IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 273.
#10751 3 years ago

Ok, so does anyone else have issues with the right back corner wire cluster? I'm fairly certain that's my playfield issue. I've removed the enormous black cover, and it helped, but still wouldn't close/set. I've placed a smaller grey tube around a few of the wires, as seen in the pic.

Is this a common issue? I'm feeling pretty special right now. Like I just won a lottery ticket...

0707201416 (resized).jpg0707201416 (resized).jpg
#10752 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Ok, so does anyone else have issues with the right back corner wire cluster? I'm fairly certain that's my playfield issue. I've removed the enormous black cover, and it helped, but still wouldn't close/set. I've placed a smaller grey tube around a few of the wires, as seen in the pic.
Is this a common issue? I'm feeling pretty special right now. Like I just won a lottery ticket...[quoted image]

Yep happened to me. Mine was hanging up on the black box in the bottom right of cabinet directly under the wires

#10753 3 years ago

Problem solved thanks to Fiberdude!

Service rails attached to playfield were bent. Easy fix, up and running.

#10754 3 years ago

Hi guys, fairly new owner of Dialed In LE here. I was wondering what your shaker motors are like. I have 3 other machines with shakers and they shake the machine normally but my Dialed in doesn't really shake it rattles if you know what I mean. When I first got it the cams were set to a maximum shake and it felt like the whole machine was rattling more than shaking, so I adjusted the cams to the minimal shake and now it does shake a little but really rattles more. I'm just wondering if this is what JJP shakers are like. I have checked and tightened all screws on the shaker in the cabinet. I don't know what else to do. Thanks guys

#10755 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Hi guys, fairly new owner of Dialed In LE here. I was wondering what your shaker motors are like. I have 3 other machines with shakers and they shake the machine normally but my Dialed in doesn't really shake it rattles if you know what I mean. When I first got it the cams were set to a maximum shake and it felt like the whole machine was rattling more than shaking, so I adjusted the cams to the minimal shake and now it does shake a little but really rattles more. I'm just wondering if this is what JJP shakers are like. I have checked and tightened all screws on the shaker in the cabinet. I don't know what else to do. Thanks guys

From my experience with other machines, figure out where the rattling is coming from. Press on the playfield glass at all the edges to see if that stops it. Same with the backglass. Also hold other mechs in the game while testing the shaker to see if one of them is the source. Once the source is located, you can properly deal with it. For example, add anti rattle tape to the edge of the glass that rattles, or just a small strip of duct tape, etc.

#10756 3 years ago

I sold my DI quite a while ago. I found some parts that I obviously don’t need.
Cliffys, a new phone with bracket, and a screen/board (untested)
They’ll be on eBay Sunday at 5 Central Time.

Starting bid is 99 cents + shipping
My username is KCTOYS. You can do an advanced search and specify my name in the Seller field (near the bottom)
or search using the info in the first photo.

ECF5DA80-1822-479D-B088-7768926DC793 (resized).jpegECF5DA80-1822-479D-B088-7768926DC793 (resized).jpegA07D5166-73E8-43A1-A224-5B6017645797 (resized).jpegA07D5166-73E8-43A1-A224-5B6017645797 (resized).jpeg70367FB1-E18F-404C-9121-4493E9E70BA4 (resized).jpeg70367FB1-E18F-404C-9121-4493E9E70BA4 (resized).jpegCB6A89E5-75A9-41D0-92C0-F671A6300275 (resized).jpegCB6A89E5-75A9-41D0-92C0-F671A6300275 (resized).jpegB3EC30A9-DCE2-4C2F-B797-F2FDCED99D45 (resized).jpegB3EC30A9-DCE2-4C2F-B797-F2FDCED99D45 (resized).jpeg5DA541BB-D129-4EFE-9A7A-73A54F16BD15 (resized).jpeg5DA541BB-D129-4EFE-9A7A-73A54F16BD15 (resized).jpeg1D0D96A9-5D80-4A65-B5C1-0FB3A8DA4EF7 (resized).jpeg1D0D96A9-5D80-4A65-B5C1-0FB3A8DA4EF7 (resized).jpeg
#10757 3 years ago
Quoted from maur:

Guys proceed carefully. You have no idea how crazy and complicated things get on DI. It is not like any other game when it comes to changing the battery.
I don't know if all JJP games are like this. If they are, then I would suggest someone think about changing the location of the battery.
Maurizio

Thanks for the heads up. I never thought to change my battery. Looking at the manual, this looks like a real chore. Not looking forward to doing it but I will get around to it.

#10758 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

I sold my DI quite a while ago. I found some parts that I obviously don’t need.
Cliffys, a new phone with bracket, and a screen/board (untested)
They’ll be on eBay Sunday at 5 Central Time.
Starting bid is 99 cents + shipping
My username is KCTOYS. You can do an advanced search and specify my name in the Seller field (near the bottom)
or search using the info in the first photo.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

$16.99 For all three

#10759 3 years ago
Quoted from Green-Machine:

$16.99 For all three

Was that just the world's shortest auction?

#10760 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I hope!

#10761 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

$16.99 For all three.

These don’t come up often - so I had trouble putting a current value on the parts.
That’s why I am putting on eBay and starting at 99 cents to attract attention
Had a $50 offer for all three things, pretty sure the phone is worth more than that by itself.

Somewhat off topic - I’ve been selling a load of NOS WPC stuff I bought from a guy that was big into pinball and then just stopped in 2000. His garage was like a time capsule. Check out at my completed auctions.
Auction starts Sunday - I’ll share a link then.
Should be interesting to see what happens.

#10762 3 years ago
Quoted from MadMaxDad:

These don’t come up often - so I had trouble putting a current value on the parts.
That’s why I am putting on eBay and starting at 99 cents to attract attention
Had a $50 offer for all three things, pretty sure the phone is worth more than that by itself.
Somewhat off topic - I’ve been selling a load of NOS WPC stuff I bought from a guy that was big into pinball and then just stopped in 2000. His garage was like a time capsule. Check out at my completed auctions.
Auction starts Sunday - I’ll share a link then.
Should be interesting to see what happens.

Could use that phone, mine has a missing led.

#10763 3 years ago

So the other day is the first time (and maybe last lol) that I stacked normal multiball with a Bob's multiball WITH theater multiball. I didn't know those all stacked, but was glad they did!

#10764 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

So the other day is the first time (and maybe last lol) that I stacked normal multiball with a Bob's multiball WITH theater multiball. I didn't know those all stacked, but was glad they did!

That sounds like some magic. Awesome.

#10765 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Also make sure to start a mode before you start the main multiball for big points Ideally something like Eruption or Meteor. Once you qualified the main multiball, the phone will start calling you with the frame lit up orange. Right before that happens, quickly press both flipper buttons at the same time to cancel multiball start. Then the phone is available for mode start again. Right after you start a mode, multiball will be available again.

#10766 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

From my experience with other machines, figure out where the rattling is coming from. Press on the playfield glass at all the edges to see if that stops it. Same with the backglass. Also hold other mechs in the game while testing the shaker to see if one of them is the source. Once the source is located, you can properly deal with it. For example, add anti rattle tape to the edge of the glass that rattles, or just a small strip of duct tape, etc.

It seems the rattling is coming from the shaker itself, I checked the glass and everything else. Here's a short video, it's my girlfriend playing, so please no comments of her play she tries. but she only managed to get the shaker to go off once and you can hear the rattling I'm talking about.

Thanks,

#10767 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

It seems the rattling is coming from the shaker itself, I checked the glass and everything else. Here's a short video, it's my girlfriend playing, so please no comments of her play she tries. but she only managed to get the shaker to go off once and you can hear the rattling I'm talking about.

Thanks,

Could the motor be hitting the plastic housing? Does it make that sound with the housing off? Be very careful if you try this. Don’t get your hands or wires near it.

#10768 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Could the motor be hitting the plastic housing? Does it make that sound with the housing off? Be very careful if you try this. Don’t get your hands or wires near it.

Update:
I took off the plastic housing and it was still making the rattling sound. So I completely removed the shaker motor and checked all nuts and screws for tightness, when I was going to put it back in I noticed that it wasn't sitting flat on the floor of the cabinet. Great I thought either the bottom of the housing is warped or the cabinet base is. So I tried in a different place and no wobble, Looking closer I saw that the housing was sitting on a grounding braid, hmmm, I had to loosen the nuts for the sub-woofer to pull the wood up so I could pull the staple out that was underneath the wood, pulled another staple out so I could move the grounding strap away from the blot pattern for the shaker motor. Re-installed the shaker motor and kept the grounding strap away from the base of it. Turned machine back on and went in to test mode and tried to test the shaker and nothing wtf! Checked the manual and saw that I'd blown a fuse while trying to tighten the nuts prior to removing it. Dang, changed the fuse (while machine was off) Started machine went back in to test mode and tested shaker, eureka! Now the shaker shakes and no more rattle! Just thought I'd post my fix here for anyone else that may have this issue. I can only assume that it came from the factory like this because it's an LE and already had the shaker installed and the previous 2 owners didn't notice it or didn't know how it was supposed to be. Anyway all fixed now and back to playing. Thanks to you guys who offered help.

#10769 3 years ago
Quoted from Red_Devils:

Update:
I took off the plastic housing and it was still making the rattling sound. So I completely removed the shaker motor and checked all nuts and screws for tightness, when I was going to put it back in I noticed that it wasn't sitting flat on the floor of the cabinet. Great I thought either the bottom of the housing is warped or the cabinet base is. So I tried in a different place and no wobble, Looking closer I saw that the housing was sitting on a grounding braid, hmmm, I had to loosen the nuts for the sub-woofer to pull the wood up so I could pull the staple out that was underneath the wood, pulled another staple out so I could move the grounding strap away from the blot pattern for the shaker motor. Re-installed the shaker motor and kept the grounding strap away from the base of it. Turned machine back on and went in to test mode and tried to test the shaker and nothing wtf! Checked the manual and saw that I'd blown a fuse while trying to tighten the nuts prior to removing it. Dang, changed the fuse (while machine was off) Started machine went back in to test mode and tested shaker, eureka! Now the shaker shakes and no more rattle! Just thought I'd post my fix here for anyone else that may have this issue. I can only assume that it came from the factory like this because it's an LE and already had the shaker installed and the previous 2 owners didn't notice it or didn't know how it was supposed to be. Anyway all fixed now and back to playing. Thanks to you guys who offered help.

Well, I’m glad I contributed in my small way.

#10770 3 years ago

Hello everyone, I decided on buying a Dialed In LE pinball machine. I hope that I can get the funds together by next week so that I can place my order and join in on the fun.

I suggested to JJP that the built in bluetooth capabilities of the machines may make it possible to hold virtual online tournaments. It would be great to have a monthly or quarterly tourney to give players a fun venue. Who knows maybe they could even get sponsors of the tournaments so that top tier winners of the tourneys could receive prizes for their effort. It's just an idea but it would be very cool imo.

#10771 3 years ago
Quoted from STxPinball:

Hello everyone, I decided on buying a Dialed In LE pinball machine. I hope that I can get the funds together by next week so that I can place my order and join in on the fun.
I suggested to JJP that the built in bluetooth capabilities of the machines may make it possible to hold virtual online tournaments. It would be great to have a monthly or quarterly tourney to give players a fun venue. Who knows maybe they could even get sponsors of the tournaments so that top tier winners of the tourneys could receive prizes for their effort. It's just an idea but it would be very cool imo.

They are already beta testing Wifi and ethernet internet connectivity for software updates and they also have future plans for that connectivity.

#10772 3 years ago

Thanks...that will be awesome.

#10773 3 years ago

I have been reading about different setup issues with mention of adjustments and tweaks that are occasionally needed to dial in the machine. (I know, old pun). I also read about clearcoat issues on some JJP and Stern machines. I noticed that the comments and issues are not recent. So I am wondering if new owners have had any issues that required fixing and wonder about the number of people that have had issues with the clearcoat peeling or chipping. Thanks in advance for any comments or replies.

#10774 3 years ago
Quoted from STxPinball:

I have been reading about different setup issues with mention of adjustments and tweaks that are occasionally needed to dial in the machine. (I know, old pun). I also read about clearcoat issues on some JJP and Stern machines. I noticed that the comments and issues are not recent. So I am wondering if new owners have had any issues that required fixing and wonder about the number of people that have had issues with the clearcoat peeling or chipping. Thanks in advance for any comments or replies.

Pooling: I don't believe this was ever an issue on dialed in (couldn't find any specific reference to it when I did a quick search). With JJP machines it seemed to be first on pirates.

Chipping : seems uncommon but there are a couple of posts about it. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club?tq=chipping&tu=

#10775 3 years ago

I believe the SIM card hole has been known to chip unless you have a cliffy protector on it. They started putting them on from the factory in later production runs.

#10776 3 years ago

I haven't gotten a response from JJP support about my door flap in just over 2 weeks now, after I responded to the question about length of ownership. Still playing the game obviously...but the lack of response is underwhelming.

#10777 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I believe the SIM card hole has been known to chip unless you have a cliffy protector on it. They started putting them on from the factory in later production runs.

There was a small chip in my game around the SIM card when I bought it second-hand. I put mylar around the area and it's been fine since. Doesn't bother me since you can't see it unless you look for it, but IME, just mylar around the scoop is sufficient.

#10778 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I haven't gotten a response from JJP support about my door flap in just over 2 weeks now, after I responded to the question about length of ownership. Still playing the game obviously...but the lack of response is underwhelming.

That's surprising, I'm a "second" owner and have had pretty good response. Of course that was before the move and Covid, so there's that.

#10779 3 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

That's surprising, I'm a "second" owner and have had pretty good response. Of course that was before the move and Covid, so there's that.

I'm not sure if COVID has anything to do with it or not. Is tech support working part time? Not at all? Are they getting bombarded with tons of emails that they have to prioritize? Who knows.

I don't care as much, since the game is largely unaffected, play-wise. But I would definitely be chomping at the bit if it was something that was more critical. Let's just hope that nothing major happens.

#10780 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Call them. That often works best.

#10781 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Call them. That often works best.

Call Barry or Steve.

LTG : )

#10782 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Call Barry or Steve.
LTG : )

Steve was the one that initially responded to my first email but he's been quiet since. I will give him a call to see if he has any updates.

#10783 3 years ago

Just taken my machine off site and noticed this wear (from the upper flipper to the SIM card). Anyone else got this? Time for some Mylar I guess...

7DF0926B-D377-432B-ACEF-DF43A3CD5D82 (resized).jpeg7DF0926B-D377-432B-ACEF-DF43A3CD5D82 (resized).jpeg
#10784 3 years ago

Is the Theater LCD screen an off the shelf part or would I need to get one from JJP? Mine is faulty (has a blue tinge).

#10785 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Just taken my machine off site and noticed this wear (from the upper flipper to the SIM card). Anyone else got this? Time for some Mylar I guess...[quoted image]

What wear?

Not talking about the white "whoosh" art highlights are you?

#10786 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

What wear?
Not talking about the white "whoosh" art highlights are you?

Yes! Part of the art then? Ok I guess makes sense as it represents the ball travelling that way at speed. It looked like wear to me the way the words (like watch) faded. Glad to hear it’s part of the look.

#10787 3 years ago
Quoted from dluth:

Yes! Part of the art then? Ok I guess makes sense as it represents the ball travelling that way at speed. It looked like wear to me the way the words (like watch) faded. Glad to hear it’s part of the look.

its the art. I went and looked at mine, it's not wear

#10788 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

its the art. I went and looked at mine, it's not wear

Phew! I need to turn up the lights in my garage!

#10789 3 years ago

Curious of gameplay improvement by removing cell phone etc protectors .
Does it improve gameplay?
New owner of DILE?

#10790 3 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Curious of gameplay improvement by removing cell phone etc protectors .
Does it improve gameplay?
New owner of DILE?

Initially I found they made it harder to get in the scoops - now after they’ve settled into their role, the ball seems to find it’s way into the scoops pretty easily.

#10791 3 years ago

So I only just realised that my switches 46 (left ramp made after divertor) and switch 62 (left ramp made after divertor) are swapped around. I had noticed that the divertor had been down in some modes and also I hadn’t been getting credit for monkey wrench multiball (getting past the divertor).
Only had the game 2 years!

#10792 3 years ago

I always wonder if switch 46 (after the betty diverter) does anything in regular game play? It the only switch that does not trigger a flash in the Bob mode selfie time. In test mode it works...

#10793 3 years ago

This game is such a masterpiece. This is my second DILE and I won’t let this one get away. So much better with the code update from late 2018. I sold mine just before that code was released. So many modes with Bob’s and Quantum Theater and Drones adding multiballs and other modes, in addition to like 11 disaster modes? Collecting 7 SIM cards may be like Valinor for me. I’ve collected 4, tops. Gorgeous game. The shots and flow are superior. Great combos. Still my fav JJP game by far.

#10794 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

This game is such a masterpiece. This is my second DILE and I won’t let this one get away. So much better with the code update from late 2018. I sold mine just before that code was released. So many modes with Bob’s and Quantum Theater and Drones adding multiballs and other modes, in addition to like 11 disaster modes? Collecting 7 SIM cards may be like Valinor for me. I’ve collected 4, tops. Gorgeous game. The shots and flow are superior. Great combos. Still my fav JJP game by far.

Finally collected all the 7 sims and reached Armageddon for the first time earlier tonight..... can’t remember the name of the mode I reached just before Armageddon as it all happened so fast but it was biggy as well. Total absolute fun blast, my head & fingers are still spinning. Also managed to best my high score which I thought I’d never beat Time for a celebratory beer on top of the previous beers..... Yay

#10795 3 years ago
Quoted from JamieK:

Finally collected all the 7 sims and reached Armageddon for the first time earlier tonight..... can’t remember the name of the mode I reached just before Armageddon as it all happened so fast but it was biggy as well. Total absolute fun blast, my head & fingers are still spinning. Also managed to best my high score which I thought I’d never beat Time for a celebratory beer on top of the previous beers..... Yay

Beers all around!!! Nice job

#10796 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Couldn't agree with you more or said it any better

#10797 3 years ago
Quoted from JamieK:

Wait... its 7 sim cards?! I thought it was all of them to spell dialed in!

#10798 3 years ago
Quoted from JamieK:

Congratulations, I have only been there twice, keeps me coming back. Love it.

#10799 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Wait... its 7 sim cards?! I thought it was all of them to spell dialed in!

Armageddon is reached after starting all disaster modes and doesn’t have anything to do with the SIM cards.

Showdown is reached when you have collected all eight SIM cards.

#10800 3 years ago

I‘m having this game for 1 1/2 years but I never reached Armageddon nor Showdown. Hard but very challenging game - I like it that way! There are so many pins where it’s relatively easy to play them through and that’s boring over time...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 216 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/216 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.