New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 177016)

Dialed In Owners and Fans Club

By goren1818

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,028 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by BENETNATH
  • Topic is favorited by 207 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,354 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

398E21AD-4446-45B0-817C-607B0CE48B1D_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
4C865A3F-732B-45DD-8FEC-63685E883A44_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
297B4F06-FC6D-4AEC-B82D-022DF73EA803 (resized).jpeg
50BDCDDC-609B-406A-818C-2F6B0F1A3A27 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5D9F356C-47A7-4397-8F92-BA33BF31DEB3 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20200903_205652171 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200903_205734241 (resized).jpg
E1EA0EE9-0CF2-404C-8499-4463D7A0CAB3 (resized).jpeg
48028BC3-8F75-4F97-B024-81F02232C726 (resized).jpeg
15979796255283008982572785485248 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200802_152318 (resized).jpg
dialedin (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11028 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 221.
#10251 5 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Want to trade?

Who was this question directed to?

#10252 5 months ago

To you, skyemont and for your version of Station 3, lol.

#10253 5 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

To you, skyemont and for your version of Station 3, lol.

I thought so. No thanks. It took me a year to get this station 3. I love it way more than Pats design.

#10254 5 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

I thought so. No thanks. It took me a year to get this station 3. I love it way more than Pats design.

Both stations are probably Lawlor’s design he just improved it?

#10255 5 months ago

Has anyone painted their stations as opposed to using the stickers?

#10256 5 months ago

Guessing that prototype version wouldn't be difficult to 3d print.

#10257 5 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Both stations are probably Lawlor’s design he just improved it?

Not true at all. The final design was Pats.

#10258 5 months ago

The final design is nicer. Original looks outdated/old.

#10259 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

True dat^

#10260 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

Agreed.

#10261 5 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

I like it so that’s all that maters. I still have the original as well.

#10262 5 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Great everybody’s happy!

#10263 5 months ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

It’s a cool piece of the games history, that’s for sure. And, it makes your game unique.

#10264 5 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

It’s a cool piece of the games history, that’s for sure. And, it makes your game unique.

Thanks Nokoro. That’s really all I was trying to show in my pic. Not a war on do you like the orig better or not. I could care less. I have both. Plus I was just correcting Romulusx statement. My prototype was not Pats design. That’s all.

#10265 5 months ago

I moved my di over 6 inches and now it is giving me this. It went into power saving mode and I lost all lights on the playfield. Do I need to hook my computer up to this?
6F740F44-9685-433F-AC0E-5EF82722520A (resized).jpeg89ED7C5C-1046-4DE6-903E-F6EB53D6BE55 (resized).jpeg

Sorry for the sideways pics

#10266 5 months ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I moved my di over 6 inches and now it is giving me this. It went into power saving mode and I lost all lights on the playfield. Do I need to hook my computer up to this?
[quoted image][quoted image]
Sorry for the sideways pics

Power saving mode?

If i was resolving this as a unix admin i'd check the sata cable into the drive, reboot, just control-d and fsck the partitions.
If i was resolving this as a pinball guy i'd probably reinstall the software using the full install.

If it keeps occurring you may have have a faulty ssd or a cable in which case they need to be replaced.

#10267 5 months ago
Quoted from koops:

Power saving mode?
If i was resolving this as a unix admin i'd check the sata cable into the drive, reboot, just control-d and fsck the partitions.
If i was resolving this as a pinball guy i'd probably reinstall the software using the full install.
If it keeps occurring you may have have a faulty ssd or a cable in which case they need to be replaced.

Thank you for your help. I am going to attack this like a pinball guy and reinstall the software using the full install tomorrow. Can I go directly to jjp website and get the dialed in delta upgrade 1.73 code or do I have to download the 1.60 full install first?

#10268 5 months ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Thank you for your help. I am going to attack this like a pinball guy and reinstall the software using the full install tomorrow. Can I go directly to jjp website and get the dialed in delta upgrade 1.73 code or do I have to download the 1.60 full install first?

The delta upgrade would only update changes from 1.6 -> 1.73. This would not resolve issues with an existing non-working install (corrupt filesystem etc).

A full install would be if you'd replaced failed storage hardware (ie. the ssd ) so had nothing on it. This full install should re-image the disk back to a good known state. So you would need the 1.6 full. Install make sure that is working then delta 1.73 upgrade.

http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/DialedIn-v01.60.iso
http://marketing.jerseyjackpinball.com/di/di_update-v01.73.zip

That being said, LTG may have encountered this problem before and may offer an entirely different solution.

#10269 5 months ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Good with whatever approach you pick. There's not a lot of diagnosing JJP issues compared to WPC and Stern.

Just a gut feeling, but there some reasonable evidence in that boot log that there's a serious problem with the SSD. Like koops indicated, there's good value in checking the SATA cable. That's not exactly a "unix admin" thing as checking cables on WPC is always good approach --- especially when the failure occurs after moving.

Anyway, trying to do a full install will give you insight. If that fails, definitely check the SATA cable. If that continues to fail, I'm guessing you might have a SATA HDD issue.

And you do need to get the full 1.60 upgrade and then do the 1.73 delta. But I think you'll know if you are making progress by whether you can even get the 1.60 installed.

#10270 5 months ago

Does anyone know the type of switch (part number) is used for the ramp? I need to replace one. The manual gives a part number, but none listed on JJP site. Figured I could get one from Pinball life or Marco if I knew the William's equivalent.

#10271 5 months ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I moved my di over 6 inches and now it is giving me this. It went into power saving mode and I lost all lights on the playfield. ...

Any updates?

#10272 5 months ago
Quoted from altan:

Any updates?

I have a call into jjp support. I hooked up a keyboard but I don’t know the Root password to get into it. I downloaded the 1.60 to a usb and put that into the game and tried to install that. I wasn’t able to even access the USB on any menu. It says I’m in emergency mode still.

#10273 5 months ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I have a call into jjp support. I hooked up a keyboard but I don’t know the Root password to get into it. I downloaded the 1.60 to a usb and put that into the game and tried to install that. I wasn’t able to even access the USB on any menu. It says I’m in emergency mode still.

I checked all the wires in the back box and they were all secure so I believe it has something to do with the computer.

#10274 5 months ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I hope you get it fixed.

If they guide you through some interesting BIOS settings, please post here to help anyone with this problem in the future.

#10275 5 months ago
Quoted from Lemank:

There is no password to get into the bios.

#10276 5 months ago
Quoted from altan:

I hope you get it fixed.
If they guide you through some interesting BIOS settings, please post here to help anyone with this problem in the future.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I got a name from a very nice guy. I will try to call him again on Monday to see if he is in.

#10277 5 months ago

Hi to all. I am getting my NIB DI delivered today. I know about looking for loose connectors, bolts. screws, etc. but what problem areas, fixes or things that need particular attention should I be aware of. I have not seen any discussions about playfield chips so can I assume that hasn't been a problem for DI?Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

#10278 5 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Hi to all. I am getting my NIB DI delivered today. I know about looking for loose connectors, bolts. screws, etc. but what problem areas, fixes or things that need particular attention should I be aware of. I have not seen any discussions about playfield chips so can I assume that hasn't been a problem for DI?Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Assuming you get the authentic cliffys installed from the factory, you don’t need to worry about chips. You will at some point soon need to cut the Mylar from around the circular magnets as it will get shredded otherwise. Some have had issues with the trap door working reliably or the right ramp rejecting fast shots, but it is not everyone. Best thing to do is read through all the key posts in this thread as most common issues are discussed there.

Most importantly, play it and have fun!

#10279 5 months ago

I would recommend the Mantis phone scoop protector vs, the cliffy protector, and placing Mylar at the SIM card, vs the Cliffy as well. I had bought the game with no mylar or Clliffy's on the game, and there is one small chip at the SIM card. I put the Mantis protector in and my phone scoop has been chip-free.

#10280 5 months ago

Hey, guys! I joined the club back in February. It was a bday present to myself.

Last night I was trying to get audio from the headphone jack to my streaming laptop, but wasn't getting anything. My first thought was that I may have a bad cable, so I tried my headphones for the first time. They weren't getting audio either. The machine does recognize the headphones are plugged in as it shows the headphone volume on screen. I checked the master volume control in the settings: that's okay. I did lift the playfield and all of the wires appear to be attached securely to the jack. I will admit I did not remove the jack itself from the cabinet to inspect it. I have yet to check the backbox.

Is there something I am missing? Any suggestions as to what to check/look? Could it be a faulty jack?

I appreciate any and all ideas/suggestions/insight!

Thanks!
Shawn

#10281 5 months ago

Hi,

Finally getting one this week or next. Just waiting for shipper. What are the must haves? Best mods?

Thanks!

#10282 5 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I appreciate any and all ideas/suggestions/insight!

Try unplugging the connector to the small audio board right inside the cabinet, turn it 180 degrees, and plug it back on.

LTG : )

#10283 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Try unplugging the connector to the small audio board right inside the cabinet, turn it 180 degrees, and plug it back on.

I will try that! Thanks, Lloyd!

#10284 5 months ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Hi,
Finally getting one this week or next. Just waiting for shipper. What are the must haves? Best mods?
Thanks!

I think a must have mod is a way to turn the crazy bob sign ->
https://mezelmods.com/collections/dialed-in-pinball-mods/products/dialed-in-pinball-crazy-bobs-sign-illumination-kit

I would say that's the only "must have" since it should have come like this from factory.

Oh...and maybe the mantis protector for phone scoop...since the factory cliffy can cause some rejects.

Mods I personally like are:
Popbumper building
Stand up target decals

#10285 5 months ago

Well, I just got my DILE and I have played just a few games on it: so far, so good. Just an 'FYI" observation. Sales for this game must have been incredibly slow because my NIB game has a 'born on date' of 7/11/2018! I guess the good news is that date precedes all of the play field bubbling and chipping problems and likely was built by a 'seasoned' assembly crew. At least I can hope so.

#10286 5 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I would recommend the Mantis phone scoop protector vs, the cliffy protector, and placing Mylar at the SIM card, vs the Cliffy as well. I had bought the game with no mylar or Clliffy's on the game, and there is one small chip at the SIM card. I put the Mantis protector in and my phone scoop has been chip-free.

Recently removed my SIM card protector and the post rubber on the back side of the opening, play is so much more enjoyable.

#10287 5 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Well, I just got my DILE and I have played just a few games on it: so far, so good. Just an 'FYI" observation. Sales for this game must have been incredibly slow because my NIB game has a 'born on date' of 7/11/2018! I guess the good news is that date precedes all of the play field bubbling and chipping problems and likely was built by a 'seasoned' assembly crew. At least I can hope so.

DILE gets a bad rap because of the theme and to a degree, the art as well. It's a very fun game and plays quite differently from any Stern I have ever owned. It's built like a tank and weighs almost as much as one too.

Rob

#10288 5 months ago
Quoted from arcadem:

Depends on your distro, unless you ordered direct I suppose...

#10289 5 months ago

My distributor ordered it directly from JJP. It was from their inventory.

#10290 5 months ago

They apparently produced around 2k+ di model's . I know over the past year as more people have played it and or watched gameplay that demand picked up again. They were doing one last run before the factory move also ...which a few people have gotten some newer made ones from distributors. Jjp sells most threw distros. Di started shipping in may 2017 and ran for like a year straight and then they did potc and wonka with a few runs of di on a secondary line when needed. So you got one of the later ones with all the fixes which is a good thing. Doesn't mean it was a bad seller just left over from the end of the original run as newer runs seemed to fill distros needs. Have fun with a amazing pin.

#10291 5 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Pinched might be the wrong word, but a wire that needed a good wiggle let’s say.
In any case, you can easily check the speakers in the menu system by sending different sounds to the left or right speakers.

So I’ve now gone back to 1.60, the cell phone voices are still very soft, you can barely hear them. Installed a fresh copy of 1.73 and that didn’t fix the problem. I’ve checked all the wires to see if anything is pinched, etc - everything looks like it should. Does anyone have any other ideas why the cell phone voices only might be really faint?

#10292 5 months ago
Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

So I’ve now gone back to 1.60, the cell phone voices are still very soft, you can barely hear them. Installed a fresh copy of 1.73 and that didn’t fix the problem. I’ve checked all the wires to see if anything is pinched, etc - everything looks like it should. Does anyone have any other ideas why the cell phone voices only might be really faint?

Have you gone into test mode and tested both speakers individually with different sounds?

#10293 5 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Have you gone into test mode and tested both speakers individually with different sounds?

Thank you, that was very helpful. I’ve traced it to the right smaller speaker. It still works, just very very faint. I’m wondering if perhaps the capacitor has gone bad?

#10294 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

That seems to have done the trick! Thanks again, Lloyd!

#10295 5 months ago

Thank you, that was very helpful. I’ve traced it to the right smaller speaker. It still works, just very very faint. I’m wondering if perhaps the capacitor has gone bad?

I’m pretty sure that’s the speaker where the phone voices come out of.

Before you check or replace the caps, play sounds to that speaker while wiggling the wires that go to it. See if moving the wires has any effect.

#10296 5 months ago

SOLVED: The JJP provided input-output line to eliminate audio static was going bad, just unplugged it as a part of looking at everything, and that was the problem.

Anyone know of a better product to buy that eliminates the audio static in the game?

Thanks, Michael

#10297 5 months ago

Anyone know of a better product to buy that eliminates the audio static in the game?

amazon.com link »

#10298 5 months ago

The buzzing is interesting. I'm certain people experience it, but I don't so I'm wondering what causes it.

Is it a ground loop in the house and anything plugged in there will have a potential for buzzing?

Or is it something specific to the pin and, if a person with DI buzz brought their DI to my place then I'd hear it too?

Just questions I'm wondering.

... Altan

#10299 5 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

amazon.com link »

Thanks Lloyd!

#10300 5 months ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

They apparently produced around 2k+ di model's . I know over the past year as more people have played it and or watched gameplay that demand picked up again. They were doing one last run before the factory move also ...which a few people have gotten some newer made ones from distributors. Jjp sells most threw distros. Di started shipping in may 2017 and ran for like a year straight and then they did potc and wonka with a few runs of di on a secondary line when needed. So you got one of the later ones with all the fixes which is a good thing. Doesn't mean it was a bad seller just left over from the end of the original run as newer runs seemed to fill distros needs. Have fun with a amazing pin.

Thanks for your input and info. My game is #852 which I know is not dispositive of anything but that's just FYI. I had a few problems upon delivery such as the kick back coil shorting out on the side of the apron (blew a fuse), Crazy Bob's trap door not operating (thank's to LTG's sage advice, was able to fix that with some lubrication) and 1 full code update and 1 Delta update required) so, nothing major. Obviously still getting to know the game but very happy with my decision to add it to my collection. I have games by just about all of the other mfg.s (or, will have. Still waiting on Rick and Morty) and they are all good but I just don't think you can go wrong with a JJP. I was thinking of getting an Elvira but those will be available for quite some time into the future; not so sure about DI's.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 22.50
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
$ 9,000.00
$ 239.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
There are 11028 posts in this topic. You are on page 206 of 221.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside