New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 177016)

Dialed In Owners and Fans Club

By goren1818

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 11,033 posts
  • 582 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 minutes ago by Boatshoe
  • Topic is favorited by 207 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,354 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

398E21AD-4446-45B0-817C-607B0CE48B1D_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
4C865A3F-732B-45DD-8FEC-63685E883A44_1_102_o (resized).jpeg
297B4F06-FC6D-4AEC-B82D-022DF73EA803 (resized).jpeg
50BDCDDC-609B-406A-818C-2F6B0F1A3A27 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
5D9F356C-47A7-4397-8F92-BA33BF31DEB3 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
IMG_20200903_205652171 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200903_205734241 (resized).jpg
E1EA0EE9-0CF2-404C-8499-4463D7A0CAB3 (resized).jpeg
48028BC3-8F75-4F97-B024-81F02232C726 (resized).jpeg
15979796255283008982572785485248 (resized).jpg
IMG_20200802_152318 (resized).jpg
dialedin (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

23 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 11033 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 221.
#9951 6 months ago

Anybody know what is in the upcoming code? I saw that buffalo pinball streamed "Dialed In! w/Kevin [2.01B Beta Code | Direct A/V] · 12 hours ago"
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/561049989

I won't have a chance to watch it for a bit to see any details discussed though. Maybe its just the wi-fi stuff?

#9952 6 months ago

looks like it enables wifi and a maybe a few new animations.

#9953 6 months ago

Happy 200th page!

I still hope for a secret 12th desaster (maybe with a Red comeo as Ted is already in there). And that a 2.0 version solves all the coil power, slowdown and other small problems one and forever! And that it will be a full update, not only a delta..

#9954 6 months ago

Has anyone swapped out the loud fan in the backbox with a Noctua or something similar?

#9955 6 months ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Happy 200th page!
I still hope for a secret 12th desaster (maybe with a Red comeo as Ted is already in there). And that a 2.0 version solves all the coil power, slowdown and other small problems one and forever! And that it will be a full update, not only a delta..

Are you referring to the pothole guy as Ted or am I missing something?

#9956 6 months ago
Quoted from yaksplat:

Has anyone swapped out the loud fan in the backbox with a Noctua or something similar?

I bought one. I think it was the same style (not size though) as the one I put into The Hobbit. I actually haven't installed it though as its not quite as noticeable to me as some of the other games.

amazon.com link »
Thats what I ordered. I have my game listed in the market though, so I will probably hold off making any changes.

#9957 6 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

Are you referring to the pothole guy as Ted or am I missing something?

Yes, this is definitively Ted. Red would fit perfectly in a secret 12th disaster...

#9958 6 months ago
Quoted from madmack:

Could be possible to drop the customized software, and install it into a SE or LE?

Won't work. Dongle won't let it boot up.

LTG : )

#9959 6 months ago

I see the B.O.B. targets are not selectable by the flippers... Sigh... If I had a pinball Genie and one wish, this would be my pinball wish.

#9960 6 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I see the B.O.B. targets are not selectable by the flippers... Sigh... If I had a pinball Genie and one wish, this would be my pinball wish.

Are you running new code?

#9961 6 months ago
Quoted from ClarkKent:

Happy 200th page!

That would be nice. It's been a while since new Dialed In code has been released. Maybe the code is complete? Now that I think about it's been a rather long time since JJP released a substantial code update for any of their games. I know they have been working on the network / WiFi update feature so maybe they are working on that to be completed before releasing new code for Dialed In, Pirates, WOZ, etc.

#9962 6 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

Are you running new code?

Is that selectable in the newer unreleased code?

I have not seen the stream yet.

#9963 6 months ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Is that selectable in the newer unreleased code?
I have not seen the stream yet.

I'm completely flaked out that the other post was referring to the Buffalo stream. I haven't seem the stream either.

#9964 6 months ago
Quoted from FatPanda:

I'm completely flaked out that the other post was referring to the Buffalo stream. I haven't seem the stream either.

I don’t have sound for the Buffalo stream.Do they say what all is new in the update?

#9965 6 months ago

just wifi was mentioned

#9966 6 months ago

It's great that JJP will (likely) release a v2.0.

I picked up Dialed In! in September and have got 1.73 and (perhaps) v2.0 on a 2+ year old game. Very nice.

And 6 months later, I'd say it's still my favorite pin ever (and that's compared to some other extremely solid games).

... Altan

#9967 6 months ago

Wifi.... wifi to do what exactly?

#9968 6 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

To be used at least for updates. Maybe this feature could be used to pull game audits as well but that would require a lot more work on JJP's part.

#9969 6 months ago

Welp, I have joined the Dark Side and officially own my first JJP pin...Dialed In. I got a great deal on a used LE. It's pretty amazing so far. So, here's the bad news in the trade.....I got handed the cliffys for it, but they are not installed.

Anyone install the cliffys underneath the phone and sim card spot? I watched a video on youtube….the video makes it look easy to install. Is it a pain in the balls to install the cliffys?

Thanks!

#9970 6 months ago
Quoted from Stones:

Welp, I have joined the Dark Side and officially own my first JJP pin...Dialed In. I got a great deal on a used LE. It's pretty amazing so far. So, here's the bad news in the trade.....I got handed the cliffys for it, but they are not installed.
Anyone install the cliffys underneath the phone and sim card spot? I watched a video on youtube….the video makes it look easy to install. Is it a pain in the balls to install the cliffys?
Thanks!

Yes!

#9971 6 months ago

Honestly if the game has lots of plays and looks fine ask yourself if the cliffs are needed?

Even if there is some chipping that has maxed out at the sim card hole the cliffy may not prevent further damage.

Both cliffs make the shots harder. The phone one I could see installing. The sim card shot would be a tougher sell IMO.

#9972 6 months ago

Mine came with both installed and another set in the coinbox.

#9973 6 months ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Give it up. Someone in the beta test group asked again. JJP responded that it was brought up to the coders group and was a emphatic "No" … and would not be in the future … very strong response on that with gifs and whatnot. No budging on that I guess.

#9974 6 months ago
Quoted from jorant:

Updates for now, they are definitely discussing and planning more things for wifi in the future. Probably baby steps on this utility feature. It "seems" like when they do something with this, they will want to do it across all of the JJP pins at the same time. Just my hunch on that.

#9975 6 months ago

Just saw the 2.01b Buffalo Pinball video here. The sound is missing for the first few minutes. I'm not sure if a summary regarding changes was discussed at the beginning? 2.01b seems like a big jump!

#9976 6 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Give it up. Someone in the beta test group asked again. JJP responded that it was brought up to the coders group and was a emphatic "No" … and would not be in the future … very strong response on that with gifs and whatnot. No budging on that I guess.

Did they give a rationale? Just curious as to why there is such a strong "no" to this.

#9977 6 months ago
Quoted from Stones:

Thanks!

I took my cliffys off. I didn’t like how it hindered my shots

#9978 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Just saw the 2.01b Buffalo Pinball video here. The sound is missing for the first few minutes. I'm not sure if a summary regarding changes was discussed at the beginning? 2.01b seems like a big jump!

They said that the beta version numbers mean absolutely nothing and would not be the same as what would get released. The numbers are for beta testing the update process. Code checks what version you are on, is there an update available (2.01 > 1.89 so yes there is an update available). We've done a few updates on each pin as they fix/change things. The actual update number that they eventually release could be lower than our beta test version number. At least that's what they said a couple of months ago.

#9979 6 months ago
Quoted from Nokoro:

Did they give a rationale? Just curious as to why there is such a strong "no" to this.

No reason given. But they feel strongly about it … we could see that pretty easily.

#9980 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

watched a little didn’t see anything really diff. Any examples?

#9981 6 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Give up commenting on a flaw in a pinball machine on a pinball forum about said machine? No thanks.

#9982 6 months ago
Quoted from delt31:

watched a little didn’t see anything really diff. Any examples?

No different in game code from what everyone else has. They just added the wifi utility in the beta code.

#9983 6 months ago

Is the phone scoop easier to hit without cliffy? I get a ton of rejects. Surprisingly I hit the sim shot pretty reliably. Lucky, I guess.

#9984 6 months ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Is the phone scoop easier to hit without cliffy? I get a ton of rejects. Surprisingly I hit the sim shot pretty reliably. Lucky, I guess.

I've had no problem hitting the phone with a cliffy installed from the factory. I actually removed the one from the sim hole as it curled up ever so slightly to make that shot only harder still.... no thank you. How much could a shot chip if it is hard to hit already? Plus it doesn't kick balls out from it... So off she went.

#9985 6 months ago

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I never knew you could delay the main multiball with the flippers and instead start a mode first. Just noticed that while watching the Buffalo Pinball stream haha. That's a great strategy option to have.

I still wish that the main multiball was 3 balls as opposed 2 as it often ends too early if you can't get the add a ball.

#9986 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I never knew you could delay the main multiball with the flippers and instead start a mode first. Just noticed that while watching the Buffalo Pinball stream haha. That's a great strategy option to have.
I still wish that the main multiball was 3 balls as opposed 2 as it often ends too early if you can't get the add a ball.

I mostly aim for 2 balls locked, in order to get a better multi! It's written on the phone, you know :p

#9987 6 months ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

I mostly aim for 2 balls locked, in order to get a better multi! It's written on the phone, you know :p

Oh, before you start the main multiball you can lock an additional ball to make it a 3 ball multiball?

#9988 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Oh, before you start the main multiball you can lock an additional ball to make it a 3 ball multiball?

The way to achieve 3 ball multiball is to start with the normal 2 ball.
Then I believe 3 shots to phone will do an add a ball

#9989 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yes, just cancel the 2 ball by double tapping both buttons and lock a second one.

#9990 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I never knew you could delay the main multiball with the flippers and instead start a mode first.

I didn’t know this. What specifically do you do with the flippers to achieve this?

#9991 6 months ago
Quoted from BENETNATH:

Yes, just cancel the 2 ball by double tapping both buttons and lock a second one.

Unless you've changed your settings from default (I don't know if it's an option or not) the first multiball is always a 2-ball MB with the ability to add-a-ball with 3 shots to the phone scoop.

You can cancel the multiball after qualifying it to start by double flipping. You will see an indicator on the phone screen saying you can cancel MB start (when the phone rings), if you want to start a mode first.

On the second Multiball, you have qualify and lock 2 balls before you can start a 3-ball MB. You can add-a-ball the same way to gain a 4-ball MB. You can also cancel the MB in the same way by double flipping, as indicated on the phone screen, if you want to start a mode prior to starting.

If you cancel your MB start, and drain, you can no longer start a mode on your next ball. You must start MB and drain back down to 1 ball before you can start modes again.

#9992 6 months ago

That’s what I said

#9993 6 months ago

Thanks for the detailed explanation.
That's indeed the behavior

#9994 6 months ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yeah, there's a few instances where it becomes really handy to delay MB.

One is timing it with Meteor. MB makes it much quicker to finish that mode for obvious reasons.

The other less obvious is timing it with Volcano. If you start Volcano and then start MB, you can use the ball save to your advantage. Every automatic plunge counts as making the right ramp in that mode. So, you can alternate quickly between hitting the theatre (an easy shot) and draining, auto-plunging, making the right ramp (normally a more difficult shot).

#9995 6 months ago
Quoted from romulusx:

The way to achieve 3 ball multiball is to start with the normal 2 ball.
Then I believe 3 shots to phone will do an add a ball

To be honest, I wish aborting the multiball allowed an opportunity to lock a 3rd ball. Add-a-ball would be the 4th ball.

Rob

#9996 6 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I do agree with the programmers on this. If only the flippers didn't lose so much power when the ball is shot off the end of the flipper bat...

Rob

#9997 6 months ago

Just stack the QTMB, UAMB and a Crazy BOB MB with a mode. Then you will have all balls in play.

#9998 6 months ago

I like the JJP Camera functionality started with Dialed In! It works ok much of the time. However, today it didn't like my outfit. I ended up with 3 high scores with pictures similar to this.

IMG_3368 (resized).jpeg

Even with squinting my eyes, I don't see how the facial detection thought this was a face.

Anyone have goofy / fun Dialed In! pictures the game took?

#9999 6 months ago

BTW, regarding Dialed In pictures... I don't know if this has been posted before, but I realized you can effectively export the pictures from your game. Just do a settings backup.

You'll end up with a *.tar.gz file. I think the name of the file has something to do with the game's serial number but I have no way to knowing that as a fact.

untar / unzip and head into

jjpe/gen1/DailedIn/vf/misc/hstd

and you'll see various *.png files.

And, BTW, I'd expect you could use the reverse process to insert your own images in place of the originals --- but haven't tried it yet. It might have a hash or something that gets in the way

#10000 6 months ago
Quoted from altan:

I ended up with 3 high scores with pictures similar to this.

Change your camera to do a better job looking for a face.

LTG : )

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 22.50
$ 3.50
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
There are 11033 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 221.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside