IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 273.
#10151 4 years ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Just to be clear - where to get the extra board with the adjustment buttons? Just in case, good to know.

I asked JJP if they had an extra one and they sent me one out, but it sounded like they didn't have a bunch just laying around.

Another member here bought a replacement phone from JJP, and it came with one.

#10152 4 years ago

Would be cool to get one, too.

#10153 4 years ago

Does anyone know what the resolution of the Phone LCD is?

I know the diags seem to indicate it is 1024x768, but I'm not sure that's right. Many 4.3" displays are 480x272.

I'm not saying there isn't a 1024x768 4.3" display... I'd just like to have someone tell me

... Altan

#10154 4 years ago

Does anyone know where the quantum theater adjustment is?

The only one I've been able to find says the behaviour and not magnet delay or power.

I've looked through all the menu items and nothing seems to be obvious.

#10155 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Does anyone know where the quantum theater adjustment is?

Page B-3 in the manual. You can download from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Dialed In. If you need it.

Tests - Devices - Theater Magnet

LTG : )

#10156 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Page B-3 in the manual. You can download from jerseyjackpinball.com - Support - Downloads - Dialed In. If you need it.
Tests - Devices - Theater Magnet

Thanks!

ahhh that why I could never find it! It seems to be the only “setting” not under settings.

Edit: any tips to setting/dialing in this number? At the moment I’m just fishing around for a number and I’m not sure if I should be going up or down.

The ball never seems to get flicked into the back area at all. I’ve done every number between -90 to -120. I can’t seem to find where I need to be.

#10157 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

Thanks!
ahhh that why I could never find it! It seems to be the only “setting” not under settings.
Edit: any tips to setting/dialing in this number? At the moment I’m just fishing around for a number and I’m not sure if I should be going up or down.
The ball never seems to get flicked into the back area at all. I’ve done every number between -90 to -120. I can’t seem to find where I need to be.

It sld work between -90/-120 ... is your mylar removed over the magnet core?

#10158 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It sld work between -90/-120 ... is your mylar removed over the magnet core?

I doubt it. I'll investigate that.

#10159 4 years ago
Quoted from koops:

I doubt it. I'll investigate that.

That's your issue then.. it gets chewed up and messes with the magnetic toss

#10160 4 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

That's your issue then.. it gets chewed up and messes with the magnetic toss

Just checked it and I don't. I have another members dialed in in which they'd already done this. Their post was in this thread already

I'll play around with some more numbers.

#10161 4 years ago

I think I have mine at around -130. Make the setting, throw the ball over the magnet and it should send it around to the right flipper. I found that it worked fine at -120 originally, played a few games and it was intermittent. Then set to -125 same thing etc. Eventually at -130 it works every time. Also it only flips it around in certain modes - easiest way to test in-game is get the Drone package/crate in the quantum theatre and if it works for that - it's good.

#10162 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

LTG : )[quoted image]

Ok, now I see where I was getting confused. In your pic, you have the phone there with the ribbon to the vga connector.

The menu board and ribbon (which was sent to me) are connected to the phone at the open slot at the bottom right of the phone motherboard.

ribbon (resized).pngribbon (resized).png

Of course...connecting it to the phone while still connected to the VGA and power cables from the pin, is still a big pain. If you have never opened up the phone and put it back together again...you are lucky! One tip...while putting it back together, use a little bit of blue Loctite on the metal screws. I've had some screws come off before.

20200406_145847 (resized).jpg20200406_145847 (resized).jpg

20200406_145423 (resized).jpg20200406_145423 (resized).jpg

Anyway, at first I was worried because there was not an option to move the image vertically or horizontally. Thankfully...the "auto config" option in the menu correctly moved the image down to make full use of the screen.

#10163 4 years ago

DI needs some votes in round 2 of the greatest pinball popularity tournament thread. It's losing to Stern Star Trek

#10164 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

DI needs some votes in round 2 of the greatest pinball popularity tournament thread. It's losing to Stern Star Trek

Here's the link
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-2-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition

Yeah too bad DI is losing. Its a tough match up though. Both are flowy games with great shots. Theme, sounds, music goes to star trek probably. Gameplay goes to DI though. The thing that is a let down for Star Trek though is that the 6 modes essentially all feel the same. I know the rules are different for each one...plus each level of each model (level 1,2,3) but usually just amounts to shooting whatever is flashing. DI modes feel fundamentally more different.

#10165 4 years ago

My vote is in.

#10166 4 years ago

Hi guys, I need some help.

I did a little clean up on my DILE. I also changed the battery as per the instructions on the manual. When I shut the machine off and restarted it, it failed to boot up. I checked all the connections and everything seemed good.

Should I reinstall the firmware? Any help is appreciated.

Maurizio

#10167 4 years ago
Quoted from maur:

Hi guys, I need some help.
I did a little clean up on my DILE. I also changed the battery as per the instructions on the manual. When I shut the machine off and restarted it, it failed to boot up. I checked all the connections and everything seemed good.
Should I reinstall the firmware? Any help is appreciated.
Maurizio

Did you leave the machine on while changing the battery? That is necessary. If so, are you sure the battery is in there firmly, in the right direction?

It sounds like you may need to do something with the bios. Someone will have better instructions than me on how to do this. It will involve a USB connected keyboard. You will be able to fix it, so don’t worry.

#10168 4 years ago

Thanks Nokoro

I did leave the machine on. The only thing I did was remove the phone card because I wasn't able to change the batter with it on.

Maurizio

#10169 4 years ago
Quoted from maur:

Should I reinstall the firmware?

No.

Quoted from maur:

Any help is appreciated.

I'd try this -

#10170 4 years ago

I tried the jump start but it did not work.

is there something else I could try?

Maurizio

#10171 4 years ago
Quoted from maur:

I'll alert your email to Barry.

No idea what went wrong.

#10172 4 years ago

Wow. A lot is going on in this string. I guess I will be following it henceforth with a lot of interest because I just joined the club and ordered a DI LE, my fifth JJP LE game. Now my set is complete..for the moment. I had not had much interest in DI because I really did not care for nor understand its' theme. But, since JJP is getting ready to stop the DI line, I thought I should take another look. I found that there is a lot more to like about the game than I originally thought. And you know what they say, love is better the second time around. And, oh yes, better late than never. I expect I will be playing my DI sometime this month and I am anxious to get started.

#10173 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Here's the link
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/round-2-greatest-pinball-game-of-all-time-tournament-edition
Yeah too bad DI is losing. Its a tough match up though. Both are flowy games with great shots. Theme, sounds, music goes to star trek probably. Gameplay goes to DI though. The thing that is a let down for Star Trek though is that the 6 modes essentially all feel the same. I know the rules are different for each one...plus each level of each model (level 1,2,3) but usually just amounts to shooting whatever is flashing. DI modes feel fundamentally more different.

Getting close 8 votes behind.

#10174 4 years ago

Ok...got the micro-ray monitor in and ...looks great!

It wasn't a single pixel, but a vertical small line of 3 pixels. 90% of the time its essentially invisible on the cityscape scenes, so I can definitely live with it, knowing I saved $400.

20200408_181433 (resized).jpg20200408_181433 (resized).jpg

20200408_181449 (resized).jpg20200408_181449 (resized).jpg

20200408_183552 (resized).jpg20200408_183552 (resized).jpg

#10175 4 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Getting close 8 votes behind.

Yeah looks like we lost. Very close though. The only 2nd column (underdog column) that gave an upset was STTNG vs TOTAN, and the DI vs ST was actually the closest votes out of the whole bracket.

#10176 4 years ago

somebody can explain to me with simples words (im french lol) when and why the diverter of mecanician is active in game, because sometime is on, sometime not so i don't know rules of it thanks

#10177 4 years ago

hello,

i'm the owner of a DI Std.
I am really in love with the flow, the lightshow, and the gameplay, BUT I'm considering selling it.
Why?

The flippers !

It's driving me nuts.
I can't stand the behavior of the flipper. They are properly tweaked, but i really don't like how they work.
They feel floaty, buttery and not reactive.

For comparison, I've got Stern but also a WOZ and played wonka.
I've played another DI and the buttery feeling was the same.

The strength settings does not change this feeling at all, any suggestion before I let it go (with a real deception..)

#10178 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

hello,
I am really in love with the flow, the lightshow, and the gameplay, BUT I'm considering selling it.
Why?
The flippers !
It's driving me nuts.
I can't stand the behavior of the flipper. They are properly tweaked, but i really don't like how they work.
The strength settings does not change this feeling at all, any suggestion before I let it go (with a real deception..)

Try changing the pitch of your game perhaps. I don’t think the flippers feel buttery at all.

#10179 4 years ago
Quoted from Thot:

somebody can explain to me with simples words (im french lol) when and why the diverter of mecanician is active in game, because sometime is on, sometime not so i don't know rules of it thanks

It is on when lock is lit. No real reason there other than perhaps to mix things up a bit.

It is also on during acid rain mode since getting the balls into the pop bumpers is important in that mode.

And it goes up and down during monkey wrench multiball where jackpots are scored by getting the ball up the left ramp and under the diverter.

It is down the rest of the time unless I’m missing something.

#10180 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

hello,
Why?
The flippers !
It's driving me nuts.

JJP flippers feel very different than Stern flippers. You need to get used to them. Otherwise, I would suggest maybe a stronger return spring to get that snappiness.

#10181 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

JJP flippers feel very different than Stern flippers. You need to get used to them. Otherwise, I would suggest maybe a stronger return spring to get that snappiness.

I was just working on my flippers last night. They feel fine...but all the sudden I lost the ability to do flipper post passes. I tried messing with everything....EOS switches, flipper button switches, swapped out extension springs, swapped out flipper rubber. I just can't figure out what the exact variable is to be able to get flipper passes working vs not.

It might be a flipper angle problem....I just wish the playfield had alignment holes like nearly all pins. Right now I'm just guessing at what angle is "right".

#10182 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

I was just working on my flippers last night. They feel fine...but all the sudden I lost the ability to do flipper post passes. I tried messing with everything....EOS switches, flipper button switches, swapped out extension springs, swapped out flipper rubber. I just can't figure out what the exact variable is to be able to get flipper passes working vs not.
It might be a flipper angle problem....I just wish the playfield had alignment holes like nearly all pins. Right now I'm just guessing at what angle is "right".

I would lean towards the flipper angle as well. When I first got my game, I noticed that my flippers were "droopy." More often than not, I use the lane guides and angle my flippers to run straight from the lane guide. I use my PF level as a straight edge and adjust it that way.

#10183 4 years ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I would lean towards the flipper angle as well. When I first got my game, I noticed that my flippers were "droopy." More often than not, I use the lane guides and angle my flippers to run straight from the lane guide. I use my PF level as a straight edge and adjust it that way.

Same. I changed the angle of my flipper to a more "normal" angle, and it makes the game play way better.

#10184 4 years ago

Thanks mates

#10185 4 years ago
Quoted from maur:

I tried the jump start but it did not work.
Maurizio

Get a large monitor and connect it to the output going to the phone off the video card. Get into the bios and make sure that the onboard video is enabled. I just went through a similar problem with my Dialed In, for whatever reason the onboard video was disabled and it will not boot without all 3 video working.

#10186 4 years ago
Quoted from Kawydud:

Get a large monitor and connect it to the output going to the phone off the video card.

Like the big one in the game, check for multiple inputs on it's side, you can probably just move the one on the video card over there.

#10187 4 years ago

Hey all, I joined the club about a month ago with an LE. Plays great, but has phone issues. From what I've read it's the phone/display itself. Here's what it does: It randomly will get darker, then brighter then completely black, then back on. It seems to be changing whenever anything jars it. I've swapped out the cables from the backbox with the theater and it still does the same thing. I've unplugged and replugged the vga cable and even wiggled it around with the glass off and that doesn't seem to change it. Any solutions? Do I just need a new phone?

#10188 4 years ago
Quoted from Joniano:

Hey all, I joined the club about a month ago with an LE. Plays great, but has phone issues. From what I've read it's the phone/display itself. Here's what it does: It randomly will get darker, then brighter then completely black, then back on. It seems to be changing whenever anything jars it. I've swapped out the cables from the backbox with the theater and it still does the same thing. I've unplugged and replugged the vga cable and even wiggled it around with the glass off and that doesn't seem to change it. Any solutions? Do I just need a new phone?

Sounds like you need a new phone. But not the whole assembly, probably just the screen/board with it. I just got a quote from JJP for $35 plus shipping. (so not super expensive).

There is another member here that just found a way to get it cheaper...but I'll leave it to him to reveal it since he did the work to find it.

#10189 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Ok...got the micro-ray monitor in and ...looks great!
It wasn't a single pixel, but a vertical small line of 3 pixels. 90% of the time its essentially invisible on the cityscape scenes, so I can definitely live with it, knowing I saved $400.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Report back on if you see it everytime you play. That is so small.

#10190 4 years ago
Quoted from fnosm:

Report back on if you see it everytime you play. That is so small.

During gameplay? Absolutely not...its way too small for the brief moments you are looking up from the playfield/action. Only time I see it is when I'm in the full settings menus because its a dark gray and flat background.

#10191 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Yeah looks like we lost. Very close though. The only 2nd column (underdog column) that gave an upset was STTNG vs TOTAN, and the DI vs ST was actually the closest votes out of the whole bracket.

Oddly I love ST but the more you play DI the tighter the bolts keeping it from moving out of home. IMO this goes to much easier to pay for a Pro vs. JJP. Meaning more pinsiders get time on ST. As I said I love ST but DI bolted to the floor.

#10192 4 years ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

hello,
Why?
The flippers !
It's driving me nuts.

See my post a few pages back
Post #9870

#10193 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

See my post a few pages back
Post #9870

All feets at min and flippers a bit down gave a real better feeling.
Still a bit frustrated when the left orbit just can't do it, but that's more playable. At least it gave me back the feeling I had initially.
When I moved it I had put back feets at max and forefeets at min to gain speed. Seems not good for this one

Will see in the coming days but that's really better.
Thanks

#10194 4 years ago

Wanna kick some ass in a Dialed In tournament?

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up an online tournament for next Friday (April 17th), and I'm trying to recruit participants that have one of the games I have. I'm going to be posting this in each of the forums for the games I own, so I apologize in advance if you get this more than once.

The tournament would be on a single game and take place over zoom. It sounds like it could be a hell of a good time.

Please head over here for info: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/online-tournament-over-zoom-#post-5587755

#10195 4 years ago

I have searched this forum, Google, EBAY, etc. for a nice "character" shooter rod for my new Dialed In game. I can't seem to find any except the different colored 'ball style' rods. Has anyone made something unique for this game? Thanks.

#10196 4 years ago

Wired in some white LED strips around the back of the translite. Made the power cord long enough to be able to pull out the monitor. Came out really nice. Only thing I need to do now is replace the original strip on top as it isn't as bright as the rest.

IMG_6321 (resized).jpgIMG_6321 (resized).jpgIMG_6322 (resized).jpgIMG_6322 (resized).jpg
#10197 4 years ago

Guys with mirror blades, is it really true you can use Williams Bally ones without modification for DI?

#10198 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Guys with mirror blades, is it really true you can use Williams Bally ones without modification for DI?

Didn't work for me. I tried it with a set off my White Water and the hole just missed.

#10199 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Double check with Chris from Cointaker, I thought they were the same. I have a new set here that I haven't installed yet.

#10200 4 years ago

I did the same thing. It looks great, but I had to put a shield around the camera. There was too much light in the area.

IMG_20200304_185118 (resized).jpgIMG_20200304_185118 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 22.50
Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Omaha, NE
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Lighting - Led
Lermods

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 204 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/204?hl=joniano and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.