IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 273.
#10851 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok i give up on theater magnet tried several settings including negative and positive . Nearly every time it’s active it just holds the ball then drops it down the middle . Maybe magnet needs to be replaced ? Defective ? Anyone replace theirs ? Thanks !

Have you tried raising the right leg a smidge? I believe I've heard that somewhere in this thread.

#10852 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Have you tried raising the right leg a smidge? I believe I've heard that somewhere in this thread.

Ill try that, ugh, time to get under the machine again with my crowbar.

#10853 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ok i give up on theater magnet tried several settings including negative and positive . Nearly every time it’s active it just holds the ball then drops it down the middle . Maybe magnet needs to be replaced ? Defective ? Anyone replace theirs ? Thanks !

I don't think replacing the magnet will do anything. What version code are you running? Have you tried new balls? Is the mylar removed from the magnet? The opto switch works properly in switch test? Sorry if you've addressed these questions already.

#10854 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I don't think replacing the magnet will do anything. What version code are you running? Have you tried new balls? Is the mylar removed from the magnet? The opto switch works properly in switch test? Sorry if you've addressed these questions already.

Yes new balls , removed Mylar I think all tests work fine . Newest version . Thanks for ur help

#10855 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes new balls , removed Mylar I think all tests work fine . Newest version . Thanks for ur help

I know for my particular game, I think my maget adjustment value is something like -120 (negative 120) I understand that different games will have different values. What values have you tried?

also, if you're not sure, I would confirm that the opto registers accurately.

#10856 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

There's another setting that changes the behavior of the theater magnet catch behavior. Under game settings

#10857 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I know for my particular game, I think my maget adjustment value is something like -120 (negative 120) I understand that different games will have different values. What values have you tried?
also, if you're not sure, I would confirm that the opto registers accurately.

Ive tried + 20 , -120, -80, -90, -50 and -20. Only one time it shot up to the bumpers, rest of the time held it then let it go straight down the middle

#10858 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ive tried + 20 , -120, -80, -90, -50 and -20. Only one time it shot up to the bumpers, rest of the time held it then let it go straight down the middle

Which time did it shoot it up?

#10859 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Which time did it shoot it up?

Man.. I dont remember, only once, I think it was after I got the mystery box. and I think it was near -50 at that time.

#10861 3 years ago

Is the theater magnet only supposed to hold the ball, then toss it up to pops? Or is it supposed to hold the ball, then release it back to the flippers?

#10862 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Is the theater magnet only supposed to hold the ball, then toss it up to pops? Or is it supposed to hold the ball, then release it back to the flippers?

I could have swore when I first got the machine , it was brand new direct from JJP when they first made them, it only went up to popbumpers.. the entire time, Im pretty sure.

#10863 3 years ago

Sometimes it should hold and fling, at other times - during EMP strike is one example, it should hold and then drop.

#10864 3 years ago

Depending on the situation, it will hold and drop or hold and toss.

For example, if you have the train bash, it will hold and drop, but the QED guy will move in the way to divert the ball from draining SDTM. If you have a mystery award, it should hold and toss around to the upper flipper.

@oneangrymo, you will have to keep playing around with the magnet settings. I would start with -50 where you think it might have been set at, and continue going further into the negatives -60, -70 etc, each time rolling a ball into the theater, until you get the tossing behavior, you might have to go deep into the the negative -150, -160 etc.

#10865 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Depending on the situation, it will hold and drop or hold and toss.
For example, if you have the train bash, it will hold and drop, but the QED guy will move in the way to divert the ball from draining SDTM. If you have a mystery award, it should hold and toss around to the upper flipper.
oneangrymo, you will have to keep playing around with the magnet settings. I would start with -50 where you think it might have been set at, and continue going further into the negatives -60, -70 etc, each time rolling a ball into the theater, until you get the tossing behavior, you might have to go deep into the the negative -150, -160 etc.

Is there a test setting that allows me to test the hold and fling?

#10866 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

yeah, it's buried in the menu somewhere. LTG or KingPinGames might know off-hand, or I could dig around my machine when I get home later today.

#10867 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Not sure if there is off hand. If there is, it would be in devices.

LTG : )

#10868 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Not sure if there is off hand. If there is, it would be in devices.

Yup. Tests, device tests, theater magnet.

I was having the same problem with STDM throws but this let's you pick any setting and test it. I put mine to -100 and all the ball throws went up and out.

#10869 3 years ago

When working, in most situations it will fling the ball back setting a shot for the lock ramp. Really cool when working and when your game doesn’t do this it’s rubbish. Mine DID NOT work the same in test as game. It took a really long time to get it right - weeks.
I had to start at a number someone else was using, try -90 as above. Play several games, if it’s not working (probably won’t) move it say 5 either way, play several games. Repeat, Keep moving in the same direction. You will work out if you are getting closer or further away from the magic fling back. Write down your results. If you moved the wrong way, repeat in reverse. It’s frustrating but worth the time. The game doesn’t function properly if this isn’t working. This process didn’t work in test for me. Don’t know why. If your game isn’t flinging back properly you are missing a great feature but more importantly the flow is lost.

#10870 3 years ago

Probably a known question, but I’m a little late to the party. Has the latest code basically disabled the propellers on the drones?

#10871 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Probably a known question, but I’m a little late to the party. Has the latest code basically disabled the propellers on the drones?

Yup. SUPER minimal and almost impossible to notice.

Thought mine were busted but they all were firing strong in test mode.

On the plus side your motors will probably never burn out!

#10872 3 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Has the latest code basically disabled the propellers on the drones?

No, but they are rarely used now.

You can always go into tests and spin them.

#10873 3 years ago
Quoted from BillySastard:

Yup. Tests, device tests, theater magnet.
I was having the same problem with STDM throws but this let's you pick any setting and test it. I put mine to -100 and all the ball throws went up and out.

Thanks for this. Mine ended up getting adjusted to -110. Works great.

#10874 3 years ago

can someone please post a photo of what that plastic piece is supposed to look like behind the phone? The fly ball protector? I took it off and can't seem to remember how it looked when it was originally on
Thanks

#10875 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

can someone please post a photo of what that plastic piece is supposed to look like behind the phone? The fly ball protector? I took it off and can't seem to remember how it looked when it was originally on
Thanks

I did that once. Hope these help.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#10876 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I did that once. Hope these help.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks man

#10877 3 years ago

So if u complete one mode lit sim chip but don’t get it while ur trying complete another mode u still only get one sim ?

#10878 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

So if u complete one mode lit sim chip but don’t get it while ur trying complete another mode u still only get one sim ?

SIMs don’t carry over from ball to ball if you fail to collect (though you can change that in settings). And you can only collect one at a time. So, if you’ve completed three modes but haven’t collected any SIM cards yet, you will need to hit that scoop three separate times to collect all three.

#10879 3 years ago

I’ve never really played a game that hurts my arms and hands because I just keep playing it over and over and over . Dialed in definitely has it going on

#10880 3 years ago

I’ve just got mine but I find the bass is lacking, no real punch. Looking in the cab I noticed it has a crappy looking 8” 8 ohm speaker.
All the other JJP pins seems to have a beefier 4 ohm sub, just checked spares.
Anyone swopped theirs out? What did you use and did you stick to 8 ohm?
I don’t want to add an external sub. Other pins I have with pinsound and speakers sound pretty decent.

#10881 3 years ago

Hi,

not sure if it was already adressed, but ball sometimes stucks under the BOB trap. It enters well on floaty shot, but then doesn't move under the playfield to the phone scoop. I have to raise the playfield and give a good shake for the ball to go down.
Otherwise plays perfectly.. any tricks, tweaks to recommend ?

#10882 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Hi,
not sure if it was already adressed, but ball sometimes stucks under the BOB trap. It enters well on floaty shot, but then doesn't move under the playfield to the phone scoop. I have to raise the playfield and give a good shake for the ball to go down.
Otherwise plays perfectly.. any tricks, tweaks to recommend ?

I had the same issue, raising the right back leg some helped I think

#10883 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I had the same issue, raising the right back leg some helped I think

ok, but as the whole pinball is flowing at its best, I fear to kill the whole equilibrium found
I'm questioning about a small piece of mylar or like that to cover the junction of the ramp..anyone tried ?

#10884 3 years ago

Who is going to wear their DI jacket this fall ? I was thinking about leaving the baby and wife at home, throw it on, cruise around town and try to pick up some chicks.

#10885 3 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

not sure if it was already adressed, but ball sometimes stucks under the BOB trap

I had the same thing happen and the info here completely solved my problems:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/105#post-4565687

#10886 3 years ago
Quoted from t500:

I had the same thing happen and the info here completely solved my problems:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/105#post-4565687

Seems exactly what I'm looking for!
Thanks

#10887 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Who is going to wear their DI jacket this fall ? I was thinking about leaving the baby and wife at home, throw it on, cruise around town and try to pick up some chicks.

I'm there. We should all wear our DI jackets, and if those Wonka punks try to start some $#!*, we will throw down, like West Side Story.

#10888 3 years ago

Having a problem with video on the main monitor. I get horizontal static in the video - tough to capture in a picture, but you can see the lines at the top. I checked the connection from the pc to the monitor, and both seem tight. Any thoughts on what might cause this? Bad cable? If so, is there a replacement? Thanks in advance!

dialedin (resized).jpgdialedin (resized).jpg
#10889 3 years ago
Quoted from demaximis:

Having a problem with video on the main monitor. I get horizontal static in the video - tough to capture in a picture, but you can see the lines at the top. I checked the connection from the pc to the monitor, and both seem tight. Any thoughts on what might cause this? Bad cable? If so, is there a replacement? Thanks in advance!
[quoted image]

Try reseating the cable first. Make sure it isn’t bent or pinched at a connector.

#10890 3 years ago

My keys don’t work for the back box which is really weird anyone else have this problem ? I never tried to access back box before but I want to add an led strip to it

#10891 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

My keys don’t work for the back box which is really weird anyone else have this problem ? I never tried to access back box before but I want to add an led strip to it

Check the set of keys that should be inside the coin door, hanging on a loop. Those are the keys for the backbox.

#10892 3 years ago
Quoted from demaximis:

Check the set of keys that should be inside the coin door, hanging on a loop. Those are the keys for the backbox.

LOL

#10893 3 years ago

Yes I know that, those keys dont work. Weird.

#10894 3 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/184#post-5226238

#10895 3 years ago

I've been sitting on my drone replacements for a year, about to tackle it today. Anything I should be aware of before going in?

It's still odd that two of them work a single time after a power reboot and then never work again.

#10896 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I've been sitting on my drone replacements for a year, about to tackle it today. Anything I should be aware of before going in?
It's still odd that two of them work a single time after a power reboot and then never work again.

Not sure I'd spend the time since the code rarely (if ever) spins them. I'd hold onto them and play some games with that time instead.

#10897 3 years ago

I got them installed. They spin every time I hit the drone targets now. Added something I didn't realize I was missing for almost two years.

#10898 3 years ago

I got them installed. They spin every time I hit the drone targets now. Added something I didn't realize I was missing for almost two years.

That’s awesome! Thanks for sharing

#10899 3 years ago

One or two of mine don't work 100% ... but if you spin the blade, it works for a while.

I purchased a bunch of replacement motors from Aliexpress a few months ago and they recently arrived. You have motivated me to replace them!

#10900 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

One or two of mine don't work 100% ... but if you spin the blade, it works for a while.
I purchased a bunch of replacement motors from Aliexpress a few months ago and they recently arrived. You have motivated me to replace them!

If the motors work can you shoot me the link. I have one drone that I have to spin the blade to get to work

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 22.50
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 218 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/218?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.