IMG_0816 (resized).png
IMG_1870 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
IMG_6003 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6001 (resized).jpeg
unnamed (resized).jpeg
Dialed-In-1.png

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 273.
#10051 4 years ago
Quoted from jsharpe005:

Just placed LE order today. Am I too late to join the party?

That's fine ... just keep your social distance.

#10052 4 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

That's fine ... just keep your social distance.

Just tossed you a beer!

#10053 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Just tossed you a beer!

A Corona? ... hmmm ... all right, I'll give it a try.

#10054 4 years ago

I usually like to buy at the top of the market. I'm sure, now that I've paid, prices will fall.

#10055 4 years ago

I'm happy to see these really taking off!

#10056 4 years ago

Just joined the club today. What a great game!

6EEEC438-6422-4C86-BFC3-0A7EC5612200 (resized).jpeg6EEEC438-6422-4C86-BFC3-0A7EC5612200 (resized).jpeg
#10057 4 years ago

What are the best mods for this game?

#10058 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

You know, I generally hate mods. I've never purchased a mod for any of my pins.

With that said...

My DILE came with 3 mods. I like 2 of them quite a bit. The first is the "pop bumper lighted building" in the back left. The second is some decals/decorations for the train station. When I got my DILE, I told myself that the first thing I'd do is take these off. But, they remain today and I have no intention removing them.

The 3rd is a custom shooter knob. That doesn't do anything for me, but I don't dislike it enough to spend the time replacing it.

So are these "the best mods" (per your question)? I don't know. But I feel the 2 ones I mentioned that I like are pretty good.

... Altan

#10059 4 years ago

I've been eyeballing the pop tower, and plan on backlighting all of the translite.

#10060 4 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

I've been eyeballing the pop tower, and plan on backlighting all of the translite.

Pop topper?

#10061 4 years ago

Building in back left that gets power from pops. Not actually on pops. Sorry, poor description by me.

#10062 4 years ago
Quoted from jsharpe005:

Just placed LE order today. Am I too late to join the party?

No way. The game is effing amazing.

#10063 4 years ago

Debating the pop building, but I like watching the ball going around that turn. Will likely be getting the Bob sign upgrade so it faces me. Then mirror or art blades and I'm done. This game has so much, really doesn't need much more.

#10064 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

With an LE, what mods could you possibly want? Damn game is jammed packed already. A widebody worth of stuff in a standard size cab.

#10065 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Debating the pop building, but I like watching the ball going around that turn. Will likely be getting the Bob sign upgrade so it faces me. Then mirror or art blades and I'm done. This game has so much, really doesn't need much more.

I have the popbumper building (which I really like). The building doesn't hide the ball going around the curve...the mod itself is lots of "glass" (just plastic) that you can see right through.

#10066 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

With an LE, what mods could you possibly want? Damn game is jammed packed already. A widebody worth of stuff in a standard size cab.

Two things. Pop bumper back left corner is a must. Mirrors too. Rest is just icing

#10067 4 years ago

Just an FYI. If you split the Bob signs so you can read them, there's a chance that a ball will get stuck behind the smaller one.

Ask me how i know.

#10068 4 years ago
Quoted from Doctor6:

Yeah it is jammed packed, a nice topper would be cool.

Question- are the drones on the right suppose to spin?

#10069 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Question- are the drones on the right suppose to spin?

If you have the latest software update, not much.

Yes they should. There is a test in there for them.

LTG : )

#10070 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Okay thanks I haven’t seen them spin yet, thought maybe someone turned them off.

#10071 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Mine don't seem to spin at all. I looked and was not able to find the drone test in the menu. Is it hiding ?

#10072 4 years ago
Quoted from Viperbsd:

I looked and was not able to find the drone test in the menu. Is it hiding ?

Tests - Coils - #46, #47, #48.

#10073 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Tests - Coils - #46, #47, #48.

Thanks as I did not think to look under coil tests. Anyway it turns out they all 3 work perfect. I guess I need to play more....

#10074 4 years ago

Tested those coils and nothing. actually all it did was flash the small LEDs on the drones.

#10075 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Tested those coils and nothing. actually all it did was flash the small LEDs on the drones.

The small LED lit means they are getting power. Since the propellers aren't spinning. What is the problem is the motors. Four of them in there, one under each propeller. One fails, they all stop.

Search the Dialed In threads for new small drones or motors. Sources for them have been posted.

#10076 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Search the Dialed In threads for new small drones or motors. Sources for them have been posted.

I saw some tiny drones on a sidekick at Walmart last week and thought "I bet those would fit in Dialed In!"

I wonder if they would...

#10077 4 years ago

Since we are stuck at home, I have been cataloging my 14 pinball machines (Name, serial #, Battery type, Battery Quantity, Last changed, Manual reference and notes).

On page E-14 of the Hobbit manual and page E-11 of the Dialed In! manual, it notes that the battery is CR2032. (I assume this is true with all of their games but only have these two.) (I did duplicate this post here and in Hobbit.)

I assumed these batteries would last for 10 years or so. I assumed I would change it with the power off when it died. But the manual states that the battery MUST be changed with the power on (16 steps). My Hobbit is over 4 years old and my Dialed In! is approaching 3 years. So I guess I should follow the directions.

I am posting this just in case someone is not aware of the method to change the batteries.

Both manuals state:
If your game's CPU battery discharges below 3V (or if you remove the battery) while the game is turned off, all BIOS settings will return to factory defaults. As a result, your game will not boot properly the next time you attempt to power it up. In this case, contact JJP technical support for assistance in restoring your CPU BIOS settings and getting your game to successfully boot again.

#10078 4 years ago
Quoted from mbelofsky:

If your game's CPU battery discharges below 3V (or if you remove the battery) while the game is turned off, all BIOS settings will return to factory defaults. As a result, your game will not boot properly the next time you attempt to power it up. In this case, contact JJP technical support for assistance in restoring your CPU BIOS settings and getting your game to successfully boot again.

It's interesting that no one has posted the correct BIOS settings (that I know of). I suppose it changes because JJP uses different motherboards over time. Still, would be a good thing to have on the internet rather than needing to rely on JJP.

When I have some down time, I might just took up a keyboard and look at mine.

Has anyone recorded their BIOS settings?

#10079 4 years ago

I changed my batteries in my WOZ and TH. They're cheap and I would rather change them earlier than needed as opposed to being stuck dealing with the Bios issues. Keith had recommended us to change batteries if we had early run WOZ or TH pins a couple of months ago. It was about that time. I listened to that advice. I changed some Stern pins I have at the same time (that were just as old or older). 5 or 6 years will be my interval for those button type batteries.

#10080 4 years ago

That seems like an odd design flaw, no?

#10081 4 years ago

So I contacted JJP about my drones not working and they want $30 a piece for the drones. So if one drone going bad ruins the rest, how do I figure out which drone is bad out the three?

#10082 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

So if one drone going bad ruins the rest, how do I figure out which drone is bad out the four?

You misunderstood. If one whole drone doesn't work. The other two whole drones will work, unless they are busted.

Now read carefully. There are four tiny motors in each drone, one for each propeller on each drone. If one of those tiny motors fail. Then the other three motors in that drone only won't work.

So if all three of your drones don't work. Each one has a bad motor in it.

#10083 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

So if one drone going bad ruins the rest, how do I figure out which drone is bad out the four?

If you mean which of the four tiny motors in each drone. I suppose you could take it apart and apply power to each motor inside the drone and see if you find the bad one.

I had one apart a long time back. And got to F this idea pretty fast. If you are more adept, tiny fingers, good at miniature stuff. Knock yourself out.

#10084 4 years ago

Well...my monitor died on my DI. First the video looks like this ->

Then eventually turns to this ->

screendialedin (resized).jpgscreendialedin (resized).jpg

First I thought it was video card, though the two playfield screens were still working. I unplugged the DVI cable and the LED monitor still has lines on it ->

20200322_140614 (resized).jpg20200322_140614 (resized).jpg

Then....to make absolutely sure...plugged in an outside monitor and video works fine ->

20200322_144533 (resized).jpg20200322_144533 (resized).jpg

Anybody have any ideas for a replacement monitor? Looks like they are now Micro-Ray LEDs ->

20200322_140755 (resized).jpg20200322_140755 (resized).jpg

Maybe the video monitor has a different warranty period than other JJP pinball parts? My DI has a build date of April 6 2018.

#10085 4 years ago
Quoted from Gogdog:

Maybe the video monitor has a different warranty period than other JJP pinball parts? My DI has a build date of April 6 2018.

Open a ticket and see. Or call them.

The warranty information is in the manual, to see if you are covered or not.

#10086 4 years ago

How is the spare part situation looking for dialed in?
Do you think it will be possible to get spare quantum theatre etc in a couple of years?
(thinking of buying a machine)

#10087 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

Do you think it will be possible to get spare quantum theatre etc in a couple of years?

No need to think. Just buy it. The game is that good.

#10088 4 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You misunderstood. If one whole drone doesn't work. The other two whole drones will work, unless they are busted.
Now read carefully. There are four tiny motors in each drone, one for each propeller on each drone. If one of those tiny motors fail. Then the other three motors in that drone only won't work.
So if all three of your drones don't work. Each one has a bad motor in it.

Thanks I meant to say out of the three. Aright so none of my drones work in test mode so I need to buy three new drones. Do you know if the drones are any better made now, compared to the orginals?

#10089 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Do you know if the drones are any better made now, compared to the orginals?

I would imagine the same. New software doesn't run tham as much and they last a lot longer. Search this thread for alternatives. Motors and drones.

#10090 4 years ago

Honestly the drone thing is not worth focusing on.

1. They will fail due to their inherent design in a short amount of time
2. They spin so fast you can't even tell they are doing anything while playing

#10091 4 years ago
Quoted from gjm7777:

Honestly the drone thing is not worth focusing on.
1. They will fail due to their inherent design in a short amount of time
2. They spin so fast you can't even tell they are doing anything while playing

Agreed. I have one that works and two that are inconsistent. I thought about replacing the two, but it really isn’t worth it, and they will fail again eventually, even if it takes longer with the new code.

#10092 4 years ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Agreed. I have one that works and two that are inconsistent. I thought about replacing the two, but it really isn’t worth it, and they will fail again eventually, even if it takes longer with the new code.

Yeah that’s what I was thinking too. Maybe someone will develop a mod to replace them with something else down the road.

#10093 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

Yeah that’s what I was thinking too. Maybe someone will develop a mod to replace them with something else down the road.

There are posts about adding a resistor to each drone, which is easy (and only costs a $1 or $2 for like 300 resistors from china), which greatly reduces the speed (and thus drone life).

#10094 4 years ago

Phone just randomly stopped showing video, any recommendations? When I start the machine it shows "vga" but then doesn't come on. I made sure the connection was OK.

#10095 4 years ago
Quoted from Buellxb12r:

I made sure the connection was OK.

In the backbox swap the phone VGA connector with the theater one and see if the phone picture then goes to the theater.

#10096 4 years ago

After replacing a couple of bad phones with Frank’s @ JJP help I finally got one that worked.Will it works and then it doesn’t.When game is turned on it will work for a game or two than quit.Turn the game back on later and it’s working again??????

#10097 4 years ago
Quoted from romulusx:

After replacing a couple of bad phones with Frank’s @ JJP help I finally got one that worked.Will it works and then it doesn’t.When game is turned on it will work for a game or two than quit.Turn the game back on later and it’s working again??????

I sure would like a somewhat better detailed answer to my question, then i previously got.
Are there spare parts available?

#10098 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

I sure would like a somewhat better detailed answer to my question, then i previously got.
Are there spare parts available?

I’m sure JJP has plenty of spare parts. I’ve ordered parts and it was no problem getting any of the parts I’ve asked for.
You are Dr. Pin..... you should know this!!

#10099 4 years ago
Quoted from Dr-pin:

As far as my experience with JJP there are plenty of spare parts for Dialed In.
I think this will continue.

#10100 4 years ago

LTG At some point, I started having difficulty removing the backglass while the lock is in place. Either in the "locked" or "unlocked" position, the backglass can still move around the same. The backglass seems to be just a hair too big in order to fit through the bottom frame, or it needs to be moved up just a hair further, but I feel like the lock is impeding it's movement.

The only truly reliable way to remove the glass is to remove the security torx screws and remove the speaker panel on top, but obviously don't want to have to do that each time.

Do you have any thoughts?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 22.50
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 13,641 posts in this topic. You are on page 202 of 273.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-owners-and-fans-club/page/202?hl=crile1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.