IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 273.
#10401 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I’ve decided. Pinheads who don’t like DI are stupid and can’t be trusted. Yes. It’s that big of a flaw in judgement. Tired of the hate narrative that still persists in a machine that is arguably the GOAT.
Partially kidding of course.

But I HATE emojis! Ugh. I'm surprised elephants didn't fit into DI's tight theme.
Game shoots very well, it's a great game. But it should have shipped with the Matrix theme.
mitt-phone2 (resized).jpgmitt-phone2 (resized).jpg

#10402 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

But I HATE emojis! Ugh. I'm surprised elephants didn't fit into DI's tight theme.
Game shoots very well, it's a great game. But it should have shipped with the Matrix theme.
[quoted image]

The Matrix, but you can't have the rights to any of the actors except the guy that played Tank. All you get would be soundtrack and hand drawn art that could fit any cyberpunk comic, but still has the matrix on the back glass.

Fuck that.

This is why licensed themes aren't always the end all be all. Obviously I'm still a little salty about JP's use of license. No license means you can do whatever you want.

#10403 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

The Matrix, but you can't have the rights to any of the actors except the guy that played Tank. All you get would be soundtrack and hand drawn art that could fit any cyberpunk comic, but still has the matrix on the back glass.
Fuck that.
This is why licensed themes aren't always the end all be all. Obviously I'm still a little salty about JP's use of license. No license means you can do whatever you want.

I'm fine with JJP licensed games and how they leveraged the theme. Could've been better in some cases, but it's good enough for me. DI is just a ridiculous mess. Unfortunately.

#10404 3 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

What is your game leveled at pitch-wise?

7.0 pitch

#10405 3 years ago
Quoted from holminone:

I’ve decided. Pinheads who don’t like DI are stupid and can’t be trusted. Yes. It’s that big of a flaw in judgement. Tired of the hate narrative that still persists in a machine that is arguably the GOAT.
Partially kidding of course.

I don't think DI is the GOAT, but when I hear comments from folks like the SDTM cast say things along the lines "theme is the only thing that matters, and DI's theme sucks" I have to wonder how many newbies think like that. I don't buy a game because I like the movie or whatever; it can get me interested in a game, but I'm not getting out my wallet based on that.

If I like Star Wars, I can watch the movies, play video games, dress up and nerd out with fans, whatever. If you bring me a SW pinball, it better be a good pinball game, as I am a pinball fan. Not some Rando who stumbled into a retail outlet with 6K to drop on a the first game he or she sees.

It could be the "Rando's" are way more of the market than informed pinball fans; if so I am glad we are getting games that are as good as they have been lately. Not every game has been "the best game ever" but when I look at what has been released over the last several years we are pretty lucky!

Even DI being released is a minor miracle.

#10406 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

I don't think DI is the GOAT, but when I hear comments from folks like the SDTM cast say things along the lines "theme is the only thing that matters, and DI's theme sucks" I have to wonder how many newbies think like that. I don't buy a game because I like the movie or whatever; it can get me interested in a game, but I'm not getting out my wallet based on that.
If I like Star Wars, I can watch the movies, play video games, dress up and nerd out with fans, whatever. If you bring me a SW pinball, it better be a good pinball game, as I am a pinball fan. Not some Rando who stumbled into a retail outlet with 6K to drop on a the first game he or she sees.
It could be the "Rando's" are way more of the market than informed pinball fans; if so I am glad we are getting games that are as good as they have been lately. Not every game has been "the best game ever" but when I look at what has been released over the last several years we are pretty lucky!
Even DI being released is a minor miracle.

Personally, the reason I seem so angry about DI's theme is it's SUPER goofy and random. It's a great game. It deserved better.

#10407 3 years ago

Occasionally the return on the ramp back to the left in lane hits against the metal and goes backward and then goes through. Not out but I wish it would always just go through the hole in the ramp and out cleanly.

Does anyone else experience this?

#10408 3 years ago

Ok can anyone explain to me how the selfies work on DI? I know it takes your pic once you enter your name/initials, but after having it for just a week or so, it seems to use the same pic for player one no matter what name. Is this normal? Or am I missing a setting or something that controls this? I’m running code 1.73 btw

#10409 3 years ago
Quoted from DarthFett72:

Ok can anyone explain to me how the selfies work on DI? I know it takes your pic once you enter your name/initials, but after having it for just a week or so, it seems to use the same pic for player one no matter what name. Is this normal? Or am I missing a setting or something that controls this? I’m running code 1.73 btw

I'd look at the camera test. A light in the background or other problems could cause this. But you may have it disabled in settings.

#10410 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

I'm fine with JJP licensed games and how they leveraged the theme. Could've been better in some cases, but it's good enough for me. DI is just a ridiculous mess. Unfortunately.

You're right, focusing on Nedry is what everyone wanted in a jurrasic park pinball theme.

#10411 3 years ago

I'm finally in the club. Picked up my LE today. I've been trying to get this game for a long time but it just never worked out.

#10412 3 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I'm finally in the club. Picked up my LE today. I've been trying to get this game for a long time but it just never worked out.

Your in for a treat... its amazing

#10413 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Occasionally the return on the ramp back to the left in lane hits against the metal and goes backward and then goes through. Not out but I wish it would always just go through the hole in the ramp and out cleanly.

Added this to mine and I get super fast returns now...
20200516_172116 (resized).jpg20200516_172116 (resized).jpg

#10414 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Added this to mine and I get super fast returns now...
[quoted image]

There is a plastic cover there on mine.

#10415 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Yep I decided mine works better... really feeds the inlane nice and fast

#10416 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Can you show a pic of this?

Not sure what I’m even looking at in the first pic. That metal piece that’s twisted?

#10417 3 years ago

Here ya go.

1EA1E2AB-7E17-4248-993D-D41CFF03AA03 (resized).jpeg1EA1E2AB-7E17-4248-993D-D41CFF03AA03 (resized).jpeg
#10418 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Can you show a pic of this?
Not sure what I’m even looking at in the first pic. That metal piece that’s twisted?

Contact JJP. They will send you one.

#10419 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Contact JJP. They will send you one.

Thanks but mine doesn’t fall off. In just looking for it to be a fast return always vs occasionally bounce back then drop

#10420 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Thanks but mine doesn’t fall off. In just looking for it to be a fast return always vs occasionally bounce back then drop

Oh, weird. So, yours hits the end of the wire form, bounces back a bit, and then travels back down and falls through the hole?

Perhaps play with your pitch and lower it a bit ....

#10421 3 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Oh, weird. So, yours hits the end of the wire form, bounces back a bit, and then travels back down and falls through the hole?
Perhaps play with your pitch and lower it a bit ....

Yes exactly. Not all the time but occasionally

I was watched Kevin from buffalo pinball and his does it too

#10422 3 years ago
Quoted from ercvacation:

I ordered a DILE blind assuming I will like it because I love Wonka. Excited!

#10423 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I ordered a DILE blind assuming I will like it because I love Wonka. Excited!

You will as much, if not more.

#10424 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Yes exactly. Not all the time but occasionally
I was watched Kevin from buffalo pinball and his does it too

Mine doesn’t do that. But it must just be a ball speed thing. Too fast, and it bounces back, which is why I wondered if the pitch might have something to do with it.

#10425 3 years ago
Quoted from Reznnate:

Personally, the reason I seem so angry about DI's theme is it's SUPER goofy and random. It's a great game. It deserved better.

AFM’s not goofy and random??

To each his own, but for my tastes, DI as a theme is as good as it gets.

#10426 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-right-orbitramp-ball-rejects#post-4179911

#10427 3 years ago

I am getting DILE NIB. Can someone please post a checklist of items to review/look for when I first power up the machine?

#10428 3 years ago

Over the weekend replaced the warped (bending upward) factory cliffy with a Mantis protector for the phone scoop. Wow! What a difference. Was a pain to place. Had to remove the old cliffy, the scoop mech and the subway going into the scoop. But it was worth it. So many fewer rejects.

#10429 3 years ago

I'm very fortunate in that my game has almost no rejects at all. Never have I thought to myself the shot was unfair or screwing me. This is with the factory protector with the middle front dip or divot in it. Over a year now and not a single complaint. Hell, outside of flat out mistimed shots can I think of when mine rejected!

#10430 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

I am getting DILE NIB. Can someone please post a checklist of items to review/look for when I first power up the machine?

A troublesome albeit fixable issue is the left orbit trap door. It is under the ramp, so you'll have to sorta lean over to check it out. This loves to stay up if you dont have any proper lubrication on it. Would be hard to spot that it isn't working correctly to the laymen, but know that it should always be down unless something is lit there (which isn't often). If you shoot the left orbit and it diverts without awarding you something, that's an issue.

Honestly beyond that, there isn't a ton. Maybe check that all the lights around the phone work. I have found this game to be pretty light on maintenance.

#10431 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

A troublesome albeit fixable issue is the left orbit trap door. It is under the ramp, so you'll have to sorta lean over to check it out. This loves to stay up if you dont have any proper lubrication on it. Would be hard to spot that it isn't working correctly to the laymen, but know that it should always be down unless something is lit there (which isn't often). If you shoot the left orbit and it diverts without awarding you something, that's an issue.
Honestly beyond that, there isn't a ton. Maybe check that all the lights around the phone work. I have found this game to be pretty light on maintenance.

Thank you and relieved about that last line.

#10432 3 years ago
Quoted from Noma2017:

Thank you and relieved about that last line.

Well... for pinball. Lol. You will always have the usual suspects, but mine has been pretty trouble free.

#10433 3 years ago

Picked on of these up for a cover for my game. Thinking maybe someone on here is selling them? Kind of a specific market to be selling towels for.

IMG_6425 (resized).jpgIMG_6425 (resized).jpg
#10434 3 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Picked on of these up for a cover for my game. Thinking maybe someone on here is selling them? Kind of a specific market to be selling towels for.[quoted image]

I did the back cover on a fleece blanket.

20200204_191708 (resized).jpg20200204_191708 (resized).jpg
#10435 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I did the back cover on a fleece blanket.[quoted image]

That is exactly what I am trying to do with all of my games, cover up the playfields. Those look great!

Hardest one to try and locate is something with "No Fear" on it.

#10436 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Over the weekend replaced the warped (bending upward) factory cliffy with a Mantis protector for the phone scoop. Wow! What a difference. Was a pain to place. Had to remove the old cliffy, the scoop mech and the subway going into the scoop. But it was worth it. So many fewer rejects.

I started with Cliffy protector, too many rejects, went with the mantis protector (what a major pain to install), eventually I removed the mantis protector as well and now the game plays flawless and both me and my wife have put up multiple high scores. I don’t care how beautiful the game looks, if it doesn’t play well it’s useless to me. Interestingly enough I have a cliffy on my Sim card scoop and I hit it almost every time with the upper flipper never get any rejects. The game place so much better with a naked phone scoop I just can’t believe it!

#10437 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I started with Cliffy protector, too many rejects, went with the mantis protector (what a major pain to install), eventually I removed the mantis protector as well and now the game plays flawless and both me and my wife have put up multiple high scores. I don’t care how beautiful the game looks, if it doesn’t play well it’s useless to me. Interestingly enough I have a cliffy on my Sim card scoop and I hit it almost every time with the upper flipper never get any rejects. The game place so much better with a naked phone scoop I just can’t believe it!

100% agree with this

#10438 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

You Bastard! Just kidding...but the thought of dismantling everything to remove the Mantis protector alone will probably never allow me to see what life is like with a naked phone scoop.

#10439 3 years ago

Took me nearly a year of constant rejection before I got to see a naked phone scoop.

#10440 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I'm the opposite. Phone scoop with cliffy is never an issue. Sim card shot with cliffy rejects.

Any trick on the SIM shot?

#10441 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I'm the opposite. Phone scoop with cliffy is never an issue. Sim card shot with cliffy rejects.

I try not to think about it and I just shoot the ball up at the theatre and it always just rolls in. I average collecting about 2 a game

#10442 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

If I hold my mouth just right and kick my left leg back and over to the right.... I’ll hit the SIM shot! But it doesn’t always work

#10443 3 years ago

I forgot the previous owner added these foam strips to the back and top of the Sim card scoop. They have always been there since I’ve owned the game so I can’t comment on whether they have helped.
Sorry for the upside down picture.
1CDE6B92-BFDA-47E0-8F21-AA7108A906D5 (resized).jpeg1CDE6B92-BFDA-47E0-8F21-AA7108A906D5 (resized).jpeg

#10444 3 years ago

The game plays so much different now that I don’t even care if the phone scoop gets minor wear. Takes this game to the next level when you can make the shots the way they were designed.

#10445 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

My Dad has had a Monopoly for years. The Utility shot is the exact same shot as the Sim card shot. So comes natural to me. I don't get any SIM rejects with factory cliffy. My phone scoop cliffy was bent upward and would cause issues. The foam thing is a good trick, worked wonders on my AMH and TNA when I had those.

#10446 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My Dad has had a Monopoly for years. The Utility shot is the exact same shot as the Sim card shot. So comes natural to me. I don't get any SIM rejects with factory cliffy. My phone scoop cliffy was bent upward and would cause issues. The foam thing is a good trick, worked wonders on my AMH and TNA when I had those.

Is that stand up backing foam or something else?

#10447 3 years ago

thinking about moving on and trading my DI standard and getting wonka or Hobbit, anyone have a friend looking for one?

#10448 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

The game plays so much different now that I don’t even care if the phone scoop gets minor wear. Takes this game to the next level when you can make the shots the way they were designed.

Did you add Mylar or total raw doggin' it?

#10449 3 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I did the back cover on a fleece blanket.[quoted image]

All the SWEET JJP games and then anchored by Nascar. Did you just not want anybody playing on that side of Wonka?

#10450 3 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Did you add Mylar or total raw doggin' it?

I have Mylar for now, but I might remove if I need more direct contact.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

9,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 22.50
$ 100.00
Boards
Led Pinball

There are 13,634 posts in this topic. You are on page 209 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/209 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.