IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 273.
#10501 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Using your thinking it would easier to just sell the game...are you serious? I said it is a great mod. I was simply sharing what for me is an upgrade. Use it or lose it; your choice. Isn't PINSIDE great ???

Easier to sell your game? Bizarre response.

You said the Mezel mod (https://mezelmods.com/products/dialed-in-pinball-crazy-bobs-sign-illumination-kit) "was just a bit too bright for my tastes with too much light emitting from it's top". If it's too bright, why add the mod? Just because you spent $26 on something means it was a smart decision.

#10502 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Great score! Hopefully in a home environment we won’t see much wear over the years.

For the phone scoop, I think we will be ok. The SIM card hole is a different story...it is notorious for getting chipped without protection. I found out the hard way when I first got the game https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/33#post-4080509

#10503 3 years ago

Let's get back to complaining about the phone scoop guys. I will take off my factory protector tonight and give it go.

edit: For the sim card hole I added pads and smaller posts as suggested. It's not perfect but It's not worth complaining.

#10504 3 years ago

I'm going to take off the scoop cliffy likely this week, and I'm going to cut a piece of mylar to surround the scoop and cover the distance the ball flies out. I'm going to take a look at the Sim hole as well for mylar.

#10505 3 years ago

I have mine for about 18 months and there is no wear at all, all scoops are perfect (with cliffy‘s). Only the playfield protector has many many fine scratches - but that’s the reason for a protector...

#10506 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I must be missing something because I don't think I have any problems with my phone nor sim card protectors.

Dude... you're good. My phone scoop has given me ZERO problems and the only issue I had in my sim card was it started to curl up. I took it off, it caused damage right away, and I promptly put cliffy's back on. If you don't have issues, ignore everyone else. It isn't a universal issue.

#10507 3 years ago

Moving target error switch stuck closed.
Would this mean opto switch?
Target switch is open.

0C5C174D-7046-4541-AAF8-73D50913B061 (resized).jpeg0C5C174D-7046-4541-AAF8-73D50913B061 (resized).jpeg
#10508 3 years ago

Yes, that's the opto that registers when the qed guy moves all the way to the right.

#10509 3 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Moving target error switch stuck closed.
Would this mean opto switch?
Target switch is open.
[quoted image]

Don’t know for sure, but my guess is that just means that your target hasn’t left that side in, well, forever, so it thinks it’s stuck closed. In switch test, when you hit the target, does it register?

#10510 3 years ago

Okay. I just took off the factory protector. It’s way better now. I added some Mylar.

The angled flaps on the factory protector , or any for that matter are causing the issues imo. Too much rattle. If the scoop was not angled, I’m sure the mantis would work perfect.

07481C82-936D-4BAE-AA67-83E4C2B4F563 (resized).jpeg07481C82-936D-4BAE-AA67-83E4C2B4F563 (resized).jpeg090F2024-1374-45F8-8135-87C513B54051 (resized).jpeg090F2024-1374-45F8-8135-87C513B54051 (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10511 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Don’t know for sure, but my guess is that just means that your target hasn’t left that side in, well, forever, so it thinks it’s stuck closed. In switch test, when you hit the target, does it register?

Yes target registers.
Don’t think moving target has ever left home position all the way to the left.

#10512 3 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Okay. I just took off the factory protector. It’s way better now. I added some Mylar.
The angled flaps on the factory protector , or any for that matter are causing the issues imo. Too much rattle. If the scoop was not angled, I’m sure the mantis would work perfect.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think I’m going to jump on this train. I have a mantis and I just played a couple of games critically evaluating the phone scoop. So many rattle and bounce out rejects. I accepted it before as “difficult” but when I look at it up close, It’s like taking a golf hole and shrinking the diameter quite a bit.

#10513 3 years ago

DILE meets Wonka. Thanks for the help!

49D6841E-A3D2-4153-9C1C-7140295CB63D (resized).jpeg49D6841E-A3D2-4153-9C1C-7140295CB63D (resized).jpeg
#10514 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I think I’m going to jump on this train. I have a mantis and I just played a couple of games critically evaluating the phone scoop. So many rattle and bounce out rejects. I accepted it before as “difficult” but when I look at it up close, It’s like taking a golf hole and shrinking the diameter quite a bit.

You won't regret it...huge difference on mine. Like having a new game...the scoop is such a critical shot.

#10515 3 years ago

Any updates on JJP internet connectivity progress.

#10516 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

Any updates on JJP internet connectivity progress.

I responded to you in the Hobbit thread. Full BIG file update tested on Wonka last week. Working fine. Testing on the other JJP pins for full updates soon.

#10517 3 years ago

Does anyone have good links for Dialed in walkthroughs? Thank you. Love it so far! Very smooth shots.

#10518 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Does anyone have good links for Dialed in walkthroughs? Thank you. Love it so far! Very smooth shots.

Older code, but you get the idea

#10519 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I think I covered everything...

#10520 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I think I covered everything...

That's a great video...

#10521 3 years ago

Thank you both for the videos. Will watch.

#10522 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Thank you both for the videos. Will watch.

The Bowen’s one was pre- Quantum Theatre MB.

#10523 3 years ago
Quoted from dug:

That's a great video...

Thank you!!!

"I've got a new phone. It's better than yours. I've got a new phone. I don't know how to use it." -Dialed In main theme

#10524 3 years ago

I think I have tried to inquire before on this but no real responses.... on latest code... but are you a bit disappointed in the scoring rules of things like quantum theater multi ball? I “felt” like I shredded it- tons of jackpots, machine going nuts... but then look up and was only awarded 76000 points for the effort... I was like WTF.

Am I missing secret scoring rules in some of these multi balls? Cause I find them annoying from an award standpoint.

#10525 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I think I have tried to inquire before on this but no real responses.... on latest code... but are you a bit disappointed in the scoring rules of things like quantum theater multi ball? I “felt” like I shredded it- tons of jackpots, machine going nuts... but then look up and was only awarded 76000 points for the effort... I was like WTF.
Am I missing secret scoring rules in some of these multi balls? Cause I find them annoying from an award standpoint.

Your score is going to be dependent on how well you did with the qualifying modes since that determines point value of the shots in QTMB: drone captive ball, spider spinner, etc. Also, whether you were able to hold and carry over your scores for those modes via the skill shot. Finally, you need to get the super jackpots in QTMB by hitting each of the individual jackpots and then hitting the theatre.

It is not an easy mode.

#10526 3 years ago

A few guys are saying that their Mantis protectors are causing rejects, but I just wanted to put the word there that it does great in my game with no scoop wear. I've been using the protector for a couple years now on my game, and no protector in the SIM card hole. I have mylar around each hole.

I've been saying this on/off over the last few times the question of protectors comes up but wanted to let other folks know that it does work well (at least in some games) it sounds like YMMV.

#10527 3 years ago
Quoted from _OD_:

2. Loud hum in the audio. Fixed with PC ground loop isolator. Seemingly common problem.

I have loud hum issue.
Do you a part number & manufacture?
Where does it go? Pic?

Thanks

#10528 3 years ago

LTG isolated moving target problem to motor /gear box. Gear box doesn’t move. Took gear box apart motor is the issue.

Thoughts on where to buy replacement motor?

JJP sells gear box & motor for $75 other options?

#10529 3 years ago

Does anyone else experience the theater shot slowing down significantly, as though a fast moving ball slugs through a bit of mud and loses an unusual amount of velocity?

Sometimes it’s super fast, but most of the time it’s like it’s getting slugged through flypaper.

Suggestions on how to speed it up so it’s faster more consistently?

#10530 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Does anyone else experience the theater shot slowing down significantly, as though a fast moving ball slugs through a bit of mud and loses an unusual amount of velocity?
Sometimes it’s super fast, but most of the time it’s like it’s getting slugged through flypaper.
Suggestions on how to speed it up so it’s faster more consistently?

Have you removed the Mylar over the magnet core as is instructed in one of the key posts in this thread? If not, it may be bubbled or shredded, causing your ball to slow down.

#10531 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Have you removed the Mylar over the magnet core as is instructed in one of the key posts in this thread? If not, it may be bubbled or shredded, causing your ball to slow down.

DOH! Thank you. Just did... much better. Was kinda shredded.

#10532 3 years ago

I decided to pull the Mantis. There is mylar protecting the top. If it starts to wear I'll re-evaluate. I'm looking forward to making that stupid shot!

I noticed the game is super dirty. I'm the 2nd owner. I can typically do a shop job on a modern Stern in about 4 hours. Basic cleaning, rubber, flipper rebuild etc. How bad is this one? Is this remove a few large assemblies and it's not that bad, or a maze that has to go together in a certain order? I'd like to tackle it this weekend, but I don't want it to take up the entire weekend. Ha!

#10533 3 years ago
Quoted from Shredso:

I decided to pull the Mantis. There is mylar protecting the top. If it starts to wear I'll re-evaluate. I'm looking forward to making that stupid shot!
I noticed the game is super dirty. I'm the 2nd owner. I can typically do a shop job on a modern Stern in about 4 hours. Basic cleaning, rubber, flipper rebuild etc. How bad is this one? Is this remove a few large assemblies and it's not that bad, or a maze that has to go together in a certain order? I'd like to tackle it this weekend, but I don't want it to take up the entire weekend. Ha!

I have a Mantis protector I have been procrastinating to put in. I don't have any wear but curious if it effects ball dropping into the scoop?

#10534 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I have a Mantis protector I have been procrastinating to put in. I don't have any wear but curious if it effects ball dropping into the scoop?

I swapped the cliffy for a Mantis and couldn't be happier. Still get occasional rejects, but think those would be rejected anyway. A really hard shot has to be more accurate than a soft shot. Just like his scoop on TAF, TZ, Monopoly or so many others.

#10535 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I think either mounting soot or angle varies from model to model. It effected my game a lot by adding the protector.

Quoted from Crile1:

I swapped the cliffy for a Mantis and couldn't be happier. Still get occasional rejects, but think those would be rejected anyway. A really hard shot has to be more accurate than a soft shot. Just like his scoop on TAF, TZ, Monopoly or so many others.

I found the opposite, I could only consistently make the scoop with a light backhand. I lowered the flipper power and got less rejects as well. Like I said, I think there is a real inconsistency game to game.

#10536 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

Yes, it effects the ball dropping. My scores have been much higher and the games are far less frustrating without it (considering the importance of nailing this shoot). I'm a big fan of both Cliffy & Mantis protectors, but some titles just don't play great with protection.

#10537 3 years ago

Love my dialed in. But my kids aren’t into it. What game would you ever consider swapping it for? My head keeps going to either Monster Bash remake, Batman 66 or Deadpool. As mega DI fans, what do you all think?

I know MB is simple but it is super fun and beautiful. Batman is funky but I guess the code and experience is cool, and I love Deadpool as it’s fun. But DI... its a real players machine.

#10538 3 years ago

It took me a while, but I finally made it to Chaos in Quantum City (twice now in 2 days).

Am I the only one who thinks the scoring is unbalanced in such a frenetic mode? Keeping all 5 of those balls going for a few minutes makes me think I'm going to look up and see my score substantially increased, but the best of my 2 attempts was barely over 100k for that mode.

#10539 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

Love my dialed in. But my kids aren’t into it. What game would you ever consider swapping it for?

Lucky for you (at least on this topic-thread) we are mostly friendly! I cannot imagine the responses you'd get if you dropped into, say, a Corvette thread and asked for better choices!

I'd need to know why your kids aren't into it in order to offer a suggestion. Clearly they don't appreciate amazing flow, amazing toys, simple to play but deep rules.

I'm guessing they are tied to a theme?

#10540 3 years ago
Quoted from parsonsaj:

It took me a while, but I finally made it to Chaos in Quantum City (twice now in 2 days).
Am I the only one who thinks the scoring is unbalanced in such a frenetic mode? Keeping all 5 of those balls going for a few minutes makes me think I'm going to look up and see my score substantially increased, but the best of my 2 attempts was barely over 100k for that mode.

100% agree. You are making the game sing, the energy is high, and the point values don’t correlate and it’s a huge disappointment. It’s like why even play the mode aside from the experience? It’s not particularly valuable. It’s my biggest beef with the game. The other multiballs are similar. “Oh great, my super jackpot is worth 7,500 (or whatever). Big woop.

#10541 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Lucky for you (at least on this topic-thread) we are mostly friendly! I cannot imagine the responses you'd get if you dropped into, say, a Corvette thread and asked for better choices!
I'd need to know why your kids aren't into it in order to offer a suggestion. Clearly they don't appreciate amazing flow, amazing toys, simple to play but deep rules.
I'm guessing they are tied to a theme?

It’s a good question. Could be theme. But I think for them it’s just not as rewarding or satisfying. More frustrating.

#10542 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

100% agree. You are making the game sing, the energy is high, and the point values don’t correlate and it’s a huge disappointment. It’s like why even play the mode aside from the experience? It’s not particularly valuable. It’s my biggest beef with the game. The other multiballs are similar. “Oh great, my super jackpot is worth 7,500 (or whatever). Big woop.

You need to score a bunch of regular jackpots and then nail a super jackpot (I think it's the side ramp? Can't remember). I've had huge scores in chaos MB and it would be imbalanced the other way if they raised it. Just think ramps. Right flipper, left ramp, left flipper right ramp. Nail the side ramp when you can. When you're down to two balls, you can play somewhat controlled, even with the attacks. I can't recall exactly, but I think I've nailed around 15 jackpots for scores in the 2-300k range. Don't quote me as I don't memorize as I play, but they were big scores. If you dump them all right away with only a few jackpots (has happened to me many, many times), you get a well-deserved participation award.

#10543 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

You need to score a bunch of regular jackpots and then nail a super jackpot (I think it's the side ramp? Can't remember). I've had huge scores in chaos MB and it would be imbalanced the other way if they raised it. Just think ramps. Right flipper, left ramp, left flipper right ramp. Nail the side ramp when you can. When you're down to two balls, you can play somewhat controlled, even with the attacks. I can't recall exactly, but I think I've nailed around 15 jackpots for scores in the 2-300k range. Don't quote me as I don't memorize as I play, but they were big scores. If you dump them all right away with only a few jackpots (has happened to me many, many times), you get a well-deserved participation award.

Not quite sold. . If I'm making the game sing, and hitting regular jackpots, then super jackpots, and to your point... getting 200k to 300k in points for THAT many jackpots... that's trash IMO. That's BARELY more than you get for completing a mode... big whoop... 15 jackpots in a relatively infrequent multiball awarding a total of 300k tops... and more likely 70k to 200k... big woop! Not impressed. gimme a million. differentiate the score a bit. My scores RAPIDLY converge with peak limit of 2.3m. And those are RARE.

#10544 3 years ago

How do you solve the science project for removing the mantis protector? I

113824F8-96E1-48A1-8A11-3DB24889B13F (resized).jpeg113824F8-96E1-48A1-8A11-3DB24889B13F (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10545 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

How do you solve the science project for removing the mantis protector? I
[quoted image][quoted image]

It's probably the clear plastic subway that is holding you up, at least that's what it was for me last night for 20 minutes. Ha!

#10546 3 years ago

20 minutes. You are a BEAST. 2 hours for me.

6D539BC0-16B0-4C5B-8BA2-C2D9FA83073B (resized).jpeg6D539BC0-16B0-4C5B-8BA2-C2D9FA83073B (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#10547 3 years ago

The recent discussion has me considering removing my cliffys from the phone scoop and Sim hole. I get a lot of phone rejects, and I'd be hopeful I may be able to hit a direct Sim shot on occasion. If I put mylar down at the Sim hole, would that prevent chipping?

#10548 3 years ago

Edit: After a little digging I think I need 3 of these to get 6GB. No idea where the other 2 are and the mobo only has 2 slots. Oh well.

Computer question- I went to install 2 4GB sticks or RAM I had hanging around. Unfortunately they were DDR4. I did some digging and found another stick. Is says DDR 1600Mhz 6GB, so this should be an upgrade, correct? First picture is the factory installed, second is the one in question. Any thoughts?

2020-05-30 12.24.31 (resized).jpg2020-05-30 12.24.31 (resized).jpg2020-05-30 12.36.02 (resized).jpg2020-05-30 12.36.02 (resized).jpg

#10549 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

DILE meets Wonka. Thanks for the help!
[quoted image]

Nice line up..
Here’s mine! Love the way the two compliment each other.

913A4638-5DA6-4D51-B51F-7F71FE59E6B9 (resized).jpeg913A4638-5DA6-4D51-B51F-7F71FE59E6B9 (resized).jpeg
#10550 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

It’s a good question. Could be theme. But I think for them it’s just not as rewarding or satisfying. More frustrating.

Do they know the basic rules? Hit QED to charge phone, make phone scoop to start the mode?

Taking the phone scoop off was the best thing I did! Takes a lot of frustration out of the game..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios
Other
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
8,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
Protection
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball
Electronics
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
10,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
Flipper Parts
FlipMods
Flipper parts
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 22.50
Magazines/books
Pinball Magazine
Magazines/books
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Electronics
Skillshot Combo
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 211 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/211?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.