IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 273.
#10601 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Hmmm. Seems doctored.

Thanks for the laugh. I needed it.

#10602 3 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

What slope is your playfield at? Mine is around 6.5, and it just makes it up there if you hit the perfect. At 7 degrees it may not make it.

Yeah, I was wondering if it was a pitch thing. I just played a game and I can backhand it if the ball is rolling down the flipper from the return lane at a decent speed, but I can't do it from a cradled position. I did hit the shot cleanly; it just rolled halfway up the ramp and then back down.

I just got a new digital level -- a cheap one from Amazon, so I don't know how accurate it is -- but it says I'm at about 6.25 below the flippers, 6.5 right above the flippers, and 7.5 right before the theater (and right after the entrance to the left ramp). So, there may be a slight difference in my playfield, but it seems that the ramp is at about 7.5. My flippers are pretty strong, as I can make the right ramp shot fast and smooth. All else plays perfectly how I like. I'm not sure how important it is to backhand that shot as I agree that a post pass is very doable from the left flipper.

#10603 3 years ago

Booo-Yaaa! Gonna try mine to see....

#10604 3 years ago

JJP pins have less powerful flippers than stern...its just something you need to realize with jersey jack pins. Nothing wrong with them...its just how they are designed.

#10605 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page D-171 in the manual. On the I/O board fuse F713 and F714
LTG : )

I think I need to download a new manual. My "D's" stop at D-118.

#10606 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page D-171 in the manual. On the I/O board fuse F713 and F714

LTG,
Did you mean page D-87?
I still can't find those (2) fuses on that I/O board...

#10607 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

LTG,
Did you mean page D-87?
I still can't find those (2) fuses on that I/O board...

I'm sorry. I must have had the wrong manual.

Please try page D-113

#10608 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I'm sorry. I must have had the wrong manual.
Please try page D-113

Thanks, that's the right page. Both fuses are good and the surface led indicator lite next to them are lit as well.

#10609 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

JJP pins have less powerful flippers than stern...its just something you need to realize with jersey jack pins. Nothing wrong with them...its just how they are designed.

That's very helpful to know, thanks!

#10610 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

A little help please. Can someone tell me when the ball is supposed to be briefly held in the theater and then flip into the pop bumpers? Is it only in a particular mode that action occurs? On my game I now have the theater magnet passing all tests and I can get the ball to briefly hold and then shudder on the theater magnet and then flow into the pops when the delay is set at -200 and when it is in test mode. But I do not see that happen in actual game play. It either goes 'stdm' or passes quickly into the pops without any 'shudder' or 'fling' movement happening.Also, I do not see the magnet holding the ball briefly. Is it supposed to? I reviewed the DI game flow chart but I can't find an answer there so maybe someone knows what is supposed to occur? Thanks for any help offered.

Yes, only some modes fling it. If you collect a box or hurry up if i remember right it should fling it, but it flings it around to your upper flipper, not to the pops. There’s a few other times I believe. Otherwise you’ll either get a straight thru shot or the magnet stops it and drops it onto the back of qed, except for eruption as noted earlier.

#10611 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

A little help please. Can someone tell me when the ball is supposed to be briefly held in the theater and then flip into the pop bumpers? Is it only in a particular mode that action occurs? On my game I now have the theater magnet passing all tests and I can get the ball to briefly hold and then shudder on the theater magnet and then flow into the pops when the delay is set at -200 and when it is in test mode. But I do not see that happen in actual game play. It either goes 'stdm' or passes quickly into the pops without any 'shudder' or 'fling' movement happening.Also, I do not see the magnet holding the ball briefly. Is it supposed to? I reviewed the DI game flow chart but I can't find an answer there so maybe someone knows what is supposed to occur? Thanks for any help offered.

It shouldn't end in the popbumpers but have more speed and go all the way around to the right.
Try to adjust the delay timer for the magnet in the settings..

#10612 3 years ago

I wonder if the making of booklet is also available via download as PDF

#10613 3 years ago

In regards to backhanding, flipper alignment has to be inline with the inlane guides. If they're the slightest bit droopy, you won't be able to do it. I backhand the left ramp whenever I need to hit a left ramp shot (during a mode).

#10614 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

In regards to backhanding, flipper alignment has to be inline with the inlane guides. If they're the slightest bit droopy, you won't be able to do it. I backhand the left ramp whenever I need to hit a left ramp shot (during a mode).

Would you consider my alignment to be droopy?

532C3B89-8A54-4291-98A9-086571CC8495 (resized).jpeg532C3B89-8A54-4291-98A9-086571CC8495 (resized).jpeg

#10615 3 years ago

Was a manuel included for those who got NIB?

#10616 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

I believe that was only included in the LE's.

#10617 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

LE here. I had to ask for mine. It was only recently sent.

#10618 3 years ago

I received a manual with my LE.

#10619 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

[quoted image]

No, that looks pretty spot on. The only way to know 100% is to get a straight edge. Based on your post though, it seems like there might be some variance in your particular game? I don't check the pitch of my games, I just put them up at what "feels" like a good spot, then make sure it's level side to side.

#10620 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

No, that looks pretty spot on. The only way to know 100% is to get a straight edge. Based on your post though, it seems like there might be some variance in your particular game? I don't check the pitch of my games, I just put them up at what "feels" like a good spot, then make sure it's level side to side.

It could be just the natural variance in the playfield. That said, I wonder how many people can backhand that shot vs not. Everything else plays wonderfully, so I’m not going to worry about it. As soon as I try to make that shot backhandable (is that a word?), it will be at the expense of something else.

#10621 3 years ago

I'm glad my game is cranked up to maximum angle. Why would you want to be able to backhand the ramp? Put it on five ball and stick a sock in the drain hole while you're at it!

#10622 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm glad my game is cranked up to maximum angle. Why would you want to be able to backhand the ramp? Put it on five ball and stick a sock in the drain hole while you're at it!

Since when was backhanding a shot making a game easier? There's no correlation between the two.

#10623 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Since when was backhanding a shot making a game easier? There's no correlation between the two.

Even making the game steeper reduces the side to side movement of the ball, making it easier to keep the ball away from the outlanes.

It also makes it easier to trap the ball if you play more of a control type player.

#10624 3 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Even making the game steeper reduces the side to side movement of the ball, making it easier to keep the ball away from the outlanes.
It also makes it easier to trap the ball if you play more of a control type player.

To counter that, center drains happen far more often and ball speed is increased significantly. I get tons of high speed Outlander drains My games are waaaay harder jacked up, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

#10625 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Totally makes it easier. Limiting shots on a flipper makes a game more difficult. Common sense. If I'm in a mode that's timing out and need the ramp from the left flipper, a backhand would make it quicker and easier.

#10626 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Totally makes it easier. Limiting shots on a flipper makes a game more difficult. Common sense. If I'm in a mode that's timing out and need the ramp from the left flipper, a backhand would make it quicker and easier.

I think we will have to agree to disagree here. With this mentality, why not disable the left flipper? It will make the game more difficult. Common sense, right? I can backhand the ramp fairly consistently, if it bricks it's a dangerous shot. The backhand on the right flipper is the most consistent way to hit the phone scoop. Is that cheating too?

Flipper angle shot for comparison. At one point I was experimenting with lowering the power to the flippers because of bricked phone scoop shots. IIRC I could still backhand that ramp. I'm at full power now. I boosted my upper flipper a little. that probably is cheating. Ha!

2020-06-11 23.04.56 (resized).jpg2020-06-11 23.04.56 (resized).jpg
#10627 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

[quoted image]

Try to get a more centered pic and compare it to mine.

#10628 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

To counter that, center drains happen far more often and ball speed is increased significantly. I get tons of high speed Outlander drains My games are waaaay harder jacked up, otherwise I wouldn't bother.

In my experience centre drains happen most often from a missed shot off a post or a stand up that rockets down the middle. Rarely does the ball come to rest at the top of the playfield and then the slope of the playfield takes the ball down the middle.

I didn't say that increasing the slope made the game easier, I said it makes certain aspects of the game easier. Obviously there are aspects it makes more difficult but to me it's never made the games way harder, unless it's so steep the flippers can't make the shots.

I was only responding to your comment about 5 ball and socks in the drain. Making your playfield an extra degree shallower isn't even close to the same thing.

#10629 3 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

In my experience centre drains happen most often from a missed shot off a post or a stand up that rockets down the middle. Rarely does the ball come to rest at the top of the playfield and then the slope of the playfield takes the ball down the middle.
I didn't say that increasing the slope made the game easier, I said it makes certain aspects of the game easier. Obviously there are aspects it makes more difficult but to me it's never made the games way harder, unless it's so steep the flippers can't make the shots.
I was only responding to your comment about 5 ball and socks in the drain. Making your playfield an extra degree shallower isn't even close to the same thing.

Well, I would assume you'd know that I wasn't being literal with the sock. Shallower angles make each of every machine I've ever owned easier. I used to live shallow games back in the arcade days as replays were easier. Just sayin.

I prefer games steep, fast and difficult. The more the game forces strategy, the better. My assumption (and seemingly others on here) is that a backhand for the ramp is not intended design.

If you like lower and slower, that's great.

#10630 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

That's very helpful to know, thanks!

false, all coils are adjustables in settings

#10631 3 years ago

Playing a game last night on DILE, the ball got stopped at the top of the ramp at her diverter scoop. The bottom edge of the scoop was dead center on the ball. Either her arm isn't going up high enough for the ball to travel under or the bottom of the scoop got bent down.

Not sure how it originally looked before this issue. I bent the bottom up maybe 3/8" so the scoop bottom is now perpendicular with the sides of the scoop. Bending it was tough! It's a strong rigid piece of metal! I can't even begin to think how this got bent down on it's own.

Anyone else ever experience this or have to rectify?

#10632 3 years ago

Has there been any consensus on the benefit of upgrading the processor?

#10633 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I'm thinking of replacing it as I still have delays in the characters and sound. Bummerz

#10634 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm thinking of replacing it as I still have delays in the characters and sound. Bummerz

With 1.73?

#10635 3 years ago

I was going to ask the same. I have the older processor and have had no noticeable problems with the new code.

#10636 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Playing a game last night on DILE, the ball got stopped at the top of the ramp at her diverter scoop. The bottom edge of the scoop was dead center on the ball. Either her arm isn't going up high enough for the ball to travel under or the bottom of the scoop got bent down.
Not sure how it originally looked before this issue. I bent the bottom up maybe 3/8" so the scoop bottom is now perpendicular with the sides of the scoop. Bending it was tough! It's a strong rigid piece of metal! I can't even begin to think how this got bent down on it's own.
Anyone else ever experience this or have to rectify?

The height of the diverter arm is adjustable.

I'm assuming it worked properly before.

Underneath there is an adjustment nut, it comes loose if you don't have it really tight. The diverter will slowly creep up until a slow shot will no longer be diverted off the ramp.

Just follow the diverter arm under the playfield, the nut controls how far the arm is pushed up by the cam on the end of the motor. Just adjust it until the bottom of the cam leaves the diverter up top level with the ramp or slightly below.

There are a couple of springs that are held on by that nut, so if you screw it off the end of the arm, you'll have those to contend with.

#10637 3 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

I was getting a significantly delayed phone video for some of the modes (Acid Rain comes to mind),
but the last update eliminated the delay or at least reduced it to the point that I no longer notice it.

#10638 3 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

The height of the diverter arm is adjustable.
I'm assuming it worked properly before.
Underneath there is an adjustment nut, it comes loose if you don't have it really tight. The diverter will slowly creep up until a slow shot will no longer be diverted off the ramp.
Just follow the diverter arm under the playfield, the nut controls how far the arm is pushed up by the cam on the end of the motor. Just adjust it until the bottom of the cam leaves the diverter up top level with the ramp or slightly below.
There are a couple of springs that are held on by that nut, so if you screw it off the end of the arm, you'll have those to contend with.

Yes, no issues w/ diverter in the last 14 months of owning/playing DILE. Happened overnight...

Not problem since I bent it.

I'll take and post a pic (after bending) so you can compare to your diverter scoop.

#10639 3 years ago

Yep, with 1.73. Regret updating. My phone coil misbehaves now too. Rarely, but it does. Almost all of the voices for modes are off sync.

#10640 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Yes, no issues w/ diverter in the last 14 months of owning/playing DILE. Happened overnight...
Not problem since I bent it.
I'll take and post a pic (after bending) so you can compare to your diverter scoop.

This is how my diverter scoop looks now. Didn't take a before pic. It got pretty bent somehow I think during a multiball. Can't quite put that scenario together but don't think it got bent in normal play.

20200613_133203 (resized).jpg20200613_133203 (resized).jpg
#10641 3 years ago

I’m very stoked to be re-joining club Dialed In! I bought a DILE in early 2018 and was too eager to try other games. So it was sold to fund others. I just ordered one of the dwindling final run DILEs! Should be collecting SIM cards (or trying) this weekend! Can’t wait. After 2 years and trying many pins, I’m convinced DI is one of the very best ever made. It’s a keeper this time.

#10642 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I’m very stoked to be re-joining club Dialed In! I bought a DILE in early 2018 and was too eager to try other games. So it was sold to fund others. I just ordered one of the dwindling final run DILEs! Should be collecting SIM cards (or trying) this weekend! Can’t wait. After 2 years and trying many pins, I’m convinced DI is one of the very best ever made. It’s a keeper this time.

It’s the complete package.

#10643 3 years ago

Hi All! New owner here, just got it set up, DI LE 2 years old with 29 plays on it, I am excited!!! Love the game already, but one problem. The plunger will not get the ball up around the pf. It worked fine when I tested it out at former owners home, but now plunger is very weak. I looked in the manual but found nothing on adjustment plunger strength.....any ideas?

#10644 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Hi All! New owner here, just got it set up, DI LE 2 years old with 29 plays on it, I am excited!!! Love the game already, but one problem. The plunger will not get the ball up around the pf. It worked fine when I tested it out at former owners home, but now plunger is very weak. I looked in the manual but found nothing on adjustment plunger strength.....any ideas?

Is it getting caught on the switch actuator and not making it all the way down the shooter lane? I'll occasionally have to give mine a little shake to get the ball off the actuator.

#10645 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

Try removing it and compressing the little spring on the outside of the game — the one that rests against the knob — with a pair of pliers or something. Reassemble. See if that helps.

#10646 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Try removing it and compressing the little spring on the outside of the game — the one that rests against the knob — with a pair of pliers or something. Reassemble. See if that helps.

Thanks, does not seem to make much difference. But I did notice rubber tip of plunger/shooter rests high and slightly to the left of center of ball, is that the correct alignment ?

#10647 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Is it getting caught on the switch actuator and not making it all the way down the shooter lane? I'll occasionally have to give mine a little shake to get the ball off the actuator.

that does not seem to be an issue

#10648 3 years ago

Check the leveling of your game.

#10649 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

I had the exact same problem. It is not the spring tension.

It was a simple fix but I can’t remember how!

I am traveling at the moment and won’t be back until Saturday. If you haven’t fixed it by then, contact me and I will take a look.

Roger

#10650 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinwalk:

But I did notice rubber tip of plunger/shooter rests high and slightly to the left of center of ball, is that the correct alignment ?

No. Should hit center of the ball. Inside the cabinet loosen the three screws holding the shooter rod housing and move it as needed and retighten them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Hampshire, IL
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 22.50
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 213 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/213?hl=thot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.