/audio is giving me a ton of static . Is this normal ? Has anyone encountered these issues ? Kinda bummed so far .

Some speaker noise and/or fan noise is common on DI. My monitor was crooked too. The main 27” monitor is mounted on a large arm behind the backglass. You access by unlocking and removing the glass, then lift the two metal brackets on either side of the monitor to release it. Pay attention to how it was latched, as you have to lift those brackets again to re-mount the monitor. Once free, the monitor will pull away from the backbox freely on the flexible arm. Look behind the monitor at the 4 bolts holding the monitor to the arm. If you loosen them, you can raise or lower the monitor, and reposition it. Hold the monitor in place and retighten the bolts. Push the monitor back in place, re-latch the 2 brackets and it should be level. Mine was way too low, I had to raise it up.

This worked for me. If your problem is similar. Don’t be bummed, even JJP have issues out of the box. It’s an amazing game!

#10937 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

What’s the build date of your game? The back glass lock was a common problem, not sure how a game makes it out if the factory like that. It’s an easy fix, But super frustrating. Thought I had the wrong keys.

#10938 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

For the static, you just need a ground loop isolator. Works like a charm. Here is a link to the discussion.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-le-auido-noise

Welcome to the club!

#10939 3 years ago

Thanks for the info guys ! Appreciate it and nice to hear you are familiar with my issues . My game was made in June 2018 . I’ve read about the audio issue on here a bit . Could the ground loop be a fix for my issue ?

#10940 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

Thanks for the info guys ! Appreciate it and nice to hear you are familiar with my issues . My game was made in June 2018 . I’ve read about the audio issue on here a bit . Could the ground loop be a fix for my issue ?

See my response above. It fixed mine. I ordered mine from Amazon.

#10941 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

See my response above. It fixed mine. I ordered mine from Amazon.

Thanks !

#10942 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Some speaker noise and/or fan noise is common on DI. My monitor was crooked too. The main 27” monitor is mounted on a large arm behind the backglass. You access by unlocking and removing the glass, then lift the two metal brackets on either side of the monitor to release it. Pay attention to how it was latched, as you have to lift those brackets again to re-mount the monitor. Once free, the monitor will pull away from the backbox freely on the flexible arm. Look behind the monitor at the 4 bolts holding the monitor to the arm. If you loosen them, you can raise or lower the monitor, and reposition it. Hold the monitor in place and retighten the bolts. Push the monitor back in place, re-latch the 2 brackets and it should be level. Mine was way too low, I had to raise it up.
This worked for me. If your problem is similar. Don’t be bummed, even JJP have issues out of the box. It’s an amazing game!

It almost seems like the arm is bent . No matter how I adjust it , it’s leaning right

#10943 3 years ago
Quoted from EMpins16:

It almost seems like the arm is bent . No matter how I adjust it , it’s leaning right

That could be a problem if the arm is indeed bent. You could speak to JJP customer service about it, and maybe they could even replace the arm? Worth a shot. Or perhaps someone else here has corrected this same problem. My monitor was an inch or so too low. I was able to raise it, but it also has a very slight tilt.

#10944 3 years ago

I really love my Dialed In, but there is one thing that is bugging me so much : ball stuck behind the moving guy. It happens 2-3 times per game, and I have to wait for a ball search..
Did anyone face the same issue and find a trick ?

#10945 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

I really love my Dialed In, but there is one thing that is bugging me so much : ball stuck behind the moving guy. It happens 2-3 times per game, and I have to wait for a ball search..

I didn't have the machine long enough to get around to making it, but I always planned to 3D print a curved piece that would connect to the guy by his feet and hopefully guide the ball away from getting stuck there.

#10946 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I didn't have the machine long enough to get around to making it, but I always planned to 3D print a curved piece that would connect to the guy by his feet and hopefully guide the ball away from getting stuck there.

I believe someone sells this, but probably for far too much.

I might just twist a rubber band a few times to keep things moving for now. I'd guess searching your home improvement store could yield a cheap fix. Maybe a clear piece for blinds or something?

#10947 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Leveled up the upper right leg, It happens less. The playfield protector is also one of the reason

#10948 3 years ago
Quoted from poup:

Leveled up the upper right leg, It happens less. The playfield protector is also one of the reason

Make sure the phone charge target is straight too. Usually the ball will slowly start moving it to the left, creating a bigger "trap" for the ball.

#10949 3 years ago

Who else has this rare station 3 prototype? Show pics.

E1EA0EE9-0CF2-404C-8499-4463D7A0CAB3 (resized).jpegE1EA0EE9-0CF2-404C-8499-4463D7A0CAB3 (resized).jpeg
#10950 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Who else has this rare station 3 prototype? Show pics.
[quoted image]

I have the Einstein theater.

Just kidding

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 22.50
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 219 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/219?hl=nettek and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.