IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 273.
#10651 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

No. Should hit center of the ball. Inside the cabinet loosen the three screws holding the shooter rod housing and move it as needed and retighten them.
LTG : )

thanks, that did it! I get the impression the original owner hit the shooter when he was lowering the pf back down.

#10652 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Check the leveling of your game.

level was a little off, it didnt solve the shooter problem, but glad you mentioned so I could get it right!

#10653 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Hi All! New owner here, just got it set up, DI LE 2 years old with 29 plays on it, I am excited!!! Love the game already, but one problem. The plunger will not get the ball up around the pf. It worked fine when I tested it out at former owners home, but now plunger is very weak. I looked in the manual but found nothing on adjustment plunger strength.....any ideas?

I had an issue where the shooter would collide with the auto plunger and slow down the forward momentum of the plunger right before it hit the ball.
You might try rotating the plunger and see if you can get some clean shots and some blocked(if you will) shots.

#10654 3 years ago
Quoted from Gizmonic:

Needle nose pliers.
Ron...

Just got a DI LE (second hand, barely used). Thanks so much for video on trap door, as I get that report when game is booted up. I assume you bend the straight metal tab while still attached to game. just making sure, as space is at a premium!!

#10655 3 years ago

I am new owner to a Dialed In LE and there is an error that happens every time I turn it on. It says there is an error and i have to open the door. When i open it, the error is alway the bluetooth dongle is missing. I dont see a dongle so maybe it fell out or something. This is my first JJP but can someone let me know what that means and how to fix it. Also, if the dongle is lost or broke, can i stop the message from popping up so my kids can turn the pin on and play it with out having to view the error?

TIA

#10656 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

I am new owner to a Dialed In LE and there is an error that happens every time I turn it on. It says there is an error and i have to open the door. When i open it, the error is alway the bluetooth dongle is missing. I dont see a dongle so maybe it fell out or something. This is my first JJP but can someone let me know what that means and how to fix it. Also, if the dongle is lost or broke, can i stop the message from popping up so my kids can turn the pin on and play it with out having to view the error?
TIA

You don't have to open the door. Just push the start button. The game will start and the error message will go away.

#10657 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

TIA

Good and bad news...

Good news is the Bluetooth dongle is effectively worthless. The "integration with the smartphone" doesn't work for many and, IMHO, is a gimmick (if it did work).

The bad news is you apparently don't have the dongle. There's a USB cable that is right around the coin box. There should be a very tiny Bluetooth dongle connected there. I'm guessing it's not there. It has to be removed when updating the software. Perhaps someone never put it back.

#10658 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

The "integration with the smartphone" [...] is a gimmick

What he said +1

Here are a couple of dongle photos for your reference.
The first photo is of the dongle in the USB cord under the left playfield support in the cabinet.
You might look in the coin box or the bottom of the machine. The dongle is pretty small and easy to overlook.
IMG_1243 (resized).JPGIMG_1243 (resized).JPGIMG_1244 (resized).JPGIMG_1244 (resized).JPG

#10659 3 years ago

Im missing my dongle....Im basically dongle-less.
Id like to put one back, is there any special specs for me to use in looking for a replacement?

#10660 3 years ago

The manual calls it: Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle
The dongle I have is a Rocketek RT-BT4.
No longer available at Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Rocketek-Low-Energy-Bluetooth-Adapter/dp/B00H8CMO

#10661 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Good news is the Bluetooth dongle is effectively worthless.

They are currently working on another use for it. Waiting to beta test it. So hang onto them.

#10662 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:The manual calls it: Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle
No longer available at Amazon here: amazon.com link »
I think you can try using another Bluetooth 4 adapter. They seem pretty cheap.

Linux OS is pretty picky about Bluetooth dongles. Research if they are compatible first.

#10663 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

The manual calls it: Bluetooth 4.0 Dongle
No longer available at Amazon here: amazon.com link »

I see a couple on eBay with that exact model. $13.20 plus shipping.

#10664 3 years ago

When you decide to play one last game before bed only to get the Grand Champion score and have your picture taken with end-of-the-day, quarantine hair . . . . That’s gonna be there for a while.

#10665 3 years ago

Bluetooth is awesome when it works. Not a gimmick at all. Super fun for tournaments.

#10666 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

I see a couple on eBay with that exact model. $13.20 plus shipping.

can you share a link? I’d buy one for that price

#10667 3 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

can you share a link? I’d buy one for that price

PM sent.

#10668 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

When you decide to play one last game before bed only to get the Grand Champion score and have your picture taken with end-of-the-day, quarantine hair . . . . That’s gonna be there for a while.

I need to get to the gym, and practice DI. There are a few scores with my end of quarantine fat face I'd like to get rid of. Ha!

#10669 3 years ago

I watched the interview video with Jersey Jack, interesting. At one point, he mentioned that you can change the messages on the scrolling news feed. I think that would be fun to customize, but I searched this thread for how to do it, I found nothing, and I could not figure out how to do it within the game's menu system....any ideas?

#10670 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

I watched the interview video with Jersey Jack, interesting. At one point, he mentioned that you can change the messages on the scrolling news feed. I think that would be fun to customize, but I searched this thread for how to do it, I found nothing, and I could not figure out how to do it within the game's menu system....any ideas?

I think it might be a CE only feature, but I could be wrong.

#10671 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I think it might be a CE only feature, but I could be wrong.

That's what I remember too.

#10672 3 years ago

makes sense since its not in the menu system. Thanks guys!

#10673 3 years ago

Some might call me ghetto, but I did this on my Munster's grandpa scoop, and it seemed to result in less rejections and smoother ball flow out of the scoop, not to mention a little less wear and tear on the ball itself. Also, if the ball hits the front of the cliffy and gets slightly airborne into the scoop, it is less likely to bounce back out, as the fabric 'cushions' the ball slightly and increases the odds of the ball staying in the scoop. It has been in almost daily use for 8 months, shows little wear except for a little darkening where ball hits the fabric.

See pictures below. I cut a piece of moleskin (Dr. Scholls!! lol) and placed it inside the scoop underneath the phone. It has adhesive on one side, and is slightly cushioned material. Barely noticeable unless you are looking for it. Sorry for the quality of pics, forgot to take them until after I replaced the glass, so angle of shot was not great.

580E82C1-1AD4-45B3-9506-B96622C4B770_1_105_c (resized).jpeg580E82C1-1AD4-45B3-9506-B96622C4B770_1_105_c (resized).jpeg95AB3F80-A970-4035-BC4F-6A30357FBF85_1_105_c (resized).jpeg95AB3F80-A970-4035-BC4F-6A30357FBF85_1_105_c (resized).jpegIMG_1462 (resized).jpegIMG_1462 (resized).jpeg

Added over 4 years ago:

update- have played 30 or so games since adding the fabric pad. The % of balls that enter scoop rather than bouncing out has increased from 30% to probably 85%. It could be because I am getting better at the game (LOL), but I think the fabric pad is softening the landing of the ball against the scoop, increasing the odds it stays in the scope.

#10674 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Is the phone scoop easier to hit without cliffy? I get a ton of rejects. Surprisingly I hit the sim shot pretty reliably. Lucky, I guess.

Check your miniposts. If the SIM shot is easy, they have come loose.

#10675 3 years ago

Hi,
Minor gripe here:
Has anyone else had shot register issues with the right Orbit / ramp ? I’m not talking of the ball reject issue which can usually be solved with a few layers of Mylar at the wire form ramp entry point. My issue is despite both switch 52 right loop enter and 47 train 2 ramp made working perfectly sometimes if the Orbit shot is too fast “usually after waxing” it won’t register that you’ve made the shot........ which is particularly frustrating as it’s quite a tricky shot and is associated with many of the key Disaster modes.

Relocate switch 47 further down the wire from perhaps?

Regards
Jamie K

#10676 3 years ago
Quoted from JamieK:

Hi,
Minor gripe here:
Has anyone else had shot register issues with the right Orbit / ramp ? I’m not talking of the ball reject issue which can usually be solved with a few layers of Mylar at the wire form ramp entry point. My issue is despite both switch 52 right loop enter and 47 train 2 ramp made working perfectly sometimes if the Orbit shot is too fast “usually after waxing” it won’t register that you’ve made the shot........ which is particularly frustrating as it’s quite a tricky shot and is associated with many of the key Disaster modes.
Regards
Jamie K

I've had this happen, like you said, after waxing. I just deal with it until the game gets "dirty" enough where it doesn't do it anymore.

#10677 3 years ago

My trap door flap just broke. I put in a ticket with JJP on their website. Does anyone know if they're still replacing these, or even if they have people on the other end working cases with COVID or the move to IL?

I've seen the fixes about adding washers to the coil to reduce the stroke. Has anyone trimmed the ramp flap to make it shorter so that it doesn't hit the wireform instead of the washers?

#10678 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

My trap door flap just broke. I put in a ticket with JJP on their website. Does anyone know if they're still replacing these, or even if they have people on the other end working cases with COVID or the move to IL?
I've seen the fixes about adding washers to the coil to reduce the stroke. Has anyone trimmed the ramp flap to make it shorter so that it doesn't hit the wireform instead of the washers?

Somewhere in this thread, LTG posted a picture of putting a small nut in the coil to lessen the movement of the coil rod to prevent the flap from hitting.

#10679 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Somewhere in this thread, ltg posted a picture of putting a small nut in the coil to lessen the movement of the coil rod to prevent the flap from hitting.

I've seen it. I've also seen people posting that 2-3 #8 washers are perfect as well. Just wondering if anyone thought to trim the door flap instead of adding the washers, but I don't have a problem doing that either.

#10680 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've seen it. I've also seen people posting that 2-3 #8 washers are perfect as well. Just wondering if anyone thought to trim the door flap instead of adding the washers, but I don't have a problem doing that either.

B11ED653-14FA-42D1-A3AF-92DFA0A3F481.gifB11ED653-14FA-42D1-A3AF-92DFA0A3F481.gif
#10681 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:I've had this happen, like you said, after waxing. I just deal with it until the game gets "dirty" enough where it doesn't do it anymore.

+1

#10682 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've had this happen, like you said, after waxing. I just deal with it until the game gets "dirty" enough where it doesn't do it anymore.

I have a video on here that shows a slow-mo of what happens during fast shots. The ball essentially "flies over" the upper ramp switch. For me...I added electrical tape to the beginning of the ramp to help smooth the transition from PF to ramp flap (there was a slight lifting of the ramp flap which helped kick the ball up a bit more which made things worse) and it helped a lot.

#10683 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I've seen the fixes about adding washers to the coil to reduce the stroke.

You can raise the ramp up a little too.

raiseramp (resized).JPGraiseramp (resized).JPG
#10684 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

Thats interesting...hadn't thought of that.

#10685 3 years ago
Quoted from JamieK:

Hi,
Minor gripe here:
Regards
Jamie K

Used to happen to mine way more than now. Adjusted the switch by centering and bending the switch. I'd say it registers now on 90% of super fast shots and almost all medium speed shots. It was pissing me off before. Amazing game.

#10686 3 years ago

Ok... My DI has a weird issue I can't figure out. I removed my mantis phone scoop protector (recommended, see below). The process of jimmying out the mantis was very convoluted, and the only thing I can figure is the optos got tweaked.

So now I'm getting a phantom switch error. Occasionally when a ball goes into the trap door or the SIM card hole, and rolls down to the phone scoop, the phone scoop is not registering right away and not kicking the ball out. It's as though the ball is stopped in its roll to trigger the switch. I say this because when I nudge the game, it registers and pops the ball out. I hot glue sealed the optos in place and I'd say this reduced the frequency, but its still doing this say 10% of time. Never does it when I have a straight shot into the phone scoop BTW. I also set the game to be more steep (6.5).

It errors occasionally (no registration in phone scoop) in switch test similar in frequency to actual game play.

Any ideas?

Post mantis gameplay: shots are more buttery and assertive (satisfying) into the phone scoop from the left flipper, fewer rejects, and no damage/wear because of the contoured edges.

#10687 3 years ago

I looked for a long time for a shooter rod that I thought would look good and work with the theme of my game. I saw that someone in Europe once did a shooter rod knob that was based on an emoji. I thought it looked good but I could not find one anywhere here in the States. So, I asked Bill Hanson of Super Skill Shot Shooters.com if he could make one for me. He did, at a very reasonable cost, and it looks and works great. And Bill was great to work with. My only regret now is that I wished that I had him place the emoji face on the ball with a less than straight on orientation because it is hard to see when you are the front of the game. Perhaps placing more emojis on the various sides of the ball would had worked better. But, for everyone else, it looks great. Just wanted to share.

shooter (resized).jpgshooter (resized).jpg
#10688 3 years ago
Quoted from JamieK:

Hi,
Minor gripe here:
Has anyone else had shot register issues with the right Orbit / ramp ?

I had this issue on a lot of clean right-orbit shots, even if I hadn't just waxed. I put a short run of felt tape on the left side of the metal ramp/chute (player's left) as a speed bump, just before the transition to the metal wireform. Fast shots that are hugging that left wall hit the tape and slow down enough that they don't hop over the switch. I'd say it fixed the problem about 90%.

#10689 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

[quoted image]

So I got a response from JJP a couple days ago asking how long I had owned the game. I responded, but no response from them yet. Any reason why the length of ownership matters? What if I had just gotten it that day? Should it matter? Just to be clear, I'm the second owner and have had it over 2 years now. I have put in service tickets for other things and they've resolved them without issue.

#10690 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

So I got a response from JJP a couple days ago asking how long I had owned the game. I responded, but no response from them yet. Any reason why the length of ownership matters? What if I had just gotten it that day? Should it matter? Just to be clear, I'm the second owner and have had it over 2 years now. I have put in service tickets for other things and they've resolved them without issue.

If it was still under warranty, they would send you a ramp flap for free. They’ve taken care of me for other things even past the written warranty. But at some point in time, it has to stop.

#10691 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

If it was still under warranty, they would send you a ramp flap for free. They’ve taken care of me for other things even past the written warranty. But at some point in time, it has to stop.

That's true. Good point. I guess I'll just have to see what they decide to do.

#10692 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

That's true. Good point. I guess I'll just have to see what they decide to do.

They might give it to you as it is a known issue, but either way, it is probably fairly cheap in the grand scheme of things.

#10693 3 years ago

I'm in the club finally! Thanks to ssdobbins

20200625_232432 (resized).jpg20200625_232432 (resized).jpg
#10694 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I just joined the club and it happened to me about 30 days of ownership. I’m the second owner but they told me they’d send me a new flap for v$10 plus shipping to rivet on or a new trap door with it installed for $28 plus shipping

#10695 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Used to happen to mine way more than now. Adjusted the switch by centering and bending the switch. I'd say it registers now on 90% of super fast shots and almost all medium speed shots. It was pissing me off before. Amazing game.

I think you’ve hit the nail on head holminone. I tweaked & bent the switch earlier and all seems well . I’ll try it again tomorrow albeit with a few less beers and hopefully some sweeter faster shots but for now it’s many thanks for the advice. Yes, absolutely truly a great game.
Thx
Jamie K

#10696 3 years ago

Hello everyone! I'm Brian from Oklahoma and my NIB DI-LE just arrived today! My first machine ever, so I'm quite pumped to finally have this dream come true. It was shipped straight from JJP to my front door. Number 870 and was made 3/20/2018. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment. I'm honored, humbled, and privileged to be a real pinball owner, a part of Pinside, and in the Dialed In club as an owner.

IMG_20200626_204508[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_204508[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_221712[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20200626_221712[1] (resized).jpg
#10697 3 years ago
Quoted from BriFi:

Hello everyone! I'm Brian from Oklahoma and my NIB DI-LE just arrived today! My first machine ever, so I'm quite pumped to finally have this dream come true. It was shipped straight from JJP to my front door. Number 870 and was made 3/20/2018. Looking forward to many years of enjoyment. I'm honored, humbled, and privileged to be a real pinball owner, a part of Pinside, and in the Dialed In club as an owner.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats! Just a little shocked that this game has been sitting in inventory for 27 months. WOW. Glad to see it's finally getting some love...

#10698 3 years ago
Quoted from BriFi:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats. From the very moment I played this game at the pinball expo two years ago, I knew I had to have this. I was blown AWAY by this pin. Still love it to this day.

#10699 3 years ago

So I had a really good regular multiball tonight.... I got 2 add a balls which I thought u cld only get one per mb? Also made a ton of jackpots and supers.... then I saw a checkered flag in the theater but I drained out before hitting it..... anyone know what it represents if anything ? It's crazy that I've had this pin for nearly 3 years now and I still see new stuff lol. Such a great game and in the future it will be highly regarded as one the best ever if it isn't allready in many people's minds.

#10700 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

So I had a really good regular multiball tonight.... I got 2 add a balls which I thought u cld only get one per mb? Also made a ton of jackpots and supers.... then I saw a checkered flag in the theater but I drained out before hitting it..... anyone know what it represents if anything ? It's crazy that I've had this pin for nearly 3 years now and I still see new stuff lol. Such a great game and in the future it will be highly regarded as one the best ever if it isn't allready in many people's minds.

Maybe you were able to add two balls because you started a BOB MB along with regular MB. (Though I'm not sure if you can stack it in while main MB is running). The crazy drone BOB multiball puts various items in the theater as it progresses. These items refer back to other Lawlor games, such as the chair from TAF. It's possible that the checkered flag refers to Banzai Run?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 214 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/214?hl=tolls and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.