IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 273.
#10551 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Do they know the basic rules? Hit QED to charge phone, make phone scoop to start the mode?
Taking the phone scoop off was the best thing I did! Takes a lot of frustration out of the game..

Just to be 100% clear, you removed the scoop to remove the protector; If you modded the game to have the balls shoot into the cabinet that would be hardcore (or you like playing unfinished JPOP games...).

Not trying to be pedantic, but some people reading this years from now may just rip of their scoop and wonder why their game doesn't play better...

#10552 3 years ago

If you love your Dialed In and plan to keep it for a long time, you probably know there are a few things that are likely to become problematic.

I always buy spare parts when I get a game but I decided to sell my Dialed In, and I have these parts available, all brand new:

- Complete phone
- Theatre screen
- 3x drone assemblies
- Upper playfield

Send me a private message if you are interested.

IMG_20200531_013022 (resized).jpgIMG_20200531_013022 (resized).jpgIMG_20200531_013039 (resized).jpgIMG_20200531_013039 (resized).jpgIMG_20200531_013045 (resized).jpgIMG_20200531_013045 (resized).jpg

#10553 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

Edit: After a little digging I think I need 3 of these to get 6GB. No idea where the other 2 are and the mobo only has 2 slots. Oh well.
Computer question- I went to install 2 4GB sticks or RAM I had hanging around. Unfortunately they were DDR4. I did some digging and found another stick. Is says DDR 1600Mhz 6GB, so this should be an upgrade, correct? First picture is the factory installed, second is the one in question. Any thoughts?
[quoted image][quoted image]

This is interesting. Usually if extra ram is installed it is done so in identical pairs. Bigger question is I doubt you will see any benefit. I can’t imagine a scenario where the hard drive is caching data or code for the CPU as the engineers would need to spec for this most basic requirement and eliminate ram as a bottleneck. Is your game glitching out or slow to respond because the hard drive is caching?

#10554 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

This is interesting. Usually if extra ram is installed it is done so in identical pairs. Bigger question is I doubt you will see any benefit. I can’t imagine a scenario where the hard drive is caching data or code for the CPU as the engineers would need to spec for this most basic requirement and eliminate ram as a bottleneck. Is your game glitching out or slow to respond because the hard drive is caching?

I think triple channel was a thing a few years back.

Before the last update people were talking about CPU and RAM upgrades. I figured if I had it sitting around, why not use it.

#10555 3 years ago

sorry, I meant to PM you my message; user error on my part!

#10556 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I think triple channel was a thing a few years back.
Before the last update people were talking about CPU and RAM upgrades. I figured if I had it sitting around, why not use it.

I believe the last update largely took care of the problem. Have you updated and are still experiencing out of synch speech and animations?

#10557 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You need to score a bunch of regular jackpots and then nail a super jackpot (I think it's the side ramp? Can't remember).

It's five Jackpots (either Ramp) and then the Super Jackpot is lit on the left orbit. Not sure if the side ramp counts as Double Jackpot like in regular MB. I usually let all balls drain when the MB begins so the ball saver gives me a nice feed on the right flipper from which I can shoot the left ramp to pick up the Jackpots.
But in general I fully agree, the MBs could be scoring much more points. Regular MB is not really worth playing on its own without stacking in a regular mode or even a BOB mode. Maybe Pat wanted to emphasize on the modes and give in incentive to play them even in competition and not have people go MB all day like in other games? In that regard, i think TAF is very well balanced. MB and modes are both a reasonable strategy, even in competition play. I wish DI would be a little bit more like that.

#10558 3 years ago

Has anyone else disabled the magnet function at the the quantum theater?
We get really frustrated with the ball coming STRAIGHT down the middle after hitting Lava, special delivery, train doors, etc.
The theater holds the ball in place and then drops it. It is a cool effect, but we lose balls to that about as much as the outlanes.
Is it supposed to be like that? Any suggestions? Just feels like you get punished for making a good shot and following the game modes...”

#10559 3 years ago
Quoted from KC_Green:

We get really frustrated with the ball coming STRAIGHT down the middle after hitting Lava, special delivery, train doors, etc.
The theater holds the ball in place and then drops it. It is a cool effect, but we lose balls to that about as much as the outlanes.
Is it supposed to be like that? Any suggestions? Just feels like you get punished for making a good shot and following the game modes...”

I cant say I've ever lost a ball this way. Something is up with the way your machine is set up.

#10560 3 years ago

I have the same problem. Makes me glad that the QED guy gets in the way.....

#10561 3 years ago

In some modes the ball gets dropped but then QED should move around the middle to divert the ball.
In other modes the ball is launched towards the back of the playfield (like the Shadow lock).
If your game doesn't do this (and always just drops the ball down) then you have to change the timing settings for it..
somewhere in the thread it should be mentioned a few times how to do it..

#10562 3 years ago

I have only had my game for 5 days and this happens in almost every sessions, I did go into the settings and change it to throw the ball up some first before falling down and that seemed to help but still have lost a few balls that way. Still tweaking the game and need to make sure it is 100% level (per the phone app it was).

#10563 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

I have only had my game for 5 days and this happens in almost every sessions, I did go into the settings and change it to throw the ball up some first before falling down and that seemed to help but still have lost a few balls that way. Still tweaking the game and need to make sure it is 100% level (per the phone app it was).

What version code are you running?

#10564 3 years ago
Quoted from KC_Green:

Raise the right back leg 3-4 turns and ball will fall to the left flipper.

#10565 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

What version code are you running?

Just double checked though and my right front leg was too low (ie: making the ball go SDTM)

#10566 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Just double checked though and my right front leg was too low (ie: making the ball go SDTM)

the QED guy doesn't move in front of the ball to divert? The only time he shouldn't move is during EMP Strike, but that's because the pf magnets pull the ball as it drops down. On my game, it doesn't happen often and I get SDTM drains that way.

#10567 3 years ago

I ran the theater magnet test and discovered that the magnet appears to be bad (it tests red). Checked DC V to the magnet and got 67 V DC and 1.5 V DC. I have continuity through the magnet coil and all the fuses tested good. So, I am trying to get help from JJP Support as my game is barely 1 month 'out of the box' and I don't think the Theater magnet has ever worked. Anyone got any ideas beyond punting to JJP?

UPDATE: After working with JJP it turns out that I have a bad I/O board (transistor Q302 is defective). It will have to be replaced.

#10568 3 years ago

Thanks. That seems so simple it has to work!
Going to try that tomorrow. The level says that I am level, but I’m still gonna kick it up a little on the right side.

#10569 3 years ago
Quoted from daveddd14:

Dude.... fix your settings. The game either drops it down and is deflected by the QED guy or it flings it backward like the shadow. Adjust the timing on the magnet so the shadow flip happens every time (instead of sorta lifting it up before falling sdtm, like you said it does now).

#10570 3 years ago

I highly recommend removing the mylar from the magnet core in the theater and then adjusting the magnet throw timing. In test mode if you throw the ball into the theater the magnet should catch it and then throw it up and around

#10571 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

I highly recommend removing the mylar from the magnet core in the theater and then adjusting the magnet throw timing. In test mode if you throw the ball into the theater the magnet should catch it and then throw it up and around

Can someone explain definitively what the theater magnet test values represent? For example, what exactly is the difference between -115 and -80? Or -130 vs -20. Or -110 vs 30?

What is this a measure of and why does my magnet fail to throw the ball backwards consistently no matter what value I enter?

#10572 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Can someone explain definitively what the theater magnet test values represent? For example, what exactly is the difference between -115 and -80? Or -130 vs -20. Or -110 vs 30?
What is this a measure of and why does my magnet fail to throw the ball backwards consistently no matter what value I enter?

Time delay. How long the game waits to pulse the magnet after it releases the ball. Too long of a delay and the ball rolls too far down so the magnet can't attract it to throw it up. Too short of a delay and the ball won't be pulled up. The ball should roll down slightly and then the pulse should pull it up. Try default first and make small changes (10-20) to compare. With a normal pitch and a level game the magnet should throw it correctly the vast majority of the time in test mode. Especially with the mylar removed from the core.

#10573 3 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Time delay. How long the game waits to pulse the magnet after it releases the ball. Too long of a delay and the ball rolls too far down so the magnet can't attract it to throw it up. Too short of a delay and the ball won't be pulled up. The ball should roll down slightly and then the pulse should pull it up. Try default first and make small changes (10-20) to compare. With a normal pitch and a level game the magnet should throw it correctly the vast majority of the time in test mode. Especially with the mylar removed from the core.

Ok. So why does mine make meager efforts most of the time and sometimes it throws it back? As though the pulse strength is highly variable with a tendency for weak... I’ve tried virtually every value between -20 and -130. With -115 showing a bit of promise but mostly failing.

#10574 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Ok. So why does mine make meager efforts most of the time and sometimes it throws it back? As though the pulse strength is highly variable with a tendency for weak... I’ve tried virtually every value between -20 and -130. With -115 showing a bit of promise but mostly failing.

Put it in the positive column, then. I learned one thing: nobody can tell you what number you should use. You have to find it for yourself. I've tried different people's numbers here and none worked. Tinker with it, you'll get it.

#10575 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Put it in the positive column, then. I learned one thing: nobody can tell you what number you should use. You have to find it for yourself. I've tried different people's numbers here and none worked. Tinker with it, you'll get it.

I found it inconsistent adjusting in test. The magnet gets hot. For me, I found a range of too high and too low, then stopped and came back maybe the next day and made minor adjustments without going outside the previous numbers. Keep playing inside those numbers but only try a couple of times and come back the next day. It took a frustrating amount of time. Don’t put the glass back on until it is consistent. When you are close, just try it for a while in game. I never got it to work the same in test as in game so test never showed the number, just when I was close. Don’t give up. The game is no where near as good if it’s not just right.

#10576 3 years ago

Just remembered, I ended up swapping the Drone magnet with the Theatre magnet as it was more flush with the pf. That made a tremendous difference.

#10577 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Raise the right back leg 3-4 turns and ball will fall to the left flipper.

I cringe every time I hear/read that! The idea of setting a machine up anything other than level just doesn't sit well with me at all!.

#10578 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Just remembered, I ended up swapping the Drone magnet with the Theatre magnet as it was more flush with the pf. That made a tremendous difference.

You do know that the magnets for the theater and the drone can both be adjusted to be level with the playfield, right? There is adjustable screw on the bottom side of the magnet that, once you loosen the large nut, can be turned to raise or lower the magnet.

#10579 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

I cringe every time I hear/read that! The idea of setting a machine up anything other than level just doesn't sit well with me at all!.

This is true with me too, but exact level is almost impossible to active, let alone maintain if you nudge. Mine still reads level after adjusting for sdtm drains, so don't worry. EMP is currently the only design flaw for sdtm as the magnet does not affect the ball a lot of the time. I just get ready for a warning/tilt each time I shoot the theatre during EMP. Really sucks when it doesn't perform as designed.

#10580 3 years ago
Quoted from Kevlar:

It’s not even noticeable, except the ball no longer goes down the middle.

#10581 3 years ago

I noticed tonight that both my coin slot LED's are not lighting up. Not sure if they have ever lighted up but went into the menu & I guess there is no test for those (2) LED's.
Anyone know what to check? (Besides the LED's being bad which is not likely as they are both out).

#10582 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Anyone know what to check?

12 volts DC at the sockets ? Spotlights working ?

LTG : )

#10583 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Anyone know what to check?

Page D-171 in the manual. On the I/O board fuse F713 and F714

#10584 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I noticed tonight that both my coin slot LED's are not lighting up. Not sure if they have ever lighted up

Take one out and turn it 180 degrees and plug it back in.

#10585 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

12 volts DC at the sockets ? Spotlights working ?

yep..spotlights work..

#10586 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page D-171 in the manual. On the I/O board fuse F713 and F714

Will check.. thanks..is there any other bulbs on that same circuit? I only see one spot lite in the game? and it's on but its sorta flickering.

#10587 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

is there any other bulbs on that same circuit? I only see one spot lite in the game? and it's on but its sorta flickering.

Coin door lights.

Sounds like a weak, flaky, or broken connection.

#10588 3 years ago

A little help please. Can someone tell me when the ball is supposed to be briefly held in the theater and then flip into the pop bumpers? Is it only in a particular mode that action occurs? On my game I now have the theater magnet passing all tests and I can get the ball to briefly hold and then shudder on the theater magnet and then flow into the pops when the delay is set at -200 and when it is in test mode. But I do not see that happen in actual game play. It either goes 'stdm' or passes quickly into the pops without any 'shudder' or 'fling' movement happening.Also, I do not see the magnet holding the ball briefly. Is it supposed to? I reviewed the DI game flow chart but I can't find an answer there so maybe someone knows what is supposed to occur? Thanks for any help offered.

#10589 3 years ago

I checked out a Dialed In LE today and am considering buying it. The first thing I notice with this specific pin was they flipper strength was weak and we turned it up to 30. I can't imagine this is normal. For example, a flip from the left flipper just barely got the ball up the left ramp and a few times it did not. So, I guess it could be the coil, but has anyone else experienced this?

As well, can you use sterns recent flipper assemblies on JJP or is it Williams or Bally?

Thanks...

#10590 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

For example, a flip from the left flipper just barely got the ball up the left ramp and a few times it did not.

Are you trying to backhand the left ramp? I can’t do that.

#10591 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Are you trying to backhand the left ramp? I can’t do that.

Yes, back hand, the flipper is too weak for that?

#10592 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

Yes, back hand, the flipper is too weak for that?

I’ve never been able to backhand that shot. I’ve heard passing reference that others have, but I don’t think it is normal to be able to do that.

#10593 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I’ve never been able to backhand that shot. I’ve heard passing reference that others have, but I don’t think it is normal to be able to do that.

You can backhand that ramp on mine but it has to be a perfect shot, it's easy to post pass, so there is no reason to backhand the ramp really.

I'd also check to see if the game is on the latest code, I had a problem with inconsistent coil strength on one of the code updates.

#10594 3 years ago
Quoted from Animal:

I checked out a Dialed In LE today and am considering buying it. The first thing I notice with this specific pin was they flipper strength was weak and we turned it up to 30. I can't imagine this is normal. For example, a flip from the left flipper just barely got the ball up the left ramp and a few times it did not. So, I guess it could be the coil, but has anyone else experienced this?
As well, can you use sterns recent flipper assemblies on JJP or is it Williams or Bally?
Thanks...

Bally/Williams flipper mechs which is good news, since the coil stops don't fall apart after a month like Stern coil stops.

#10595 3 years ago

Someone needs to post a video of backhanding the left ramp because I just don’t believe it.

#10596 3 years ago

#10597 3 years ago

There it is!

#10598 3 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Bally/Williams flipper mechs which is good news, since the coil stops don't fall apart after a month like Stern coil stops.

Thanks for the intel.

#10599 3 years ago

Hmmm. Seems doctored.

Just kidding. I have to try this some more. I’m pretty sure it’s impossible on mine.

#10600 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Hmmm. Seems doctored.
Just kidding. I have to try this some more. I’m pretty sure it’s impossible on mine.

What slope is your playfield at? Mine is around 6.5, and it just makes it up there if you hit it perfect. At 7 degrees it may not make it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 212 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/212?hl=kc_green and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.