IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 273.
#10301 3 years ago

I just joined the club and love the game. I have my pitch set at 7.5 degrees. There are sometimes where I hit the right ramp really fast and the ball is going to fast that it will fly off the rails. This doesn’t happen that often. I put 3 washers at the end of the ramp and it’s helped. I also did this for the left ramp and it really helped. Has anyone else had this issue?

#10302 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club and love the game. I have my pitch set at 7.5 degrees. There are sometimes where I hit the right ramp really fast and the ball is going to fast that it will fly off the rails. This doesn’t happen that often. I put 3 washers at the end of the ramp and it’s helped. I also did this for the left ramp and it really helped. Has anyone else had this issue?

I use to have issues with the left ramp and the ball bouncing out if the end of the wireform... but I added a wire above and it stopped it. 7.5 is pretty steep.. maybe try 7.0...that's where I set all my pins.

#10303 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Definitely play around with your pitch. It’s amazing how differently the game will play at different angles. My DILE is sitting at 6.8 and has nice flow. Like bigd1979 said, you might be a little too steep

#10304 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Where is it flying off? JJP has an airball guard that they will send you if it's flying off of the wireform on the left side, near the inlane. You just have to contact them about it.

#10305 3 years ago

Hi,

does anybody know which exact type of SMD RGB LED is used in the phone? One of mine was defect and when I removed it to re-solder it, it dropped to the ground and ... vanished... Now I would like to buy new LEDs to replace it...

Thanks,
Lars

#10306 3 years ago

What do you guys think about selling DILE for JP Prem? Curious to see what the owners think. I expect some bias.

#10307 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Recently removed my SIM card protector and the post rubber on the back side of the opening, play is so much more enjoyable.

So you have no protector? Just mylar and it's fine? Does the shot work better b/c it's the most frustrating thing about this game by far. when you say back side, is that the top or bottom rubber (with the sim scoop in b/w)?

and DI def didn't sell well.

#10308 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

What do you guys think about selling DILE for JP Prem? Curious to see what the owners think. I expect some bias.

I would find a way to have both JP Prem and DILE. Both great games

#10309 3 years ago

I agree with Green Machine. I have both and I really like them. My JP is an LE and is a blast to play. I just got my DI LE and I am really enjoying that too. It took me awhile to get past DI'S theme but once I did it is 5 stars now. Theme was never an issue for JP. After all, is is deservedly voted GOTY. As I said, get both if you can but DI may not be available NIB much longer and JP will, so food for thought.

#10310 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Where is it flying off? JJP has an airball guard that they will send you if it's flying off of the wireform on the left side, near the inlane. You just have to contact them about it.

That's where it's flying off at

#10311 3 years ago
Quoted from pb_lawww:

Hi,
does anybody know which exact type of SMD RGB LED is used in the phone? One of mine was defect and when I removed it to re-solder it, it dropped to the ground and ... vanished... Now I would like to buy new LEDs to replace it...
Thanks,
Lars

I need an LED too for my phone. I tried opening a ticket with JJP about this and got no response from them.

Rob

#10312 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

So you have no protector? Just mylar and it's fine? Does the shot work better b/c it's the most frustrating thing about this game by far. when you say back side, is that the top or bottom rubber (with the sim scoop in b/w)?

I removed mine and it started showing wear pretty quickly. Don't do it. I got a cliffy it is a little wider than factory) and put it back on. Removing the bottom rubber on the post helps a ton, however.

#10313 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I removed mine and it started showing wear pretty quickly. Don't do it. I got a cliffy it is a little wider than factory) and put it back on. Removing the bottom rubber on the post helps a ton, however.

Good to know. Thanks

#10314 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Did you put mylar on it or left it bare?

I almost think I'd rather have the hole wear if it reduced the difficulty of the shot.

#10315 3 years ago
Quoted from davisjl1979:

Did you put mylar on it or left it bare?
I almost think I'd rather have the hole wear if it reduced the difficulty of the shot.

I did put mylar on it, just... don't. I found the rubber removal of the bottom pointed post to be way better and safer.

#10316 3 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Not true at all. The final design was Pats.

Now I’m just curious,how would you know which one Pat designed or didn’t design?

#10317 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I did put mylar on it, just... don't. I found the rubber removal of the bottom pointed post to be way better and safer.

This is what I did and helped a bit.
Anyone know of any super thin post sleeves you could use? Maybe heat shrink tubing?

#10318 3 years ago

Software version 1.71 lists
+added quantum theater multiball progress for not completed tasks on graphic

can somebody indicate what was changed because I don’t really see a difference to 1.57? I guess I was kind of hoping a status graphic would be visible all or most of the time.

P.S. I finally updated to 1.73 a few days ago.

#10319 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Won't the balls get damaged really fast with an exposed metal post? First time a ball hits that post squarely will result in a pretty large burr in the ball that will in turn damage the playfield.

#10320 3 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

I took off the protector and put on Mylar over a year ago. Played a ton of games with no wear. Left the rubber on. Game plays great. I can’t imagine the game was meant to play like it did with the Cliffy on.

#10321 3 years ago
Quoted from RJW:

Won't the balls get damaged really fast with an exposed metal post? First time a ball hits that post squarely will result in a pretty large burr in the ball that will in turn damage the playfield.

I doubt you'd see much at all. There's metal on metal all over play fields and sewers.

That said, I've been wanting to put heat shrink around the posts of the sim. Just haven't gotten around to it.

My main concern is damage to the pf. Rubbers soften the blow from my balls. That hole may get widened....

#10322 3 years ago
Quoted from TOLLS:

I took off the protector and put on Mylar over a year ago. Played a ton of games with no wear. Left the rubber on. Game plays great. I can’t imagine the game was meant to play like it did with the Cliffy on.

You're welcome to lead by a bad example. I'm telling you mine got beat up QUICK without the protector. I thought I was a flipping genius taking the protector off. It fucked my game up. So those of you reading, you can take a chance and hope you get lucky, or be sensible and leave it on.

#10323 3 years ago
Quoted from branlon8:

Software version 1.71 lists
+added quantum theater multiball progress for not completed tasks on graphic
can somebody indicate what was changed because I don’t really see a difference to 1.57? I guess I was kind of hoping a status graphic would be visible all or most of the time.
P.S. I finally updated to 1.73 a few days ago.

The emoji mode is actually lucrative now. It also shows progress toward the theatre modes wothout having to go to status report. Adds more sounds and better camera movement recognition, too.

#10324 3 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Right now I have nothing, reviewing options. All I can say is it's allot more fun to play.

#10325 3 years ago

Did anyone pay to print the manual? JJP is out and I would love to have a printed copy. I thought about staples?

#10326 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Did anyone pay to print the manual? JJP is out and I would love to have a printed copy. I thought about staples?

If someone familiar with the best process for this could print several copies, I'll bet a bunch of us would chip-in to buy one. I'd like to buy a printed Hobbit manual too! Rumor has it these incredible manuals are a dying breed at JJP.

#10327 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

I have a manual that I bought at Pinfest last year, really don't need it.

#10328 3 years ago

I was able to get one printed with the same quality for under $100. PM me if you want the the details.

#10329 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

I was able to get one printed with the same quality for under $100. PM me if you want the the details.

That's cool. If someone really_ wants a manual, I bet that's the way to go.

But honestly, IMHO, you don't need a printed manual.

I have one because it came with my LE. However, I've only ever looked at the PDF.

... Altan

#10330 3 years ago

I appreciate it the quality of the manuals for sure but don't have a big need for a printed copy. It would serve as more of a conversation piece. You can find info faster in the .pdf usually.

But they are impressive top tier manuals. Butch will be missed.

#10331 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Harry has printed some jjp manuals before.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/256#post-5276137

There was another user, whose name escapes me, who got a bunch of jjp manuals printed for pinside members.
They posted in either the pirates, hobbit or this thread (can't remember).

#10332 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

That's cool. If someone really_ wants a manual, I bet that's the way to go.
But honestly, IMHO, you don't need a printed manual.
I have one because it came with my LE. However, I've only ever looked at the PDF.
... Altan

I know the manual has (had) some mistakes in reference to the phone, possibly part numbers and different page numbers for reference. The manual posted on the JJP website also may not be the latest version either. I had a heck of a time ordering some parts with Frank on the phone last year because of that.

Rob

#10333 3 years ago

In the club and my family is loving it!

685BBCF0-90AA-4309-86FA-E342C2E88D49 (resized).jpeg685BBCF0-90AA-4309-86FA-E342C2E88D49 (resized).jpeg921AC3CE-FACC-48BC-B7C9-230720B4204F (resized).jpeg921AC3CE-FACC-48BC-B7C9-230720B4204F (resized).jpeg9CCC7C57-0E76-47C9-A069-B296AFC974FF (resized).jpeg9CCC7C57-0E76-47C9-A069-B296AFC974FF (resized).jpegD3617A1D-F6A7-4EB1-9B93-2FFF775F28DD (resized).jpegD3617A1D-F6A7-4EB1-9B93-2FFF775F28DD (resized).jpeg
#10334 3 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Any updates?

I was finally able to get it worked out. I had to get a new board from jjp. It was relatively inexpensive and It was a simple plug and play. This was the piece that I had to replace.

71474416-466E-46BA-9082-72D915B50A98 (resized).jpeg71474416-466E-46BA-9082-72D915B50A98 (resized).jpeg
#10335 3 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I was finally able to get it worked out. I had to get a new board from jjp. It was relatively inexpensive and It was a simple plug and play. This was the piece that I had to replace.
[quoted image]

wow, bad hard drive?

#10336 3 years ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

wow, bad hard drive?

Yes. Not sure how it happened but just glad it got fixed. Big thanks to Lloyd and Barry at jjp for helping me diagnose my dialed in. Also to everybody who extended a helping hand.

#10337 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

In the club and my family is loving it![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Is this part of why you sold your XM? I know you loved that game!

#10338 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

In the club and my family is loving it![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club! I admit I have enjoyed my DI even more than I thought I would; I was afraid it would be too too easy, but mine has a nasty left sling to right outlane drain that keeps me on my toes

#10339 3 years ago

DI is really tough for me. I hope that with time I will be able to play, not master, it better. Half of the time my scores are in the 200k range even with 5 balls. But, despite that, I like the game and I view it as a great "training game". My wife does play it much better than I (as she usually does on all of our machines) so I know it can be done. Just more humble pie.

#10340 3 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Harry has printed some jjp manuals before.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-pirates-of-the-caribbean-official-owners-and-fan-club/page/256#post-5276137
There was another user, whose name escapes me, who got a bunch of jjp manuals printed for pinside members.
They posted in either the pirates, hobbit or this thread (can't remember).

Thanks! I like having a physical manual. I stare at screens all day.

#10341 3 years ago
Quoted from arcadem:

DI is really tough for me. I hope that with time I will be able to play, not master, it better. Half of the time my scores are in the 200k range even with 5 balls. But, despite that, I like the game and I view it as a great "training game". My wife does play it much better than I (as she usually does on all of our machines) so I know it can be done. Just more humble pie.

You need to get a mode stacked with MB. The easiest mode for MB is probably Meteors since you're just spamming the stand up targets. The other modes might require some more precision shooting.

Afterwards, you have to cash in on those SIM cards! Then every mode shot after that is multiplied by the # of SIM cards you've collected. You'll see your scores shoot up past a million with just at least 1 mode completion and 1 SIM card, playing a second mode and hitting shots.

#10342 3 years ago

Thanks for your advice. I will try that.

#10343 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Is this part of why you sold your XM? I know you loved that game!

Yes, we did a pretty significant collection shake up to freshen things up, over the last couple of months we moved on from six games that had been mainstays in our collection for years (X-Men was by far the hardest for me to personally move on from). We picked up the DI this past weekend in a trade, I’m in rout right now to pick up an Elvira 3 and Black Knight.

DI has one of the more interesting shot layouts I’ve seen. I’ve had to “dial in” the third flipper a bit (move a centimeter or so off the sidewalk) to make the lock shot makable. That’s been the only adjustment needed or than placing a piece of tape over the camera for a friend that doesn’t like being photographed.

#10344 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yes, we did a pretty significant collection shake up to freshen things up, over the last couple of months we moved on from six games that had been mainstays in our collection for years (X-Men was by far the hardest for me to personally move on from). We picked up the DI this past weekend in a trade, I’m in rout right now to pick up an Elvira 3 and Black Knight.
DI has one of the more interesting shot layouts I’ve seen. I’ve had to “dial in” the third flipper a bit (move a centimeter or so off the sidewalk) to make the lock shot makable. That’s been the only adjustment needed or than placing a piece of tape over the camera for a friend that doesn’t like being photographed.

You can disable the camera by holding down the right flipper button and pressing start (I think that's what it is; it's one of the attract screens). I also believe you can disable it in the menu? Don't quote me on that one.

DI is probably one of the best shooting games I've played. All of the shots are so smooth. The Whirlwind combo is amazing when you can pull it off. It's a such a fun game! One of my top 5 for sure.

I'm kind of in the same spot for my collection as well. I've been getting more and more games that are holding their spots, and when a new game comes around, it's really hard to decide what has to go to make the space. Stay safe out there!

#10345 3 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

You can disable the camera by holding down the right flipper button and pressing start (I think that's what it is; it's one of the attract screens). I also believe you can disable it in the menu? Don't quote me on that one.
DI is probably one of the best shooting games I've played. All of the shots are so smooth. The Whirlwind combo is amazing when you can pull it off. It's a such a fun game! One of my top 5 for sure.
I'm kind of in the same spot for my collection as well. I've been getting more and more games that are holding their spots, and when a new game comes around, it's really hard to decide what has to go to make the space. Stay safe out there!

Yes you are correct in saying camera can be disabled in both ways

#10346 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

i have a handful of Woz, Dialed In and Pirates printed manuals in stock if anyone is looking.

$100 each plus shipping.

Shoot me a pm if would like to order one.

#10347 3 years ago

Too funny.....

Dialed In (resized).pngDialed In (resized).png
#10348 3 years ago

Really enjoying this game and very pleased with the build quality.

Question: I’m getting a good number of cheap drains out of the theater magnet. It just kind of drops the ball down the center. Is there something I need to do to dial that magnet release in a bit to reduce the cheap drains? It’s maybe one out of six shots or so. Enough to make me wonder if there is a fix.

Thanks in advance.

#10349 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Really enjoying this game and very pleased with the build quality.
Question: I’m getting a good number of cheap drains out of the theater magnet. It just kind of drops the ball down the center. Is there something I need to do to dial that magnet release in a bit to reduce the cheap drains? It’s maybe one out of six shots or so. Enough to make me wonder if there is a fix.
Thanks in advance.

It sld do a shadow like toss to the upper flipper alot of the time.... is yours do that at all? If not you need to go into device test and move the adjustment anywhere from -90/-120 or so.

#10350 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I’m getting a good number of cheap drains out of the theater magnet.

The advised solution is to raise (maybe lower my memory is pretty bad) the upper left leg leveler a bit to change the trajectory of the ball coming out of the theater. What i do is to start wiggling the machine a bit side to side right before it releases. This seems to work very well for me especially on the EMP pulse mode.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 22.50
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 13,629 posts in this topic. You are on page 207 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/207 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.