IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 273.
#10451 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I forgot the previous owner added these foam strips to the back and top of the Sim card scoop. They have always been there since I’ve owned the game so I can’t comment on whether they have helped.
Sorry for the upside down picture.
[quoted image]

Does it at least seem to help with rejects? I was tempted to do something like this myself.

#10452 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I did the back cover on a fleece blanket.[quoted image]

I bet that NASCAR is nervous with the next JJP game release.

#10453 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Here ya go.
[quoted image]

looks like the protective plastic is still on that.

#10454 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Does it at least seem to help with rejects? I was tempted to do something like this myself.

Still the odd reject, but nothing like when I had the Cliffy and the Mantis protector.

#10455 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

looks like the protective plastic is still on that.

That is possible, came on the game and I never looked at it close. Thanks for the tip.

#10456 3 years ago

I picked up a NIB DILE last year. Here are my top 3 issues that required fixing right out of the box:

1. The betty diverter was sticky would usually not lower all the way down. I took the assembly apart and found that JJP had added 2 springs on the plunger rod in the solenoid. Took a few attempts but I adding a third spring fixed it.
2. Loud hum in the audio. Fixed with PC ground loop isolator. Seemingly common problem.
3. Skill shot kicker not working. Would not award skill shot and often performed ball search if ball landed behind theater. Switch was working fine BUT it was not registering when ball was resting against kicker. I fabricated a slightly longer wireform for the switch. Maybe there is an adjustment for the kicker? Anyway working fine now with new switch wireform.

Quoted from Noma2017:

I am getting DILE NIB. Can someone please post a checklist of items to review/look for when I first power up the machine?

#10457 3 years ago
Quoted from _OD_:

I picked up a NIB DILE last year. Here are my top 3 issues that required fixing right out of the box:
1. The betty diverter was sticky would usually not lower all the way down. I took the assembly apart and found that JJP had added 2 springs on the plunger rod in the solenoid. Took a few attempts but I adding a third spring fixed it.
2. Loud hum in the audio. Fixed with PC ground loop isolator. Seemingly common problem.
3. Skill shot kicker not working. Would not award skill shot and often performed ball search if ball landed behind theater. Switch was working fine BUT it was not registering when ball was resting against kicker. I fabricated a slightly longer wireform for the switch. Maybe there is an adjustment for the kicker? Anyway working fine now with new switch wireform.

1. Never experienced this.
2. Yep.
3. Yep. For me, the kicker wasn't sitting all the way back, and therefore didn't allow the ball to roll over the switch fully. It was just a hair off. I just grabbed the kicked and gently bent it back into place.

My phone also died. JJP sent a new one and didn't charge me for it just as long as I sent the old one back. I've had the new phone for about a year and it's shut off on me about 2-3 times. I have no idea why this is even a thing...

#10458 3 years ago

I had the phone shut off once in 300 games.

#10459 3 years ago
Quoted from ThePinballCo-op:

All the SWEET JJP games and then anchored by Nascar. Did you just not want anybody playing on that side of Wonka?

It's reserving a spot for GNR.

My friend is paralyzed in his left arm, loves NASCAR, works for Roush. He puts his left foot on a short stool and uses his left knee for the left flipper. Since this is one of his favorite themes and games, it gives him a little more room at the end of the row.

He'll have to make do once GNR arrives though.

I wish I could get the phone app to work for him on my DILE. It has issues.

#10460 3 years ago

My game I picked up is on 1.57. Is there anything special I need to do to update the code? This is my first JJP so don't want to screw anything up.

A couple things I've noticed is the drones didn't work in test mode, but if I manually moved them they would start for a bit and then stop. I did see one move once during the game so, but thats about it. I also had one game where all LCD screens went off but everything else was still functioning. I shut off and then rebooted and it was fine. I'll probably check connections this evening, but want to make sure this isn't something to look out for. I'm glad I held out to get this game. I'm loving it and this is the first time i've been able to hear the audio when playing.

#10461 3 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

Is there anything special I need to do to update the code?

Follow the directions carefully.

https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/ go to Downloads - Dialed in.

You need to do two different downloads to update your game.

First - Full Install to 1.60

Second - Delta Update to 1.73

Downloads and instructions are on the website under Downloads - Dialed In for both different versions.

Use 1 USB stick 8GB to 16GB, nothing else on it for either one.

And please read the instructions and follow carefully and you'll do fine.

LTG : )

#10462 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Follow the directions carefully.
https://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/support/ go to Downloads - Dialed in.
You need to do two different downloads to update your game.
First - Full Install to 1.60
Second - Delta Update to 1.73
Downloads and instructions are on the website under Downloads - Dialed In for both different versions.
Use 1 USB stick 8GB to 16GB, nothing else on it for either one.
And please read the instructions and follow carefully and you'll do fine.

Thanks so much! I'll update tonight.

#10463 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Added this to mine and I get super fast returns now...
[quoted image]

This is a really great idea. I used a paper clip and did the same on mine and now my left drops are much better. Night and day and it blends in pretty well!

20200520_212127 (resized).jpg20200520_212127 (resized).jpg20200520_212132 (resized).jpg20200520_212132 (resized).jpg

#10464 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

This is a really great idea. I used a paper clip and did the same on mine and now my left drops are much better. Night and day and it blends in pretty well!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Awesome ... glad to help... I like it better than the huge jjp plastic alternative.... plus this feeds the inlane faster

#10465 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Mine doesn’t do that. But it must just be a ball speed thing. Too fast, and it bounces back, which is why I wondered if the pitch might have something to do with it.

Exactly,the ramp return can be super fast with a clean shot

#10466 3 years ago

It is important to have a smooth return. For instance, on Flash Fires, my method is to hit the left ramp and then hold the left flipper up on the return. The ball rolls down the wireform, down the return lane, up the left flipper, across the middle, and nicely over to the right flipper, setting up a somewhat easy shot at the BOB targets. Then, repeat.

#10467 3 years ago

I’ve owned this game for over a year now and I just noticed Schrodingers Cash

Hilarious...

#10468 3 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I’ve owned this game for over a year now and I just noticed Schrodingers Cash
Hilarious...

?

#10469 3 years ago

Man, I feel bad for you guys. Rejects at the phone scoop and adding paper clips and what not. Mine plays so effing well. Hang in there pin bros.

#10470 3 years ago

Take a look at the lottery ticket next time you get lottery frenzy.

#10471 3 years ago

There’s lots of physics puns in the game. The designers have good humor.

#10472 3 years ago

We joined the club! Our first pinball machine: Dialed In LE. One month in and we're liking it more and more. Finding the shots, discovering new modes, new high scores with selfies...it has been a family fun endeavor. The kids love the toys & tech. My wife has played it everyday since we took it out of the box.
It did take some tweaking and troubleshooting early on (ball getting stuck in spots, Betty's arm not moving), but JJP support was very responsive and good to work with.
To quote my daughter after the magnet-attack EMP mode: "Wow!! This game is neat!"

IMG_4331 V3.jpgIMG_4331 V3.jpgIMG_4345 V3.jpgIMG_4345 V3.jpg
#10473 3 years ago

New DILE owner with couple of issues.
First JJP pin 2nd owner

Moving target doesn’t move in test mode. Screws are tight..
Voltage meter used to measure voltage at motor during test mode. No DC voltage present . According to original owner it never worked out of box.

Second thing is additional connectors not used, see pictures

Guessing blue would go to led strip for
Back glass

Thoughts?
Thanks in advance

09F96748-B2C4-4A0E-BB1E-3F2388691100 (resized).jpeg09F96748-B2C4-4A0E-BB1E-3F2388691100 (resized).jpeg98313EFD-5EC1-43F8-81C5-385E8CEADF91 (resized).jpeg98313EFD-5EC1-43F8-81C5-385E8CEADF91 (resized).jpeg
#10474 3 years ago

Hey everyone, with regards to the speaker buzz, when installing the ground loop isolator, you can just install it on the green speaker out port behind the backbox. No need to take anything else off. Works great!

#10475 3 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

New DILE owner with couple of issues.
First JJP pin 2nd owner
Moving target doesn’t move in test mode. Screws are tight..
Voltage meter used to measure voltage at motor during test mode. No DC voltage present . According to original owner it never worked out of box.
Second thing is additional connectors not used, see pictures
Guessing blue would go to led strip for
Back glass
Thoughts?
Thanks in advance

When I got my DI NIB, the moving target didn’t work either. Turns out, one of the connectors was unplugged in the back box. Not sure how it left the factory that way, but stuff happens. So, first before anything, check your connectors both in the back box and under the playfield.

#10476 3 years ago

I have extra connectors not connected to anything. Shown in pics

Can you compare your connectors to mine shown in pictures?

#10477 3 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

I have extra connectors not connected to anything. Shown in pics
Can you compare your connectors to mine shown in pictures?

I had a much larger connector disconnected from the pins in the back box. LTG can probably tell you better than I if those connectors in you picture are related. If he doesn’t weigh in, I’ll probably be able to take a look for you tomorrow.

#10478 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

ltg can probably tell you better

Sorry. Big day cleaning, I'm too tired to think.

Quoted from Nokoro:

I had a much larger connector disconnected from the pins in the back box.

Check there first. Don't worry about the other connectors.

#10479 3 years ago

Appreciate pics of connectors when you get a chance.

Don’t want to connect connectors by guessing.

Everything on moving target underneath PF is connected

#10480 3 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Appreciate pics of connectors when you get a chance.
Don’t want to connect connectors by guessing.
Everything on moving target underneath PF is connected

I can look tomorrow, but it would be obvious. There would be a whole row of pins on the board missing a large molex connector, and a connector hanging right next to them with the exact number of wires. See anything like that?

#10481 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

I can look tomorrow, but it would be obvious. There would be a whole row of pins on the board missing a large molex connector, and a connector hanging right next to them with the exact number of wires. See anything like that?

Manual here if Madmax541 needs it - http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/DI_Manual%203_3%20November%202018.pdf

Page D-103 I/O board connector placement
Page D-104 Connector info - pinouts - wire colors

J109 is the connector on the I/O board to see if it's loose or off.

#10482 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Took me nearly a year of constant rejection before I got to see a naked phone scoop.

I installed the Mantis protector a couple years ago and it's still a PITA. Usually, the Mantis protectors don't effect gameplay. I think the large bevel in the phone scoop must effect it...who knows.

Your experience is motivating me to go naked. The rejects are miserable. Just dread fiddling with it again, though I should have to mess with the posts. I did this with my KISS VUK and it totally opened up the game. The KISS scoop is really tight.

#10483 3 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Manual here if Madmax541 needs it - http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/DI_Manual%203_3%20November%202018.pdf
Page D-103 I/O board connector placement
Page D-104 Connector info - pinouts - wire colors
J109 is the connector on the I/O board to see if it's loose or off.

Everything is wired correctly.
How do I go about verify relay?
Have the relay been much of problem on DI

#10484 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I installed the Mantis protector a couple years ago and it's still a PITA. Usually, the Mantis protectors don't effect gameplay. I think the large bevel in the phone scoop must effect it...who knows.
Your experience is motivating me to go naked. The rejects are miserable. Just dread fiddling with it again, though I should have to mess with the posts. I did this with my KISS VUK and it totally opened up the game. The KISS scoop is really tight.

I'm in the same boat. So tempting...

#10485 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

You won’t regret removing, the game plays like it’s supposed to now.

#10486 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

You won’t regret removing, the game plays like it’s supposed to now.

Just removed it...not too bad. Only played a couple games, but definitely notice a difference! Recently, I could get 5 rejects in a row, which makes you want to turn the game off I think the lips of the mantis (which are quite thick and cover the left/right bezel) caused the rejects. Most mantis protectors don't have the lips.

#10487 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

A troublesome albeit fixable issue is the left orbit trap door. It is under the ramp, so you'll have to sorta lean over to check it out. This loves to stay up if you dont have any proper lubrication on it. Would be hard to spot that it isn't working correctly to the laymen, but know that it should always be down unless something is lit there (which isn't often). If you shoot the left orbit and it diverts without awarding you something, that's an issue.
Honestly beyond that, there isn't a ton. Maybe check that all the lights around the phone work. I have found this game to be pretty light on maintenance.

Getting my NIB DILE tomorrow. I am going to let the delivery guys set it up next to Wonka and most likely won’t try it until after they leave.
Besides asking them to make sure the trap door closes properly and the lights around the phone function, is there anything else I should ask them to check during setup? Thanks and can’t wait to play it. Hope it doesn’t take too much time away from Wonka!

#10488 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just removed it...not too bad. Only played a couple games, but definitely notice a difference! Recently, I could get 5 rejects in a row, which makes you want to turn the game off I think the lips of the mantis (which are quite thick and cover the left/right bezel) caused the rejects. Most mantis protectors don't have the lips.

You could move the phone scoop back. I doubt it was the mantis protector causing rejects. As documented in the thread, some phone scoops are a bit too forward so the upright vertical supports of the phone hit the pinball, rejecting it, on shots that really look like they should have gone in. Its not hard to move the phone scoop back, would be easy to do it when you put your mantis back on (which I would...you already bought it and might as well have the protection). You'll eliminate rejects by moving the scoop back.

#10489 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

You could move the phone scoop back. I doubt it was the mantis protector causing rejects. As documented in the thread, some phone scoops are a bit too forward so the upright vertical supports of the phone hit the pinball, rejecting it, on shots that really look like they should have gone in. Its not hard to move the phone scoop back, would be easy to do it when you put your mantis back on (which I would...you already bought it and might as well have the protection). You'll eliminate rejects by moving the scoop back.

My phone scoop is already pretty far back...way behind the 2 posts. My money is on the mantis.

IMG_1607 (resized).jpegIMG_1607 (resized).jpegIMG_1610 (resized).jpegIMG_1610 (resized).jpeg
#10490 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

My phone scoop is already pretty far back...way behind the 2 posts. My money is on the mantis.

Yeah....hmm..that does look decently far back...

#10491 3 years ago

Crazy the variances between the phone scoop... I've never had a issue with mine and cliffys . Seems like a combination of scoop depth, different posts that were used and type of protector. I have a early dile with a different right side post and cliffys I bought directly from cliffy. Also have a mantis I am eventually gonna put on as the cliffy gets beat up and twisted. .

#10492 3 years ago

I must be missing something because I don't think I have any problems with my phone nor sim card protectors. What should I be looking for or, maybe I got lucky with my game (NIB 2 months ago)? Anyway, I want to share a simple modification that I made to the "Bob's Illuminated Sign" mod that I got from Mezel Mods. It is a great Mod but it was just a bit too bright for my tastes with too much light emitting from it's top. It kind of blinded me if I looked at it whilst playing the game. To cure that, I fabricated some spacers that I siliconed onto the mod's plastic framing pieces and then I also siliconed a piece of foam core board onto them. It was easy to do and it works great for me. Just FYI.

20200525_083517.jpg20200525_083517.jpg

#10493 3 years ago
Quoted from Madmax541:

Everything is wired correctly.
How do I go about verify relay?
Have the relay been much of problem on DI

Just FYI the extra connectors you showed in your pics have nothing to do with your issue. Nobody addressed that so I thought I'd verify it for you.

You say "everything is wired correctly" and I believe you, but did you put your hands on the connectors and firmly push on each one? Just make sure there is no gap or that they are crooked or anything.

If it's supposedly never worked before, I would assume it would have to be in the connections first. Just make sure you 100% rule that out before you continue. I got a NIB pin and I also had something that didn't work. I looked at my connections and everything was connected. I then found out that one connector was just slightly hanging on. I pushed it in and voila, it worked.

#10494 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I must be missing something because I don't think I have any problems with my phone nor sim card protectors. What should I be looking for or, maybe I got lucky with my game (NIB 2 months ago)?

I'm also not experiencing this and I too have a later build.

#10495 3 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah....hmm..that does look decently far back...

The 3rd game after removing the Mantis protector resulted in getting my best score to date (of 270 games played). I've been playing more than usual with the pandemic and haven't made the board in quite awhile (after frustration with all the bricked scoop shots).

From my perspective, Indusguys nailed it. If I didn't see his post and testimonial, I wouldn't have removed the Mantis (which I've had great luck with on other games).

IMG_1611 (resized).jpegIMG_1611 (resized).jpeg

#10496 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I must be missing something because I don't think I have any problems with my phone nor sim card protectors. What should I be looking for or, maybe I got lucky with my game (NIB 2 months ago)? Anyway, I want to share a simple modification that I made to the "Bob's Illuminated Sign" mod that I got from Mezel Mods. It is a great Mod but it was just a bit too bright for my tastes with too much light emitting from it's top. It kind of blinded me if I looked at it whilst playing the game. To cure that, I fabricated some spacers that I siliconed onto the mod's plastic framing pieces and then I also siliconed a piece of foam core board onto them. It was easy to do and it works great for me. Just FYI.
[quoted image]

If the light of the Mezel mod was blinding you, isn't the simplest solution to remove the Mezel mod light?

#10497 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The 3rd game after removing the Mantis protector resulted in getting my best score to date (of 270 games played). I've been playing more than usual with the pandemic and haven't made the board in quite awhile (after frustration with all the bricked scoop shots).
From my perspective, indusguys nailed it. If I didn't see his post and testimonial, I wouldn't have removed the Mantis (which I've had great luck with on other games).
[quoted image]

What is the Mantis protector? If I am having a DILE installed tomorrow should I have the installers remove it during installation?

#10498 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

What is the Mantis protector? If I am having a DILE installed tomorrow should I have the installers remove it during installation?

https://mantispinball.com/product/dialed-in-phone-scoop-protector/

If your game is NIB, it doesn't have the Mantis protector.

I wouldn't do anything until you've played the game...each game has different stuff to dial in

#10499 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

If the light of the Mezel mod was blinding you, isn't the simplest solution to remove the Mezel mod light?

Using your thinking it would easier to just sell the game...are you serious? I said it is a great mod. I was simply sharing what for me is an upgrade. Use it or lose it; your choice. Isn't PINSIDE great ???

#10500 3 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

From my perspective, indusguys nailed it. If I didn't see his post and testimonial, I wouldn't have removed the Mantis (which I've had great luck with on other games).
[quoted image]

Great score! Hopefully in a home environment we won’t see much wear over the years.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball
Boards
There are 13,611 posts in this topic. You are on page 210 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/210?hl=skipnatty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.